Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We’re On Our Way etc..... 18:16 - Sep 1 with 11427 viewsITFC_Forever

What a fecking awful droning dirge of a chant.

Hardly anyone knows the words, it gets completely mumbled and it sounds like there are far too many words to fit in to ever make it work.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 20:56 - Sep 1 with 2673 viewsSitfcB

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 20:30 - Sep 1 by ONENIL78

talking of "never heard it,,,,did any1 actually here the PA yesterday,got to be 1 of the worst ive heard

As in, the PA system?

Doesn’t work in SBRL.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 23:00 - Sep 1 with 2617 viewsBlue_Order

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 20:49 - Sep 1 by Bluefish

Mildenhall town sing that one well

It amazes me that we don't sing the never lost at home one more or the famous boys from suffolk. Both are brilliant for getting something going.

Archie’s Ultras

We sing Never Lost At Home every game in the section, but sadly it doesn’t seem to catch on very well.

Most people outwith S6 probably don’t hear them all, but there’s a decent amount of songs being sung every week now. Certainly the most I’ve ever known since I’ve been attending games.
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 23:07 - Sep 1 with 2596 viewsjeera

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 19:37 - Sep 1 by factual_blue

That the words have the right number of syllables to match the metre (poetry) or tune (music).

Or as normal people say...

It fits.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 23:09 - Sep 1 with 2591 viewsjeera

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 19:10 - Sep 1 by MattinLondon

I find it quite funny that the same people who moan that modern day music is rubbish probably got really annoyed when they were younger when older people then complained about ‘modern’ music.

A symptom of being a miserable old sod.

One day those who currently find it quite funny that the same people who moan that modern day music is rubbish probably got really annoyed when they were younger when older people then complained about ‘modern’ music...

will also be miserable old sods.

It is funny though. I've not only become a miserable sod, I still think I'm always in the right too, which I did when I was a young know-it-all.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 23:47 - Sep 1 with 2560 viewsfactual_blue

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 23:07 - Sep 1 by jeera

Or as normal people say...

It fits.

This is TWTD. There are no normal people here.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 00:14 - Sep 2 with 2544 viewsKievthegreat

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 19:45 - Sep 1 by noggin

Jeez, are people really taking football chants so seriously these days?

I don't think people are taking it seriously, but you know that feeling when you hear a chant and even though technically it's got the right number of syllables and fits with the timing, yet doesn't sound right. Like you hear it and it's just jarring because emphasis we put in words doesn't match the emphasis of the song.

I don't think you need a great musical mind to write songs, but it's why some that make sense on paper just sound like crap out loud.
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 06:19 - Sep 2 with 2473 viewsbrogansnose

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 18:53 - Sep 1 by noggin

Fans who moan about songs but come up with nothing as an alternative.

This issue melts my chocolate buttons.

Surely its about making noise and getting behind the team rather than a critical appraisal of songs. Anything is better than mostly silence, general moaning and serious tutting from the Cobbold.
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 07:31 - Sep 2 with 2435 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 09:06 - Sep 2 with 2387 viewssolemio

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 07:31 - Sep 2 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I'd quite like "No Boris Johnson".
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 09:09 - Sep 2 with 2380 viewsartsbossbeard

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 18:33 - Sep 1 by ITFC_Forever

That’s one of my favourites....

And we don’t sing “by far” (even if every other team does), we sing “we’re the finest football team, the world has ever seen”. Scans perfectly.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 18:54]

Are we though?

Potentially Brazil 1970 or AC Milan in the 90's with Maldini, Berasi, Gullit, Rikjaard & Van Basten can sing it.

I join in every time, in fairness.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 10:01 - Sep 2 with 2333 viewsITFC_Forever

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 09:09 - Sep 2 by artsbossbeard

Are we though?

Potentially Brazil 1970 or AC Milan in the 90's with Maldini, Berasi, Gullit, Rikjaard & Van Basten can sing it.

I join in every time, in fairness.

Norwood > Van Basten.

Everyone knows that.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 11:40 - Sep 2 with 2294 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Danny !
Danny Rowe
Danny
Danny Rowe

Is a new one! 🤩

Maybe it could be changed to The Ryan Giggs song for him! ?
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 11:42 - Sep 2 with 2288 viewsTractorCam

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 23:00 - Sep 1 by Blue_Order

Archie’s Ultras

We sing Never Lost At Home every game in the section, but sadly it doesn’t seem to catch on very well.

Most people outwith S6 probably don’t hear them all, but there’s a decent amount of songs being sung every week now. Certainly the most I’ve ever known since I’ve been attending games.

Agree, plenty of songs going around. Unfortunately with a lot being new nobody really knows them other than you lot, i'm sure overtime it will transfer nicely round the place. It took me about 2 months to know the full Allez song.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 11:54 - Sep 2 with 2278 viewsSikamikanico

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 23:00 - Sep 1 by Blue_Order

Archie’s Ultras

I can't really understand why S6 persists with the slow tempo songs. Kills the crowd and has other sections start faster songs.
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 11:56 - Sep 2 with 2272 viewsReuser_is_God

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 11:54 - Sep 2 by Sikamikanico

I can't really understand why S6 persists with the slow tempo songs. Kills the crowd and has other sections start faster songs.

Incorrect, singing songs quickly kills the atmosphere.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 12:32 - Sep 2 with 2245 viewsSikamikanico

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 11:56 - Sep 2 by Reuser_is_God

Incorrect, singing songs quickly kills the atmosphere.

Have to disagree there. Every slow paced song at the last couple of games has pretty much killed the atmosphere in lower S6.

Worst culprit is the slow "Oh When The Town Go Marching In".

I should have elaborated on faster - I don't mean singing quickly - just a faster tempo chant than some of the the painfully slow ones we now get.
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 12:46 - Sep 2 with 2226 viewsSuperblue95

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 11:42 - Sep 2 by TractorCam

Agree, plenty of songs going around. Unfortunately with a lot being new nobody really knows them other than you lot, i'm sure overtime it will transfer nicely round the place. It took me about 2 months to know the full Allez song.

I’ve hardly been to any games since Blue Action started but I’m already sick of that Allez chant.

Seems to be sung 5 times more than any other chant and frankly I think it’s crap (not that I’m knocking Blue Action, who have been fantastic)

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 13:07 - Sep 2 with 2213 viewsTractorCam

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 12:46 - Sep 2 by Superblue95

I’ve hardly been to any games since Blue Action started but I’m already sick of that Allez chant.

Seems to be sung 5 times more than any other chant and frankly I think it’s crap (not that I’m knocking Blue Action, who have been fantastic)

I agree, it's just a weird one as that is the one that gets everyone else singing as well...

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 13:48 - Sep 2 with 2170 viewsBlue_Order

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 12:46 - Sep 2 by Superblue95

Not by us anymore. We try and make sure it’s only sung once a game now. Twice maximum.

It’s a tough one though, cause it gets the whole stand singing, whereas most other songs we sing don’t make it out the section.
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 03:52 - Sep 3 with 2036 viewsharlingblue

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 18:33 - Sep 1 by ITFC_Forever

That’s one of my favourites....

And we don’t sing “by far” (even if every other team does), we sing “we’re the finest football team, the world has ever seen”. Scans perfectly.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2019 18:54]

We're On Our Way, the finest crowd Division 1 has ever seen. And if the team continues to make Fortress Ipswich Town a hot bed, add 'team' instead of crowd. As for the Norwich chant, I would forget that until we overhaul them. You are sh.t etc is disrespectful to the travelling faithful of the teams that have not had the fortune of our history. Just a thought.
We’re On Our Way etc..... on 13:26 - Sep 3 with 1940 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Have to admit I read the title to this thread and was singing...

We are Ron's 22.
Hear the Roar
Of the Red White and Blue
"We’re on our way, we are.... on 14:04 - Sep 3 with 1921 viewsBloots

....Ron's 22.

Hear the roar, of the red, white and blue."

"This time, more than any other time......"

Tuuuuuune!!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 16:48 - Sep 3 with 1882 viewsHarryWright

We’re On Our Way etc..... on 13:48 - Sep 2 by Blue_Order

Not by us anymore. We try and make sure it’s only sung once a game now. Twice maximum.

It’s a tough one though, cause it gets the whole stand singing, whereas most other songs we sing don’t make it out the section.

That's the trouble, sometimes it's better to use it to generate the initial noise and then move onto another song after in the hope that people continue to join in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024