Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So the Mark Field incident then... 07:23 - Jun 21 with 31712 viewsDanTheMan

Posted the longer video for context.

His explanation is that he thought she might be armed.

Can't say that he looks very scared, looks more angry than anything and then takes it out on her. Not a good look.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:30 - Jun 21 with 1541 viewsballycastle

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:27 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

Except there was no intruder in his home. This was a function in a publicly accessible building.

They were trespassing, no? Security was very lapse, which should be a concern.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:32 - Jun 21 with 1536 viewsartsbossbeard

Just imagine if he'd have drunk a mojito on the train going home afterwards.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:35 - Jun 21 with 1513 viewsHerbivore

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:30 - Jun 21 by ballycastle

Attempt to engage honestly please. You're already trying to move the goalposts.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:36 - Jun 21 with 1510 viewsballycastle

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:30 - Jun 21 by WeWereZombies

But it wasn't Mark Field's property, was it? And I think the Labour MPs who have commented also are aware of the murder of Jo Cox and realise that disruption to events is worrying, and it probably goes on much more than we aware.

'Jess Phillips MP tweeted: "Every MP has to deal with protest and conflict, it is done with words. To watch this is so so awful."'

Not just Labour condemning him either:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-48714864

...former Tory MP Sarah Wollaston said it was "absolutely shameful, a male MP marching a woman out of a room by her neck".
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 8:35]

Words were obviously not enough to remove the protestors, they were uninvited, refused to leave, have to be forcibly removed.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:37 - Jun 21 with 1511 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:32 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

Just imagine if he'd have drunk a mojito on the train going home afterwards.

Nobody was calling for DA to be sacked for drinking a mojito the tube. Mark Fields should be sacked for his assault on the woman. Big difference.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:41 - Jun 21 with 1486 viewswkj

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:30 - Jun 21 by ballycastle

Indeed. So he should have been frog marching his security to the nearest job center instead

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:41 - Jun 21 with 1485 viewsballycastle

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:35 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

Attempt to engage honestly please. You're already trying to move the goalposts.

No I'm not, not at all, I believe, from the footage I have seen, that the removal was no more than is witnessed week in week out when disruptive people are removed from premises in the UK, the fact this was done by a Tory MP is the reason for a great deal of the indignation.
So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:44 - Jun 21 with 1473 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:41 - Jun 21 by ballycastle

No I'm not, not at all, I believe, from the footage I have seen, that the removal was no more than is witnessed week in week out when disruptive people are removed from premises in the UK, the fact this was done by a Tory MP is the reason for a great deal of the indignation.

No- the reason is that it was an assault.

Disruptive people are removed by trained licenced security, usually. And are removed after taking a measured approach initially.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:45 - Jun 21 with 1468 viewswkj

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:44 - Jun 21 by sparks

No- the reason is that it was an assault.

Disruptive people are removed by trained licenced security, usually. And are removed after taking a measured approach initially.

Careful now, using facts is a low blow- don't sell out

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:46 - Jun 21 with 1462 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:36 - Jun 21 by ballycastle

Words were obviously not enough to remove the protestors, they were uninvited, refused to leave, have to be forcibly removed.

Well, they did not have to be forcibly removed, they could have been allowed five minutes at the lectern as a condition for then leaving for example. Whilst Greenpeace can be vociferous they do not have a history of physical violence against the people they are protesting against, do they?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:48 - Jun 21 with 1456 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:46 - Jun 21 by WeWereZombies

Well, they did not have to be forcibly removed, they could have been allowed five minutes at the lectern as a condition for then leaving for example. Whilst Greenpeace can be vociferous they do not have a history of physical violence against the people they are protesting against, do they?

Dont agree with that. They are not entitled to be there- fair enough to remove them. No reason to make concessions to people who are imposing on others.

However- it needs to be done properly.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:51 - Jun 21 with 1439 viewsartsbossbeard

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:37 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

Nobody was calling for DA to be sacked for drinking a mojito the tube. Mark Fields should be sacked for his assault on the woman. Big difference.

Isn't Jeremy Hunt effectively MF's boss?

First Q for his first day of campaigning "Jeremy, should MF resign?"

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:51 - Jun 21 with 1438 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:48 - Jun 21 by sparks

Dont agree with that. They are not entitled to be there- fair enough to remove them. No reason to make concessions to people who are imposing on others.

It would have been a politically astute move though. 'we're on your side'

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:52 - Jun 21 with 1429 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:48 - Jun 21 by sparks

Entitlement - now there is a thorny issue, we are into the realms of comparing de jure and de facto now...

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:54 - Jun 21 with 1418 viewssparks

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:52 - Jun 21 by WeWereZombies

Entitlement - now there is a thorny issue, we are into the realms of comparing de jure and de facto now...

No. Its very very simple. They are imposing on others, in a private space where they have no permission to be. There are no grey areas there.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:55 - Jun 21 with 1417 viewsStokieBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:08 - Jun 21 by Herbivore

Oh do pipe down, you sound like some alt right, butt hurt mansplainer most of the time these days. Not one person has said that his conduct is unacceptable because it was a female protester and that it would be acceptable if it was a male. You are the one wanting to imply that to create fake offence. Won't someone think of the men?! Well yeah, everyone does and has done for millenia you fool.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 8:13]

Not on here no, but I heard that angle being pushed on Today on Radio 4 this morning.

Not that it would be acceptable if it was a male, just that it was more unacceptable because it was a female. I thought it was an odd point at the time.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:57 - Jun 21 with 1413 viewsBrixtonBlue

I read the thread before watching the video... and I have to say I was expecting something a lot worse. She isn't removed anymore forcefully than we've seen female streakers removed from football pitches.

She shouldn't have been there so I'm not sure she can have too much complaint.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:59 - Jun 21 with 1396 viewsStokieBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:52 - Jun 21 by WeWereZombies

I do think he has a point.

It seems that nowadays people think they have the right to impose their views on people regardless of the situation or the context. I don't actually think it's acceptable.

A protest outside the venue is certainly acceptable and would also make a point, bursting into venues isn't in my opinion. If someone burst into your home and protested at you eating your spam I doubt you'd be please.

It's all about context and that has been lost over the last decade. People "know" they are right and thus these "rules" don't apply to them.

SB

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:00 - Jun 21 with 1393 viewsWeWereZombies

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:54 - Jun 21 by sparks

No. Its very very simple. They are imposing on others, in a private space where they have no permission to be. There are no grey areas there.

And so the World goes to pot and no one thinks anything about anything - well done...

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:01 - Jun 21 with 1390 viewsGlasgowBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:51 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

Isn't Jeremy Hunt effectively MF's boss?

First Q for his first day of campaigning "Jeremy, should MF resign?"

And if he has any balls he should say yes. And if he doesn’t resign he should be sacked.

One last comment on the man/woman differences. A few years ago John Prescott punched a bloke for egging him. Most people said well done. There was no hand wringing at the time and I think Blair said it was “John being John”.

There would have quite rightly been a massive uproar if the egger was a woman rather than a burley bloke and Prescott punches her.

There is a different way that we treat men and women. People can deny this but it’s true.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:02 - Jun 21 with 1385 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 08:59 - Jun 21 by StokieBlue

I do think he has a point.

It seems that nowadays people think they have the right to impose their views on people regardless of the situation or the context. I don't actually think it's acceptable.

A protest outside the venue is certainly acceptable and would also make a point, bursting into venues isn't in my opinion. If someone burst into your home and protested at you eating your spam I doubt you'd be please.

It's all about context and that has been lost over the last decade. People "know" they are right and thus these "rules" don't apply to them.

SB

This wasn't his home though - it was a political event.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:04 - Jun 21 with 1374 viewsartsbossbeard

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:01 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

And if he has any balls he should say yes. And if he doesn’t resign he should be sacked.

One last comment on the man/woman differences. A few years ago John Prescott punched a bloke for egging him. Most people said well done. There was no hand wringing at the time and I think Blair said it was “John being John”.

There would have quite rightly been a massive uproar if the egger was a woman rather than a burley bloke and Prescott punches her.

There is a different way that we treat men and women. People can deny this but it’s true.

I'm with you on your final point, it's just how things should be done.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:05 - Jun 21 with 1373 viewsStokieBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:02 - Jun 21 by giant_stow

This wasn't his home though - it was a political event.

Not really the point I was making, it was an absurd example to highlight that people don't respect things anymore. They had no right to burst into the room.

What happened afterwards was totally unacceptable, Field or anyone else shouldn't be doing that.

From the BBC (Greenpeace own words):

"Dozens of activists - dressed in suits, red dresses and sashes - "gatecrashed" the dinner, according to Greenpeace, and refused to leave."

I don't think that's acceptable, they made their point, they should have left. Really they shouldn't have been inside at all - peaceful protests can be made outside the venue - bursting into places is only going to cause animosity.

I think my point stands.

SB
[Post edited 21 Jun 2019 9:06]

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:06 - Jun 21 with 1364 viewsgiant_stow

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:04 - Jun 21 by artsbossbeard

I'm with you on your final point, it's just how things should be done.

It's a general rule for decent behaviour, rightly or wrongly. More right than wrong though.

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:08 - Jun 21 with 1354 viewsBrixtonBlue

So the Mark Field incident then... on 09:01 - Jun 21 by GlasgowBlue

I agree with your Prescott point but disagree that unreasonable force was used in this incident. A punch in the face is very different to frogmarching someone out of a room.

You know I have no love for the Tories but I think the security on this event should be sacked, not Field.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024