Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kenlock simply isn't good enough 16:15 - Sep 14 with 5051 viewsnoggin

from what I've seen.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 19:54 - Sep 14 with 1759 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 19:57 - Sep 14 with 1755 viewswkj

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 19:54 - Sep 14 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

I said that the other day, when teams catch on that they need to target our left flank we're going to have some touch and go games.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 20:08 - Sep 14 with 1730 viewsstrikalite

Poor against Peterborough and worse today, did well with the shoulder to shoulder near the end today when the Donny lad was through on goal, but unfortunately he's not good enough, said it for a while now....hopefully Lambert could finally see it today.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 21:47 - Sep 14 with 1697 views3_5_2

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 18:21 - Sep 14 by Herbivore

We could just replace Kenlock with Georgiou or Garbutt.

both have played there for other clubs

personally I would like to see both in, Garbutt LB with Greek Tony LW

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 08:28 - Sep 15 with 1622 viewstractorboy1978

When Nsiala is back I think we could see 3 CBs and Garbutt at LWB.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 08:38 - Sep 15 with 1611 viewsMrTown

Feel sorry for him when Judge is in front of him, lacks any options with distribution, and is often left exposed 2v1 etc because Judge doesn't provide enough cover.

Thought he was better when Georgiou came on actually.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 08:58 - Sep 15 with 1581 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 08:38 - Sep 15 by MrTown

Feel sorry for him when Judge is in front of him, lacks any options with distribution, and is often left exposed 2v1 etc because Judge doesn't provide enough cover.

Thought he was better when Georgiou came on actually.

He looks crap whoever is in front of him. He's just not good enough, sadly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:19 - Sep 15 with 1557 viewsMrTown

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 08:58 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

In your opinion of course.

Just signed a new long term contract.

Did extremely well to stop their counter attack at the death yesterday, imo he's doing fine at this level.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:23 - Sep 15 with 1556 viewsDubtractor

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:19 - Sep 15 by MrTown

Did extremely well to stop their counter attack at the death yesterday, imo he's doing fine at this level.

In my opinion as well.

He is just not good enough, really poor on the ball, suspect defensively (though capable of doing some good things), and it is noticeable that teams target our left side as they did repeatedly in the first half yesterday.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:27 - Sep 15 with 1550 viewsHerbivore

I honestly don't know what you're seeing or not seeing.

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:38 - Sep 15 with 1542 viewstractorboy1978

KVY looks top notch so possibly unfair to compare but there really is night and day between the two. Kenlock stands out as our weak link very clearly.
Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:42 - Sep 15 with 1534 viewsStokieBlue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:27 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

I honestly don't know what you're seeing or not seeing.

It's because he's an academy product. If he had been purchased or taken on a free then I honestly believe he being singing a different tune.

Unfortunately the blue-tint is huge with regards to our academy products. I understand why but it's just not helpful.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:49 - Sep 15 with 1529 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:42 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

It's because he's an academy product. If he had been purchased or taken on a free then I honestly believe he being singing a different tune.

Unfortunately the blue-tint is huge with regards to our academy products. I understand why but it's just not helpful.

SB

Yes, agreed. To be fair I'm all for giving our youngsters some slack but Kenlock is nearly 23 and has played plenty of football. At what point do we just acknowledge that he's not good enough?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:52 - Sep 15 with 1529 viewsDyland

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 08:58 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

You're not wrong but... he looked a whole lot better against AFC when Tony George came on. Doncaster are considerably better than AFC though.

It's also doubly crap when Judge is in front of Kenlock cos the latter can't resist playing all over. It really exposes us on the left flank.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:57 - Sep 15 with 1520 viewsHerbivore

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:52 - Sep 15 by Dyland

You're not wrong but... he looked a whole lot better against AFC when Tony George came on. Doncaster are considerably better than AFC though.

It's also doubly crap when Judge is in front of Kenlock cos the latter can't resist playing all over. It really exposes us on the left flank.

Agreed and I have some sympathy with him in that respect. The lack of cover, though, doesn't explain how sloppy he is in possession and how many basic errors he makes. I'd like a left side of Georgiou and Garbutt. Whilst both prefer to go forward they both also have the discipline to cover for each other.

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 11:29 - Sep 15 with 1478 viewsjaykay

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:52 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

Can't argue with the points about his quality but can I just say he puts maximum effort in. Ran his nuts off today. Agree, it's not enough, but if he's picked all we can ask is for that level of commitment every week.

i dont knock players on here as every player is 10 times better than i ever was but if you think he ran his nuts off , i think you might be in the next spec savers advert.
he mostly ball watch and get sucked into the middle ,no positional sense at all.
when he runs back after losing the ball up field he reminds me of the fat kid at school in a running race, chest forward both hands flapping down by his side. one pace except at 5 yds from the finishing line where he goes a bit faster but everyone has finished minutes ago.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Yep, agree with all that (n/t) on 11:42 - Sep 15 with 1472 viewsDyland

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:57 - Sep 15 by Herbivore

Agreed and I have some sympathy with him in that respect. The lack of cover, though, doesn't explain how sloppy he is in possession and how many basic errors he makes. I'd like a left side of Georgiou and Garbutt. Whilst both prefer to go forward they both also have the discipline to cover for each other.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 12:20 - Sep 15 with 1449 viewsMetal_Hacker

Watched it on iFollow and thought he was the stand out player.

Stand out in a bad way !!

Seriously I’m not sure how he’s got this far in his career.

Was think he’d push on a bit this season taking a drop in levels but I was wrong

Overall yesterday though there was no stand out player (s). Skuse at this level though just breezes through the game making it look simple.

The hoof ball was tedious to say the least and you could see Norwood getting more and more frustrated ....as I was sat in Meadowhall watching on my phone and the other half was shopping

We need at least 4 from 6 points this week to get back on track albeit I don’t think we’ve yet been on track

We’ve got a lot of improvements to make if we’re serious about going straight back up

Poll: If it were one or the other

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 1425 viewsBrixtonBlue

Agree with most of the rest of the thread, sadly. I've never really rated him. Did anyone see Norwood's plus/minus bit in the programme? He said a plus was when Kenny passes to a team mate in training.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 15:46 - Sep 15 with 1374 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 09:42 - Sep 15 by StokieBlue

SB

I think sometimes with the academy products it is about giving them a proper chance. SOme are too quick to write some of them off. I would suggest Bishop and now Dozzell as examples.

Kenlock is way beyond the same age/stage of his career as those two, though, and simply does not look up to it. I would be delighted to be proven wrong but I think we need to look to Garbutt/Goergiou and hopefully Nydam instead.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 15:48 - Sep 15 with 1371 viewswkj

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 15:46 - Sep 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think sometimes with the academy products it is about giving them a proper chance. SOme are too quick to write some of them off. I would suggest Bishop and now Dozzell as examples.

Kenlock is way beyond the same age/stage of his career as those two, though, and simply does not look up to it. I would be delighted to be proven wrong but I think we need to look to Garbutt/Goergiou and hopefully Nydam instead.

Put it like this, I think Kenlock is no better than Emmanuel, but the fact he is position with no real depth keeps him here.

Crybaby

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 16:24 - Sep 15 with 1349 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 15:48 - Sep 15 by wkj

Put it like this, I think Kenlock is no better than Emmanuel, but the fact he is position with no real depth keeps him here.

Does RB have more depth than LB though?

I think it is just we have Garbutt and Nydam out. Of course, that assumes those two are seen as LBs. If KVY and Donacien were both missing, would Emmanuel not have been next choice were he still here?

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 16:25 - Sep 15 with 1345 viewswkj

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 16:24 - Sep 15 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does RB have more depth than LB though?

I think it is just we have Garbutt and Nydam out. Of course, that assumes those two are seen as LBs. If KVY and Donacien were both missing, would Emmanuel not have been next choice were he still here?

I'm getting the impression that Garbutt isn't being considered for LB, but we shall see

Crybaby

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 16:32 - Sep 15 with 1340 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 16:25 - Sep 15 by wkj

I'm getting the impression that Garbutt isn't being considered for LB, but we shall see

He certainly came in as LM/LW and Lambert did say he knew where he was going to play him. However, I would rather Goergiou or Edwards ahead of Garbutt than persisting with Kenlock. Would love to be proven wrong and Kenlock come good but don't think it will happen.

Kenlock simply isn't good enough on 17:12 - Sep 15 with 1314 viewsBackToRussia

Not seen us play much this season but Judge is not a natural left sided player, nor is he mobile. Is he not leaving Kenlock exposed?

ed: just seen above posts, oops
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 17:13]

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024