Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yelling The C-Bomb 15:12 - Sep 22 with 25193 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

The was a gentleman - and I use this term loosely - within our fans who frequently yelled out the C-Bomb at the top of his voice yesterday at any given opportunity.

I am not a prude by stretch of the imagination, but is this really necessary? There were many children at the game and of all the swear words that one could use, this is absolutely the worst...

Am I being too much of a Dad or do I have a point?
Yelling The C-Bomb on 21:22 - Sep 22 with 3803 viewsitfcjoe

Yelling The C-Bomb on 20:20 - Sep 22 by goperryrevs

My daughter (10) changed the words to "One LUCKY Chambers".

My guess is the people all saying "what's the big deal about rampant swearing at the football?" don't have kids. If and when you do, it should make you think twice.

Yep, and I’m sure the odd one will slip out from some people at times and I wouldn’t get on my high horse about it if they did. That’s very different to what the OP was saying though

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 21:25 - Sep 22 with 3797 viewsMelford

Yelling The C-Bomb on 17:54 - Sep 22 by yesjohn99

Was always told that I would hear some bad words at the football. The rule was to not bring it home.

I must admit I got in a bit of trouble at primary school as a nipper by singing stuff I'd heard at football. I still remember being about 7-8 and being sent to the headmaster for calling a kid called Graham in my class a c**t. The other one I got in trouble for was the OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHH YOU'RE SH!T ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH! in the playground when the goalies took goal kicks.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:07 - Sep 22 with 3753 viewsitfctim

Get a life. Its football, its passion, and a release for most hard working people. Stock up on bovril and tartan blankets, maybe invest in some ear defenders and enjoy a spiffing encounter in the name of sport. Stereo typical TWTD contributor, right there.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:22]
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:08 - Sep 22 with 3748 viewsitfctim

Yelling The C-Bomb on 15:17 - Sep 22 by factual_blue

Contact the club with his seat number, if that's possible.

How f u k I n sad are you!!!!!
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:13 - Sep 22 with 3742 viewsPippin1970

We should all watch Downton Abbey and take a leaf out of there book.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:22 - Sep 22 with 3724 viewsSwailsey

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:07 - Sep 22 by itfctim

Get a life. Its football, its passion, and a release for most hard working people. Stock up on bovril and tartan blankets, maybe invest in some ear defenders and enjoy a spiffing encounter in the name of sport. Stereo typical TWTD contributor, right there.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:22]

Qualify that last point.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:22 - Sep 22 with 3721 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb on 19:59 - Sep 22 by braveblue

Yes he is. It’s called manners.

He can have manners at home. In my opinion football, like the pub, is at an adult environment.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:26 - Sep 22 with 3718 viewsitfctim

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:22 - Sep 22 by Swailsey

Qualify that last point.

Not that I have to, but loads on here rarely attend games, are quick to kick up a fuss over absolutely nothing, and hide behind a keyboard. Pathetic.
Login to get fewer ads

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:29 - Sep 22 with 3713 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:26 - Sep 22 by itfctim

Not that I have to, but loads on here rarely attend games, are quick to kick up a fuss over absolutely nothing, and hide behind a keyboard. Pathetic.

While I myself would like to reserve the right to say fook and bügger at the match, you're making an awful lot of assumptions there.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:30]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:29 - Sep 22 with 3713 viewsSwailsey

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:26 - Sep 22 by itfctim

Again, what is that actually based on?

Sorry, that is a massive over generalisation and just isn’t true.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:30 - Sep 22 with 3708 viewsgoperryrevs

Yelling The C-Bomb on 20:12 - Sep 22 by BlueBadger

Like with pubs, I think if you're talking kids into football, you should probably expect to hear the odd bit of fruity language and either, if that's not something you want them exposing to, don't take them in or accept it's going to happen to talk to your kids about it.

The odd bit is fine, and you’re right, it can be a good opportunity to talk about where and when different language is appropriate. It’s when it goes overboard. As in the OP.

There are two main problems with “if you don’t like it, don’t bring your kids”:

1) it will literally kill the future of our club. Children get their loyalties to their team around aged ten. If we put large numbers of them off coming until they’re older then we’ve already lost them, and they’ll just support citeh or Liverpool or whatever. Yes, there’s the family areas at home, but I live in the midlands so we mostly make away games, where too much swearing can be more of an issue.

2) there’s no give and take, no reasonable compromise. It’s not rocket science. Look around you. If you’re sitting near young kids, watch your language more. If not, don’t worry about it so much. Adjusting our behaviour appropriately is not a complex thing.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:32 - Sep 22 with 3698 viewsSuperblue95

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:29 - Sep 22 by Swailsey

Again, what is that actually based on?

Sorry, that is a massive over generalisation and just isn’t true.

I always find it confusing when people slag off this place.

If people don’t like this forum why don’t they just, I don’t know, stop using it?

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:33 - Sep 22 with 3695 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:30 - Sep 22 by goperryrevs

The odd bit is fine, and you’re right, it can be a good opportunity to talk about where and when different language is appropriate. It’s when it goes overboard. As in the OP.

There are two main problems with “if you don’t like it, don’t bring your kids”:

1) it will literally kill the future of our club. Children get their loyalties to their team around aged ten. If we put large numbers of them off coming until they’re older then we’ve already lost them, and they’ll just support citeh or Liverpool or whatever. Yes, there’s the family areas at home, but I live in the midlands so we mostly make away games, where too much swearing can be more of an issue.

2) there’s no give and take, no reasonable compromise. It’s not rocket science. Look around you. If you’re sitting near young kids, watch your language more. If not, don’t worry about it so much. Adjusting our behaviour appropriately is not a complex thing.

Regarding your point two, there doesn't seem to be any compromise from the 'my kid cant possibly hear swearing' camp either.

If you think it's really that devastating for them to hear a few swear words, or you feel unable to actually talk to them about it, then maybe stick to taking them to home games and sit in the family area. Probably not wise to take them on away days.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:34 - Sep 22 with 3692 viewsSwailsey

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:32 - Sep 22 by Superblue95

If people don’t like this forum why don’t they just, I don’t know, stop using it?

Odd isn’t it.

To me, TWTD is a perfect example of all humankind.

It’s probably far more normal and real than a lot of other football forums and it does have an enviable community.

There are some bells here, just like there are everywhere. That makes it what it is.

So weird to take the time to either sign up and post or tweet about it.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:34 - Sep 22 with 3690 viewsSpruceMoose

Self hating TWTDers are what keep me in the insult business. There's a long line of folk stretching back years who only seem to come here to enrage themselves. They keep lining up, and I keel calling them goons. Tis the circle of life.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:35 - Sep 22 with 3689 viewsitfctim

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:29 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

While I myself would like to reserve the right to say fook and bügger at the match, you're making an awful lot of assumptions there.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:30]

Am I?...k.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:37 - Sep 22 with 3686 viewsSuperblue95

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:34 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Self hating TWTDers are what keep me in the insult business. There's a long line of folk stretching back years who only seem to come here to enrage themselves. They keep lining up, and I keel calling them goons. Tis the circle of life.

And on top of all that you swear in front of children you cûnt

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:38 - Sep 22 with 3680 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:37 - Sep 22 by Superblue95

And on top of all that you swear in front of children you cûnt

Not when I'm at Pleasurewood Hills. But if they're in the BigBongo Club then that's on them.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:39 - Sep 22 with 3679 viewsSwailsey

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:35 - Sep 22 by itfctim

Am I?...k.

Yes, clearly.

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:39 - Sep 22 with 3678 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:35 - Sep 22 by itfctim

Am I?...k.

Yeah. You have no idea if the majority of posters on here go every week, every now and then, or never. If you knew that it would be pretty weird.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:40]

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:40 - Sep 22 with 3673 viewsSuperblue95

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:38 - Sep 22 by SpruceMoose

Not when I'm at Pleasurewood Hills. But if they're in the BigBongo Club then that's on them.

I’d say anything goes at Pleasurewood Hills to be honest. If I want to scream cûnt or fûck when I’m on a ghost train or tea cups then I will do so

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:42 - Sep 22 with 3669 viewsitfctim

I like the place, some stuff I agree with, some stuff I dont. No politics or agendas on here, are there? Because I disagree with something, or beg to differ, I should stop posting? Yeah, ok then. TWTD has more than it's fair share of snowflake tw ats, You may well think I fall into that category as far as you're concerned, that's fine, crack on, but, imo, this site has more than it's fair share of pr icks.
Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:45 - Sep 22 with 3658 viewsSpruceMoose

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:42 - Sep 22 by itfctim

I like the place, some stuff I agree with, some stuff I dont. No politics or agendas on here, are there? Because I disagree with something, or beg to differ, I should stop posting? Yeah, ok then. TWTD has more than it's fair share of snowflake tw ats, You may well think I fall into that category as far as you're concerned, that's fine, crack on, but, imo, this site has more than it's fair share of pr icks.

It's weird you'd get so angry though. Don't like an an opinion? Meh. Move on. Who cares? Especially when you're getting so worked up about something that you've pretty much invented.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:46]

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:47 - Sep 22 with 3655 viewsSuperblue95

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:42 - Sep 22 by itfctim

I didn’t say you should stop posting.

In fact, watching you having this mini breakdown is very amusing to me so do continue

Yelling The C-Bomb on 22:47 - Sep 22 with 3655 viewsKieran_Knows

What was worse than that*, someone just randomly in the first half decided to shout out ‘Norwich are losing 2-0’. I mean, seriously, who cares? There is a section of our support who have an unhealthy obsession with Norwich I feel. I appreciate they’re our rivals, but the only time I ever care about them is when we play them. How they get on any other weekend, I really do not care.

* I jest that it’s worse than dropping the C-bomb every other word, but you get my point!
[Post edited 22 Sep 2019 22:49]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024