Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Hughton anyone? 17:21 - Dec 28 with 4594 viewsChrisd

Always impressed me with what he’s achieved in his managerial career. Could he be a possible?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:22 - Dec 28 with 4166 viewsSwansea_Blue

Think we’re a league or two below him tbh!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:23 - Dec 28 with 4160 viewsChrisd

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:22 - Dec 28 by Swansea_Blue

Think we’re a league or two below him tbh!

Do you think we could sell it as project with lots of potential?

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:24 - Dec 28 with 4150 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:23 - Dec 28 by Chrisd

Not by sacking a manager with us placed 2nd in the league, no.

EDIT: as for the question about Hughton, always liked him and think he is a good manager. Only tainted by his time with them.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 17:26]

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:27 - Dec 28 with 4130 viewsBluefish

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:24 - Dec 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

Not by sacking a manager with us placed 2nd in the league, no.

EDIT: as for the question about Hughton, always liked him and think he is a good manager. Only tainted by his time with them.
[Post edited 28 Dec 2019 17:26]

The good news is that they hated him and treated him scandalously opposed to reverring him as a legend. I'd have Hughton but think we are way off being bale to get him.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:27 - Dec 28 with 4127 viewsSwansea_Blue

Only to a new owner. I imagine it’d be a harder sell to a new manager given the constraints they’d have to work under.

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:28 - Dec 28 with 4125 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Used to manage Norwich and is a member of the Labour Party. Perfect choice for board unity.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:30 - Dec 28 with 4106 viewsTractorCam

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:27 - Dec 28 by Bluefish

The good news is that they hated him and treated him scandalously opposed to reverring him as a legend. I'd have Hughton but think we are way off being bale to get him.

We're also way off sacking Lambert.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:31 - Dec 28 with 4096 viewsBluefish

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:30 - Dec 28 by TractorCam

We're also way off sacking Lambert.

Shame

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:37 - Dec 28 with 4061 viewsbrogansnose

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:27 - Dec 28 by Bluefish

He's also very matey bobs with Mick - they used to room together when playing for Ireland. What do you think Mick would say ?
Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:51 - Dec 28 with 4002 viewsgainsboroughblue

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:31 - Dec 28 by Bluefish

Shame

Are you anti-Lambert then?

You should have said.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:59 - Dec 28 with 3976 viewsdavblue

He's very similar in style to Mick, so i doubt the fans would take to him.
Chris Hughton anyone? on 18:00 - Dec 28 with 3971 viewsMrTown

We have a manager?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 18:21 - Dec 28 with 3922 viewsBluefish

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:37 - Dec 28 by brogansnose

He's also very matey bobs with Mick - they used to room together when playing for Ireland. What do you think Mick would say ?

Mick might mention the hamper and the super Mick and the Mick Ma stuff first before he got to the weirdos that called him a nonce and haven't turned up since

Chris Hughton anyone? on 18:34 - Dec 28 with 3866 viewsKeaneish

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:37 - Dec 28 by brogansnose

Manages like Mick too. Watched plenty of Brighton last season and they were sick of his approach to games much like Ireland fans are now.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 18:49 - Dec 28 with 3832 viewsblueconscience

Not with Evans in charge

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 20:12 - Dec 28 with 3639 viewsJDB23

No thanks. Always remember the time we first played Newcastle after Sir Bobby's death and they won. He claimed after the game it was "the result Bobby would have wanted". Disgusting way to try and point score with your fans, he can do one.
Chris Hughton anyone? on 20:30 - Dec 28 with 3596 viewshaynes_toe1

What?! Hughton wouldnt even vaguely contemplate us for more than a second. We are in the THIRD TIER OF ENGLISH FOOTBALL. He stands a good chance of getting a bottom half prem job still, if not itll be a championship club going for promotion.
Chris Hughton anyone? on 09:03 - Mar 5 with 2881 viewsGOSBTS

Reviving this in light of this week. As a lifelong Brighton fan who now lives in Suffolk and keeps a close eye on Town matters, I think Chris Hughton would be a great fit for Ipswich. He is dignified, hard-working and loyal. He is not a defensive coach as many irritating Norwich fans insisted. Rather, he is a pragmatist and works with what he has in the squad. When he got us promoted to the Premier League, we played fantastic attacking football, beating Norwich 5-0 and many other teams regularly by two or three goals. He was responsible for us signing the likes of Knockaert and Murray who were fantastic Championship players. He stuck with a formation that worked and had a consistent starting XI week by week, the exact opposite to Lambert.

If Lambert goes in the summer and Hughton came in, he'd be a credit to your club and I'd have no doubt that he'd get you promoted to the Championship and make you easily competitive in that division. It'd be a brilliant project for him in my opinion as many other Championship clubs he could go to currently would be poison chalices.
Chris Hughton anyone? on 09:05 - Mar 5 with 2863 viewsKieran_Knows

He's been rejecting jobs at Championship clubs so no chance he'd come here.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Chris Hughton anyone? on 09:12 - Mar 5 with 2831 viewshampstead_blue

Chris Hughton anyone? on 17:28 - Dec 28 by WestStanderLaLaLa

Used to manage Norwich and is a member of the Labour Party. Perfect choice for board unity.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Chris Hughton anyone? on 11:31 - Mar 5 with 2710 viewsTractorCam

Chris Hughton anyone? on 09:03 - Mar 5 by GOSBTS

Reviving this in light of this week. As a lifelong Brighton fan who now lives in Suffolk and keeps a close eye on Town matters, I think Chris Hughton would be a great fit for Ipswich. He is dignified, hard-working and loyal. He is not a defensive coach as many irritating Norwich fans insisted. Rather, he is a pragmatist and works with what he has in the squad. When he got us promoted to the Premier League, we played fantastic attacking football, beating Norwich 5-0 and many other teams regularly by two or three goals. He was responsible for us signing the likes of Knockaert and Murray who were fantastic Championship players. He stuck with a formation that worked and had a consistent starting XI week by week, the exact opposite to Lambert.

If Lambert goes in the summer and Hughton came in, he'd be a credit to your club and I'd have no doubt that he'd get you promoted to the Championship and make you easily competitive in that division. It'd be a brilliant project for him in my opinion as many other Championship clubs he could go to currently would be poison chalices.

Just couldn't see him dropping to League One, would almost certainly be attractive for a Championship club.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Chris Hughton anyone? on 12:08 - Mar 5 with 2625 viewsBluespeed225

Would be an unlikely to happen, but perfect fit. I think he was available when Keane went, Keane, or maybe Jewell? Either way, opportunity missed.
Chris Hughton anyone? on 13:22 - Mar 5 with 2496 viewsGOSBTS

Chris Hughton anyone? on 09:05 - Mar 5 by Kieran_Knows

He's been rejecting jobs at Championship clubs so no chance he'd come here.

Obviously I don't know the man, but there's a big part of me that thinks he's rejecting some of these Championship clubs because of the way he's been treated by the hierarchies at other clubs. Hughton openly admitted that he was utterly shocked when Tony Bloom fired him at Brighton after helping us stay up two years in a row in the Premier League, which suggests that his brief from Bloom must have been PL survival but this changed when all was said and done. He was also treated shoddily by Newcastle (ownership, not fans) and again at Norwich. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped down to League One if he trusted in the project and how he'd be treated. He's a man of great dignity.
Chris Hughton anyone? on 13:32 - Mar 5 with 2466 viewsSwansea_Blue

Chris Hughton anyone? on 13:22 - Mar 5 by GOSBTS

Obviously I don't know the man, but there's a big part of me that thinks he's rejecting some of these Championship clubs because of the way he's been treated by the hierarchies at other clubs. Hughton openly admitted that he was utterly shocked when Tony Bloom fired him at Brighton after helping us stay up two years in a row in the Premier League, which suggests that his brief from Bloom must have been PL survival but this changed when all was said and done. He was also treated shoddily by Newcastle (ownership, not fans) and again at Norwich. I wouldn't be surprised if he dropped down to League One if he trusted in the project and how he'd be treated. He's a man of great dignity.

Maybe clutching at straws? I'm sure the money and challenge of managing at the top comes into it too. Maybe I'm being harsh though and morality/dignity are still important.

I'd like to see an experiment where a top, top manager is taken out of their normal environment of world class stars and given a failing lower league team. It would be a fascinating to see whether someone like Pep or Klopp could transform a nondescript, technically and tactically lacking team like us. I think we should make that happen!

Chris Hughton anyone? on 13:42 - Mar 5 with 2441 viewshampstead_blue

Chris Hughton anyone? on 13:22 - Mar 5 by GOSBTS

He's been given a really hard ride by owners.

Done a great job at Brighton and the Toon.
Would love to have him here.

Maybe if ME can convince him....who knows.....Prior to Hurst's car crash, ME has given managers time and respect. He's hardly Deadly Doug Ellis!

It would be very attractive to the type who can motivate and develop. I'm confident.....I'm also off for a run and it's crappy weather so am trying to motivate myself.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024