Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares 17:33 - Nov 9 with 38098 viewsBlueJudge

Yes, we support the incessant singing, possibly even the drummer. But if you want to win hearts and minds, leave the flares at home. Distance yourself from those that would taint what you are achieving.
"a Theoretical Pyrotechnic" on 19:18 - Nov 9 with 3200 viewsDyland

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:17 - Nov 9 by Lord_Lucan

A flare is classified as a Firework and a smoke is classified as a Theatrical Pyrotechnic.

Happy to help!

Both are brilliant
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 19:20]

I dig that.

EDIT: And I can't read....
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 19:50]

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:20 - Nov 9 with 3191 viewsNewcyBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 18:18 - Nov 9 by blueprint

A smoke bomb wouldn’t be much use if you were stranded at sea especially if foggy. A flare would be a better choice. There’s your difference.

You’re wrong. All lifeboats are required to have 2 smoke floats in them.

We also have 4 rocket parachute flares and 6 hand flares in each boat.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:23 - Nov 9 with 3166 viewsPinewoodblue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:16 - Nov 9 by SitfcB

There is a difference between flares and smoke bombs.

There is a difference between a rocket and a Roman candle but they are both pyrotechnics.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:35 - Nov 9 with 3132 viewsSitfcB

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:23 - Nov 9 by Pinewoodblue

There is a difference between a rocket and a Roman candle but they are both pyrotechnics.

I never said they weren’t both pyrotechnics?

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:36 - Nov 9 with 3131 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 18:32 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

Always been a fan of smoke bombs and flares, adds to the atmosphere - why curb it?

Agreed.

No pyro, no party

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:40 - Nov 9 with 3120 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 18:32 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

Always been a fan of smoke bombs and flares, adds to the atmosphere - why curb it?

Not sure what part of "because it's putting people's lives at risk" you (and others) aren't getting.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:49 - Nov 9 with 3081 viewsfabian_illness

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:07 - Nov 9 with 3046 viewsGeoffSentence

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:17 - Nov 9 by WestStanderLaLaLa

More pyro, more party. Carry on.

This all brings to mind this

I am in the crowd there somewhere

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:20 - Nov 9 with 3006 viewsKeaneish

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:40 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

Not sure what part of "because it's putting people's lives at risk" you (and others) aren't getting.

Are you a tabloid journalist?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:25 - Nov 9 with 2991 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:20 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

Are you a tabloid journalist?

No, are you?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:29 - Nov 9 with 2978 viewsReuser_is_God

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:40 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

When did a flare/smoke bomb kill put somebodies life at risk at football?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:33 - Nov 9 with 2974 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:29 - Nov 9 by Reuser_is_God

This was posted on p1, along with my reply. In case you didn't see -

https://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares-and-smoke-bombs-into-football-matches/

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:41 - Nov 9 with 2936 viewsjeera

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:20 - Nov 9 by NewcyBlue

You’re wrong. All lifeboats are required to have 2 smoke floats in them.

We also have 4 rocket parachute flares and 6 hand flares in each boat.

I always hate it when I pack the wrong ones.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:44 - Nov 9 with 2927 viewsKeaneish

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:33 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

This was posted on p1, along with my reply. In case you didn't see -

https://www.peppermintbars.co.uk/flares-and-smoke-bombs-into-football-matches/

“Over half the 1,635 Premier League fans surveyed had seen pyrotechnics at a match, with 36% directly affected. While many had had their view of the match obscured by smoke, 10% had suffered smoke inhalation and 2% had been affected by heat from a flare.”

”Their lives at risk”. Think you’re over exaggerating somewhat.

I reckon you’d get higher stats on smoke inhalation and heat issues from fireworks night!

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:49 - Nov 9 with 2911 viewsjeera

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:44 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

“Over half the 1,635 Premier League fans surveyed had seen pyrotechnics at a match, with 36% directly affected. While many had had their view of the match obscured by smoke, 10% had suffered smoke inhalation and 2% had been affected by heat from a flare.”

I reckon you’d get higher stats on smoke inhalation and heat issues from fireworks night!

Well, not really. If you suffer from lung problems you would possibly choose to not go to a firework display.

Being forced to suffer is a different thing altogether. It's not difficult to understand is it.

I'm not affected and could not care much less, but play fair, she has a point.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:52 - Nov 9 with 2901 viewsTommyparker

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:29 - Nov 9 by Reuser_is_God

Wales v Romania November 1993.
John Hill was killed by a flare.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:59 - Nov 9 with 2873 viewsBrixtonBlue

It was a puff of blue smoke. No-one's life was at risk.

Also, the North Stand is not a "confined area".

You won't see this though, obviously, as I am on ignore.

I really do wonder how people survive in the modern world if this gets their backs up.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:04 - Nov 9 with 2871 viewsbazgammon

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:44 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

really? you obviously weren't at Cardiff when a fan died in a match v Romania when a flare shot into the stand a killed a guy when it struck him in the chest. they are banned for a reason.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24931711

Poll: Lambert

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:06 - Nov 9 with 2867 viewsTommyparker

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:59 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

I really do wonder how people survive in the modern world if this gets their backs up.

Under the Sporting Events Act 1985 it's an offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, a smoke bomb or firework. Smoke bombs have the firework standard label on them will be classed as a Firework.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:09 - Nov 9 with 2846 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 17:48 - Nov 9 by DinnernotTea

MORE FLARES please. Far too many cabbages follow this club.

Can I give half an uppie for the first bit.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:13 - Nov 9 with 2824 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:17 - Nov 9 by Dyland

Only in the same way there's a difference between mandy and pills ;)

I think I love you a little bit Dyland....made Miss Slave laugh too!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:13 - Nov 9 with 2827 viewsRyorry

That was a report of about 5 years ago, and you've still completely ignored most of what they said about the risk of injuries, heat, fire, stampedes etc.

At fireworks displays - which I enjoy going to btw, as long as there's a bit of breeze going so I can stand upwind of the smoke - people can choose either to not go, or at least pick a spot where they're not forced to inhale the smoke. At a sporting event in a stadium with still air, where anyone near you can set these off & you can't easily get away, it's obviously a completely different scenario.

Having been relatively recently diagnosed with asthma, I joined an asthma forum, and can say that even I was absolutely shocked at the sheer scale of the numbers of people having it, the severity of the symptoms, and the frequency with which sufferers have to be blue-lighted to hospital. Smoke and chemicals are freuently highlighted as triggers which set it off.

Is it really too much to ask that people restrict their enjoyment of fireworks to public or other safe displays, and allow people to safely go to football?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:18 - Nov 9 with 2793 viewsEwan_Oozami

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 20:59 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

It only takes one person to get agitated or panic (justified or not) and then we'll see how confined a packed North Stand can be....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:24 - Nov 9 with 2765 viewsKeaneish

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:04 - Nov 9 by bazgammon

really? you obviously weren't at Cardiff when a fan died in a match v Romania when a flare shot into the stand a killed a guy when it struck him in the chest. they are banned for a reason.... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-24931711

Did I go to Cardiff to watch Romania? Er...mmm, don’t think so, nooo....good game?

Thanks for the article. Seems it wasn’t the flare that was the issue more the stupidity of someone firing it into the crowd. Here’s a better idea. Instead of draconian measures every time there’s an isolated incident, how about we redesign or reengineer the offending subject matter to make it safer? After all, we did it with football stadium infrastructure!

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:25 - Nov 9 with 2763 viewsPinewoodblue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:06 - Nov 9 by Tommyparker

Under the Sporting Events Act 1985 it's an offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, a smoke bomb or firework. Smoke bombs have the firework standard label on them will be classed as a Firework.

Amazing how people are prepared to regard smoke bombs, flares etc at football matches as trivial. This isn't a new debate it was going on long before Brexit ( apologies for bringing that into it.).

Facts need to be accepted. It is against the law and punishment can be severe, with prison sentences as well as lengthy bans.

Put a stop it and before the club take action.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/alisongurden.blog/2013/02/26/smoke-bombs-flares-and

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024