Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yelling The C-Bomb 15:12 - Sep 22 with 25194 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

The was a gentleman - and I use this term loosely - within our fans who frequently yelled out the C-Bomb at the top of his voice yesterday at any given opportunity.

I am not a prude by stretch of the imagination, but is this really necessary? There were many children at the game and of all the swear words that one could use, this is absolutely the worst...

Am I being too much of a Dad or do I have a point?
Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:36 - Sep 22 with 2125 viewstextbackup

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:35 - Sep 22 by factual_blue

Out of interest, what word or phrase do you find most objectionable?

"scenes"

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:38 - Sep 22 with 2120 viewsfactual_blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 17:00 - Sep 22 by WeWereZombies

Sorry but I find your reply embarrassing.

Yes, it is just a word but try explaining to a kid what it represents and why the person shouting it is so angry.

And then try and live with yourself as they tell you that is the place where you and they come from and ask you earnestly why you hate it so much.

And I have got a grip already, thank you

But the zip is going home.

I would get a new one but, you know, sometimes things seem outdated even if people tell you that is what everyone adopts now.

Nothing is ever 'just' a word.

Remember Edward Bulwer-Lytton's words.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:39 - Sep 22 with 2120 viewsOxford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 16:40 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Maybe you should just watch at home.

If you had small children I think you’d understand.

There’s no excuse anywhere for that language.

It reflects badly on the yobs saying it
Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:39 - Sep 22 with 2124 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 17:00 - Sep 22 by WeWereZombies

Sorry but I find your reply embarrassing.

Yes, it is just a word but try explaining to a kid what it represents and why the person shouting it is so angry.

And then try and live with yourself as they tell you that is the place where you and they come from and ask you earnestly why you hate it so much.

And I have got a grip already, thank you

But the zip is going home.

I would get a new one but, you know, sometimes things seem outdated even if people tell you that is what everyone adopts now.

I’d just say to him ‘it’s football lad. People will swear. People will shout. Normal people will scream stuff that they wouldn’t say in their jobs/homes and it’s a release to have a day at the footy with a few beers. It’s just football. Take no notice.’

But that’s just me..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:40 - Sep 22 with 2118 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:39 - Sep 22 by Oxford_Blue

Now I’m a yob? For saying the word ‘c**t’ at a football match.

This forum never ceases to amaze me and I’ve been here for 7 years now.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 2105 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:40 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Now I’m a yob? For saying the word ‘c**t’ at a football match.

This forum never ceases to amaze me and I’ve been here for 7 years now.

13 more years and you will no longer be a rookie.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:41 - Sep 22 with 2111 viewsjeera

Yelling The C-Bomb on 17:07 - Sep 22 by Bad_Boy_Mark

The point that I am making is not against swearing per se, as this happens at football matches week in, week out.

My issue is with the liberal and foghorn-style use of the C-word, as was the case yesterday.

Personally, I feel that it is unnecessary especially when it is obvious that there are young children present.

I was in the company one time with a few other blokes.

These were your stereotypical blokey blokes, couple of hard characters who'd enjoyed colourful lives, on of whom was "c*** this, c*** that" to the point where even the biggest and hardest one there, turned to him and said, "for crying out loud mate, give it a rest, you're even embarrassing me!"

Most people have a limit and don't want to hear it all the time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:42 - Sep 22 with 2109 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:38 - Sep 22 by factual_blue

Nothing is ever 'just' a word.

Remember Edward Bulwer-Lytton's words.

It is just a word though.

It isn’t racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

It’s literally just a word that society decided (for no apparent reason) is something to be frowned upon.

Login to get fewer ads

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:44 - Sep 22 with 2104 viewsjeera

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:42 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

It is just a word though.

It isn’t racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

It’s literally just a word that society decided (for no apparent reason) is something to be frowned upon.

Really.

You're in a restaurant with the lady-friend and at a nearby table some half-wit swears continuously and you don't mind cos it's just a word.

Ok.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:47 - Sep 22 with 2098 viewstextbackup

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:39 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I’d just say to him ‘it’s football lad. People will swear. People will shout. Normal people will scream stuff that they wouldn’t say in their jobs/homes and it’s a release to have a day at the footy with a few beers. It’s just football. Take no notice.’

But that’s just me..

I promise you that if/when you have kids you will change opinion. I swear non stop in most aspects of my life, but the second the kids are about I stop, I absolutely hate other people swearing infront of my kids, any kids come to that matter, just not needed.

however, I do understand at football people boil over, and its a different kettle of fish. I honestly still feel bad for how I swore after the playoff loss at carrow road, had a boy about 10 infront of me, with his dad, and I let rip and to this day I still think of the dads face. I did say sorry, he laughed it off, sort of.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:48 - Sep 22 with 2098 viewsBLUEBEAT

Perhaps the heckler has Tourette syndrome?

Ever considered that?

Tourette sufferers have feelings too!

Poll: W or W

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:48 - Sep 22 with 2088 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:44 - Sep 22 by jeera

Really.

You're in a restaurant with the lady-friend and at a nearby table some half-wit swears continuously and you don't mind cos it's just a word.

Ok.

I can think of a few other "just a words" that have prompted to some of the greatest civil rights movements the world has seen.

Crybaby

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:48 - Sep 22 with 2096 viewsChondzoresk

You go to a match you expect to hear it. Goes with the territory. As for grassing who it was, tell the club the seat number, well that’s worse than the swearing.
No one likes grasses or snitches. Trust me there.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:49 - Sep 22 with 2084 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:48 - Sep 22 by Chondzoresk

You go to a match you expect to hear it. Goes with the territory. As for grassing who it was, tell the club the seat number, well that’s worse than the swearing.
No one likes grasses or snitches. Trust me there.

I don't really think anyone gives that much of a toss, except those who feel the repercussions

Crybaby

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:51 - Sep 22 with 2080 viewsfooters

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:39 - Sep 22 by Oxford_Blue

The real world is harsh and unforgiving. Children should be exposed to as much extreme graphic material and language as soon as possible.

Life isn't a picnic, and the sooner you get it, the better.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:52 - Sep 22 with 2079 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Really.

Ok.

Swearing continuously isn’t the same as just saying it occasionally.

Like my example at the burton game. Say (shout) the word once and suddenly I’m getting some be11end moaning. It’s football.

I think calling someone a c**t in the moment every now and again at football isn’t a crime personally. Screaming it in a restaurant continuously isn’t something i would do. Football and restaurant isn’t the same at all though is it.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:52 - Sep 22 with 2077 viewsfooters

Really.

Ok.

Swearing is quite normal in KFC.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:52 - Sep 22 with 2072 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:51 - Sep 22 by footers

The real world is harsh and unforgiving. Children should be exposed to as much extreme graphic material and language as soon as possible.

Life isn't a picnic, and the sooner you get it, the better.

No one should ever have to go through Mandy Dingle hosting You've been framed ever again, you take that back you fruit.

Crybaby

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:53 - Sep 22 with 2071 viewsPJH

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:52 - Sep 22 by footers

In fact the second and third letters stand for swear words don't they?
Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:55 - Sep 22 with 2064 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:47 - Sep 22 by textbackup

I promise you that if/when you have kids you will change opinion. I swear non stop in most aspects of my life, but the second the kids are about I stop, I absolutely hate other people swearing infront of my kids, any kids come to that matter, just not needed.

however, I do understand at football people boil over, and its a different kettle of fish. I honestly still feel bad for how I swore after the playoff loss at carrow road, had a boy about 10 infront of me, with his dad, and I let rip and to this day I still think of the dads face. I did say sorry, he laughed it off, sort of.

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll TRY to watch my language with kids about. Only cos it’s not really my place to know what kids can handle hearing swear words and which can’t. That’s nothing to do with me so I will try. And do try.

But if I did swear at the football like the Burton example, I don’t think I should be getting moaned at for swearing in the heat of the moment in the 97th minute at a football ground.

The example of swearing continuously and loudly in a restaurant in this thread is nonsense though. You (not actually you) can’t possibly compare swearing at a football ground and in a restaurant. The social situation is completely different.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:57 - Sep 22 with 2051 viewsfooters

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:53 - Sep 22 by PJH

In fact the second and third letters stand for swear words don't they?

If the K stands for a certain former manager, I can definitely agree.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 18:57]

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:57 - Sep 22 with 2051 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:52 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Swearing continuously isn’t the same as just saying it occasionally.

Like my example at the burton game. Say (shout) the word once and suddenly I’m getting some be11end moaning. It’s football.

I think calling someone a c**t in the moment every now and again at football isn’t a crime personally. Screaming it in a restaurant continuously isn’t something i would do. Football and restaurant isn’t the same at all though is it.

The fact you've refered to the bloke in a derogatory way implies you didn't appreciate his response. Obviously he didn't appreciate yours. He is entitled to react without being labelled imho.

Crybaby

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:57 - Sep 22 with 2051 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:52 - Sep 22 by footers

You’d be so proud of me TWTD, I decided this summer id stick to one takeaway per week. Which I’ve stuck to. So tonight I am having a Chinese after 6 days of eating quite healthily.

I just thought with uni starting again this week, I ought to have a few months where I at least try to eat much better.

Think I’ve had three or four KFCs since June. One of which was last week in Wycombe with some of my mates on my course.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:58 - Sep 22 with 2058 viewsHeathlander

I moved yesterday to a different seat. A complete bell end moaning at everything little thing the Town we’re doing. Slagging off Chambers. Had zero football knowledge and swore loudly at every opportunity. He had a Town top on and brown work shoes. You do get some characters at an away game.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:58 - Sep 22 with 2040 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:57 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

You’d be so proud of me TWTD, I decided this summer id stick to one takeaway per week. Which I’ve stuck to. So tonight I am having a Chinese after 6 days of eating quite healthily.

I just thought with uni starting again this week, I ought to have a few months where I at least try to eat much better.

Think I’ve had three or four KFCs since June. One of which was last week in Wycombe with some of my mates on my course.

Only c**ts go to KFC.

Crybaby

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024