Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans 17:52 - Sep 21 with 7128 viewsBentleyitfc

Very quiet today couldn't hear them on the radio
Fans on 11:48 - Sep 22 with 1523 viewsBentleyitfc

Why have a go when all I said was the fans were quiet today, unlike most away games and fyi I'm a season ticket holder but i don't do away games guess that makes me a poor supporter
Fans on 11:49 - Sep 22 with 1519 viewswkj

Fans on 11:48 - Sep 22 by Bentleyitfc

Why have a go when all I said was the fans were quiet today, unlike most away games and fyi I'm a season ticket holder but i don't do away games guess that makes me a poor supporter

season ticket holder for what team... Your consistant negativity doesn't suggest your support is of the blue variety
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 11:50]

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Fans on 13:37 - Sep 22 with 1431 viewsOxford_Blue

Fans on 09:37 - Sep 22 by onlymehere

Portsmouth doesn’t have an open top stand.
Just saying.

I mean in days gone by it has and I remember even when we were chasing promotion and we played them a couple of times n successive seasons down there our support was quiet
Fans on 13:38 - Sep 22 with 1433 viewsOxford_Blue

Fans on 10:47 - Sep 22 by Slambo

Watch some clips from San Lorenzo in Argentina. Entire stadium is open and you could probably hear the crowd from England when they get going. It's about attitude. If you want to get involved and make a din, you can. It's easy to blame the day trippers who are just turning up because we're winning again, but we were singing non-stop (easy chants that people know) and even the 'lads' around us would only join in half heartedly for a round, then stop. We acquired a reputation after last season's efforts for having a raucous support base. Be a real shame if we started to lose it...

The stadium design there is different - a bowl that capture noise. The acoustics were poor yesterday.
Fans on 19:22 - Sep 22 with 1381 viewsEastTownBlue

Fans on 10:47 - Sep 22 by Slambo

Watch some clips from San Lorenzo in Argentina. Entire stadium is open and you could probably hear the crowd from England when they get going. It's about attitude. If you want to get involved and make a din, you can. It's easy to blame the day trippers who are just turning up because we're winning again, but we were singing non-stop (easy chants that people know) and even the 'lads' around us would only join in half heartedly for a round, then stop. We acquired a reputation after last season's efforts for having a raucous support base. Be a real shame if we started to lose it...

Are you really comparing a 47,000 stadium against a 2,000 temporary stand and complaining about the atmosphere ?
Fans on 19:54 - Sep 22 with 1369 viewsReuser_is_God

Fans on 21:22 - Sep 21 by Slambo

He's absolutely right and it had nothing to do with the fact it was an open stand. Atmosphere was dead. We were constantly trying to get songs going and no-one was joining in. Just row upon row of people standing there with their arms crossed staring at the pitch. Not good enough, frankly. I guess it's because we're doing well now and folk are just turning up to watch us win...

Yep, barely anyone joining in with songs yesterday.

If we hadn’t won it may well have pipped Rotherham 2015 as the worst away day I’ve ever been too.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 19:55]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Fans on 20:42 - Sep 22 with 1339 viewsjaykay

Fans on 19:27 - Sep 21 by Fixed_It

Ever been to a game with open seating? No...thought not

try the clock end for no stand roof. it made no difference to the noise level to us on a certain day. i think the whole of north london heard and knew the ipswich were in town

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Fans on 20:45 - Sep 22 with 1337 viewsPJH

Fans on 20:42 - Sep 22 by jaykay

try the clock end for no stand roof. it made no difference to the noise level to us on a certain day. i think the whole of north london heard and knew the ipswich were in town

That day would not have been Saturday 8th April 1978 would it?
Login to get fewer ads

Fans on 21:16 - Sep 22 with 1321 viewsjaykay

Fans on 20:45 - Sep 22 by PJH

That day would not have been Saturday 8th April 1978 would it?

it would be

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Fans on 22:33 - Sep 22 with 1294 viewsitfctim

Fans on 10:11 - Sep 22 by textbackup

very very flat atmosphere, the pub pre game was dead, the ground dead, walking away from ground got a few songs.
proper weird away end it must be said. the open roof didn't/doesn't help matters, but still it was just about as poor as ive ever experienced following town

Can they close the roof then?
Fans on 08:40 - Sep 23 with 1250 viewsSlambo

Fans on 19:22 - Sep 22 by EastTownBlue

Are you really comparing a 47,000 stadium against a 2,000 temporary stand and complaining about the atmosphere ?

Nope, the point i'm clearly making is that not having a roof shouldn't have any affect on generating crowd noise. Anybody saying it does is making excuses. Of course I wouldn't expect 2,000 Ipswich fans to make the same noise as 47,000 San Lorenzo fans, but I do expect them to make more noise than 2,000 relative supporters. Certainly more than what was heard on Saturday...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Fans on 08:44 - Sep 23 with 1246 viewsSlambo

Fans on 10:53 - Sep 22 by JakeITFC

Couldn’t hear that at all from the left hand side of the stand, chants didn’t carry well at all.

True, but I was talking more about those directly around us. If they'd joined in, then the folk around THEM joined in, and so, we could have got something going. As it stood, every chant was just getting suffocated at birth...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Fans on 09:08 - Sep 23 with 1237 viewsReuser_is_God

Fans on 08:44 - Sep 23 by Slambo

True, but I was talking more about those directly around us. If they'd joined in, then the folk around THEM joined in, and so, we could have got something going. As it stood, every chant was just getting suffocated at birth...

The trouble is that too many people want to be the big man & start a different song rather than joining in with a song that is currently being sung.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 9:12]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Fans on 09:08 - Sep 23 with 1233 viewsEwan_Oozami

Fans on 20:42 - Sep 22 by jaykay

Clock End had concrete floor - relects the sound outwards, open stands let the sound pass through downwards so less gets projected towards the pitch

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Fans on 09:12 - Sep 23 with 1229 viewsPositivelyPortman

Fans on 18:38 - Sep 21 by MrTown

“On the radio”.

Classic armchair, calling fans poor whilst not even turning up.

Wake up.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Fans on 09:13 - Sep 23 with 1232 viewsmrbungle150

I was at the game but as I was too late to be able to get tickets in the away end (Long story, involving Hurricane Dorian and a rubbish airline), we had to sit amongst the home supporters. We sat just the other side of the dugout in the Medway stand and I took my Charlton Season ticket holder friend. I was going on to him about how atmospheric we are as away supporters and he was surprised with how quiet we actually were.

We are not always going to be loud and proud and we were quiet on Saturday. When we scored there were some singing and the Gills fans replied with " you only sing when youre winning". Unfortunately, this was very true on Saturday. It could have been any number of reasons, but the fact was, we were quiet on Saturday compared to other games this season.

As a side note, it was not fun sitting with the home fans trying to remain anonymous. Wont be dont it again in a hurry, if I can help it.
Fans on 10:38 - Sep 23 with 1215 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Fans on 08:40 - Sep 23 by Slambo

Nope, the point i'm clearly making is that not having a roof shouldn't have any affect on generating crowd noise. Anybody saying it does is making excuses. Of course I wouldn't expect 2,000 Ipswich fans to make the same noise as 47,000 San Lorenzo fans, but I do expect them to make more noise than 2,000 relative supporters. Certainly more than what was heard on Saturday...

I don't think our away fans are really that 'loud'

We travel in very good numbers. However, I don't think we have had an away following that is known for being loud for a very long time. Brentford last season is probably the best it has been for a while, but apart from that, I don't think we make that much noise away from home.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Fans on 10:56 - Sep 23 with 1203 viewsPJH

Fans on 09:08 - Sep 23 by Ewan_Oozami

Clock End had concrete floor - relects the sound outwards, open stands let the sound pass through downwards so less gets projected towards the pitch

Just looked at Wiki, the roof seems to have been added to the Clock End in 1988 so in 1978 there was no roof, as those of us that were there should remember.
Fans on 11:20 - Sep 23 with 1192 viewsWallingford_Boy

Fans on 09:08 - Sep 22 by Oxford_Blue

The open terracing never helps.

Same at Portsmouth and Swindon.

Noise doesn’t travel within the stand and you can’t get the echo.

Also quite a warm day - creates a languid feeling perhaps.

The support has been excellent this season.

Was very quiet at MK on Tuesday too.

Other than the left side/right side song, not much at all during the 90 mins.

RIP Sir Bobby

Fans on 13:55 - Sep 23 with 1164 viewsBryanPlug

Fans on 21:42 - Sep 21 by N2_Blue

‘are fans’? What does that mean?

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024