Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares 17:33 - Nov 9 with 38094 viewsBlueJudge

Yes, we support the incessant singing, possibly even the drummer. But if you want to win hearts and minds, leave the flares at home. Distance yourself from those that would taint what you are achieving.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:18 - Nov 9 with 2737 viewsbournemouthblue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:25 - Nov 9 by Pinewoodblue

Amazing how people are prepared to regard smoke bombs, flares etc at football matches as trivial. This isn't a new debate it was going on long before Brexit ( apologies for bringing that into it.).

Facts need to be accepted. It is against the law and punishment can be severe, with prison sentences as well as lengthy bans.

Put a stop it and before the club take action.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/alisongurden.blog/2013/02/26/smoke-bombs-flares-and

Although as already said, it was a different location to where Blue Action actually are so not connected to them?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:35 - Nov 9 with 2718 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:01 - Nov 9 by Melford

I have asthma and it can be pretty bad sometimes but I never had any trouble been stood next to one of those things going off on the couple of occasions I've been near to them. It soon blows away.

I'm delighted that you're not affected. Unfortunately, tens of thousands of others are, and for many, once they've inhaled the toxic substances, the effects do not simply blow away quickly.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:44 - Nov 9 with 2708 viewsGodzilla

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:17 - Nov 9 by Lord_Lucan

A flare is classified as a Firework and a smoke is classified as a Theatrical Pyrotechnic.

Happy to help!

Both are brilliant
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 19:20]

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:47 - Nov 9 with 2701 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 18:20 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

Quite. In particular, asthma is a very serious, potentially life-threatening condition, esp if people can't get away from the smoke in a confined area. It's also far more prevalent throughout the UK than most people realise. Other people have allergies to chemicals in the smoke too.

Well said, however these people setting them off really don’t give a toss though, it’s time that, if the smoke bombs are banned in football grounds as has been posted, that the perpetrators are removed from the ground and banned in the same was as hooligans are, the trouble is I don’t see this and so long as these so called fans are allowed to get away with it (and the same group of lads were guilty of doing the same at Southend too - twice, with no action taken) then they will continue

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:48 - Nov 9 with 2698 viewsGodzilla

(No subject) (n/t) on 23:44 - Nov 9 by Godzilla

Can't be arsed typing my lost effort there , good to see you and some others back.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:48 - Nov 9 with 2699 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

No not at all. By that measure we should ban smoking all together then as I’m sure we’ve all inhaled cigarette smoke we haven’t wanted to. Where does it stop though? I’ve had to eat football ground food because I’m hungry - what does that do to my health?

What about the brightness and flashing of jumbo screens and those with photosensitive epilepsy? The height and steepness of some seating and the issues for those who have vertigo?

I completely agree if something is dangerous then it has no place in a football ground. I don’t agree we should have draconian measures though. We can’t even take an umbrella in the ground now because it’s classed as a weapon!?

Refreshed by my cuppa (well pint actually!) of tea -

I see people smoking - I hold my breath & walk away from, or round them (it's banned virtually everywhere in enclosed spaces now).
I take my own food to football grounds.
Flashing screens, I shut my eyes.
Steep seating - get tickets low down or at ground level.

All those are things that you can act to avoid. The same is not true of a smoke bomb/flare going off next to you, or upwind of you on a breezy day, at a packed football ground.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:53 - Nov 9 with 2697 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:18 - Nov 9 by Reuser_is_God

No, more flares/smoke bombs/whatever they are please.

No need for them whatsoever, and before you come back and say they add to the atmosphere and make it a better day out. In what way? The same was as a couple of pills before a night out?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 00:02 - Nov 10 with 2686 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:52 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

No, it's a measured and eloquent reply.

So you (obviously) run away.

You really are a moron aren’t you, smoking is banned in enclosed spaces, and like with other things that have previously been mentioned you can chose to sit lower down, not go to events which flashing screens because you know they are going to be there etc..... however when you go to a football match where smoke bombs are “banned” you don’t expect to find the idiot sat 5 seats away from you to set one off because he and his mates think it’s “cool” or “fun”

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 01:55 - Nov 10 with 2654 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 04:15 - Nov 10 with 2612 viewsBlue_Moses

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 18:17 - Nov 9 by stonojnr

North stand after Dozzell scored a blue smoke bomb, I assume as they dont make blue flares do they ? was set off,middle section towards the back, stewards were on it straight away

Stewards, St. Johns ambulance, fire officers, bomb squad...what an over reaction
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 05:55 - Nov 10 with 2591 viewsNewcyBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:54 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

A yes or no would've done.

“I fancy a fight”

Although it’s a fair point Dollers. There maybe be people with conditions that mean they would be adversely affected by this.

Obviously the fact that these items are banned from the stadium means that you could reasonably expect to not have to deal with this issue.

If there is any leeway, then maybe there should be a section where these items are allowed, however they should specify the exact items and be declared on arrival.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 06:59 - Nov 10 with 2571 viewsBlueBoots

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:49 - Nov 9 by Danny_G

We could just put these up at the north lower entrances

Errr...no we can't?

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/november/efl-re-launches-commitment-to-tackle-use-

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:02 - Nov 10 with 2556 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:29 - Nov 9 by lambo77

second time in two days you've come out with that stupid line, why do you think ryorry should be at your beck and call on twtd 24/7?

I've never said that. I've said she shouldn't get involved in a debate if she's just going to run away/put people on ignore when the questions get too difficult.

It's not a "stupid line". It's how debate works.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:04 - Nov 10 with 2554 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:57 - Nov 9 by Swailsey

I think Dolly is looking to be the new Spruce style villain, except he’s often wrong.

This thread is about opinions, so nobody can be wrong.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:09 - Nov 10 with 2549 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 00:02 - Nov 10 by Ely_Blue

You really are a moron aren’t you, smoking is banned in enclosed spaces, and like with other things that have previously been mentioned you can chose to sit lower down, not go to events which flashing screens because you know they are going to be there etc..... however when you go to a football match where smoke bombs are “banned” you don’t expect to find the idiot sat 5 seats away from you to set one off because he and his mates think it’s “cool” or “fun”

The North Stand isn't an enclosed space. We already have an asthma sufferer on this thread saying it doesn't bother him. But carry on calling me names if it makes you feel better.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:21 - Nov 10 with 2547 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:09 - Nov 10 by BrixtonBlue

The North Stand isn't an enclosed space. We already have an asthma sufferer on this thread saying it doesn't bother him. But carry on calling me names if it makes you feel better.

Glad to see that you can try to justify your response to something that is illegal at football grounds by quoting the comment of 1 asthma sufferer, please do tell me whythe rear of the lower SBR stand isn’t an “enclosed area” when there is no ventilation to the rear and the roof is actually pretty low at that point by football stand measures? Also whilst we are on the subject PR is a no smoking stadium but I don’t see people smoking in the stands “an enclosed area” under the words of the law!

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:27 - Nov 10 with 2539 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:21 - Nov 10 by Ely_Blue

Glad to see that you can try to justify your response to something that is illegal at football grounds by quoting the comment of 1 asthma sufferer, please do tell me whythe rear of the lower SBR stand isn’t an “enclosed area” when there is no ventilation to the rear and the roof is actually pretty low at that point by football stand measures? Also whilst we are on the subject PR is a no smoking stadium but I don’t see people smoking in the stands “an enclosed area” under the words of the law!

Right in front of you, between you and the pitch, is a massive gap. Dunno if you've noticed it.

I'm not sure you understand what an enclosed area is.

As far as I'm aware, flares don't contain nicotine.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:35 - Nov 10 with 2538 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

In play I’m offering 6/4 that this thread doesn’t make 10 pages. 8/11 it’s a 10 pager minimum.

Form an orderly queue (through all the smoke) on this fine Sunday morning gentlemen.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:35 - Nov 10 with 2536 viewsEly_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:27 - Nov 10 by BrixtonBlue

Right in front of you, between you and the pitch, is a massive gap. Dunno if you've noticed it.

I'm not sure you understand what an enclosed area is.

As far as I'm aware, flares don't contain nicotine.

I know what an enclosed space is thank you, I won’t be so pedantic as to put a link up for you because I am sure that you are intelligent enough to look for yourself and that you are just on a bit of a wind up by disagreeing with anyone who says there is no place for smoke bombs at a football ground, even the authorities (which is why I quoted the cigarettes - which are banned in enclosed spaces such as bus shelters and railway stations!).

As someone has previous stated these things would be fine if you were able to move quickly away from the affected area but given how long it even takes to get out of the SBRL after the game that isn’t happening.

I’ll give you another scenario, if it’s “ok” to set of a smoke bomb like that, what happens when 3-4 people suddenly decide to do it at the same time, how does someone escape from that in the same area? Where does it stop and the line get drawn?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 08:26 - Nov 10 with 2513 viewsChocorange

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:35 - Nov 10 by The_Romford_Blue

In play I’m offering 6/4 that this thread doesn’t make 10 pages. 8/11 it’s a 10 pager minimum.

Form an orderly queue (through all the smoke) on this fine Sunday morning gentlemen.

I'll have some of that 8/11 ...looks a good price to me ... Tho I may cash out at 7 or 8 pages when ( the confidence !) we reach 7/8 pages later today!

Fwiw i have nothing against flares or smoke and the OP does read and seem to be from a happy clapper ... Paraphrasing it , to put up with the drum and singing .. Plenty of room elsewhere in the ground for them if they are that bothered by an atmosphere.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 08:55 - Nov 10 with 2497 viewstomo

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:53 - Nov 9 by Ely_Blue

No need for them whatsoever, and before you come back and say they add to the atmosphere and make it a better day out. In what way? The same was as a couple of pills before a night out?

Are you seriously saying taking a couple of disco biscuits on a night out doesn’t make it better?
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 09:21 - Nov 10 with 2478 viewsPinewoodblue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:04 - Nov 10 by BrixtonBlue

This thread is about opinions, so nobody can be wrong.

Wrong. It has moved on itis now about people choosing to ignore facts and e pressing an alternative opinion. Why do those with left leaning opinions find it difficult to accept facts?

Rommy this may help you reach ten pages.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 09:29 - Nov 10 with 2474 viewsMullet

Two things if I may:

1) Blue Action are not responsible for people's behaviour, not security in the stadium. So unless you want them to have unlawful pat down powers the slating they got here is a bit sh1tty.

It was a mixed seating game, whose to say it wasn't some keen little fella sitting in the North for once thinking he was the dogs?

2) Someone let one off at Derby a while back. I spoke to a mate who was really angry. Had to spend ages with a scarf over his face, said it was giving him hassle for hours after. That's not really fair is it?

I don't really get them or the desire to copy what goes on in Europe exactly. Given how they do pyro it's a bit like BA making a tifo on A3 paper and passing it around. But I think I associated them with the cheesy 90's firework entrances of the a la Gladiators and that's probably why.

Having watched about 3 hrs of fireworks throughout the Rochdale game, I'm not sure all that stuff really fits well with football any way.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 09:34 - Nov 10 with 2454 viewsPinewoodblue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 09:29 - Nov 10 by Mullet

Two things if I may:

1) Blue Action are not responsible for people's behaviour, not security in the stadium. So unless you want them to have unlawful pat down powers the slating they got here is a bit sh1tty.

It was a mixed seating game, whose to say it wasn't some keen little fella sitting in the North for once thinking he was the dogs?

2) Someone let one off at Derby a while back. I spoke to a mate who was really angry. Had to spend ages with a scarf over his face, said it was giving him hassle for hours after. That's not really fair is it?

I don't really get them or the desire to copy what goes on in Europe exactly. Given how they do pyro it's a bit like BA making a tifo on A3 paper and passing it around. But I think I associated them with the cheesy 90's firework entrances of the a la Gladiators and that's probably why.

Having watched about 3 hrs of fireworks throughout the Rochdale game, I'm not sure all that stuff really fits well with football any way.

Well said. The original post was an unjustified dig at BA.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 10:23 - Nov 10 with 2417 viewslambo77

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 07:02 - Nov 10 by BrixtonBlue

I've never said that. I've said she shouldn't get involved in a debate if she's just going to run away/put people on ignore when the questions get too difficult.

It's not a "stupid line". It's how debate works.

how old are you? you think no-one should ever be allowed to take a break for a pi$$ or drink or bite to eat once they enter a discussion on the forum? He had a cup of tea, came back and answered the question in full, having before that answered many other questions at length over a couple of hours.

if you still say you're right on the point after reading the above, i'll just point out you took over 8 hours to reply to me, so by your own reasoning you too ran away
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024