Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TWTD Cheese advent calendar. 10:56 - Nov 17 with 2790 viewshampstead_blue

Let' build our very own advent calendar from cheese.

Rule; State username, cheese, and a few words why. Let's try and keep politics out of it!

Phil, can we pin this? Just asking as it's a bit of fun for all.

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
11th
12th
13th
14th - HampsteadBlue - Black Bomber - North Wales cheddar. Smooth, creamy with a hint of acidity.
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21st
22nd Azuremerlangus - Hungarian Beaver cheese. Very rare but has serious bite. (apologies to Monty Python...)
23rd
24th
25th

Love to all.
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 17:06]

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:09 - Nov 17 with 2216 viewsPlums

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th Deliasplums - Saint Albray. Smooth, creamy. Reminds me of sun, haven’t been able to buy in UK
11th
12th
13th
14th - HampsteadBlue - Black Bomber - North Wales cheddar. Smooth, creamy with a hint of acidity.
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:15 - Nov 17 with 2206 viewsWeWereZombies

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:09 - Nov 17 by Plums

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th Deliasplums - Saint Albray. Smooth, creamy. Reminds me of sun, haven’t been able to buy in UK
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
18th We Were Zombies - Caboc - A Scottish fresh soft cow's double cream cheese rolled in oatmeal. This richness reflects Lambert's effect on the club as a whole but the sharp lemon tang is a reminder to take a bit of care if you choose to challenge it too much
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 16:03 - Nov 17 with 2156 viewsGuthrum

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:15 - Nov 17 by WeWereZombies

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
18th We Were Zombies - Caboc - A Scottish fresh soft cow's double cream cheese rolled in oatmeal. This richness reflects Lambert's effect on the club as a whole but the sharp lemon tang is a reminder to take a bit of care if you choose to challenge it too much
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

1st
2nd Guthrum - Baron Bigod. Soft cheese from Suffolk. Very nice.
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 16:13 - Nov 17 with 2142 viewsazuremerlangus

22nd - Azuremerlangus - Hungarian Beaver cheese. Very rare but has serious bite. (apologies to Monty Python...)
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 16:17]

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 17:01 - Nov 17 with 2119 viewsOldsmoker

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 16:13 - Nov 17 by azuremerlangus

22nd - Azuremerlangus - Hungarian Beaver cheese. Very rare but has serious bite. (apologies to Monty Python...)
[Post edited 17 Nov 2019 16:17]

I didn't know that Hungarian women had a reputation for not washing their front bottoms.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 18:33 - Nov 17 with 2079 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

25th Dairylea....there is no 25 on an advent calendar.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 19:26 - Nov 17 with 2060 viewsWD19

Green or Red Pesto Gouda adds some much needed festive colour to the list.
TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 19:41 - Nov 17 with 2053 viewsm14_blue

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 16:03 - Nov 17 by Guthrum

1st
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

1st
3rd
4th
5th m14_blue - Blacksticks Blue. Soft, blue cheese, unlike anything you've tasted before. Not sure if you can get it down South but, if you can, do. Then thank me.
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th
Login to get fewer ads

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 07:27 - Nov 18 with 1986 viewshampstead_blue

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 19:41 - Nov 17 by m14_blue

1st
3rd
4th
5th m14_blue - Blacksticks Blue. Soft, blue cheese, unlike anything you've tasted before. Not sure if you can get it down South but, if you can, do. Then thank me.
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

1st
3rd
4th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th BanksterDebtSlave - Dairylea

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 08:26 - Nov 18 with 1964 viewsGeoffSentence

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 07:27 - Nov 18 by hampstead_blue

1st
3rd
4th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

1st GeoffSentence - Saint Agur - Soft, salty, double cream blue cheese made with pastuerised cows milk. Heaven in cheese form.
3rd
4th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 08:36 - Nov 18 with 1952 viewsSaleAway

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 08:26 - Nov 18 by GeoffSentence

1st GeoffSentence - Saint Agur - Soft, salty, double cream blue cheese made with pastuerised cows milk. Heaven in cheese form.
3rd
4th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

3rd
4th SaleAway - Fivemiletown Creamery Ballyoak - smoked irish brie.... epic.
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

Poll: Which is less impressive?
Blog: Phoenix From the Flames

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 09:04 - Nov 18 with 1938 viewsBLUEBEAT

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 08:36 - Nov 18 by SaleAway

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th Bluebeat - Suffolk Gold - produced in Creeting St Mary, like Cheddar but of a softer composition and a perfect accompaniment to any red wine and fruit too. Quick shout out to their Suffolk Blue too.
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

Poll: W or W

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 09:50 - Nov 18 with 1914 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 09:04 - Nov 18 by BLUEBEAT

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th Bluebeat - Suffolk Gold - produced in Creeting St Mary, like Cheddar but of a softer composition and a perfect accompaniment to any red wine and fruit too. Quick shout out to their Suffolk Blue too.
13th
15th
16th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th
16th - Lord Healy - Green Thunder - Welsh cheddar with green bits, which I’d usually frown at but works gloriously in this case. Most moreish
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 10:25 - Nov 18 with 1898 viewspeterleeblue

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 09:50 - Nov 18 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th
16th - Lord Healy - Green Thunder - Welsh cheddar with green bits, which I’d usually frown at but works gloriously in this case. Most moreish
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th Peterlee Blue - A simple Creamy French Brie on Hovis Digestive for Christmas Eve
TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 10:34 - Nov 18 with 1888 viewscaught-in-limbo

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 10:25 - Nov 18 by peterleeblue

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th
17th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th Peterlee Blue - A simple Creamy French Brie on Hovis Digestive for Christmas Eve

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th
17th
19th
20th
21st CIL - Idiazabal : a traditional, farmhouse, hard cheese made from raw milk of Latxa or Carranza sheep in the Basque and Navarra regions of northern Spain. Named after the village of Idiazabal, one of the 62 Best Cheeses in the World**.
22nd
23rd

Someone seriously needs to add Stilton and Roquefort to this list pdq

** Top site for all your cheesy needs: https://www.cheese.com/idiazabal/
[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 10:39]

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 11:07 - Nov 18 with 1860 viewsITFC_Forever

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 10:34 - Nov 18 by caught-in-limbo

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th
17th
19th
20th
21st CIL - Idiazabal : a traditional, farmhouse, hard cheese made from raw milk of Latxa or Carranza sheep in the Basque and Navarra regions of northern Spain. Named after the village of Idiazabal, one of the 62 Best Cheeses in the World**.
22nd
23rd

[Post edited 18 Nov 2019 10:39]

Can I add Extra Mature Davidstow to the mix please? Full of Cornish goodness.

I would have gone for 14th, but that's already taken, so any date will do.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 11:24 - Nov 18 with 1841 viewsBluebell

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:09 - Nov 17 by Plums

1st
2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
12th
13th
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th

15th (if not already taken) - Danish Blue, because I still wish Jonas Knudsen was with Town and the blue bit is obvious!
TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 12:46 - Nov 19 with 1744 viewsGeoffSentence

This needs a bump, there are a few free slots and if they dont go soon I might have to double my cheese tally.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 12:54 - Nov 19 with 1740 viewsWeWereZombies

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 12:46 - Nov 19 by GeoffSentence

This needs a bump, there are a few free slots and if they dont go soon I might have to double my cheese tally.

Also, no Edam or Gouda or Leerdammer on the calendar yet. So many types of cheese with such a variety of flavours so in the interests of methodical pedantry I insist we leave no tone undutched.

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:15 - Nov 19 with 1735 viewsBLUEBEAT

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 12:46 - Nov 19 by GeoffSentence

A couple of people cannot understand the concept of copy/pasting/adding to list, either.

I find this highly alarming as we move towards the end of the second decade of the 21st Century.

Poll: W or W

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:23 - Nov 19 with 1730 viewsWD19

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 12:54 - Nov 19 by WeWereZombies

Also, no Edam or Gouda or Leerdammer on the calendar yet. So many types of cheese with such a variety of flavours so in the interests of methodical pedantry I insist we leave no tone undutched.

My festive Gouda suggestion was vetoed by the OP. I am trying not to take it personally.
TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:28 - Nov 19 with 1723 viewsWeWereZombies

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:23 - Nov 19 by WD19

My festive Gouda suggestion was vetoed by the OP. I am trying not to take it personally.

Could it have been the pesto? I suspect a cheese purist who will not entertain anything like currants in Wensleydale or grapes with Brie...

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 15:30 - Nov 19 with 1702 viewshampstead_blue

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:23 - Nov 19 by WD19

Sir,

I would not veto such a fine cheese.
Please add in haste.

Yours in cheese

Hampstead Blue

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 15:31 - Nov 19 with 1701 viewshampstead_blue

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 13:28 - Nov 19 by WeWereZombies

Could it have been the pesto? I suspect a cheese purist who will not entertain anything like currants in Wensleydale or grapes with Brie...

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th - BlueBell - Danish Blue, because I still wish Jonas Knudsen was with Town and the blue bit is obvious!
17th
19th
20th
22nd
23rd

Peeps, cut and paste the list as it stands in the latest post.......

Go to cheese on the remaining days.......

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 15:38 - Nov 19 with 1696 viewsITFC_Forever

TWTD Cheese advent calendar. on 15:31 - Nov 19 by hampstead_blue

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
15th - BlueBell - Danish Blue, because I still wish Jonas Knudsen was with Town and the blue bit is obvious!
17th
19th
20th
22nd
23rd

Peeps, cut and paste the list as it stands in the latest post.......

Go to cheese on the remaining days.......

Harumph... you've added Bluebell's Danish Blue despite her lack of copying and pasting, but not my Davidstow.
Fine, I'll add it myself to 17th.

3rd
6th
7th
8th
9th
11th
13th
17th - ITFC_Forever - Davidstow (Extra Mature) - All that creamy Cornish goodness.
19th
20th
22nd
23rd

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024