Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yelling The C-Bomb 15:12 - Sep 22 with 25195 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

The was a gentleman - and I use this term loosely - within our fans who frequently yelled out the C-Bomb at the top of his voice yesterday at any given opportunity.

I am not a prude by stretch of the imagination, but is this really necessary? There were many children at the game and of all the swear words that one could use, this is absolutely the worst...

Am I being too much of a Dad or do I have a point?
Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:58 - Sep 22 with 1852 viewsPinewoodblue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:40 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Now I’m a yob? For saying the word ‘c**t’ at a football match.

This forum never ceases to amaze me and I’ve been here for 7 years now.

Is that an apology?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:59 - Sep 22 with 1852 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:57 - Sep 22 by wkj

The fact you've refered to the bloke in a derogatory way implies you didn't appreciate his response. Obviously he didn't appreciate yours. He is entitled to react without being labelled imho.

I’m not going into it as I honestly have to go in about 5 minutes but it was the way he reacted that I didn’t like.

He turned, gave me a look from across the terrace and then moaned indirectly. It was the 97th minute and the referee decided he was just going to keep playing for no apparent reason just for the craic.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:59 - Sep 22 with 1848 viewsfooters

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:57 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

You’d be so proud of me TWTD, I decided this summer id stick to one takeaway per week. Which I’ve stuck to. So tonight I am having a Chinese after 6 days of eating quite healthily.

I just thought with uni starting again this week, I ought to have a few months where I at least try to eat much better.

Think I’ve had three or four KFCs since June. One of which was last week in Wycombe with some of my mates on my course.

Good man!

Cooking is one of life's great pleasures if you can get into it :)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:00 - Sep 22 with 1857 viewstextbackup

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:58 - Sep 22 by Heathlander

I moved yesterday to a different seat. A complete bell end moaning at everything little thing the Town we’re doing. Slagging off Chambers. Had zero football knowledge and swore loudly at every opportunity. He had a Town top on and brown work shoes. You do get some characters at an away game.

we said this looking at the away end yesterday, every walk of life possible in that end, such a mixed bag

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:00 - Sep 22 with 1845 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:58 - Sep 22 by Pinewoodblue

Is that an apology?

What am I apologising for? I wasn’t even at the game Saturday, I was signing a tenancy agreement on my new house.

The OPs example certainly wasn’t me.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:01 - Sep 22 with 1840 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:59 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

I’m not going into it as I honestly have to go in about 5 minutes but it was the way he reacted that I didn’t like.

He turned, gave me a look from across the terrace and then moaned indirectly. It was the 97th minute and the referee decided he was just going to keep playing for no apparent reason just for the craic.

Wasn't the bloke's fault in the crowd, just as entitled to react as you feel you are I'd say.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:01 - Sep 22 with 1840 viewsPJH

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:59 - Sep 22 by footers

Good man!

I was just thinking that the word that started this thread is one of life's great pleasures if you can get into it.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:02 - Sep 22 with 1838 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:58 - Sep 22 by Heathlander

I moved yesterday to a different seat. A complete bell end moaning at everything little thing the Town we’re doing. Slagging off Chambers. Had zero football knowledge and swore loudly at every opportunity. He had a Town top on and brown work shoes. You do get some characters at an away game.

I'm sorry they sat you next to Steve Evans.

Crybaby

Login to get fewer ads

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:02 - Sep 22 with 1838 viewsjeera

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:52 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Swearing continuously isn’t the same as just saying it occasionally.

Like my example at the burton game. Say (shout) the word once and suddenly I’m getting some be11end moaning. It’s football.

I think calling someone a c**t in the moment every now and again at football isn’t a crime personally. Screaming it in a restaurant continuously isn’t something i would do. Football and restaurant isn’t the same at all though is it.

So we've established you agree it isn't 'just' a word and there are circumstances in which it isn't always appropriate.

"Swearing continuously isn’t the same as just saying it occasionally."

Yes, that's what the OP said, and he's right.

If someone called your mum a 'c' in the street, you wouldn't shrug it off as 'just' a word, so why on earth could anything think it's ok in front of children.

I was brought up to believe that real men don't swear on front of women and kids and that it's on a list of things insecure people tend to do a lot.

Yes, it happens, especially somewhere like football, but not all the time, and let's stop pretending it's 'just' a word. If it were then we wouldn't use it.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:02 - Sep 22 with 1833 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:59 - Sep 22 by footers

Good man!

My best friend is Iranian and so when I went up to Manchester this summer for the week, her mum cooked a few of those dishes. My mind was blown.

I eat quite well now I think. Cooked plenty of proper dinners last year. Mainly because if I was going out afterwards, I’d either potentially be sick if I hadn’t eaten or I’d spend money on sh*t chicken from the local chicken shops when bladdered and waste my money. So I used to cook before we’d go out.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:03 - Sep 22 with 1828 viewsjeera

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:02 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

My best friend is Iranian and so when I went up to Manchester this summer for the week, her mum cooked a few of those dishes. My mind was blown.

I eat quite well now I think. Cooked plenty of proper dinners last year. Mainly because if I was going out afterwards, I’d either potentially be sick if I hadn’t eaten or I’d spend money on sh*t chicken from the local chicken shops when bladdered and waste my money. So I used to cook before we’d go out.

Try to get some recipes from her!

Published on here of course.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:06 - Sep 22 with 1817 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:02 - Sep 22 by jeera

So we've established you agree it isn't 'just' a word and there are circumstances in which it isn't always appropriate.

"Swearing continuously isn’t the same as just saying it occasionally."

Yes, that's what the OP said, and he's right.

If someone called your mum a 'c' in the street, you wouldn't shrug it off as 'just' a word, so why on earth could anything think it's ok in front of children.

I was brought up to believe that real men don't swear on front of women and kids and that it's on a list of things insecure people tend to do a lot.

Yes, it happens, especially somewhere like football, but not all the time, and let's stop pretending it's 'just' a word. If it were then we wouldn't use it.

Calling someone a c**t in the street is an insult though. Shouting it at football isn’t.

Thankfully I have to go now. Otherwise I fear you’d make this into a way bigger thing than it is. Your example of loudly saying the word c**t on repeat in a restaurant as a comparison to me saying it in the 97th minute at a football match is just hilarious. Perhaps you ought to think about how ridiculous that point is.

Ciao

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:08 - Sep 22 with 1811 viewswkj

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:06 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Calling someone a c**t in the street is an insult though. Shouting it at football isn’t.

Thankfully I have to go now. Otherwise I fear you’d make this into a way bigger thing than it is. Your example of loudly saying the word c**t on repeat in a restaurant as a comparison to me saying it in the 97th minute at a football match is just hilarious. Perhaps you ought to think about how ridiculous that point is.

Ciao

I can think of other insults on the street that have massive advocacy groups working in football to keep it out of the game. I don't see much of a difference.

Crybaby

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:11 - Sep 22 with 1803 viewsOxford_Blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:40 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Now I’m a yob? For saying the word ‘c**t’ at a football match.

This forum never ceases to amaze me and I’ve been here for 7 years now.

Shouting abuse and using that language in front of children is yobbish. There’s no need for it. Learn to control yourself or go back to school and learn how to communicate without resorting to that language. The point is when there are families and children around.

If you’re with your mates and no kids I don’t have an issue.

You can disagree or not. I really couldn’t care.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:27 - Sep 22 with 1776 viewsfactual_blue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:06 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Ciao

So shouting n*gger at during a football match is ok. Glad we cleared that up.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:39 - Sep 22 with 1766 viewsWeWereZombies

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:38 - Sep 22 by factual_blue

Nothing is ever 'just' a word.

Remember Edward Bulwer-Lytton's words.

You are going to have to remind me of which ones.

Or do you intend me to read his entire oeuvre?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:41 - Sep 22 with 1760 viewsWeWereZombies

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:42 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

It is just a word though.

It isn’t racist, sexist, homophobic, etc.

It’s literally just a word that society decided (for no apparent reason) is something to be frowned upon.

I think it is ever so slightly sexist...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:44 - Sep 22 with 1760 viewsSwailsey

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:55 - Sep 22 by The_Romford_Blue

Don’t get me wrong, I’ll TRY to watch my language with kids about. Only cos it’s not really my place to know what kids can handle hearing swear words and which can’t. That’s nothing to do with me so I will try. And do try.

But if I did swear at the football like the Burton example, I don’t think I should be getting moaned at for swearing in the heat of the moment in the 97th minute at a football ground.

The example of swearing continuously and loudly in a restaurant in this thread is nonsense though. You (not actually you) can’t possibly compare swearing at a football ground and in a restaurant. The social situation is completely different.

Not wishing to wade into the wider point in this, but do you really think ANY children should hear swear words? I’m not being prudish. But that isn’t up for debate or even a case of ‘handling’ it is it?

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:59 - Sep 22 with 1739 viewsbraveblue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 16:04 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Indeed. You're more than welcome to bring your child into an adult space, but you have no right to expect anyone to modify their behaviour as a result.

Yes he is. It’s called manners.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 20:12 - Sep 22 with 1731 viewsBlueBadger

Like with pubs, I think if you're talking kids into football, you should probably expect to hear the odd bit of fruity language and either, if that's not something you want them exposing to, don't take them in or accept it's going to happen to talk to your kids about it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 20:15 - Sep 22 with 1712 viewsChateauWines

Yelling The C-Bomb on 16:06 - Sep 22 by wkj

I am guilty of the old ' For flumps sake' once in a while, but that is generally at times most would be tempted. But shouting the c word repeatedly doesn't strike me as as cathartic as the firm but fair flumping one occasionally enjoys

I wrote a poem about flumps for my English Literature O Level many years ago

Flumps are furry,
Flumps are clean,
Flumps finish at 9.15.
There names are Perkin, Posie and Pootle too
So get up and view
Please do!

Of no relevance to original post I know.

Poll: CRUMPETS- What to put on?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 20:20 - Sep 22 with 1705 viewsgoperryrevs

Yelling The C-Bomb on 17:15 - Sep 22 by Bad_Boy_Mark

It's good to hear the different points of view on the subject.

My son is now 9, and our rule is simple. You will hear it, but never repeat it.

Although I had to grin when he told Luke Chambers that he sings his song nicely:

One <silence> Chambers
There's only one <silence> Chambers
One <silence> Chambers

My daughter (10) changed the words to "One LUCKY Chambers".

My guess is the people all saying "what's the big deal about rampant swearing at the football?" don't have kids. If and when you do, it should make you think twice.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 21:01 - Sep 22 with 1647 viewscrunchie1978

Yelling The C-Bomb on 20:12 - Sep 22 by BlueBadger

Like with pubs, I think if you're talking kids into football, you should probably expect to hear the odd bit of fruity language and either, if that's not something you want them exposing to, don't take them in or accept it's going to happen to talk to your kids about it.

Bloody hell.....think we might actually agree on something here badger
Yelling The C-Bomb on 21:11 - Sep 22 with 1632 viewsfooters

Yelling The C-Bomb on 20:20 - Sep 22 by goperryrevs

My daughter (10) changed the words to "One LUCKY Chambers".

My guess is the people all saying "what's the big deal about rampant swearing at the football?" don't have kids. If and when you do, it should make you think twice.

People should think twice before having kids, too. Just sayin'!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 21:15 - Sep 22 with 1633 viewsitfcjoe

Yelling The C-Bomb on 18:31 - Sep 22 by Pinewoodblue

Can remember our son when was five or six turning to his mum at an away game and tell her it's OK I'm not singing the naughty words.

I remember singing the referees a w@nker when I was about 7, getting a clip round the ear from my Uncle and being told if I ever said it at home my Mum and Dad wouldn’t let me come any more!

It worked, but was a word of never heard and didn’t know was a swear word! I’m in my 30s and still don’t think I’ve sworn in front of my Mum!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024