Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there's an election on Oct 14th 20:01 - Sep 2 with 8358 viewsgiant_stow

And labour loses / tories get a majority, what happens to corbyn's project?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:35 - Sep 2 with 2194 viewsEastTownBlue

We are lumbered with a maximum of five years of Tory rule and Owen Jones will spend that time making up for excuses for the dear leader.
If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:37 - Sep 2 with 2189 viewsGuthrum

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:17 - Sep 2 by Darth_Koont

You're probably right.

Although I think Labour under Corbyn is closer to what the people of Scotland want from a government, compared to New Labour that was rightly bombed out. Depends a lot on how and when a possible Independence referendum would be included in any arrangement.

But supporting a Labour government could help push through an awful lot of the changes the Scottish government is trying to make. If regenerating the regions, redistributing wealth and diversifying the economy are on the agenda then they'd be foolish to turn that down. It may weaken the case for Independence but it would certainly strengthen the economic and social foundation for it further down the road.

It's not that Corbyn's Labour and the SNP are in any way a bad match, just that they are Labour. A large part of the SNP's success in 2015 was that they are not that party. By getting too close, they risk losing the differentiation and thus a chunk of their raison d'etre.

Plus Labour are desperately keen to re-establish themselves north of the border and that can only be at the expense of one party. The SNP are going to want to count their fingers after shaking hands with Labour.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:49 - Sep 2 with 2170 viewsTractorWood

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:34 - Sep 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

To be fair, Trump asked to buy Greenland off them and they said no.

We just had a referendum and agree to hand the whole country over for free instead.

To me that was peak 2019. Trump got offended and cancelled a state trip because Denmark didn't fancy selling Greenland. He called their response to his total assumption disrespectful. Banter.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:51 - Sep 2 with 2161 viewspointofblue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:17 - Sep 2 by Darth_Koont

You're probably right.

Although I think Labour under Corbyn is closer to what the people of Scotland want from a government, compared to New Labour that was rightly bombed out. Depends a lot on how and when a possible Independence referendum would be included in any arrangement.

But supporting a Labour government could help push through an awful lot of the changes the Scottish government is trying to make. If regenerating the regions, redistributing wealth and diversifying the economy are on the agenda then they'd be foolish to turn that down. It may weaken the case for Independence but it would certainly strengthen the economic and social foundation for it further down the road.

I'd think any deal, whether a full coalition or a Confidence and Supply, with the SNP would involve an Independence Referendum at some point within the Government. As an aside, it was SNP votes which brought down the Callaghan Government.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:56 - Sep 2 with 2154 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....they will have realised that if enough muck is slung then some will stick.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:57 - Sep 2 with 2151 viewsFtnfwest

Momentum’s ‘McDonnell Project’ advances a step closer.
If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:57 - Sep 2 with 2149 viewsBrixtonBlue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:38 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

See?

If there's an election on Oct 14th by BrixtonBlue 2 Sep 2019 20:17
As much as I have been one of the loudest supporters of Corbyn on here, that should be the end of him. If he can't beat the sh!t show that is the Tories now, he never will. And it will have been down to a brilliant hatchet job by the right wing press and Tory Central Office. It's disgusting, gutter politics, with little interest in what's best for the country, and will see the Tories rule for a long time unless another way can be found to stop them.

I'm clinging onto hope that the British public are better than that. If this country re-elects the Tories after what we've been (and are about to go) through, then we deserve all we get.

Why is it supporting one party is fine but supporting another is a cult?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:08 - Sep 2 with 2133 viewsfactual_blue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:28 - Sep 2 by TractorWood

We are just in this ridiculous banter era.

I am deadly serious.

If a nasty sociopath like cummings can hold sway in the UK, then our country no longer works and needs looking after by sensible people like the Danes.

Sadly, they're probably too sensible to take us on.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:13 - Sep 2 with 2125 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:08 - Sep 2 by factual_blue

I am deadly serious.

If a nasty sociopath like cummings can hold sway in the UK, then our country no longer works and needs looking after by sensible people like the Danes.

Sadly, they're probably too sensible to take us on.

I'd prefer Norway!

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:24 - Sep 2 with 2114 viewsGlasgowBlue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 20:25 - Sep 2 by J2BLUE

I won't vote for Tories, liberals, Brexit, UKIP, Greens or Change UK.

I could possibly be persuaded to reluctantly vote Labour IF it looked like a realistic option to stop Brexit.

You would vote for a party that is currently under investigation by the EHRC for “unlawfully discriminating against people because of their ethnicity and religious beliefs” because there may be an outside chance they would stop something you voted for?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:27 - Sep 2 with 2106 viewsBlueBadger

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 21:57 - Sep 2 by BrixtonBlue

Why is it supporting one party is fine but supporting another is a cult?

When any criticism of its leader(s), however slight, results in automatic downvotes from the cultists.

/edit - See?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 7:00]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:31 - Sep 2 with 2094 viewsJ2BLUE

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:24 - Sep 2 by GlasgowBlue

You would vote for a party that is currently under investigation by the EHRC for “unlawfully discriminating against people because of their ethnicity and religious beliefs” because there may be an outside chance they would stop something you voted for?

I'm fairly confident I can speak for both of us when I say we never voted for the stupidest interpretation of Brexit possible regardless of the consequences.

I know, I know, hence my reluctance. I didn't say I would definitely vote for them. I could possibly be convinced. Possibly.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:00 - Sep 2 with 2069 viewsBrixtonBlue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 22:27 - Sep 2 by BlueBadger

When any criticism of its leader(s), however slight, results in automatic downvotes from the cultists.

/edit - See?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 7:00]

That's it?

So any praise of the Tories doesn't get down votes?

Your insistence of calling him "Dear Leader" is more prevalent.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:06 - Sep 2 with 2069 viewspointofblue

A couple of Labour MPs (Mary Creagh and Tony Lloyd) just said on Newsnight that the party would be looking to reject an election being held prior to October 31st.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:08 - Sep 2 with 2061 viewsGuthrum

I see some "yellow vest" nutters have attacked the Labour rally in Salford and got themselves arrested.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:10 - Sep 2 with 2056 viewsStokieBlue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:06 - Sep 2 by pointofblue

A couple of Labour MPs (Mary Creagh and Tony Lloyd) just said on Newsnight that the party would be looking to reject an election being held prior to October 31st.

Isn't that the direct opposite of what JC said this morning though?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:15 - Sep 2 with 2051 viewspointofblue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:10 - Sep 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Depends if the strategists have got hold of him and he's listened. It could be both MPs spoke without support of the leadership to try and convince him to force his hand from afar.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:16 - Sep 2 with 2048 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:10 - Sep 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Nope!

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:25 - Sep 2 with 2035 viewsStokieBlue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:16 - Sep 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Nope!

You sure?

So this morning he said he wouldn't block an immediate election which would ensure Brexit. Of course it's entirely possibly that the party position has changed since he said that, one would hope so anyway.

SB
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 23:26]

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:33 - Sep 2 with 2023 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:25 - Sep 2 by StokieBlue

You sure?

So this morning he said he wouldn't block an immediate election which would ensure Brexit. Of course it's entirely possibly that the party position has changed since he said that, one would hope so anyway.

SB
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 23:26]

Wouldn't stand up in court would it?
Not sure he can fully answer a question in the morning the reality/implications of which were not apparent until 6 this evening either....ball firmly in Boris court at the moment.

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:44 - Sep 2 with 2021 viewspointofblue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:33 - Sep 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not sure he can fully answer a question in the morning the reality/implications of which were not apparent until 6 this evening either....ball firmly in Boris court at the moment.

The reality/implications of an election being held two weeks before we're due to leave without a deal must surely have been apparent months ago, let alone this morning?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 07:29 - Sep 3 with 1960 viewsStokieBlue

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 23:33 - Sep 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

The BBC are reporting he said it again at an event last night so that point doesn't stand up.

Of course the leader of the opposition is going to seek to govern but things are just too important at this time to be so single minded.

Perhaps the policy will have been firmed up by this morning.

SB

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 08:05 - Sep 3 with 1941 viewsHerbivore

The way out of the impasse is not a third general election in just over 4 years. That solves nothing, there is a decent chance we end up with another hung parliament and in any case if the Tories won a parliamentary majority with, say, 35% of the vote - which is quite feasible under FPTP - running on a Brexit at all costs platform it would not give them a mandate to deliver Brexit at all costs from a majority of the electorate. The only way to get such a mandate is a second referendum. Brexit needs to be sorted one way or the other and the only legitimate way to do that is via a second referendum.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 08:07 - Sep 3 with 1937 viewspatrickswell

If they have any sense, they elect Emily Thornberry as leader.
If there's an election on Oct 14th on 08:17 - Sep 3 with 1933 viewsBlueBadger

If there's an election on Oct 14th on 08:05 - Sep 3 by Herbivore

The way out of the impasse is not a third general election in just over 4 years. That solves nothing, there is a decent chance we end up with another hung parliament and in any case if the Tories won a parliamentary majority with, say, 35% of the vote - which is quite feasible under FPTP - running on a Brexit at all costs platform it would not give them a mandate to deliver Brexit at all costs from a majority of the electorate. The only way to get such a mandate is a second referendum. Brexit needs to be sorted one way or the other and the only legitimate way to do that is via a second referendum.

A legally binding one. That way, Vote Leave can't risk the sort of illegalities they've essentially gotten away with over the last three years. A legally binding ref would be declared null and void should the sort of financial doping and vote-rigging that was carried out in 2016 happen again.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024