Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We really should get promoted with this midfield: 10:40 - Jul 7 with 6193 viewsunstableblue

We’ve got Judge, Dozzell, Lankester, Huws, Downes, skuse, Bishop, Edwards, Nolan, El Miz, Rowe, Roberts

Best pre-season midfield squad for a while?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 10:50 - Jul 7 with 3861 viewsSWGF

Sadly it's the misfiring attack and leaky defence that are the issue

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 10:53 - Jul 7 with 3849 viewsbluesym

Do you know what, that midfield still looks like its missing something though.Someone like a Shaun Derry type, an aggresive leader.

I suppose Downes may become that, but he is still incredibly rash at times and picks up silly bookings, although in fairness you could put that down to his young age.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 10:54 - Jul 7 with 3837 viewsSuperblue95

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 10:50 - Jul 7 by SWGF

It’s amazing how horribly unbalanced our squad is

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:13 - Jul 7 with 3778 viewschristiand

Who would be your starters from that lot Unstableblue? It's a tough one trying to narrow that lot down and playing round pegs in round holes.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2019 11:21]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:25 - Jul 7 with 3739 viewstextbackup

couple of them will go out on loan somewhere, surely? huge amount of players for 3/4 positions

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:31 - Jul 7 with 3731 viewsTrequartista

That's the same midfield that finished bottom of the Championship.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:32 - Jul 7 with 3727 viewsTrequartista

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 10:54 - Jul 7 by Superblue95

It’s amazing how horribly unbalanced our squad is

What has happened to "Freshening the squad up" from last season. One striker and a couple of keeper. It's all a different tone now.

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:32 - Jul 7 with 3723 viewswkj

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:31 - Jul 7 by Trequartista

To me that midfield would be fine if not for the sieve of a backline we had last year.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:43 - Jul 7 with 3690 viewsTrequartista

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:32 - Jul 7 by wkj

To me that midfield would be fine if not for the sieve of a backline we had last year.

The main issue is how many of those players will continue to struggle with injuries, or if fit, how many will recapture the form they once displayed before being injured. Get past those two big ifs and i would agree with the OP.

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:46 - Jul 7 with 3669 viewschristiand

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:31 - Jul 7 by Trequartista

Yes, but sadly we aren't in the Championship anymore!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:46 - Jul 7 with 3668 viewswkj

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:43 - Jul 7 by Trequartista

The main issue is how many of those players will continue to struggle with injuries, or if fit, how many will recapture the form they once displayed before being injured. Get past those two big ifs and i would agree with the OP.

Lets hope they visited the same physio this summer as David McG had last season.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:48 - Jul 7 with 3659 viewsSWGF

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 10:53 - Jul 7 by bluesym

Do you know what, that midfield still looks like its missing something though.Someone like a Shaun Derry type, an aggresive leader.

I suppose Downes may become that, but he is still incredibly rash at times and picks up silly bookings, although in fairness you could put that down to his young age.

Agree. It's going to be a slog. Need a nasty bastard in the middle.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 12:59 - Jul 7 with 3531 viewsfranz_tyson

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:48 - Jul 7 by SWGF

Agree. It's going to be a slog. Need a nasty bastard in the middle.

Agree also. For the amount of midfielders we have... a genuine enforcer type would not go amiss. No offence to Skuse but he’s not that and Downes could be, but still learning the game. It would be nice to bully a midfield rather than be bullied.
We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 13:03 - Jul 7 with 3505 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

No it’s not - we also had Chalobah last year, who was probably our best midfielder

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 13:38 - Jul 7 with 3450 viewsTrequartista

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 13:03 - Jul 7 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

No it’s not - we also had Chalobah last year, who was probably our best midfielder

well quite, to be more precise I meant that the players listed were in present in last season's disaster.

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 14:19 - Jul 7 with 3389 viewsElderGrizzly

Agree, but how many will be fit long enough to make an impact and how much will the defence cost us in comparison?
We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 14:22 - Jul 7 with 3386 viewsMach_foreignBlue

We've needed that for years. Not a nice, lovely Skuse in midfield. Just some nasty, aggressive ilk of midfielder who would have been a nuisance for the opposition.
We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 14:24 - Jul 7 with 3377 viewsMrTown

Not with this defence: Donacien, Emmanuel, Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Kenlock

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 15:12 - Jul 7 with 3312 viewsjas0999

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 10:50 - Jul 7 by SWGF

Couldn’t agree more.
We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 15:40 - Jul 7 with 3284 viewsstrikalite

It's a decent group for League One, for me now we could just do with an experienced head at the back - think we all agree there, and another N'Daw will do too..

Prem loans haven't really started yet, when the big boys start signing then a couple of season loan jobs will strengthen us, nothing wrong with that, though we've all been crying out for these lads to be given their first team chance, so have faith, this is League One, they should be easily good enough now...they're not kids anymore.
We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 15:50 - Jul 7 with 3251 viewsbraveblue

Not many goals in there.
We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 16:00 - Jul 7 with 3225 viewsHARRY10

Pre season

Not season, as we still have no idea who will be here come Aug 3rd. And much will depend on how well motivated the whole squad is.

A team, on the day, should be more than the sum of it's parts - whereas you seem to be suggesting that as we don't seem to have obvious liabilities in our midfield selection we should get promoted.

I think a fair few of our lot are in for a wake up call. We certainly won't struggle as we did last season, but it won't be the stroll in the park many seem to imagine.
We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 17:35 - Jul 7 with 3134 viewsBlueBadger

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 14:24 - Jul 7 by MrTown

Not with this defence: Donacien, Emmanuel, Chambers, Nsiala, Woolfenden, Ndaba, Kenlock

Nsiala is 'proven in the Third division' remember.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 17:37 - Jul 7 with 3127 viewsBlueBadger

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 11:32 - Jul 7 by wkj

It's very, very physically lightweight.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

We really should get promoted with this midfield: on 17:41 - Jul 7 with 3119 viewsDarth_Koont

Not sure if it's Shaun Derry we need but you could be right.

And definitely the midfield lacked something last season. Hopefully they can rise to the challenge and will be able to impose themselves on weaker players than in the Championship last year.

But no idea what the first-choice midfield will end up like - players or formation.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024