Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there's an election on Oct 14th 20:01 - Sep 2 with 8320 viewsgiant_stow

And labour loses / tories get a majority, what happens to corbyn's project?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:02 - Sep 2 with 3961 viewsBlueBadger

The Cult of the Dear Leader blame the mainstream media and he just carries on.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:03 - Sep 2 with 3958 viewswkj

It then becomes a 5 point plan. In all seriousness though, If corbyn survives another failed election then Labour with find their reputation in as big a mess as the conservatives are atm

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:05 - Sep 2 with 3953 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If the Tories get a majority, Boris will then have a legitimate right to push through his no deal Brexit and the party will have to get behind him. It would have to be the end of Corbyn too.

However, I can't see how the remain Tories could stand for the Tories under Boris so I can't see them gaining a majority.

If Labour "lose" it will depend on what sort of a coalition/minority government is formed and what results.

There isn't going to be an election on Oct 14th anyway.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:06 - Sep 2 with 3943 viewsgiant_stow

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:02 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

The Cult of the Dear Leader blame the mainstream media and he just carries on.

Shudder.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:08 - Sep 2 with 3930 viewsgiant_stow

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:05 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

If the Tories get a majority, Boris will then have a legitimate right to push through his no deal Brexit and the party will have to get behind him. It would have to be the end of Corbyn too.

However, I can't see how the remain Tories could stand for the Tories under Boris so I can't see them gaining a majority.

If Labour "lose" it will depend on what sort of a coalition/minority government is formed and what results.

Fair dos, but have you seen how coocky the brexit crew are about their prospects? Could be baloney of course.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:09 - Sep 2 with 3919 viewsgiant_stow

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:03 - Sep 2 by wkj

It then becomes a 5 point plan. In all seriousness though, If corbyn survives another failed election then Labour with find their reputation in as big a mess as the conservatives are atm

I dont get how he could survive allowing an election which would then, in that sebario see 5 years of extreme right wing rule. But then again, would his cult vote him out if he tried to stay?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:12 - Sep 2 with 3904 viewswkj

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:09 - Sep 2 by giant_stow

I dont get how he could survive allowing an election which would then, in that sebario see 5 years of extreme right wing rule. But then again, would his cult vote him out if he tried to stay?

Hopefully, Corbyn is NOT the answer to a hard right wing government at all, not that he was the answer to a moderate right government either.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:16 - Sep 2 with 3887 viewsHerbivore

I hope Labour vote down any attempt to call a snap GE. Brexit needs to be resolved one way or another first and if proposing a third GE in just over 4 years is considered acceptable then there's no reason a second referendum shouldn't be acceptable. Of course, Labour will fall into Boris' trap and conspire to hand him a majority in our FPTP system that will enable a no deal Brexit without there being a majority in the country for one.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:17 - Sep 2 with 3887 viewsBrixtonBlue

As much as I have been one of the loudest supporters of Corbyn on here, that should be the end of him. If he can't beat the sh!t show that is the Tories now, he never will. And it will have been down to a brilliant hatchet job by the right wing press and Tory Central Office. It's disgusting, gutter politics, with little interest in what's best for the country, and will see the Tories rule for a long time unless another way can be found to stop them.

I'm clinging onto hope that the British public are better than that. If this country re-elects the Tories after what we've been (and are about to go) through, then we deserve all we get.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:21 - Sep 2 with 3864 viewswkj

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:17 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

As much as I have been one of the loudest supporters of Corbyn on here, that should be the end of him. If he can't beat the sh!t show that is the Tories now, he never will. And it will have been down to a brilliant hatchet job by the right wing press and Tory Central Office. It's disgusting, gutter politics, with little interest in what's best for the country, and will see the Tories rule for a long time unless another way can be found to stop them.

I'm clinging onto hope that the British public are better than that. If this country re-elects the Tories after what we've been (and are about to go) through, then we deserve all we get.

While I am confident the Cons would lose seats in a GE, I am as sure that labour would not absorb the seats. It could in turn lead to a potentially strange and interesting coalition forming, I think it would be brilliant if a coalition had to be formed with the SNP.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:23 - Sep 2 with 3844 viewsMullet

The Night of the Long sighs in Shoreditch and other suburban clusters, and a few more Labour members feel the clammy hand of Corbynistas shoving them out of the party I suspect.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:25 - Sep 2 with 3825 viewsJ2BLUE

I won't vote for Tories, liberals, Brexit, UKIP, Greens or Change UK.

I could possibly be persuaded to reluctantly vote Labour IF it looked like a realistic option to stop Brexit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:26 - Sep 2 with 3813 viewsgiant_stow

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:16 - Sep 2 by Herbivore

I hope Labour vote down any attempt to call a snap GE. Brexit needs to be resolved one way or another first and if proposing a third GE in just over 4 years is considered acceptable then there's no reason a second referendum shouldn't be acceptable. Of course, Labour will fall into Boris' trap and conspire to hand him a majority in our FPTP system that will enable a no deal Brexit without there being a majority in the country for one.

Makes sense, but what happens if mps block hard brexit but theres no election? More stand off presumably but what breaks it?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:38 - Sep 2 with 3759 viewsBlueBadger

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:06 - Sep 2 by giant_stow

Shudder.

See?

If there's an election on Oct 14th by BrixtonBlue 2 Sep 2019 20:17

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:48 - Sep 2 with 3697 viewsHerbivore

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:26 - Sep 2 by giant_stow

Makes sense, but what happens if mps block hard brexit but theres no election? More stand off presumably but what breaks it?

Boris either goes back on his word and goes to Brussels to agree an extension which potentially enables further negotiation or pushing for a second referendum. Or he stks to his word and refuses to enact the legislation and he ends up in the clink for misconduct in a public office.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:51 - Sep 2 with 3680 viewsDarth_Koont

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:21 - Sep 2 by wkj

While I am confident the Cons would lose seats in a GE, I am as sure that labour would not absorb the seats. It could in turn lead to a potentially strange and interesting coalition forming, I think it would be brilliant if a coalition had to be formed with the SNP.

SNP would be good for this country in coalition. And I don't think Corbyn would be as shocking and monstrous as people have been steered into believing.

The policies are left-wing but common sense and entirely genuine when you take a look around Europe ... rather than have your world view shaped by the US right and its offspring over here.

About time that we had politicians who are fighting for people's rights and a better society.

Pronouns: He/Him

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:54 - Sep 2 with 3661 viewsLeoMuff

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:05 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

If there was a gen election, could Labour, Lib Dem, greens etc all form a pro referendum anti no deal temporary party with a leader polled from the mps ? Then we would know exactly what the will of the people really is..

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:58 - Sep 2 with 3644 viewsDarth_Koont

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:38 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

See?

If there's an election on Oct 14th by BrixtonBlue 2 Sep 2019 20:17

Yeah, let's have more footling centrists chasing votes and not actually having the political will to stand up for the poor and disadvantaged in society.

The current political, social and economic shambles show they've done a blinding job over the past couple of decades ...

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:08 - Sep 2 with 3583 viewsGuthrum

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:51 - Sep 2 by Darth_Koont

SNP would be good for this country in coalition. And I don't think Corbyn would be as shocking and monstrous as people have been steered into believing.

The policies are left-wing but common sense and entirely genuine when you take a look around Europe ... rather than have your world view shaped by the US right and its offspring over here.

About time that we had politicians who are fighting for people's rights and a better society.

Unlikely to be a full-on coalition (would cost the SNP too heavily at home). More likely a loose alliance or Confidence & Supply arrangement.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:09 - Sep 2 with 3579 viewsjaykay

that's what you have to get use to. if there's a crap tory government*. then the press and their agents do a smear job on the opposition learders. e.g. footers ,kinnock etc.
you know things like labours money tree , which jonhson has miraculously found.

*there are all crap

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:17 - Sep 2 with 3547 viewsDarth_Koont

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:08 - Sep 2 by Guthrum

Unlikely to be a full-on coalition (would cost the SNP too heavily at home). More likely a loose alliance or Confidence & Supply arrangement.

You're probably right.

Although I think Labour under Corbyn is closer to what the people of Scotland want from a government, compared to New Labour that was rightly bombed out. Depends a lot on how and when a possible Independence referendum would be included in any arrangement.

But supporting a Labour government could help push through an awful lot of the changes the Scottish government is trying to make. If regenerating the regions, redistributing wealth and diversifying the economy are on the agenda then they'd be foolish to turn that down. It may weaken the case for Independence but it would certainly strengthen the economic and social foundation for it further down the road.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:19 - Sep 2 with 3547 viewsfactual_blue

We should hand the country over to Denmark.

They're better at stuff than we are.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:22 - Sep 2 with 3527 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:26 - Sep 2 by giant_stow

It would just continue to drag on.

However, the EU won't allow it to.

That means the only way to get past the impasse democratically is by some confirmatory referendum. Did we actually vote for no deal? Or for May's deal? And if we didn't then we must remain.

The longer it takes for that referendum the more likely it is that remain will be the outcome because the older voters are dying more quickly than the younger ones and being replaced with those coming of age to vote. There is a generally recognised correlation that older voters are more for leave and younger ones more for remain. It is kind of like those with a future to worry about are more concerned about it!

If we have a confirmatory referendum where leave with no deal wins out then we cannot argue about it any longer. It is obvious what the ardent pro-leave brigade are afraid of.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:28 - Sep 2 with 3487 viewsTractorWood

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:19 - Sep 2 by factual_blue

We should hand the country over to Denmark.

They're better at stuff than we are.

We are just in this ridiculous banter era.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:34 - Sep 2 with 3459 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:28 - Sep 2 by TractorWood

We are just in this ridiculous banter era.

To be fair, Trump asked to buy Greenland off them and they said no.

We just had a referendum and agree to hand the whole country over for free instead.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024