Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yelling The C-Bomb 15:12 - Sep 22 with 25198 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

The was a gentleman - and I use this term loosely - within our fans who frequently yelled out the C-Bomb at the top of his voice yesterday at any given opportunity.

I am not a prude by stretch of the imagination, but is this really necessary? There were many children at the game and of all the swear words that one could use, this is absolutely the worst...

Am I being too much of a Dad or do I have a point?
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:49 - Sep 22 with 3744 viewsitfctim

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:47 - Sep 22 by Superblue95

I didn’t say you should stop posting.

In fact, watching you having this mini breakdown is very amusing to me so do continue

Watching me?...hmm...slightly disturbing.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:50 - Sep 22 with 3738 viewsSuperblue95

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:49 - Sep 22 by itfctim

Watching me?...hmm...slightly disturbing.

I work for Facebook. Your bedsheets aren’t quite to my taste I must admit

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:53 - Sep 22 with 3720 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:50 - Sep 22 by Superblue95

I work for Facebook. Your bedsheets aren’t quite to my taste I must admit

And don't get me started on the curtains...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:55 - Sep 22 with 3719 viewsSuperblue95

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:53 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

He doesn’t have any.

I think he enjoys being watched if I’m honest

Yelling The C-Bomb (n/t) on 22:56 - Sep 22 with 3716 viewsitfctim

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:53 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

This post has been edited by an administrator
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:57 - Sep 22 with 3710 viewsSuperblue95

Yelling The C-Bomb (n/t) on 22:56 - Sep 22 by itfctim

He can’t draw a stick man, never mind something as advanced as curtains

Yelling The C-Bomb on 23:09 - Sep 22 with 3688 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb (n/t) on 22:56 - Sep 22 by itfctim

Pah. I'm too rich for curtains. I have Rolex blinds.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yelling The C-Bomb on 23:16 - Sep 22 with 3682 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 21:25 - Sep 22 by Melford

I must admit I got in a bit of trouble at primary school as a nipper by singing stuff I'd heard at football. I still remember being about 7-8 and being sent to the headmaster for calling a kid called Graham in my class a c**t. The other one I got in trouble for was the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH YOU'RE SH!T ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! in the playground when the goalies took goal kicks.

Lol. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s where I got swearing from. I normally swear like a trooper, but reign it in if there are kids near.

All clubs need an environment where people feel able to take their kids without them hearing a load of swearing and abuse. The kids are the future of course. Obviously the easy answer is a family stand and you go in there if you’re worried. Away games are more of an issue; I just tell my kids to ignore and bad language, like they have to when I try to do DIY.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Yelling The C-Bomb on 06:30 - Sep 23 with 3618 viewsSwailsey

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:42 - Sep 22 by itfctim

I like the place, some stuff I agree with, some stuff I dont. No politics or agendas on here, are there? Because I disagree with something, or beg to differ, I should stop posting? Yeah, ok then. TWTD has more than it's fair share of snowflake tw ats, You may well think I fall into that category as far as you're concerned, that's fine, crack on, but, imo, this site has more than it's fair share of pr icks.

You alright mate?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yelling The C-Bomb on 07:01 - Sep 23 with 3604 viewsgoperryrevs

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:33 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Regarding your point two, there doesn't seem to be any compromise from the 'my kid cant possibly hear swearing' camp either.

If you think it's really that devastating for them to hear a few swear words, or you feel unable to actually talk to them about it, then maybe stick to taking them to home games and sit in the family area. Probably not wise to take them on away days.

Like I said, odd bit of language here and there I’m happy to put up with. It’s not devastating for kids to hear a few swear words. That’s not what the OP was talking about. It’s like the difference between a 12 and an 18. Just because a few fruity words here and there is acceptable, doesn’t mean I want her watching Tarantino already.

And also like I said, we live too far away to go to home games. Which means your advice boils down to ‘just don’t go’. In which case, see the first point about our club and its future fan base.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 07:12 - Sep 23 with 3591 viewsgoperryrevs

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:22 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

He can have manners at home. In my opinion football, like the pub, is at an adult environment.

And respectfully, this just isn’t true. We’re watching sport, not going to a strip club. If it was true, then the club wouldn’t sell heavily discounted tickets for under 12’s. ITFC want a diversity of fans - age, gender, disability, race etc. etc. I get that thinking it’s “just for the lads” might salve a few consciences, but football is for everyone.

It’s essentially the same principle as the public smoking debate. “But I like smoking”, and “if people don’t like me smoking they can stay at home” weren’t good enough arguments, and society has rightly decided that the right to smoke doesn’t trump the right to not have to breathe in secondhand smoke. We have smoking areas for smokers, so maybe rather than having “family seating”, we’re looking at it the wrong way round, and most of the stands should be family areas, with a little sound-proofed box that people go in and yell the c-word at Chambers, berate our own players, boo, and generally spoil it for other people?
Yelling The C-Bomb on 07:33 - Sep 23 with 3579 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 07:12 - Sep 23 by goperryrevs

And respectfully, this just isn’t true. We’re watching sport, not going to a strip club. If it was true, then the club wouldn’t sell heavily discounted tickets for under 12’s. ITFC want a diversity of fans - age, gender, disability, race etc. etc. I get that thinking it’s “just for the lads” might salve a few consciences, but football is for everyone.

It’s essentially the same principle as the public smoking debate. “But I like smoking”, and “if people don’t like me smoking they can stay at home” weren’t good enough arguments, and society has rightly decided that the right to smoke doesn’t trump the right to not have to breathe in secondhand smoke. We have smoking areas for smokers, so maybe rather than having “family seating”, we’re looking at it the wrong way round, and most of the stands should be family areas, with a little sound-proofed box that people go in and yell the c-word at Chambers, berate our own players, boo, and generally spoil it for other people?

‘It’s essentially the same principle as the public smoking debate‘

LOL. Genuinely. Trying to compare hearing a word at a football match with breathing in somebody else’s smoke (something proven to be bad for your health) is just marvellous internetting. Well done.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 07:40 - Sep 23 with 3569 viewsgoperryrevs

Yelling The C-Bomb on 07:33 - Sep 23 by The_Romford_Blue

LOL. Genuinely. Trying to compare hearing a word at a football match with breathing in somebody else’s smoke (something proven to be bad for your health) is just marvellous internetting. Well done.

Thanks mate.

Come on, admit you like the idea of the sound-proofed box for ‘that’ fan you’re forced to sit next to for 90mins.

It was tongue-in-cheek, but it’s standard rights ethics. Same principles.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 08:09 - Sep 23 with 3552 viewswitchdoctor

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:48 - Sep 22 by Chondzoresk

You go to a match you expect to hear it. Goes with the territory. As for grassing who it was, tell the club the seat number, well that’s worse than the swearing.
No one likes grasses or snitches. Trust me there.

yeah...but the poster who suggested doing so on has form for it..bet he was a proper nerdy snitch at school as well..leopards, spots and all that...
Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:11 - Sep 23 with 3512 viewschicoazul

I find this thread fascinating and very insightful about several posters.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:19 - Sep 23 with 3507 viewsfooters

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:11 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

I find this thread fascinating and very insightful about several posters.

Give us your hot take, chickers. Little bit of the old swearing in front of the saucepan lids- good, bad, indifferent?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:47 - Sep 23 with 3487 viewschicoazul

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:19 - Sep 23 by footers

Give us your hot take, chickers. Little bit of the old swearing in front of the saucepan lids- good, bad, indifferent?

On the one hand, of course no English gentleman should swear in front of women or children. On the other hand, it's football so we all know it happens and as a parent you have to talk to your kids before about it. The very specific example provided by OP is dreadful and I find certain of the responses to it very depressing and unsurprising but they are also some good examples of how liberalism is destroying the country many of us once knew and took for granted.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:52 - Sep 23 with 3476 viewsWeWereZombies

Yelling The C-Bomb on 07:33 - Sep 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I think this is the point in the debate to suggest that we should all bring a tame skag addict to the game and let them shoot up with impunity.

Although in the MickMc days there would have been a danger of everyone wanting to join in...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:53 - Sep 23 with 3474 viewsOldsmoker

Yelling The C-Bomb on 15:58 - Sep 22 by wkj

If this situation occurs again, find someone bigger and dumber looking and give em a fiver to smack the offender in the mouth.

Signed - Humility police

Top Tip - Save your money.
Find someone bigger and dumber looking and tell them that the offender called him a c*nt.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:56 - Sep 23 with 3467 viewsWeWereZombies

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:47 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

On the one hand, of course no English gentleman should swear in front of women or children. On the other hand, it's football so we all know it happens and as a parent you have to talk to your kids before about it. The very specific example provided by OP is dreadful and I find certain of the responses to it very depressing and unsurprising but they are also some good examples of how liberalism is destroying the country many of us once knew and took for granted.

I think you will find that it is an illiberal insistence on the basest of rights regardless of people around the perpetrator. But I will grant you that it is a libertarian stance than The_Romford_Blue and others are adopting.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:00 - Sep 23 with 3461 viewschicoazul

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:56 - Sep 23 by WeWereZombies

I think you will find that it is an illiberal insistence on the basest of rights regardless of people around the perpetrator. But I will grant you that it is a libertarian stance than The_Romford_Blue and others are adopting.

It's modern liberal education systems that have educated these people.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:01 - Sep 23 with 3458 viewsfooters

Yelling The C-Bomb on 09:47 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

It's just the lack of art and imagination I find most disturbing. Swearing is quite good but you don't need it to be really offensive, if that's the idea.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:01 - Sep 23 with 3457 viewsWeWereZombies

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:00 - Sep 23 by chicoazul

It's modern liberal education systems that have educated these people.

I maintain my point that you do not understand the difference between liberal and libertarian.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:04 - Sep 23 with 3447 viewschicoazul

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:01 - Sep 23 by footers

It's just the lack of art and imagination I find most disturbing. Swearing is quite good but you don't need it to be really offensive, if that's the idea.

True! If the man in OPs story was cussing Chambo out in Dickensian English then I like to think we all would have applauded but it would still have been swearing.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:04 - Sep 23 with 3446 viewschicoazul

Yelling The C-Bomb on 10:01 - Sep 23 by WeWereZombies

I maintain my point that you do not understand the difference between liberal and libertarian.

Errmmmmm...ok? If you like.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024