Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... 22:54 - Aug 20 with 5981 viewsKieran_Knows

... as most do on here, rather value your opinion on the youth players here as you have watched them aplenty over the years, but just what is the deal with Andre Dozzell?

Is he as good as he has been made out to be? Is it the manager that’s holding him back? Is it the system we play? I just struggle to see what the fuss is all about if I’m being honest. Every time you think this is the game he can put his stamp on it, he just tends to hide away.

Can you shed any light?

Ta.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:56 - Aug 20 with 4849 viewsJ2BLUE

Frankly if we have to sell him next summer to keep Woolf and Downes then it's an easy choice.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:56 - Aug 20 with 4855 viewsTown_Boy

Far too light weight for CM. Very sideways reminds of a Luke Hyam. Miss Bishop in the middle if we turned down 3 million then we have shot ourself in the foot

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:57 - Aug 20 with 4823 viewstextbackup

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:56 - Aug 20 by Town_Boy

Far too light weight for CM. Very sideways reminds of a Luke Hyam. Miss Bishop in the middle if we turned down 3 million then we have shot ourself in the foot

yet if he'd gone there would have been uproar

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:57 - Aug 20 with 4818 viewsFixed_It

Interested to hear what Joe says about him too. He just hasn't really dominated in any game. He flatters to deceive. As somone said elsewhere, with others coming back from injury he needs to be careful that he doesn't get left behind.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:00 - Aug 20 with 4756 viewsreusersfreekicks

Dozzel like Luke Hyam!!!! That has to be the most unlikely comparison of 2 ipswich players ever!
Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:00 - Aug 20 with 4744 viewsTown_Boy

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:57 - Aug 20 by textbackup

I don’t think he has anything special about him. Lots of hype as he’s young and played for England..

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:00 - Aug 20 with 4727 viewsHipsterectomy

The amount of apparent scouts that watch him suggest he’s a known talent. I agree though, I haven’t seen much from him

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:01 - Aug 20 with 4716 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:57 - Aug 20 by textbackup

There’s ALOT more to it than is public. But it’s not my place.

Edit - Def info from the same person who told me about Norwood in February.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 23:02]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Login to get fewer ads

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 4666 viewsflimflam

No doubt a player in there else would not be anywhere near the England setup but looked very lightweight tonight and was bullied out of the game.

Made a couple of great passes but not enough for someone playing in the 10 role.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:02 - Aug 20 with 4664 viewsDevereuxxx

I honestly think he's at the wrong club.

If he was at a championship clubs that played 3 in the middle and passed it through the lines, he'd probably excel. We've never played a style of football which benefits his style of play.
Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:03 - Aug 20 with 4630 viewsjudespiveyg

A player who'd look better in a better league. This division is far more conducive to dynamic, box-to-box midfielders in the Jon Nolan variety. Put Dozzell in a good championship side or a lower prem side who play decent football and I think he looks better. If he can make that ball to Norwood more often he'll become a very very good player.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:05 - Aug 20 with 4574 viewsReuser_is_God

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:01 - Aug 20 by The_Romford_Blue

There’s ALOT more to it than is public. But it’s not my place.

Edit - Def info from the same person who told me about Norwood in February.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2019 23:02]

Go on then...

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:08 - Aug 20 with 4522 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:05 - Aug 20 by Reuser_is_God

Go on then...

Obviously not.

All it would do is create problems for the club and the player so why would I do that?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:11 - Aug 20 with 4457 viewspointofblue

The difference is Luke Hyam was being turned into something he wasn't because of lack of depth in the squad. Dozzell is being asked to play to the strengths but, for whatever reason, isn't able to.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:29 - Aug 20 with 4312 viewsSpruceMoose

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:08 - Aug 20 by The_Romford_Blue

Obviously not.

All it would do is create problems for the club and the player so why would I do that?

Probably shouldn't have dropped that naughty little teaser then!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 01:22 - Aug 21 with 4044 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:29 - Aug 20 by SpruceMoose

Probably shouldn't have dropped that naughty little teaser then!

I’ve always been a bit of tease - especially in short shorts

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 01:28 - Aug 21 with 4030 viewsTractorWood

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:02 - Aug 20 by Devereuxxx

I honestly think he's at the wrong club.

If he was at a championship clubs that played 3 in the middle and passed it through the lines, he'd probably excel. We've never played a style of football which benefits his style of play.

At other clubs you wouldn't get dozens of chances.....

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 05:56 - Aug 21 with 3833 viewsbrogansnose

I do wonder how much his injury has mentally affected him. Certainly, he doesn't play with the carefree thrusting abandon that he played wtih at Sheff Wed, what is now, a long time ago. The lads vision and his ability to produce a defence splitting pass, as he did last night for Big Jamesy, is something you very rarely see at the levels we've been festering in. The problem is that the modern game requires so much more and players need to do the dirty stuff too if not he becomes a bit of a luxury especiaally against a team like Wimbledon who were pretty physical.

Personally, I think we persevere with him , toughen him up a bit and get his confidence up.
Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 06:08 - Aug 21 with 3786 viewstextbackup

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 05:56 - Aug 21 by brogansnose

I do wonder how much his injury has mentally affected him. Certainly, he doesn't play with the carefree thrusting abandon that he played wtih at Sheff Wed, what is now, a long time ago. The lads vision and his ability to produce a defence splitting pass, as he did last night for Big Jamesy, is something you very rarely see at the levels we've been festering in. The problem is that the modern game requires so much more and players need to do the dirty stuff too if not he becomes a bit of a luxury especiaally against a team like Wimbledon who were pretty physical.

Personally, I think we persevere with him , toughen him up a bit and get his confidence up.

where as Downes loves a battle, and produces some great pieces of skill, and flair. that kids the real deal

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 06:15 - Aug 21 with 3748 viewsbrogansnose

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 06:08 - Aug 21 by textbackup

where as Downes loves a battle, and produces some great pieces of skill, and flair. that kids the real deal

Downes, fk me, what a player. Sometimes I just watch him and let the rest slide by................and then there's the boy Wolfenden. I hope Lankester comes back the same player from his injury too.

Ahh, young Andre, there's so much there, we just need to see it more.

I love it, proper Towen stuff.
Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 06:39 - Aug 21 with 3658 viewsJoHnNnY

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 22:56 - Aug 20 by J2BLUE

Frankly if we have to sell him next summer to keep Woolf and Downes then it's an easy choice.

If it was a choice of keep him or El Mizouni i’d still let Dozzell go.

Can we just play some attractive football please?
Poll: Who would like to see a return of the previous badge design?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:25 - Aug 21 with 3327 viewsitfcjoe

I think the ball through to Norwood last night, is why he's rated so highly by people in football - he can execute passes that most other players can't even see.

But is that enough? Not for us at the moment in reality - he needs to play in a 2 so he can get on the ball, but then he has to play in a 3 because he isn't able to do enough off the ball and we get overrun in a 2.

I think him and Downes would be a decent partnership in there, he needs someone very mobile alongside him to do a lot of the dirty work and needs to be the player who takes the ball from defence and gets us playing.

The injury really killed him, he came into that season brimming with confidence after starting and starring playing a year up for England in their Euro's win, and if anyone could get a video of that half v Birmingham then you'd see how he needs to play, had he stayed fit that year in a settled position under Mick think it would be a very different story. Is he the only player Mick trusted to get the ball off the back 4 and get us playing in his 6 years in charge?

Sadly, I think he needs a fresh start, I don't see how he has success here now with how we seemingly need/want to play in this league - but for all the talk of a poor performance last night, he has one game breaking moment which should have set us up for a more comfrtable win

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:33 - Aug 21 with 3252 viewsArnieM

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 23:03 - Aug 20 by judespiveyg

A player who'd look better in a better league. This division is far more conducive to dynamic, box-to-box midfielders in the Jon Nolan variety. Put Dozzell in a good championship side or a lower prem side who play decent football and I think he looks better. If he can make that ball to Norwood more often he'll become a very very good player.

Basically he’s a luxury in League One.

I said before the season started Dozzell would struggle in League One. It’s too physical for him.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:33 - Aug 21 with 3254 viewsTractorJack

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:25 - Aug 21 by itfcjoe

I think the ball through to Norwood last night, is why he's rated so highly by people in football - he can execute passes that most other players can't even see.

But is that enough? Not for us at the moment in reality - he needs to play in a 2 so he can get on the ball, but then he has to play in a 3 because he isn't able to do enough off the ball and we get overrun in a 2.

I think him and Downes would be a decent partnership in there, he needs someone very mobile alongside him to do a lot of the dirty work and needs to be the player who takes the ball from defence and gets us playing.

The injury really killed him, he came into that season brimming with confidence after starting and starring playing a year up for England in their Euro's win, and if anyone could get a video of that half v Birmingham then you'd see how he needs to play, had he stayed fit that year in a settled position under Mick think it would be a very different story. Is he the only player Mick trusted to get the ball off the back 4 and get us playing in his 6 years in charge?

Sadly, I think he needs a fresh start, I don't see how he has success here now with how we seemingly need/want to play in this league - but for all the talk of a poor performance last night, he has one game breaking moment which should have set us up for a more comfrtable win

Joe, talk to me - Andre Dozzell... on 08:33 - Aug 21 with 3247 viewsBluespeed225

There may be something else on his mind, time will tell. But footy wise, he needs a bit of an arm around him, and some time on the grass. Think he’s too laid back as a lad to be a game bossing midfielder in the Magilton mould.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024