Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 11:31 - Oct 4 with 4558 viewsBrixtonBlue

How the hell am I going to avoid the worst of the rush hour traffic?

[Post edited 4 Oct 2019 15:39]

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:19 - Oct 4 with 646 viewsReuser_is_God

Are you gonna be a Clit Hero tonight?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:27 - Oct 4 with 629 viewsStokieBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 11:36 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

What I mean is, is there a way to minimise it?

I guess once I'm out of London and on the M4 it won't be tooo bad?!

Why are you going on the M4? I would have though A40, M40 and then M6 Toll was the better route.

M4 is a farce and will be rammed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:35 - Oct 4 with 617 viewsPlums

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:03 - Oct 4 by NewcyBlue

That’s really not a joke mate.

Avoid rush hour traffic by not being in it.

Exactly. As the old saying goes ‘you’re not in traffic. You are traffic’. It’s entirely self-selecting.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:44 - Oct 4 with 604 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:27 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

Why are you going on the M4? I would have though A40, M40 and then M6 Toll was the better route.

SB

M6 will be misery past the toll aswell, if my fairly recent experience of driving to Liverpool on a Friday afternoon was anything to go by. Huge stretches of roadworks ongoing don’t help

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:08 - Oct 4 with 597 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 13:27 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

SB

I was trying to avoid central(ish) London.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:09 - Oct 4 with 596 viewswkj

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:08 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

I think you might go to Eastbourne.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:13 - Oct 4 with 599 viewsDyland

Pure Jerseys. You've still got it.

As others have pointed out, it's an impossible question.

Also, rush hour out of London on a Friday goes on for much longer than an hour. You're better off leaving after 7pm. Unless you aren't impatient and quite happy to sit in traffic listening the radio or chinwagging or whatever.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:21 - Oct 4 with 595 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:13 - Oct 4 by Dyland

Pure Jerseys. You've still got it.

As others have pointed out, it's an impossible question.

Also, rush hour out of London on a Friday goes on for much longer than an hour. You're better off leaving after 7pm. Unless you aren't impatient and quite happy to sit in traffic listening the radio or chinwagging or whatever.

To try and find a less painful way is a perfectly reasonable question. And I've had some good, helpful responses, so it wasn't an impossible question.

Login to get fewer ads

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:22 - Oct 4 with 586 viewsDyland

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:21 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

To try and find a less painful way is a perfectly reasonable question. And I've had some good, helpful responses, so it wasn't an impossible question.

Pray tell...?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:22 - Oct 4 with 585 viewsStokieBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:08 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

But to get on the M4 you need to go up the A3220 anyway which leads to the A40? Might as well stay on it and take the M40 which is usually a lot quieter than the M4 (which on the bit to the M25 is awful).

To be honest I would go the way you want though - I don't want to be PMed at midnight whilst your sat in traffic on the M40.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:25 - Oct 4 with 583 viewsfooters

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:21 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Stokie said somefing about having a sprinter in the car meaning you go quicker. Maybe drop by an athletics club before setting off?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:26 - Oct 4 with 576 viewswkj

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:25 - Oct 4 by footers

Stokie said somefing about having a sprinter in the car meaning you go quicker. Maybe drop by an athletics club before setting off?

He's in f*cking London

Crybaby

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:28 - Oct 4 with 571 viewsfooters

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:26 - Oct 4 by wkj

He's in f*cking London

Nine mile ,radius?

Fridge full of mince. Chili con carne.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:29 - Oct 4 with 570 viewsBrixtonBlue

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:22 - Oct 4 by StokieBlue

But to get on the M4 you need to go up the A3220 anyway which leads to the A40? Might as well stay on it and take the M40 which is usually a lot quieter than the M4 (which on the bit to the M25 is awful).

To be honest I would go the way you want though - I don't want to be PMed at midnight whilst your sat in traffic on the M40.

SB

I was thinking A3 then A205 to get to the M4.

Then again, after the A205 I could continue onto the A406, then A40...

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:45 - Oct 4 with 554 viewsBlueBoots

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:29 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

3 lots of roadworks on the M4 at the moment between Brentford and the M25...

So you can go M4 gambling that people will avoid it because of that, or A40 hoping it's not snarled up with people avoiding the M4...either way at 5pm on a Friday you're likely to be farked!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:45 - Oct 4 with 552 viewsbluelagos

If the train is too expensive, only way to beat the traffic is on 2 wheels. That said, you'd be getting drenched on the journey home Sunday.

You could try coach - won't be quicker but cheaper than the train for sure.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 14:46 - Oct 4 with 551 viewsDyland

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:29 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Er....

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 14:57 - Oct 4 with 542 viewsBrixtonBlue

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 14:46 - Oct 4 by Dyland

Er....

Just fook off Dyllers

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:57 - Oct 4 with 539 viewsITFC_Forever

Don't leave at 5.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 14:58 - Oct 4 with 535 viewsDyland

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 14:57 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Just fook off Dyllers

lol :) x

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 14:59 - Oct 4 with 534 viewsBrixtonBlue

Now thinking A205... A3220... A40

in all seriousness on 15:00 - Oct 4 with 533 viewsDyland

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 14:57 - Oct 4 by BrixtonBlue

Just fook off Dyllers

there is no way of avoiding heavy traffic. I lived off Brixton Hill for many years and drove out of town all the time. Either leave after 7pm earliest, or just suck it up and get some music on, smoke some tabs, and be patient.

Drive safe.

COYFB

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 15:03 - Oct 4 with 525 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Just fook off Dyllers

Bit harsh. You've come on asking how to avoid rush hour traffic in and around the capital at the busiest time of the week. People have given you the obvious answers.
The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 15:05 - Oct 4 with 521 viewswkj

The A205. At rush hour on Friday. And then the 406. on 15:03 - Oct 4 by NotMarcusEvans

Bit harsh. You've come on asking how to avoid rush hour traffic in and around the capital at the busiest time of the week. People have given you the obvious answers.

Why not give him a ride in your Not Helicopter?

Crybaby

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 15:11 - Oct 4 with 509 viewsjontysnut

Driving to Clithero from Brixton tonight, setting off around 5 on 12:22 - Oct 4 by BlueBadger

Leave later. You'll probably get there around the same time if you're doing it in lighter traffic than if you left in rush hour traffic.

If and when you do get there this is magnificent

https://www.holmesmill.co.uk/beer-hall/
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024