Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So these Labour delegates just: 17:52 - Sep 23 with 6712 viewsSpruceMoose

1) Voted down 'back remain now' motion.

2) Backed NEC statement calling for Labour to postpone decision on how to campaign in referendum.

Any Remainers out there still have a strong faith that voting Labour will get you what you want?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

So these Labour delegates just: on 21:43 - Sep 23 with 1943 viewssyntaxerror

How long before Keir Starmer launches a leadership challenge?
I guess after Labour come 3rd in the next GE.
So these Labour delegates just: on 21:51 - Sep 23 with 1926 viewsPinewoodblue

The way things are going can't see Labour getting a post conference boost in the next round of opinion polls.

Assuming tomorrow's supreme court ruling doesn't go against the executive.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

So these Labour delegates just: on 22:39 - Sep 23 with 1903 viewslowhouseblue

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-brexit-labour-remain-rejected

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

So these Labour delegates just: on 22:42 - Sep 23 with 1891 viewsJakeITFC

So these Labour delegates just: on 20:54 - Sep 23 by Trequartista

To be fair, the alternative (referendum and campaign for remain) will see them telling the electorate they will negotiate a deal and campaign against that deal. Either way is electoral suicide.

Do you not think that it is the right (as in from a democratic and moral standpoint) thing to do though?
So these Labour delegates just: on 22:43 - Sep 23 with 1890 viewsBasuco

So these Labour delegates just: on 21:43 - Sep 23 by syntaxerror

How long before Keir Starmer launches a leadership challenge?
I guess after Labour come 3rd in the next GE.

Keir Starmer could very well be de-selected by the momentum led Labour executive, it looks like Labour are genuinely scared that the mess that is the Conservative party could hand them an election victory. So are now going all out to ensure that does not happen, UK politics has descended into complete chaos. with both the main political parties going all out to be un-electable. Crazy times.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 22:44]
So these Labour delegates just: on 22:58 - Sep 23 with 1880 viewsStokieBlue

So these Labour delegates just: on 19:18 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

Just seen it on the news. What a stitch up. A show of hands clearly showed that the remain motion had won. The chair called it as won but the Gen Sec Jennie Formby overruled her and said it had lost. Quite incredible to watch if you get the chance.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 19:19]

Here it is:

Absolute shower. The Tories are awful but this lot aren't far off. Clearly she had her own opinion and the vote was irrelevant.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So these Labour delegates just: on 23:13 - Sep 23 with 1863 viewsBasuco

So these Labour delegates just: on 19:18 - Sep 23 by GlasgowBlue

Just seen it on the news. What a stitch up. A show of hands clearly showed that the remain motion had won. The chair called it as won but the Gen Sec Jennie Formby overruled her and said it had lost. Quite incredible to watch if you get the chance.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 19:19]

It reminded me of a not the nine o'clock news sketch many years ago when one man voted for a resolution and everyone else voted against it, then the vote was carried as the one who voted for it represented 3 million voters. Suicidal decision by Jennie Formbey to over rule a clear decision Labour members on the conference floor. Who could possibly vote Labour after that? I also liked the way the chair lady made it clear the way she felt the vote went, and made it clear that it was not her decision to declare the result lost.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 23:22]
So these Labour delegates just: on 23:39 - Sep 23 with 1847 viewsBlueBadger

So these Labour delegates just: on 22:39 - Sep 23 by lowhouseblue

https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/jeremy-corbyn-brexit-labour-remain-rejected

Blimey, that's an brilliant piece of writing capturing the whole 'WTF are Labour playing at' thoughts of anyone watching them and despairing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:01 - Sep 24 with 1800 viewsGlasgowBlue

So these Labour delegates just: on 22:58 - Sep 23 by StokieBlue

Here it is:

Absolute shower. The Tories are awful but this lot aren't far off. Clearly she had her own opinion and the vote was irrelevant.

SB

And here’s the McCluskey clip

Lansman definitely made his displeasure known as shown in EG’s thread yesterday. It’s like Trump shouting fake news.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:19 - Sep 24 with 1783 viewsgiant_stow

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:01 - Sep 24 by GlasgowBlue

Lansman definitely made his displeasure known as shown in EG’s thread yesterday. It’s like Trump shouting fake news.

I want to know what the moderates think of this and why they didn't make some kind of fuss. Getting difficult to even back them now.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:23 - Sep 24 with 1782 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:01 - Sep 24 by GlasgowBlue

Not taking a card count was a monumental f@ck up.....

I have been of the opinion that Corbyn should step aside for some time now and it looks like there is no longer time...however the onslaught would inevitably move to his successorvif remotely 'left'.

...how many Rabbis are you currently following on twitter GB?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:35 - Sep 24 with 1774 viewsStokieBlue

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:23 - Sep 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not taking a card count was a monumental f@ck up.....

I have been of the opinion that Corbyn should step aside for some time now and it looks like there is no longer time...however the onslaught would inevitably move to his successorvif remotely 'left'.

...how many Rabbis are you currently following on twitter GB?

Agreed.

Not taking a card count just makes it look like they think they lost otherwise there is no reason not to. Not great given the screams of democracy we hear from a momentum.

It just looks like a huge stitch up. I doubt we've heard the last of it.

SB

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:47 - Sep 24 with 1765 viewsgiant_stow

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:35 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

Agreed.

Not taking a card count just makes it look like they think they lost otherwise there is no reason not to. Not great given the screams of democracy we hear from a momentum.

SB

I hope not - this is just disgusting. How's anyone meant to vote for them? How can anyone trust them?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

So these Labour delegates just: on 09:07 - Sep 24 with 1748 viewsElephantintheRoom

Not exactly true. They voted to differentiate themselves from the Lib Dems by not ignoring their voters who voted remain. and have given a clear indication that they support the result of the referendum, will negotiate the best deal possible - and put that to the people for a confirmatory vote. Some see it as a bit wishy washy but the reality is that Labour are now the only party offering to honour the referendum AND the chance to stay in. And yes - by not stabbing their own voters in the back in strongly remain seats they offer a voter like myself in a 64% Tory voting constituency the glimmer of a hope.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So these Labour delegates just: on 09:12 - Sep 24 with 1741 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

So these Labour delegates just: on 08:35 - Sep 24 by StokieBlue

Agreed.

SB

I don't think they lost but.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

So these Labour delegates just: on 09:34 - Sep 24 with 1714 viewsStokieBlue

So these Labour delegates just: on 09:12 - Sep 24 by BanksterDebtSlave

I don't think they lost but.....

You've done me like a kipper.

SB
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 9:50]

So these Labour delegates just: on 19:54 - Sep 24 with 1654 viewsbritbiker

So these Labour delegates just: on 09:07 - Sep 24 by ElephantintheRoom

Not exactly true. They voted to differentiate themselves from the Lib Dems by not ignoring their voters who voted remain. and have given a clear indication that they support the result of the referendum, will negotiate the best deal possible - and put that to the people for a confirmatory vote. Some see it as a bit wishy washy but the reality is that Labour are now the only party offering to honour the referendum AND the chance to stay in. And yes - by not stabbing their own voters in the back in strongly remain seats they offer a voter like myself in a 64% Tory voting constituency the glimmer of a hope.

So we are to trust Labour to get the best deal possible to allow another referendum, sorry, a confirmation vote.

Seems like a good opportunity for the EU and labour to put foward a poor deal and secure a remain confirmation vote
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 19:56]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024