Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares 17:33 - Nov 9 with 38097 viewsBlueJudge

Yes, we support the incessant singing, possibly even the drummer. But if you want to win hearts and minds, leave the flares at home. Distance yourself from those that would taint what you are achieving.
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:25 - Nov 9 with 5122 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:24 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

Did I go to Cardiff to watch Romania? Er...mmm, don’t think so, nooo....good game?

Thanks for the article. Seems it wasn’t the flare that was the issue more the stupidity of someone firing it into the crowd. Here’s a better idea. Instead of draconian measures every time there’s an isolated incident, how about we redesign or reengineer the offending subject matter to make it safer? After all, we did it with football stadium infrastructure!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:26 - Nov 9 with 5120 viewsEwan_Oozami

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 18:45 - Nov 9 by TRUE_BLUE123

That's what I thought. Didn't he say that he loved them in a press conference this year??

Maybe Phil could take some Catherine wheels into Lambert's next presser and let them off live on TWTV?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:26 - Nov 9 with 5122 viewsHARRY10

It's quite simple. Flares, smokebombes etc are banned at Portman Road, so at some point the club will be obliged to take action.

This will no doubt be in a way that causes annoyance or grief to supporters, if not the club.

We are on a roll, top of the table and getting our 'mojo' back. Is this really what we want to be dealing with.....something that will no doubt set club against supporters ?

And directed to Lucan Jnr it woud help if could dissuade idiots with your working knowledge of said items, ans about the pain of not being able to watch us having a great season. No one wants anyone banned, but it will happen.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 21:41]
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:28 - Nov 9 with 5123 viewsjeera

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:24 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

Did I go to Cardiff to watch Romania? Er...mmm, don’t think so, nooo....good game?

Thanks for the article. Seems it wasn’t the flare that was the issue more the stupidity of someone firing it into the crowd. Here’s a better idea. Instead of draconian measures every time there’s an isolated incident, how about we redesign or reengineer the offending subject matter to make it safer? After all, we did it with football stadium infrastructure!

"how about we redesign or reengineer the offending subject matter to make it safer? "

It's been done. They're banned.

If you have a child with asthma you would see this differently.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:30 - Nov 9 with 5121 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:25 - Nov 9 by Pinewoodblue

Amazing how people are prepared to regard smoke bombs, flares etc at football matches as trivial. This isn't a new debate it was going on long before Brexit ( apologies for bringing that into it.).

Facts need to be accepted. It is against the law and punishment can be severe, with prison sentences as well as lengthy bans.

Put a stop it and before the club take action.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/alisongurden.blog/2013/02/26/smoke-bombs-flares-and

I'm genuinely gobsmacked at how selfish & unwilling some people are to even consider the lives or health of others, as long as they themselves can get their 2 minutes of illegal "fun" in

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:31 - Nov 9 with 5112 viewsjeera

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:30 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

I'm genuinely gobsmacked at how selfish & unwilling some people are to even consider the lives or health of others, as long as they themselves can get their 2 minutes of illegal "fun" in

Bang and some pretty colours I guess.

If that's all it takes then you're not going to have much joy telling them any different.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:34 - Nov 9 with 5101 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Those crazy Germans!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 with 5081 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:06 - Nov 9 by Tommyparker

Under the Sporting Events Act 1985 it's an offence for a person to enter or attempt to enter a football ground while in possession of a flare, a smoke bomb or firework. Smoke bombs have the firework standard label on them will be classed as a Firework.

Yawn. I hope you don't fall over putting your underpants on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Login to get fewer ads

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 with 5100 viewsKeaneish

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:13 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

That was a report of about 5 years ago, and you've still completely ignored most of what they said about the risk of injuries, heat, fire, stampedes etc.

At fireworks displays - which I enjoy going to btw, as long as there's a bit of breeze going so I can stand upwind of the smoke - people can choose either to not go, or at least pick a spot where they're not forced to inhale the smoke. At a sporting event in a stadium with still air, where anyone near you can set these off & you can't easily get away, it's obviously a completely different scenario.

Having been relatively recently diagnosed with asthma, I joined an asthma forum, and can say that even I was absolutely shocked at the sheer scale of the numbers of people having it, the severity of the symptoms, and the frequency with which sufferers have to be blue-lighted to hospital. Smoke and chemicals are freuently highlighted as triggers which set it off.

Is it really too much to ask that people restrict their enjoyment of fireworks to public or other safe displays, and allow people to safely go to football?

No not at all. By that measure we should ban smoking all together then as I’m sure we’ve all inhaled cigarette smoke we haven’t wanted to. Where does it stop though? I’ve had to eat football ground food because I’m hungry - what does that do to my health?

What about the brightness and flashing of jumbo screens and those with photosensitive epilepsy? The height and steepness of some seating and the issues for those who have vertigo?

I completely agree if something is dangerous then it has no place in a football ground. I don’t agree we should have draconian measures though. We can’t even take an umbrella in the ground now because it’s classed as a weapon!?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 with 5098 viewsBlockJJ

FFS...choose where you sit/stand according to how much of a cheese melt you are!
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:37 - Nov 9 with 5080 viewsRyorry

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

No not at all. By that measure we should ban smoking all together then as I’m sure we’ve all inhaled cigarette smoke we haven’t wanted to. Where does it stop though? I’ve had to eat football ground food because I’m hungry - what does that do to my health?

What about the brightness and flashing of jumbo screens and those with photosensitive epilepsy? The height and steepness of some seating and the issues for those who have vertigo?

I completely agree if something is dangerous then it has no place in a football ground. I don’t agree we should have draconian measures though. We can’t even take an umbrella in the ground now because it’s classed as a weapon!?

You're just being silly now.

I'm off for a cuppa. Have a nice evening.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:45 - Nov 9 with 5036 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:28 - Nov 9 by jeera

"how about we redesign or reengineer the offending subject matter to make it safer? "

It's been done. They're banned.

If you have a child with asthma you would see this differently.

Do you have a child with asthma?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:47 - Nov 9 with 5033 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 by Keaneish

Quite. This.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:49 - Nov 9 with 5047 viewsDanny_G

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:35 - Nov 9 by BlockJJ

FFS...choose where you sit/stand according to how much of a cheese melt you are!

We could just put these up at the north lower entrances

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:52 - Nov 9 with 5013 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:37 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

You're just being silly now.

I'm off for a cuppa. Have a nice evening.

No, it's a measured and eloquent reply.

So you (obviously) run away.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:52 - Nov 9 with 5024 viewsjeera

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:45 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

Do you have a child with asthma?

I have a response to this ridiculous post that is no longer in keeping with the allowed parameters.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:54 - Nov 9 with 5003 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:52 - Nov 9 by jeera

I have a response to this ridiculous post that is no longer in keeping with the allowed parameters.

A yes or no would've done.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:01 - Nov 9 with 5009 viewsMelford

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 19:40 - Nov 9 by Ryorry

Not sure what part of "because it's putting people's lives at risk" you (and others) aren't getting.

I have asthma and it can be pretty bad sometimes but I never had any trouble been stood next to one of those things going off on the couple of occasions I've been near to them. It soon blows away.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:05 - Nov 9 with 4978 viewsBrixtonBlue

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:01 - Nov 9 by Melford

I have asthma and it can be pretty bad sometimes but I never had any trouble been stood next to one of those things going off on the couple of occasions I've been near to them. It soon blows away.

Don't let facts get in the way of the 'I wasn't there but I'm angry' brigade.

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:06 - Nov 9 with 4990 viewsKieran_Knows

Can always count on a thread like this to bring out the best of TWTD’ers.

What a fan base.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:13 - Nov 9 with 4964 viewsEwan_Oozami

I think you can take folding/telescopic umbrellas in, just not the big golf-style ones...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:29 - Nov 9 with 4913 viewslambo77

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:52 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

No, it's a measured and eloquent reply.

So you (obviously) run away.

second time in two days you've come out with that stupid line, why do you think ryorry should be at your beck and call on twtd 24/7?
Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:42 - Nov 9 with 4897 viewsjeera

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 21:54 - Nov 9 by BrixtonBlue

A yes or no would've done.

How about personal family questions are not relevant or permissible?

Edit: I'm not going to dig at you for that. I already know you'll see this and agree.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 22:44]

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:57 - Nov 9 with 4866 viewsSwailsey

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:42 - Nov 9 by jeera

How about personal family questions are not relevant or permissible?

Edit: I'm not going to dig at you for that. I already know you'll see this and agree.
[Post edited 9 Nov 2019 22:44]

I think Dolly is looking to be the new Spruce style villain, except he’s often wrong.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 23:03 - Nov 9 with 4857 viewsjeera

Blue Action, take action against those that carry flares on 22:57 - Nov 9 by Swailsey

I think Dolly is looking to be the new Spruce style villain, except he’s often wrong.

Dolly doesn't mean any harm - he's just a bit slow sometimes.

As am I sometimes.*

*I'm not really, I'm just being nice for balance.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024