Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brexit Q. I know.. 07:53 - Sep 6 with 4308 viewsartsbossbeard

I was listening to Adolf Farage on the TV and he refers to "No Deal Brexit" as "Clean Break Brexit".

When was this god awful spin and marketing brought in?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 07:55 - Sep 6 with 2169 viewsfooters

Is that the same thing as a red, white and blue Brexit, or is it something different?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 07:58 - Sep 6 with 2146 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit Q. I know.. on 07:55 - Sep 6 by footers

Is that the same thing as a red, white and blue Brexit, or is it something different?

Different, I believe.

I think, although I'm happy to be corrected on this "Clean Brexit" is the same as "Big Red Bus Lies Brexit" and "Magic Beans Brexit".

As stated, happy to be corrected.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:00 - Sep 6 with 2135 viewsDarth_Koont

They must be struggling to keep the message fresh after 3+ years of this nonsense. They're now down to the bare bones on how they can keep spinning things.

"Clean break" is nonsensical and basically a lie too. It's a messy divorce because then we need to negotiate the deal we should have pre-arranged in the first place.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:00 - Sep 6 with 2133 viewsHerbivore

It's also a total misnomer. Leaving without a deal would create the messiest break possible. And it's noticeable that nobody even bothers to pull him up on it. Farage is given so much time and space to spout propaganda without being challenged, it's ridiculous.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 8:01]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:04 - Sep 6 with 2108 viewsBloomBlue

It's an insult to all Jewish people and the treatment they received in WWII to use Adolf with Farage, Farage is many things but he hasn't called for the mass extermination of Jewish people.

But as a Labour supporter it doesnt surprise me you have little respect for Jewish people.
Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:06 - Sep 6 with 2101 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:00 - Sep 6 by Herbivore

It's also a total misnomer. Leaving without a deal would create the messiest break possible. And it's noticeable that nobody even bothers to pull him up on it. Farage is given so much time and space to spout propaganda without being challenged, it's ridiculous.

Hence the Adolf reference of the OP.

He's given a platform to spout bile to an audience of like minded souls unchallenged. We're effectively goose stepping into becoming Little Britainers with a Tory/DUP/Wrexit alliance.

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:07 - Sep 6 with 2096 viewsBackToRussia

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:00 - Sep 6 by Herbivore

I see the editor of the Today programme was seen attending an event and sitting on the same table as Nigel Farage, Rupert Murdoch and Liam Fox. I'm sure that's healthily democratic.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:08 - Sep 6 with 2089 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:04 - Sep 6 by BloomBlue

It's an insult to all Jewish people and the treatment they received in WWII to use Adolf with Farage, Farage is many things but he hasn't called for the mass extermination of Jewish people.

But as a Labour supporter it doesnt surprise me you have little respect for Jewish people.

I'll stand by it.

Login to get fewer ads

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:12 - Sep 6 with 2065 viewsBloomBlue

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:08 - Sep 6 by artsbossbeard

I'll stand by it.

Not surprised.

That's why Jewish people in this Country are scared of what Labour supporters like you will really do if they get into power. You're views are closer to Adolf than Farage.
Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:12 - Sep 6 with 2064 viewsSteve_M

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:00 - Sep 6 by Darth_Koont

They must be struggling to keep the message fresh after 3+ years of this nonsense. They're now down to the bare bones on how they can keep spinning things.

"Clean break" is nonsensical and basically a lie too. It's a messy divorce because then we need to negotiate the deal we should have pre-arranged in the first place.

The second paragraph is what should be emphasised over and over again, it's not a clean break it's a decade or more of this sh1t and all the uncertainty and arguments that go with it.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:12 - Sep 6 with 2060 viewsartsbossbeard

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:12 - Sep 6 by BloomBlue

Not surprised.

That's why Jewish people in this Country are scared of what Labour supporters like you will really do if they get into power. You're views are closer to Adolf than Farage.

Ok mate.

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:14 - Sep 6 with 2042 viewsfooters

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:12 - Sep 6 by Steve_M

The second paragraph is what should be emphasised over and over again, it's not a clean break it's a decade or more of this sh1t and all the uncertainty and arguments that go with it.

No it isn't.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:25 - Sep 6 with 1994 viewsChurchman

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:06 - Sep 6 by artsbossbeard

He's given a platform to spout bile to an audience of like minded souls unchallenged. We're effectively goose stepping into becoming Little Britainers with a Tory/DUP/Wrexit alliance.

It’s called freedom of speech. It is something that should be protected at any cost. He is entitled to a platform, just as Corbyn, Johnson and and anyone else is.

I have always held the view that if you let idiots like Farage talk, they’ll hang themselves.

And the reference to Hitler is wrong. Farage is an annoying berk, not a monster.
Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:27 - Sep 6 with 1984 viewsHerbivore

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:25 - Sep 6 by Churchman

It’s called freedom of speech. It is something that should be protected at any cost. He is entitled to a platform, just as Corbyn, Johnson and and anyone else is.

I have always held the view that if you let idiots like Farage talk, they’ll hang themselves.

And the reference to Hitler is wrong. Farage is an annoying berk, not a monster.

But in a healthy, functioning country when orators are lying to the people they are called out on it. Farage is rarely, if ever, called out. That's the issue. And I'd argue that a man who has failed to win a seat in a GE several times doesn't deserve the same platform as the PM and leader of the opposition.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 8:32]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:29 - Sep 6 with 1967 viewsDarth_Koont

Not surprised.

Yes, the "antisemitism" of being against Israel's racist policies is worse than demonizing brown immigrants in the full knowledge that there is already a majority of Conservatives with anti-Muslim prejudices ... and that's supposedly to the left of Farage's audience!!!

Calling Farage Hitler is OTT. Hitler c. 1930 would be about right.

Pronouns: He/Him

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:31 - Sep 6 with 1951 viewsBlueBadger

Brexit Q. I know.. on 07:55 - Sep 6 by footers

Strictly speaking it's a Blue Passports and No Foreigners Brexit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 09:25 - Sep 6 with 1844 viewsfactual_blue

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:06 - Sep 6 by artsbossbeard

boris does this too. The 'never surrender' language of Churchill is one thing, but making a speech with police officers lined up behind him like the Sturmabteilung at a Nuremberg rally is another.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Brexit Q. I know.. on 09:39 - Sep 6 with 1807 viewseireblue

Not surprised.

Point of Order.

You have just compared a poster views to Adolf’s.

So you really need to give yourself a good public berating.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 9:40]
Brexit Q. I know.. on 09:55 - Sep 6 with 1759 viewsbrogansnose

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:27 - Sep 6 by Herbivore

But in a healthy, functioning country when orators are lying to the people they are called out on it. Farage is rarely, if ever, called out. That's the issue. And I'd argue that a man who has failed to win a seat in a GE several times doesn't deserve the same platform as the PM and leader of the opposition.
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 8:32]

Anything remotely threatening or quizzing their stance is met with cries of traitor, scaremongering..........................( see also Eton Mess Johnson ) but no none engages with him on his rubbish to effectively challenge his and his ilks deception. Quite frankly he has manipulated the situation so that he now doesn't have to do anything because he's got the right wing of the Tories morphed into the BP doing his disrupter agenda.
Brexit Q. I know.. on 10:27 - Sep 6 with 1690 viewsJ2BLUE

Brexit Q. I know.. on 09:39 - Sep 6 by eireblue

Point of Order.

Agreed. Completely out of order and a flat out lie.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 10:30 - Sep 6 with 1668 viewsm14_blue

It is laughable though, he campaigns for Brexit by telling everyone how easy it will to make a deal as 'they need us more than we need them' and 'German car industry' blah blah blah.

This has now proved to be demonstrably and utterly untrue, complete bobbins and yet he has no shame at all.

In fact, he goes further than that, and now tries to portray no deal as the only true Brexit and all who oppose it as defying the will of the people.

It's incredible that anyone is taken in by this and yet it seems there are literally millions who have been, and now this lie is actually shaping Government policy.

Actually, it's not laughable, it's terrifying.
Brexit Q. I know.. on 10:30 - Sep 6 with 1668 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not surprised.

"It's an insult to all Jewish people and the treatment they received in WWII to use Adolf with [ABB], [ABB] is many things but he hasn't called for the mass extermination of Jewish people.

But as a [****] it doesnt surprise me you have little respect for Jewish people."

Fixed that for you. ****I'm not sure what you are, so posters can add their own adjective here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Brexit Q. I know.. on 10:32 - Sep 6 with 1656 viewswkj

Looks like somebody doesn't like it up em, who did you upset ABB?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Brexit Q. I know.. on 10:33 - Sep 6 with 1652 viewsm14_blue

Brexit Q. I know.. on 08:04 - Sep 6 by BloomBlue

It really isn't an insult to Jewish people to call a far right politician Adolf, even if it is hyperbole.

I'd imagine it's far more insulting to them for people to weaponise their suffering and pain in order to score points against someone on a football message board that you perceive to be a Labour supporter.
Brexit Q. I know.. on 10:36 - Sep 6 with 1638 viewsBloomBlue

Brexit Q. I know.. on 09:39 - Sep 6 by eireblue

Point of Order.

If you care to read from the start of the original post it was the OP who was comparing Farage to Adolf which is completely out of order and an insult to what Jewish people suffered in WWII.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024