Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares 17:33 - Nov 9 with 38092 viewsBlueJudge

Yes, we support the incessant singing, possibly even the drummer. But if you want to win hearts and minds, leave the flares at home. Distance yourself from those that would taint what you are achieving.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:33 - Nov 10 with 4177 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:23 - Nov 10 by lambo77

how old are you? you think no-one should ever be allowed to take a break for a pi$$ or drink or bite to eat once they enter a discussion on the forum? He had a cup of tea, came back and answered the question in full, having before that answered many other questions at length over a couple of hours.

if you still say you're right on the point after reading the above, i'll just point out you took over 8 hours to reply to me, so by your own reasoning you too ran away

You're talking about one incident. I'm talking about something that happens time and time again with her.

Why are you so desperate to defend her anyway? It's not the end of the world fella.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:38 - Nov 10 with 4185 viewslambo77

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:33 - Nov 10 by BrixtonBlue

You're talking about one incident. I'm talking about something that happens time and time again with her.

Why are you so desperate to defend her anyway? It's not the end of the world fella.

yes, I saw the incident friday afternoon where you thought she should have stayd to answer you instead of going to get food from a supermarket and walk her dog before darkness

you're making yourself look ridiculous, but hey if it helps romford win his bet, no sweat!
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:46 - Nov 10 with 4156 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

I'm going to take the 6/4 and give Dolly a little back hander!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:49 - Nov 10 with 4129 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:38 - Nov 10 by lambo77

yes, I saw the incident friday afternoon where you thought she should have stayd to answer you instead of going to get food from a supermarket and walk her dog before darkness

you're making yourself look ridiculous, but hey if it helps romford win his bet, no sweat!

So now you're counting TWO incidents. Well done. I'm talking about lots more.

Again, why do you care so much?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:57 - Nov 10 with 4146 viewsNotMarcusEvans

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:46 - Nov 10 by BanksterDebtSlave

I'm going to take the 6/4 and give Dolly a little back hander!

Dolly's on fire! No issue too small, no argument too niche!

I bet he has a very strong opinion on quiche if you ask nicely.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:00 - Nov 10 with 4108 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:57 - Nov 10 by NotMarcusEvans

Dolly's on fire! No issue too small, no argument too niche!

I bet he has a very strong opinion on quiche if you ask nicely.

I love a quiche.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:25 - Nov 10 with 4116 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 09:29 - Nov 10 by Mullet

Two things if I may:

1) Blue Action are not responsible for people's behaviour, not security in the stadium. So unless you want them to have unlawful pat down powers the slating they got here is a bit sh1tty.

It was a mixed seating game, whose to say it wasn't some keen little fella sitting in the North for once thinking he was the dogs?

2) Someone let one off at Derby a while back. I spoke to a mate who was really angry. Had to spend ages with a scarf over his face, said it was giving him hassle for hours after. That's not really fair is it?

I don't really get them or the desire to copy what goes on in Europe exactly. Given how they do pyro it's a bit like BA making a tifo on A3 paper and passing it around. But I think I associated them with the cheesy 90's firework entrances of the a la Gladiators and that's probably why.

Having watched about 3 hrs of fireworks throughout the Rochdale game, I'm not sure all that stuff really fits well with football any way.

Funny how he was sat in as close proximity to the blue action guys as at Southend 2 weeks ago? A coincidence, maybe the same “little fella” chose to sit with them for 2 games running?

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:37 - Nov 10 with 4097 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:23 - Nov 10 by lambo77

how old are you? you think no-one should ever be allowed to take a break for a pi$$ or drink or bite to eat once they enter a discussion on the forum? He had a cup of tea, came back and answered the question in full, having before that answered many other questions at length over a couple of hours.

if you still say you're right on the point after reading the above, i'll just point out you took over 8 hours to reply to me, so by your own reasoning you too ran away

I was going to insult him by describing him as a child, but then realised that'd be wrong of me - because I actually encounter in real life, 7-10 year olds who regularly show more maturity and less selfishness than him!

Apparently I should never leave the forum to do anything in real life even if I've spent the previous 3 hours on here answering his interminably stupid questions, even tho he obviously considers he himself should be free to come & go for hours whenever he pleases.

I've never run away from anything on here. People can check my posting history for themselves if they want.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:43 - Nov 10 with 4095 viewsLord_Lucan

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

Yawn. I hope you don't fall over putting your underpants on.

Pyrotechnics are my area of expertise Dolly. The asthma points raised are nonsensical as the chemical composition of a flare or smoke are extremely unlikely to result in an asthma attack.

The arguments are similar to dog owners campaigning for a ban on fireworks. Firework injuries are tiny and most of them are caused by sparklers whereas dogs on average kill four humans a year (usually kids) and dogs also kill 64'000 other dogs a year.

An asthma sufferer is more likely to have an attack by walking into a room with a dog or cat in it but hey ho.

Of course pyrotechnic devices are banned from sporting arenas but that is a different subject and it is down to the individual to make that choice of whether to get his or her collar felt.

I think this thread highlights what a load of complete melts some people are IMHO.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:44 - Nov 10 with 4086 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 09:34 - Nov 10 by Pinewoodblue

Well said. The original post was an unjustified dig at BA.

I agree, unfair to level the accusation at Blue Action, who do a brilliant job in my view.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:54 - Nov 10 with 4064 viewsReuser_is_God

Smoke bombs are brilliant, in an ideal world they would be even more frequent in the SBRL.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:59 - Nov 10 with 4049 viewsMeadowlark

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 17:40 - Nov 9 by BlueJudge

I don’t believe either are permitted. I do not know the difference. Nor should I have to. I was not distressed, but plenty around me were. I do not want Blue Action’s good work to be turned on it’s head.

its
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:15 - Nov 10 with 4019 viewsBryanPlug

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:00 - Nov 10 by BrixtonBlue

I love a quiche.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:20 - Nov 10 with 4006 viewsBluearmy71

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:17 - Nov 9 by Dyland

Only in the same way there's a difference between mandy and pills ;)

LMAO, best comment in this thread!!
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:32 - Nov 10 with 3977 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:43 - Nov 10 by Lord_Lucan

Pyrotechnics are my area of expertise Dolly. The asthma points raised are nonsensical as the chemical composition of a flare or smoke are extremely unlikely to result in an asthma attack.

The arguments are similar to dog owners campaigning for a ban on fireworks. Firework injuries are tiny and most of them are caused by sparklers whereas dogs on average kill four humans a year (usually kids) and dogs also kill 64'000 other dogs a year.

An asthma sufferer is more likely to have an attack by walking into a room with a dog or cat in it but hey ho.

Of course pyrotechnic devices are banned from sporting arenas but that is a different subject and it is down to the individual to make that choice of whether to get his or her collar felt.

I think this thread highlights what a load of complete melts some people are IMHO.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/11/101116111715.htm

"The metallic particles in the smoke emitted by fireworks pose a health risk, particularly to people who suffer from asthma. This is the conclusion of a study led by researchers from the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA-CSIC).

"The toxicological research has shown that many of the metallic particles in the smoke from fireworks are bio-reactive and can affect human health," Teresa Moreno, a researcher from the IDAEA (CSIC) and lead author of a study that has been published this week in the Journal of Hazardous Materials, said.

The different colours and effects produced in these displays are achieved by adding metals to the gunpowder. When a pyrotechnic display takes place it releases a lot of smoke, liberating minute metallic particles (of a few microns in size, or even less), which are small enough to be inhaled deeply into the lungs.

"This poses a risk to health, and the effects are probably more acute in people with a background of asthma or cardiovascular problems," Moreno explains. "The effects in healthy people are still unknown, but common sense tells us it cannot be good to inhale the high levels of metallic particles in this smoke, even if this only happens a few times a year."

https://www.terrapass.com/fireworks-impact-environment

"Fireworks cause extensive air pollution in a short amount of time, leaving metal particles, dangerous toxins, harmful chemicals and smoke in the air for hours and days. Some of the toxins never fully decompose or disintegrate, but rather hang around in the environment, poisoning all they come into contact with. Exposure to fine particles, like those found in smoke and haze, is linked to negative health implications, such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma attacks and even heart attacks, according to the EPA. People at greatest risk for problems are those with heart or lung disease, older adults and children."

http://www.backcountryattitude.com/toxic_fireworks.html#Toxic-Elements

https://asthma.net/living/fireworks-and-asthma-2/
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 12:40]

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:36 - Nov 10 with 3966 viewsLord_Lucan

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:32 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

"The metallic particles in the smoke emitted by fireworks pose a health risk, particularly to people who suffer from asthma. This is the conclusion of a study led by researchers from the Institute of Environmental Assessment and Water Research (IDAEA-CSIC).

"The toxicological research has shown that many of the metallic particles in the smoke from fireworks are bio-reactive and can affect human health," Teresa Moreno, a researcher from the IDAEA (CSIC) and lead author of a study that has been published this week in the Journal of Hazardous Materials, said.

The different colours and effects produced in these displays are achieved by adding metals to the gunpowder. When a pyrotechnic display takes place it releases a lot of smoke, liberating minute metallic particles (of a few microns in size, or even less), which are small enough to be inhaled deeply into the lungs.

"This poses a risk to health, and the effects are probably more acute in people with a background of asthma or cardiovascular problems," Moreno explains. "The effects in healthy people are still unknown, but common sense tells us it cannot be good to inhale the high levels of metallic particles in this smoke, even if this only happens a few times a year."

"Fireworks cause extensive air pollution in a short amount of time, leaving metal particles, dangerous toxins, harmful chemicals and smoke in the air for hours and days. Some of the toxins never fully decompose or disintegrate, but rather hang around in the environment, poisoning all they come into contact with. Exposure to fine particles, like those found in smoke and haze, is linked to negative health implications, such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma attacks and even heart attacks, according to the EPA. People at greatest risk for problems are those with heart or lung disease, older adults and children."

“There are three types of lies — lies, damn lies, and statistics.” — Benjamin Disraeli

Knock yourself out, I'm not talking to you. Go away.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:46 - Nov 10 with 3937 viewsBryanPlug

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:32 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:49 - Nov 10 with 3929 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:36 - Nov 10 by Lord_Lucan

“There are three types of lies — lies, damn lies, and statistics.” — Benjamin Disraeli

Knock yourself out, I'm not talking to you. Go away.

Your "area of expertise" may be fireworks, but it certainly isn't medicine, and people are entitled to read articles written by doctors and scientists whose "area of expertise" it actually is.

You chose to talk to me, I just posted a series of links for people to read if they want. Perfectly happy for you not to talk to me again, lord knows I've asked you to put me on ignore often enough!

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:57 - Nov 10 with 3914 viewsLord_Lucan

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:49 - Nov 10 by Ryorry

Your "area of expertise" may be fireworks, but it certainly isn't medicine, and people are entitled to read articles written by doctors and scientists whose "area of expertise" it actually is.

You chose to talk to me, I just posted a series of links for people to read if they want. Perfectly happy for you not to talk to me again, lord knows I've asked you to put me on ignore often enough!

I didn't choose to talk to you which is why I responded to Dolly and not you initially. You however replied to my post so I was forced to respond - and if you had put me on ignore like you said you would then you wouldn't have seen my post.

You are an insufferable crank and one of the reasons why I don't post on here.

Go and take your hounds for a walk in your batmobile. I'm going down the pub.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 13:12 - Nov 10 with 3871 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 12:57 - Nov 10 by Lord_Lucan

I didn't choose to talk to you which is why I responded to Dolly and not you initially. You however replied to my post so I was forced to respond - and if you had put me on ignore like you said you would then you wouldn't have seen my post.

You are an insufferable crank and one of the reasons why I don't post on here.

Go and take your hounds for a walk in your batmobile. I'm going down the pub.

I didn't put you on ignore because the mutual virtual ignore Phil suggested was working well, and then you disappeared for months anyway until now - when you chose to post on a thread where I was clearly heavily involved in a way which opposes your views. Your choice.

I agree I made a mistake in replying to your post when I should have posted the links directly to the OP, but that was a simple error which anyone might (and people frequently do) make.

The level of your juvenile insults speaks for itself, I don't need to say anything more.

*edited for grammar
[Post edited 10 Nov 2019 15:17]

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 13:33 - Nov 10 with 3832 viewsmaccyd9

I like flares and smoke bombs and wish football in this country would allow this sort of added theatre to help with the atmosphere.

We are literally the only country that has an issue with it. Which typifies the sterile, non fan friendly atmospheres we have.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 13:35 - Nov 10 with 3830 viewsAlanG296

Anyone who lights a smoke thing at a football match is just a sad egotistical person who wants to look good on front of their equally sad chums, trying to make the celebration about them. Just like the idiots who go over the front barrier to "celebrate" with the players. Sad, attention seekers who deserve everything they get when they get their collar felt, to use a term someone used earlier. Just needs the stewards to do their job. Plenty of cctv to help them.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 15:41 - Nov 10 with 3712 viewsTJS

I think part of the problem is the total overuse of them. For example one or two per season for season defining goals is ok but letting them off for every single bog standard league goal is a bit silly.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:11 - Nov 10 with 3600 viewsMullet

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 11:25 - Nov 10 by Ely_Blue

Funny how he was sat in as close proximity to the blue action guys as at Southend 2 weeks ago? A coincidence, maybe the same “little fella” chose to sit with them for 2 games running?

There was one at Fleetwood, but no Blue Action stuff going on there.

Same at WBA last season and that saw a middle aged bloke dragged out, although possibly for going after them taking out a youngster (son maybe?)

I'm not sure we've proved anything other than some fans seem to insist on setting them off. Making Blue Action responsible because they've rightly got some credit in the bank seems unfair to me.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:18 - Nov 10 with 3589 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:11 - Nov 10 by Mullet

There was one at Fleetwood, but no Blue Action stuff going on there.

Same at WBA last season and that saw a middle aged bloke dragged out, although possibly for going after them taking out a youngster (son maybe?)

I'm not sure we've proved anything other than some fans seem to insist on setting them off. Making Blue Action responsible because they've rightly got some credit in the bank seems unfair to me.

Funny though that the guy who set off the one yesterday was right in the middle of the BA guys and likewise the 2 that were set off at Southend! Coincidence? I think not, especially given the lack of any defence from anyone associated with BA on this

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024