Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been 07:45 - Oct 27 with 5194 viewsitfc_bucks

That we've had Aaron Cresswell and now Tyrone Mings leave us and find their way to the England squad, Adam Webster being hyped up as the next one to make that leap, Didz go and play well and regularly in the prem, Connor Hourihane do the same.

Genuinely seething at the sheer scale of the talent squandered at PR over the past 10 years or so. I really hope we've stopped the rot now, as I can easily see Flynn and Woolfy being at that level in the next few years, whether with us or not.
It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 10:15 - Oct 27 with 1349 viewsBluefish

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 10:14 - Oct 27 by Herbivore

We did have Mings before selling Cresswell in fairness.

Yes and he only cost 10k so that wasn't the point, the point was his development

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 10:19 - Oct 27 with 1348 viewsRyorry

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 07:51 - Oct 27 by MVBlue

Athough thats always been the case for us in my supporting days.
Darren Bent, Richard Wright, Kieron Dyer all went on to have roles for England after leaving us to those ‘bigger’ clubs playing at the top level.

Although I do remember Kieron Dyers TWTD piece where he wrote of his first call up for England with us, talking about asking for Baby Spices number of a team mate.

We just need to always reinvest wisely.

It was losing David Wright (was that down to Roy Scheme?) and not replacing him with anyone halfway decent for about 10 years that always rankled most with me. The others were kinda understandable for their various reasons.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 15:53 - Oct 27 with 1290 viewsSomethingBlue

The Cresswell and Mings ones, on their own, are signs of good management aren't they?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 16:01 - Oct 27 with 1288 viewsNo9

Part of the downside of supporting a team with limited finances
It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 16:06 - Oct 27 with 1279 viewsmonty_radio

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 09:24 - Oct 27 by Pinewoodblue

Muhren , Brazil, Talbot !!!

Not sure why you've cited these as they're not similar or especially typical.

Muhren was 31 and we were just staring the slow slide down, while he had a couple of good year's of a Man Utd payday. Brazil was young, but also sold at the start of the slide when 9th was our last hurrah, and his subsequent career was injury-plagued. Talbot was in his prime and went on to 250 Arsenal appearances, but his sale paved the way for the two Dutch maestros
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 20:14]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 17:29 - Oct 27 with 1255 viewssolemio

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 16:06 - Oct 27 by monty_radio

Not sure why you've cited these as they're not similar or especially typical.

Muhren was 31 and we were just staring the slow slide down, while he had a couple of good year's of a Man Utd payday. Brazil was young, but also sold at the start of the slide when 9th was our last hurrah, and his subsequent career was injury-plagued. Talbot was in his prime and went on to 250 Arsenal appearances, but his sale paved the way for the two Dutch maestros
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 20:14]

Yes, but Arnaldus Hyacinthus did go on to win the Cup Winners Cup and also be a beaten finalist.

Not to mention being a member of the Dutch team that won the European Championships. So I won't.
It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 20:22 - Oct 27 with 1215 viewsmonty_radio

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 17:29 - Oct 27 by solemio

Yes, but Arnaldus Hyacinthus did go on to win the Cup Winners Cup and also be a beaten finalist.

Not to mention being a member of the Dutch team that won the European Championships. So I won't.

None of which he would probably have achieved had he stuck with us and found himself playing regularly alongside such as Mich D'avray, Irving Gernon and Alan Sunderland.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 20:31 - Oct 27 with 1207 viewsDeano69

Imagine the size of the debt had we not sold them. Now that would be mismanagement.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 08:30 - Oct 28 with 1155 viewsTerry_Nutkins

This is a slightly strange post. I think the only one that there could be a case for his management was McGoldrick but it was actually not unreasonable to release him.at the time though I would have kept him.

Cresswell and Mings were quite the opposite. They were superb bits and were managed well and made the club a big profit. We are a champ club and they had big offers mives. It's justbreality. Connor was just, like loads of youths, nott able to make breakthrough here. It happens for every club every season..if he stayed the chances are he would have struggled to become player he is.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 09:14 - Oct 28 with 1142 viewsBluefish

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 08:30 - Oct 28 by Terry_Nutkins

This is a slightly strange post. I think the only one that there could be a case for his management was McGoldrick but it was actually not unreasonable to release him.at the time though I would have kept him.

Cresswell and Mings were quite the opposite. They were superb bits and were managed well and made the club a big profit. We are a champ club and they had big offers mives. It's justbreality. Connor was just, like loads of youths, nott able to make breakthrough here. It happens for every club every season..if he stayed the chances are he would have struggled to become player he is.

McGoldrick was out of contract and wanted to leave, we had no choice in the matter.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 09:29 - Oct 28 with 1133 viewsitfcjoe

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 08:08 - Oct 27 by TractorWood

We got robbed on Cresswell.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 8:08]

I don't think we did - also McCarthy confirmed that the only team in for him were Fulham who were in the Championship and he managed to get on the phone to Allardyce to persuade him to take a chance on Cresswell.

When a player is in that little demand then you won't get a good fee

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 09:32 - Oct 28 with 1124 viewsHerbivore

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 09:29 - Oct 28 by itfcjoe

I don't think we did - also McCarthy confirmed that the only team in for him were Fulham who were in the Championship and he managed to get on the phone to Allardyce to persuade him to take a chance on Cresswell.

When a player is in that little demand then you won't get a good fee

With all the add ons I'm pretty sure I read we got over £6m for him which is/was very good money.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

It really is a sign of how mismanaged we've been on 11:59 - Oct 28 with 1087 viewsCaptMickMills

Obtaining players who can be sold on at massive profit is not being mismanaged.

Better if they could have stayed in a successful team but if not a premier league club it is vital to sell players to balance books.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024