Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares 17:33 - Nov 9 with 38404 viewsBlueJudge

Yes, we support the incessant singing, possibly even the drummer. But if you want to win hearts and minds, leave the flares at home. Distance yourself from those that would taint what you are achieving.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:30 - Nov 10 with 3148 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:27 - Nov 10 by Reuser_is_God

No, I’d rather the SBRL just have people in their that want to make a racket.

Anyone not interested in doing so can go sit elsewhere in the ground with fellow coffee slurpers.

The quality of the north has been massively dilouted over the last 20 years as the club did less and less to attract a new generation of fans. Great to see them coming back now, unfortunately the grey hair brigade need to get with the times. Piss off to the churchman's and take your Bovril and sensitivity to blue smoke and loud singing with you.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:30 - Nov 10 with 3145 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:28 - Nov 10 by town8710

What i don't get it is how so many of you keyboard warriors on here want to drain the life out of anything or anyone trying to improve what can only be described as one of the worst atmospheres in the football league the past few years or so... blue action is superb and a great asset to the club. A lot of away fans saying how much more noise there was compared to other visits..

I’m not complaining about the noise, I was stood in section 5 and joining in along with my 15 year old, what I and others take a dislike to is the flares, there is no need and i am yet to hear anyone explain to me how letting off a blue smoke bomb “adds to the atmosphere “

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:30 - Nov 10 with 3145 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:28 - Nov 10 by town8710

What i don't get it is how so many of you keyboard warriors on here want to drain the life out of anything or anyone trying to improve what can only be described as one of the worst atmospheres in the football league the past few years or so... blue action is superb and a great asset to the club. A lot of away fans saying how much more noise there was compared to other visits..

Did they mention the 'flairs' or just the noise? Asking for a friend on how flares are relevant.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:33 - Nov 10 with 3132 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:30 - Nov 10 by Ely_Blue

I’m not complaining about the noise, I was stood in section 5 and joining in along with my 15 year old, what I and others take a dislike to is the flares, there is no need and i am yet to hear anyone explain to me how letting off a blue smoke bomb “adds to the atmosphere “

That's because it needs no explanation, you just don't get it.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:37 - Nov 10 with 3120 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:33 - Nov 10 by SouperJim

That's because it needs no explanation, you just don't get it.

Enough said, you can’t explain it so you try to turn the tables......
I see what you did there.

Try again

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:37 - Nov 10 with 3120 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:24 - Nov 10 by blueislander

Legality is bullsh-t There’s a thought.

Some people obviously can't even be a*d to spend a couple of minutes glancing at the links I posted, because if they did and had a shred of intelligence or care for other people, they'd immediately change their mind about wanting flares/smoke bombs at football grounds upon seeing the horrific, life-changing injuries and/or damage to health that can be caused. Including their own. Not surprised therefore that they think such things as "legality is bullsh1t".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:40 - Nov 10 with 3115 viewsjeera

I really wish, of all days, that people were not arguing today.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:46 - Nov 10 with 3103 viewsMelford

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:22 - Nov 10 by SouperJim

I have asthma, I stand in section 5 and smoke bombs don't bother me at all. All this talk of safety, legality etc is just bullsh!t. The sooner those who want to watch football in a library piss off to other parts of the ground, the better.

Two of us with asthma who don't mind the old bit of pyro. If they were letting them off in the Co-Op or Sir Alf then they would have a point but this is NS lower and it's different to the rest of the ground, it's pretty much safe standing and it is a bit more boisterous. There's 3 and a half stands to go and sit in if it bothers you that much. It's like going to a gig and standing in the moshpit and complaining afterwards that you couldn't see anything because people kept jumping around and banging into me.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:47 - Nov 10 with 3099 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:40 - Nov 10 by jeera

I really wish, of all days, that people were not arguing today.

Oh Jeera, you are so right

But, just to argue with myself slightly - at least we have the freedom to do so without coming to actual physical blows!

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:48 - Nov 10 with 3089 viewsMelford

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:30 - Nov 10 by NotMarcusEvans

Did they mention the 'flairs' or just the noise? Asking for a friend on how flares are relevant.

Norwood has to do this after one of his goals. I do like a good Ric Flair WOOOO!

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:51 - Nov 10 with 3078 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:46 - Nov 10 by Melford

Two of us with asthma who don't mind the old bit of pyro. If they were letting them off in the Co-Op or Sir Alf then they would have a point but this is NS lower and it's different to the rest of the ground, it's pretty much safe standing and it is a bit more boisterous. There's 3 and a half stands to go and sit in if it bothers you that much. It's like going to a gig and standing in the moshpit and complaining afterwards that you couldn't see anything because people kept jumping around and banging into me.

You need to consider that smoke drifts, sometimes unpredictably in variable winds and with various ground configurations.

Not to mention all the toxic chemicals in fireworks that can cause other health problems, eye injuries, intense heat injuries, fire etc.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:52 - Nov 10 with 3076 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:37 - Nov 10 by Ely_Blue

Enough said, you can’t explain it so you try to turn the tables......
I see what you did there.

Try again

Oh I thought you were just being obtuse rather than slow.

1) Look up the definition of the word "atmosphere"

2) Consider how other crowd behaviours at football such as singing and waving of flags generate atmosphere

I'm sure you'll get there eventually...

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:59 - Nov 10 with 3065 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:52 - Nov 10 by SouperJim

Oh I thought you were just being obtuse rather than slow.

1) Look up the definition of the word "atmosphere"

2) Consider how other crowd behaviours at football such as singing and waving of flags generate atmosphere

I'm sure you'll get there eventually...

What an utter idiotic moron you really are, if you can’t see that there is no place at a football match for smoke bombs and that they are obviously illegal for a reason then there really is no hope.

Atmosphere at a football match for me means singing chanting, banter with opposing fans and you’ll never believe it but actually watching the game. I have no idea what additional atmosphere some ladz setting of a smoke bomb does to enhance the atmosphere. Maybe it’s just some sort of bantz innit

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/pdf/the-fa-2013-14/pyro-facts.ashx?la=en

I’m sure some of the people involved in the instances in this file were happy to be part of the “atmosphere”

Still you carry on saying it’s ok
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 22:06]

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:16 - Nov 10 with 3039 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:59 - Nov 10 by Ely_Blue

What an utter idiotic moron you really are, if you can’t see that there is no place at a football match for smoke bombs and that they are obviously illegal for a reason then there really is no hope.

Atmosphere at a football match for me means singing chanting, banter with opposing fans and you’ll never believe it but actually watching the game. I have no idea what additional atmosphere some ladz setting of a smoke bomb does to enhance the atmosphere. Maybe it’s just some sort of bantz innit

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/pdf/the-fa-2013-14/pyro-facts.ashx?la=en

I’m sure some of the people involved in the instances in this file were happy to be part of the “atmosphere”

Still you carry on saying it’s ok
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 22:06]

Gotcha. I don't give a monkeys what it means to you, you're a melt. I like them and I absolutely guarantee this won't be the last time this season someone let's one off in the north stand. You can get all wound up about it next time too. If it bothers you so much, move to a different stand.

Btw, smoke bombs aren't dangerous. Feel free to post some more links tho.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:17 - Nov 10 with 3033 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:16 - Nov 10 by SouperJim

Gotcha. I don't give a monkeys what it means to you, you're a melt. I like them and I absolutely guarantee this won't be the last time this season someone let's one off in the north stand. You can get all wound up about it next time too. If it bothers you so much, move to a different stand.

Btw, smoke bombs aren't dangerous. Feel free to post some more links tho.

Only 1 melt around here and that’s you

And seeing as you love them so much I hope that you get injured or end up suffering because of one!

Let’s see how much you like them then!

Let’s see how much people still like them when the club review the cctv footage from the SBRL from yesterday and the “fans” involved get their banning orders!

I’m sure that smoke bombs won’t be such a good addition to the atmosphere then!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 22:21]

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:24 - Nov 10 with 3021 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:17 - Nov 10 by Ely_Blue

Only 1 melt around here and that’s you

And seeing as you love them so much I hope that you get injured or end up suffering because of one!

Let’s see how much you like them then!

Let’s see how much people still like them when the club review the cctv footage from the SBRL from yesterday and the “fans” involved get their banning orders!

I’m sure that smoke bombs won’t be such a good addition to the atmosphere then!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 22:21]

That's incredibly incredibly unlikely to happen melty old son. There's far more chance of being injured driving to or from the game. I'll take the risk in order to enjoy a better atmosphere.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:45 - Nov 10 with 2970 viewsPinewoodblue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:24 - Nov 10 by SouperJim

That's incredibly incredibly unlikely to happen melty old son. There's far more chance of being injured driving to or from the game. I'll take the risk in order to enjoy a better atmosphere.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/alisongurden.blog/2013/02/26/smoke-bombs-flares-and

You are entitled to your opinion on whether smoke bombs àre dangerous but that really. Isn't the issue. It is against the law and anyoñe found guilty faces a hefty fine, a football banning order and a prison sentence,should the courts choose to impose one.

Do we really want any town fans to be made an example of. The club can't keep looking the other way they will be under pressure from the EFL. Who presumably have the power to close SBRL for a match or more.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:08 - Nov 11 with 2892 viewsBogblue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:24 - Nov 10 by SouperJim

Even less atmosphere in a prison cell or sat away from the ground for 3 years listening to radio suffolk though tbf. Careful what you say next because your posts on here could be traced
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:48 - Nov 11 with 2798 viewsSouperJim

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:08 - Nov 11 by Bogblue

Even less atmosphere in a prison cell or sat away from the ground for 3 years listening to radio suffolk though tbf. Careful what you say next because your posts on here could be traced

Oh no, the club are going to trace my TWTD account because I'm in favour of smoke bombs?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:23 - Nov 11 with 2773 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:48 - Nov 11 by SouperJim

Oh no, the club are going to trace my TWTD account because I'm in favour of smoke bombs?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:33 - Nov 11 with 2764 viewsSwailsey

Glad to see people taking admin's requests to be nicer to each other on board.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:37 - Nov 11 with 2757 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:33 - Nov 11 by Swailsey

We're a cross-section of society etc. etc. so some are gonna be a helluva lot nicer than others (or something) I guess :/

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:51 - Nov 11 with 2730 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:33 - Nov 11 by Swailsey

I’m more concerned with those who are blatantly advocating that the law is broken in an area with very good cctv coverage, I bet the likes of those advocating this wouldn’t be the ones partaking themselves!

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:52 - Nov 11 with 2725 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:51 - Nov 11 by Ely_Blue

I’m more concerned with those who are blatantly advocating that the law is broken in an area with very good cctv coverage, I bet the likes of those advocating this wouldn’t be the ones partaking themselves!

I very much doubt that all the smoke bombs let of in the SBRL have resulted in a ban.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:14 - Nov 11 with 2707 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:52 - Nov 11 by Reuser_is_God

I very much doubt that all the smoke bombs let of in the SBRL have resulted in a ban.

And this is the problem, if the club/authorities banned only 1 person then surely it would put an end to the nonsense once and for all? A zero tolerance policy would surely work?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024