Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If Ipswich Town went out of existence 16:23 - Aug 22 with 10939 viewsGeoffSentence

What would you do for football?

I think I would probably lose interest entirely, I don't pay much attention to the football world beyond FPR anyway, so if that was gone I would probably find other ways to spend my free time.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 20:41 - Aug 22 with 3944 viewsTheBoyBlue

I'd probably give Woodbridge Town a go.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 21:32 - Aug 22 with 3920 viewsbilllm

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 17:35 - Aug 22 by Tractorchef

Might be worth getting your name on the waiting list now!

He should just about get a ticket when they finish there 100,000 all seater stadia
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 23:50 - Aug 22 with 3864 viewsJimmyJazz

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 19:58 - Aug 22 by Jeff_winger

Can you get a season ticket in the away end?
That would be fun

Go in the away end for each home game in your Ipswich shirt, like those 2 Newcastle fans

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 23:51 - Aug 22 with 3862 viewstextbackup

i spend so much time thinking about this club, the team etc that if it no longer existed i honestly think i'd suffer some sort of mental break down.

that aside, i'd latch on to London teams and nip down there to watch once every month. not sure who, orient, westham, just for my football fix

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 00:50 - Aug 23 with 3848 viewsbritbiker

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 19:58 - Aug 22 by Jeff_winger

Can you get a season ticket in the away end?
That would be fun

Could you imagine 4,000 ex ipswich fans rolling up to every Norwich match in the away end.
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 01:38 - Aug 23 with 3840 viewsStNeotsBlue

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 20:14 - Aug 22 by Durovigutum

Godmanchester Town.

I go to a few St. Neots games as it is as a few of my mates are involved at the club, they're playing Godmanchester Rovers in the FA Cup this weekend. I'm working so won't be attending.
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 06:44 - Aug 23 with 3806 viewswoodbridge_blue

Woodbridge Town
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 06:59 - Aug 23 with 3794 viewsTractorCam

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 20:41 - Aug 22 by TheBoyBlue

Give them a go now, non league is great!

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Login to get fewer ads

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 07:03 - Aug 23 with 3787 viewsdusseldorf_blue

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 16:41 - Aug 22 by acj

(Assuming no phoenix club) I think I’d pretty much just lose interest in English league football altogether. Living in Chile at the moment so If I were still here I’d just devote myself to the side I follow over here, Palestino.

Would never be the same of course.

Borussia Monchengladbach! Already go to about 10 home games a season anyway, compared 2 or 3 at Town
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 07:23 - Aug 23 with 3779 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Think I’d convert money spent following Town into some European football weekends. Couldn’t get behind any other team in this country.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 08:00 - Aug 23 with 3731 viewsChurchman

I would follow the club that emerged from the ashes. And it would happen.

I go to the odd game friends to see their teams and it’s always enjoyable but not the same. Without the total involvement and passion of following ones own team, it’s a very ‘3rd party’ experience for me.
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 08:19 - Aug 23 with 3704 viewscolly

It's not the more mature, existing fans that will be the issue but the young looking for a local league team to support.

Clearly many will look north whilst Colchester should benefit a lot, if we still exist.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2019 8:20]
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 08:23 - Aug 23 with 3698 viewsIPS_wich

I haven't properly followed the premier league or England for a decade and have pretty much fallen out of love with football apart from Town. I actually can't stand the sport at it's highest level, too much diving and it's so stop start with constant free-kicks. I've probably watched 2-3 Champion's League games ever and VAR at the world cup last year was the final straw for me.

Which is a shame as I started going to FPR in 1980 and it's the biggest thing that connects me and my 70 year-old dad. I went to every home game as a teenager in the period 87-92 and then post-uni went to about 35 games a season from 97-05 until I moved away from Ipswich and worked most weekends (going to 4-5 away games a season).

Since moving down under six years ago I've become obsessed with Aussie Rules - so if ITFC ceased I'd probably severe my final tie with soccer and not even bother with a Phoenix club.

Until that happens though, Ill still be up to the early hours every Sunday morning watching the iFollow stream and swapping texts with my Dad.

C'mon You Blues...
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 09:11 - Aug 23 with 3677 viewsHalf_Idiot

Would probably start following my local team Sheffield FC. They've got a cracking Thornbridge Brewery pub at the ground so probably wouldn't see much of the football though
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 09:43 - Aug 23 with 3656 viewsSamWhiteUK

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 17:30 - Aug 22 by agentp

I would become a season ticket holder at Carrot road.

Haha, yeah, can you get a ST in the away area? So you're supporting their opposition every week?
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 10:03 - Aug 23 with 3645 viewsElephantintheRoom

Some would say Ipswich Town went out of existance when it went bust and re-emerged under different share ownership under an offshore ticket tout.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 10:12 - Aug 23 with 3637 viewsSpruceMoose

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 10:03 - Aug 23 by ElephantintheRoom

Some would say Ipswich Town went out of existance when it went bust and re-emerged under different share ownership under an offshore ticket tout.

Well as a Norwich fan you would say that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 10:50 - Aug 23 with 3622 viewsJ2BLUE

I could never support another team, including, probably, the phoenix club.

I'd probably become a clubless Sky Sports 'football fan' and support whoever i'm betting on.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 11:12 - Aug 23 with 3610 viewsthatdamgood89

I'm not sure I'd watch football. I struggle to watch anything but Town regularly now because It's fast becoming a game I don't really like. Money, VAR etc etc .
I may go for the old social jolly or do the Match Day vlog for my Youtube Channel here and there but for actual support? Maybe West Ham because that was my late fathers boy hood club. Good question dunno.

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 11:13 - Aug 23 with 3610 viewsBluebell

I would support Oxford United. They have always been my second team.

One of my first dates with Mr Bluebell was to an Oxford game.
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 11:52 - Aug 23 with 3588 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 17:56 - Aug 22 by acj

There are some good players in the league down here as it happens! Oscar Opazo who plays for Colo Colo is quality, and Ignacio Jeraldino from Audax Italiano has been ripping it up this season, expecting him to move to Europe sooner or later.

Don't post them on here - we all know PL reads here and will see them but all the Norwich fans who come on will pass the names on to Farke won't they?

Imagine when they sell Pukey in January and replace him with an unheard of Chilean who goes on to be just as good. How are you going to feel knowing the part you played?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 11:53 - Aug 23 with 3586 viewsSpruceMoose

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 23:51 - Aug 22 by textbackup

i spend so much time thinking about this club, the team etc that if it no longer existed i honestly think i'd suffer some sort of mental break down.

that aside, i'd latch on to London teams and nip down there to watch once every month. not sure who, orient, westham, just for my football fix

West Ham?

Get in the sea!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 12:10 - Aug 23 with 3566 viewsjudespiveyg

Palace
Wouldn't be close to being the same but for some unknown reason I find myself always checking their scores and how they're getting on. Again, though, it would be nowhere near as important to me and be a completely different experience to Ipswich.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 13:42 - Aug 23 with 3535 viewswoodbridge_blue

If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 20:41 - Aug 22 by TheBoyBlue

I have been to the past two midweek games, wins against Kirkley (4-1) and Walsham (5-1), really entertaining, attacking football, a joy to watch.
If Ipswich Town went out of existence on 13:44 - Aug 23 with 3533 viewswkj

Felixstowe and Walton, for a little club they have some amazing support and are quite exciting to watch

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024