Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This is just embarrassing for us as a country 13:10 - Oct 8 with 6147 viewsDarth_Koont

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49970267

We're looking like childish idiots because our government is actually childish idiots.

Pronouns: He/Him

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:22 - Oct 8 with 5038 viewsSwansea_Blue

'Boris, where are you heading'.

Priorities:
1. Boris
2. Winning the next election
3. Satisfying carnal urges
4. Brexit

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:36 - Oct 8 with 4993 viewsitfcjoe

The Adam Fleming part of this is interesting - basically that the EU don't believe this is what Merkel would have said as is totally off message and that the UK 'leaking' this as part of a blame game

No-one really wants to comment directly on this phone call - certainly not Berlin. But talking to EU officials and diplomats in Brussels, there is considerable scepticism.

That's because the words attributed to Angela Merkel do not reflect the EU's agreed language.

For one, Mrs Merkel and the EU have repeatedly said they will keep talking to the last second and will not pull the plug before that.

And secondly, the No 10 source claims the EU wants to keep Northern Ireland permanently "trapped" in the customs union - Brussels insists it doesn't want that at all, it just wants the option for Northern Ireland stay inside temporarily until something else is worked out.

So as I say, scepticism. It could be a misinterpretation or it could be a deliberate bit of spin, because we're now entering into a blame game about whose fault it is that progress isn't being made.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:39 - Oct 8 with 4970 viewshampstead_blue

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:36 - Oct 8 by itfcjoe

The Adam Fleming part of this is interesting - basically that the EU don't believe this is what Merkel would have said as is totally off message and that the UK 'leaking' this as part of a blame game

No-one really wants to comment directly on this phone call - certainly not Berlin. But talking to EU officials and diplomats in Brussels, there is considerable scepticism.

That's because the words attributed to Angela Merkel do not reflect the EU's agreed language.

For one, Mrs Merkel and the EU have repeatedly said they will keep talking to the last second and will not pull the plug before that.

And secondly, the No 10 source claims the EU wants to keep Northern Ireland permanently "trapped" in the customs union - Brussels insists it doesn't want that at all, it just wants the option for Northern Ireland stay inside temporarily until something else is worked out.

So as I say, scepticism. It could be a misinterpretation or it could be a deliberate bit of spin, because we're now entering into a blame game about whose fault it is that progress isn't being made.

it's all rather sordid and petty now.

Let's just get it done (said the patient to the dentist)...........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:41 - Oct 8 with 4954 viewsnoggin

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:39 - Oct 8 by hampstead_blue

Get what done?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:44 - Oct 8 with 4951 viewsFixed_It

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:41 - Oct 8 by noggin

Get what done?

It.

Apparently it's that simple. As are most of the people advocating it... ;)

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:44 - Oct 8 with 4954 viewsGuthrum

Farage: 'Mr Tusk is right – the future of the EU is at stake. The sooner this monstrous project is killed off, the better. A Europe of peaceful, democratic nations will be far better.'

So when has a Europe of individual nations (democratic or otherwise) ever been peaceful?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:44 - Oct 8 with 4943 viewsitfcjoe

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:39 - Oct 8 by hampstead_blue

Revoke Article 50, call a General Election, get on with it.

Sticking to this new arbitrary date is pointless and driving this - if the masterminds behind Vote leave are in Government with a working majority they should be able to conclude the easiest trade deals in history and have us leave in an orderly fashion after implementing A50 at a time of their choosing. They'd have a 5 year term and we'd be out by the middle of it with a further 2 years to bring in their policieis and stand for re-election

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:47 - Oct 8 with 4937 viewsHalf_Idiot

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:41 - Oct 8 by noggin

Get what done?

I keep seeing and hearing people say "just get it done" but they don't know what IT is other than "Brexit".

It's infuriating, nobody knows what it is they want, they just want it now.
Login to get fewer ads

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:54 - Oct 8 with 4906 viewsjeera

^ Typical Average 'Outer' comment ^

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:05 - Oct 8 with 4865 viewsBackToRussia

He says parroting the line of the most sordid and petty individual going.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:05 - Oct 8 with 4863 viewsActionMan

Moreso than the Iraq war?
This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:15 - Oct 8 with 4830 viewsnoggin

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:05 - Oct 8 by ActionMan

What has that got to do with anything?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:16 - Oct 8 with 4826 viewsDarth_Koont

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:44 - Oct 8 by Guthrum

Farage: 'Mr Tusk is right – the future of the EU is at stake. The sooner this monstrous project is killed off, the better. A Europe of peaceful, democratic nations will be far better.'

So when has a Europe of individual nations (democratic or otherwise) ever been peaceful?

Farage is ignorant, disingenuous or, most likely, a truly dangerous combination of the two.

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:19 - Oct 8 with 4811 viewsDarth_Koont

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:05 - Oct 8 by ActionMan

No, this is definitely more embarrassing.

But if we're playing Political Top Trumps, Iraq and Brexit are equally disturbing.

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:29 - Oct 8 with 4780 viewsSwansea_Blue

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:47 - Oct 8 by Half_Idiot

I keep seeing and hearing people say "just get it done" but they don't know what IT is other than "Brexit".

We did this 2 years ago. Brexit means Brexit!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 14:41 - Oct 8 with 4756 viewsDubtractor

You're part of the problem.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 15:10 - Oct 8 with 4702 viewsRadlett_blue

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:47 - Oct 8 by Half_Idiot

"I do not want what I have not got".

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 17:16 - Oct 8 with 4605 viewsfactual_blue

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:44 - Oct 8 by Guthrum

Errr... Europe peaceful at the moment, and has been throughout the entire period of the existence of the EU and its predecessors.

The only other long period of peace across Europe was during the so-called 'Concert of Europe' of 1815-1914, although that slowly became eroded, and ultimately, by the militaristic unification of Germany under Prussian leadership.

farage is an ignorant golf club bore.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 17:21 - Oct 8 with 4581 viewscaught-in-limbo

Let me guess... Brexit isn't going to happen?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 17:25 - Oct 8 with 4571 viewsmrshallisfit

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 13:44 - Oct 8 by Fixed_It

It.

Apparently it's that simple. As are most of the people advocating it... ;)

This
This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 18:15 - Oct 8 with 4523 viewsDubtractor

It gets worse. This is pretty disgusting.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 18:21 - Oct 8 with 4506 viewswkj

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 18:15 - Oct 8 by Dubtractor

It gets worse. This is pretty disgusting.

Yes, we're not exactly doing ourselves any favours setting the stage for constructive post withdrawal negotiations. However, we must remember that racism and xenophobia in this context is acceptable because Merkel is white, or something.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 18:53 - Oct 8 with 4470 viewsTrequartista

The people don't appear to feel embarrassed though.

https://www.opinium.co.uk/political-polling-3rd-october-2019/

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 18:54 - Oct 8 with 4462 viewswkj

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 18:53 - Oct 8 by Trequartista

Feeling embarrassed it not possible when you're hopped up on opium.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 19:00 - Oct 8 with 4442 viewsfooters

This is just embarrassing for us as a country on 18:53 - Oct 8 by Trequartista

You get what you vote for! And the telling it like it is brigade will get it both barrels ;)

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024