Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this what it's like now? 16:41 - Jan 1 with 2579 viewsfergalsharkey

Its shambolic....I can not process what I am seeing....the passing is beyond tragic.
People PAY to watch this!

Poll: Cook out?

Is this what it's like now? on 16:43 - Jan 1 with 2544 viewstractorboy2421

Lucky to score from the free kick & done nothing to deserve a draw.... Scared of the long ball & no organisation.... Still Lambert's got an extension ☹️
Is this what it's like now? on 16:53 - Jan 1 with 2459 viewsBlue_Moses

Zero quality
Is this what it's like now? on 16:57 - Jan 1 with 2410 viewsBlueBadger

Right now, Lambert has less credibility than one of your travel stories.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is this what it's like now? on 16:58 - Jan 1 with 2371 viewsCrock

Is this what it's like now? on 16:43 - Jan 1 by tractorboy2421

Lucky to score from the free kick & done nothing to deserve a draw.... Scared of the long ball & no organisation.... Still Lambert's got an extension ☹️

What was lucky about the goal?

Poll: Favourite number?

Is this what it's like now? on 16:59 - Jan 1 with 2348 viewsAlexGreen

Lucky to score from a peach of a free kick bravely tucked away by our striker? Feel free to invent your own narrative won’t you.

Poll: Who from our injured list will play the most games in 20/21

Is this what it's like now? on 17:00 - Jan 1 with 2330 viewsblueconscience

It has been that bad for so long, people have just come to accept it.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Is this what it's like now? on 17:01 - Jan 1 with 2318 viewsblueislander

Is this what it's like now? on 16:53 - Jan 1 by Blue_Moses

Zero quality

If that was zero quality, what was it against Gillingham?
Is this what it's like now? on 17:03 - Jan 1 with 2302 viewstractorboy2421

Is this what it's like now? on 16:59 - Jan 1 by AlexGreen

Lucky to score from a peach of a free kick bravely tucked away by our striker? Feel free to invent your own narrative won’t you.

Any team that would have been switched on would have put a bloke in front of the ball
Login to get fewer ads

Is this what it's like now? on 17:26 - Jan 1 with 2225 viewsGarv

Is this what it's like now? on 17:03 - Jan 1 by tractorboy2421

Any team that would have been switched on would have put a bloke in front of the ball

I’m not sure every team has Luke Garbutt’s left foot in their side.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Is this what it's like now? on 06:50 - Jan 2 with 2091 viewsfergalsharkey

Is this what it's like now? on 17:26 - Jan 1 by Garv

I’m not sure every team has Luke Garbutt’s left foot in their side.

Is that the sole piece of quality we have...Luke Garbutt and his left foot?
And I hear Vincent young is a bit tasty.
Was it staus quo that sung deep deep deeper and down?
Maybe it should be the clubs motto.

Poll: Cook out?

Is this what it's like now? on 07:30 - Jan 2 with 2024 viewsbraveblue

Superb goal. Let’s keep the discussion real. That was not a bad performance.
Is this what it's like now? on 07:39 - Jan 2 with 2011 viewsKeaneish

Is this what it's like now? on 07:30 - Jan 2 by braveblue

Superb goal. Let’s keep the discussion real. That was not a bad performance.

Far and away from a bad performance. Thought our shape was good throughout, controlled the ball and the game, worked hard in the midfield and created some good openings. The gulf in class between both sides was evident and it made Wycombe look like the poor side they are who had no interest in playing the ball on the deck.

A few things to get sharper on but play like that next week and the winless league run comes to an end.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Is this what it's like now? on 07:52 - Jan 2 with 1983 viewsEly_Blue

Is this what it's like now? on 06:50 - Jan 2 by fergalsharkey

Is that the sole piece of quality we have...Luke Garbutt and his left foot?
And I hear Vincent young is a bit tasty.
Was it staus quo that sung deep deep deeper and down?
Maybe it should be the clubs motto.

But for an awful lack of judgement from Norris we would have won that game 1-0

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Is this what it's like now? on 08:47 - Jan 2 with 1894 viewsblueislander

Is this what it's like now? on 07:52 - Jan 2 by Ely_Blue

But for an awful lack of judgement from Norris we would have won that game 1-0

We had three defenders around that ball, and somehow their player got his foot to it. But, as you say, there was absolutely no need for Norris to come charging out. If he had stayed on his line he would have had a very easy save to make.
Is this what it's like now? on 08:56 - Jan 2 with 1851 viewsElephantintheRoom

Is this what it's like now? on 08:47 - Jan 2 by blueislander

We had three defenders around that ball, and somehow their player got his foot to it. But, as you say, there was absolutely no need for Norris to come charging out. If he had stayed on his line he would have had a very easy save to make.

you could say that playing Norris shows an awful lack of judgment.

Let me tell you what I see in my crystal ball. Town win against Accrington to remain unbeaten this decade. They win and draw a few more and 'playing badly and winning is the sign of a good side' mantra is spouted on this board by the same people whining now. Things even improve slowly but surely to the point that there will be three or four good games at Portman Road this season.

And all because overpaid players now know that the manager is going to be here longer than they are.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Is this what it's like now? on 08:57 - Jan 2 with 1842 viewsBluebell

Is this what it's like now? on 08:47 - Jan 2 by blueislander

Agreed. Norris was entirely to blame for that as he was for the mistake he made coming off his line for the stupid goal at Lincoln.

I am amazed that he was playing yesterday. When is Holy going to get a chance as he is 'our' keeper?
Is this what it's like now? on 09:04 - Jan 2 with 1802 viewsblueislander

Is this what it's like now? on 08:57 - Jan 2 by Bluebell

Agreed. Norris was entirely to blame for that as he was for the mistake he made coming off his line for the stupid goal at Lincoln.

I am amazed that he was playing yesterday. When is Holy going to get a chance as he is 'our' keeper?

There was one small positive, which was his improved distribution. This was mainly because Woolfenden constantly made himself available to receive a short pass.
Is this what it's like now? on 09:11 - Jan 2 with 1783 viewsPinewoodblue

Think Fergal, And the first few posters on this thread, need to migrate to the news comments area of the board.

What a waste of space.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Is this what it's like now? on 09:14 - Jan 2 with 1775 viewsnorth_stand77

Is this what it's like now? on 08:57 - Jan 2 by Bluebell

Agree with you BB.
Is there any particular reason Norris is ahead of Holy?
On balance anyway, I've thought Holy is the better keeper of the two. The errors in the last couple of games by Norris have cost us dearly.
Is this what it's like now? on 09:14 - Jan 2 with 1768 viewshaynes_toe1

Look, it's pretty low quality football but we're in a low quality league. We still have the best squad in the division and should be comfortably top - and probably would with a decent manager on board.
Is this what it's like now? on 09:17 - Jan 2 with 1760 viewsartsbossbeard

How does this define "lucky"?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Is this what it's like now? on 09:29 - Jan 2 with 1713 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is this what it's like now? on 17:00 - Jan 1 by blueconscience

Yep. Although on the flip side there's also an element of people still comparing this to what we used to be. I'm guilty of that - I keep finding myself thinking that this team would be lucky to survive in the Championship let alone do well. Which is a pretty stupid way to think given where we are, but I'm having trouble coming to terms with our persistent decline.

I wouldn't mind if there was an identity building. I could accept individual mistakes and bad results if I could see what we were trying to do and some progression towards it. But all I see is huff and puff and us trying to win one on one battles and/or second balls.

Surely we should be hoping for better?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this what it's like now? on 09:38 - Jan 2 with 1693 viewsSwansea_Blue

Undoubtedly keeper could have done better there, but how on earth one of our three tall CBs didn't even challenge for that ball is beyond me. And it wasn't for the first time either.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is this what it's like now? on 09:51 - Jan 2 with 1664 viewsitfc_bucks

Barcelona got caught like that in a champions league semi final.

Pipe down.
Is this what it's like now? on 10:14 - Jan 2 with 1633 viewscrunchie1978

Is this what it's like now? on 17:00 - Jan 1 by blueconscience

Correct.
People are justifying playing Edward's based on 2 desent crosses. The bloke has been a liability all season.
Thought team selection cost us yesterday....drop your out of form goalkeeper and you win the game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024