Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. 06:58 - Oct 31 with 7889 viewshampstead_blue

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50242841

The other two got a fine but Keogh got the bus.
No doubt he'll appeal as he's lost >£1m

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 12:31 - Oct 31 with 2513 viewsSwansea_Blue

So the two law breakers, including the person who caused his probable career-ending injury, get a six week fine and he gets the sack. He was a bit of a d1ck to go on a bender mid season, but I hope he sues the hell out of all of them. He’s obviously been scapegoated.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:21 - Oct 31 with 2438 viewsSpruceMoose

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 11:54 - Oct 31 by StokieBlue

You're putting a lot of faith in Derby there.

We will see.

SB

Especially as Derby seem to take the approach in everything that they do that rules and decency don't apply. They bank that nobody will actually call them out. They're the Trump of the footballing world.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:51 - Oct 31 with 2409 viewspimballwizard

Ref BBC website.. That's Wally Boys half brother !
Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 15:11 - Oct 31 with 2356 viewsTractorWood

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 07:44 - Oct 31 by Meadowlark

Would it make them a better club if they sacked all three? Just wondering?

The other two certainly should have gone. Keogh has been rigged.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 16:30 - Oct 31 with 2306 viewsAlexGreen

I can't believe the BBC article didn't mention that Keogh was once a ball-boy at Ipswich!

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 16:38 - Oct 31 with 2296 viewsstrikalite

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 16:30 - Oct 31 by AlexGreen

I can't believe the BBC article didn't mention that Keogh was once a ball-boy at Ipswich!

I'd be happy for his return, if You want leaders on the pitch then he's certainly that and would add some strength to our defence..
Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 18:52 - Oct 31 with 2258 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 11:07 - Oct 31 by rickw

I can't see this being upheld, if it goes to tribunal then his lawyer would just use the other 2 as examples and say it's age discrimination

I think it will, I’m sure they’ve taken advice and the crux of it will be the other 2 (plus the unnamed other) are fit to work.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 12:47 - Nov 1 with 2153 viewsBryanPlug

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 16:38 - Oct 31 by strikalite

I'd be happy for his return, if You want leaders on the pitch then he's certainly that and would add some strength to our defence..

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Login to get fewer ads

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:49 - Nov 1 with 2120 viewsagentp

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 07:10 - Oct 31 by BloomBlue

I don't understand how he gets sacked and the other two are only fined, he was a passenger they were driving

He was the club captain and jumped in the back seat of a car with two pi55ed up younger players. A club captain should be dragging them away from the car, laying into them and chucking them in taxi. He is no better than the others - worse in my book.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:52 - Nov 1 with 2106 viewsBigManBlue

No problem with him being fired, but if it was really about morals/setting an example (rather than, I suspect, resale value) all three would be out the door.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2019 13:52]

Poll: If Bart stays, who's no. 1?

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 18:08 - Nov 3 with 1948 viewsTheBoyBlue

Odd that he was the only one dealt with in this way. Unless it caused less harm to their squad to lose someone they wouldn't have for months anyway and is late in his career, but I'm sure that never crossed Derby's minds...

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:25 - Nov 5 with 1830 viewsBergholtblue

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 09:45 - Oct 31 by JammyDodgerrr

Plus the club don't have to pay his medical bills as he is out for at least 15 months.

Doesn't Derby have a duty of care to see that he gets fit like we do with Grant Ward?

Poll: Adidas or Umbro?

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:27 - Nov 5 with 1825 viewsHerbivore

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:25 - Nov 5 by Bergholtblue

Doesn't Derby have a duty of care to see that he gets fit like we do with Grant Ward?

Not sure whether they do given the injury was nothing to do with football.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:36 - Nov 5 with 1801 viewsuefacup81

Maybe Derby expect to lose the case?

Legal costs would come out of a completely separate budget to wages, and therefore he salary wouldn't count towards FFP given that it would end up being paid in the form of compensation.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:42 - Nov 5 with 1787 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 13:36 - Nov 5 by uefacup81

Maybe Derby expect to lose the case?

Legal costs would come out of a completely separate budget to wages, and therefore he salary wouldn't count towards FFP given that it would end up being paid in the form of compensation.

Good point.

£1m saved in wages against FFP, whilst they could end up paying £500k costs and £1m compensation for lost wages, which probably doesn't come under FFP!

Meaning they could be happy to throw more money at it if it frees up £1m for wages as opposed to spending it on a player who can't play this season.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 18:13 - Nov 5 with 1711 viewsBloomBlue

Keogh sacked.....and doesn't he look old. on 11:59 - Oct 31 by WD19

Odds are that the whole thing will get settled out of court in a way that costs Derby less money than paying his full wages for the next 15 months....

But it still stinks the place out. Not that I have any sympathy whatsoever for Keogh.

Lots of clubs watching hopeful it will go to court and Derby win as it will give options for clubs to kick out under performing players on long expensive contracts with no market value, kick them out on gross misconduct. Apparently clubs have tried it before and never got anyway so lots hopeful Deby dont settle out of court.

Although based on the info in the public domain not sure how Derby can win looks more like they discriminated against Keogh
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024