Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... 11:32 - Jan 17 with 2760 viewshampstead_blue

Is there ever an interview where he doesn't talk about his own career?

Paul, we know. Let it go.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Hey look at me I'm an Ipswich fan.... on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 2583 viewsReuser_is_God

& I love over analysing everything a manager says in his press conference.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 11:38 - Jan 17 with 2568 viewsHerbivore

You're claiming to be Paul Lambert now, Pinocchio?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 11:39 - Jan 17 with 2568 viewsSouperJim

He is a bit McCarthy-esque in a few regards isn't he, personally it doesn't annoy me quite like Mick constantly banging on about Ireland etc did, but I think perhaps that's because Mick always had an air of smugness and arrogance about him that Lambert lacks.

He really doesn't need to keep telling us he's had a good career though, or once again repeat the stuff about how low the club was when he came in.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 11:43 - Jan 17 with 2547 viewsHerbivore

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 11:39 - Jan 17 by SouperJim

He is a bit McCarthy-esque in a few regards isn't he, personally it doesn't annoy me quite like Mick constantly banging on about Ireland etc did, but I think perhaps that's because Mick always had an air of smugness and arrogance about him that Lambert lacks.

He really doesn't need to keep telling us he's had a good career though, or once again repeat the stuff about how low the club was when he came in.

McCarthy never talked about his own career to the extent that Lambert does. Lambert mentions his playing career every time he's interviewed. It doesn't esepcially bother me mind you, I don't pay that much attention to the bland utterings of our managers.
[Post edited 17 Jan 2020 11:45]

Hey look at me I'm an Ipswich fan.... on 11:43 - Jan 17 with 2547 viewsDanTheMan

Hey look at me I'm an Ipswich fan.... on 11:36 - Jan 17 by Reuser_is_God

& I love over analysing everything a manager says in his press conference.

It's a TWTD tradition.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Hey look at me I'm an Ipswich fan.... on 11:55 - Jan 17 with 2517 viewsartsbossbeard

Hey look at me I'm an Ipswich fan.... on 11:43 - Jan 17 by DanTheMan

It's a TWTD tradition.

When you say tradition, do you mean...

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 13:35 - Jan 17 with 2360 viewsCoastalblue

It must be mind numbingly boring for managers to sit in front of the press two or three times a week answering the same questions over and over again. I would imagine they all end up having standard responses to stuff that gets ingrained possibly without even realising it.

I used to do the same in my job, people asking questions that are the same all the time, mentally switch off and trot out a standard answer, then tell about my career in germany before I hung up.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:38 - Jan 17 with 2205 viewstextbackup

what is the difference between him talking about an amazing achievement of his, and a bang average drip bigging up his non existent life all over instagram, twitter, facebook?

atleast PL actually won something of note

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:39 - Jan 17 with 2199 viewstextbackup

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 11:43 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

McCarthy never talked about his own career to the extent that Lambert does. Lambert mentions his playing career every time he's interviewed. It doesn't esepcially bother me mind you, I don't pay that much attention to the bland utterings of our managers.

what did MM ever achieve as a play worth talking about?

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:43 - Jan 17 with 2187 viewsSomethingBlue

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:39 - Jan 17 by textbackup

what did MM ever achieve as a play worth talking about?

More than 50 caps for his country and played for them in a World Cup quarter-final, a level they can only dream of now?

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:44 - Jan 17 with 2185 viewstextbackup

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:43 - Jan 17 by SomethingBlue

More than 50 caps for his country and played for them in a World Cup quarter-final, a level they can only dream of now?

ok, so what did he win for that?

i'm pretty sure a champions league winners medal, and a man of the match performance, beats a WC 1/4 final?

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 2170 viewsSomethingBlue

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:44 - Jan 17 by textbackup

i'm pretty sure a champions league winners medal, and a man of the match performance, beats a WC 1/4 final?

Didn't really know it was a play-off between the two, both men had decent careers.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:56 - Jan 17 with 2147 viewsNo9

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 11:43 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

McCarthy never talked about his career bacause his ego was such that he expected everyone to have the same opinion of his fantastic career as he had.
Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:58 - Jan 17 with 2135 viewseireblue

Not sure, we certainly don’t know if he is ex-forces or also works in a social enterprise, since he doesn’t mention it often.

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:59 - Jan 17 with 2129 viewsMullet

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:56 - Jan 17 by No9

McCarthy never talked about his career bacause his ego was such that he expected everyone to have the same opinion of his fantastic career as he had.

This thread just gets funnier.

Imagine chastising blokes out of envy like you lot have. People should be glad such quality have walked through the club and hope they pass on their expertise to the players.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:01 - Jan 17 with 2116 viewsHerbivore

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:56 - Jan 17 by No9

Okay.......

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:05 - Jan 17 with 2098 viewstextbackup

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:59 - Jan 17 by Mullet

This thread just gets funnier.

Imagine chastising blokes out of envy like you lot have. People should be glad such quality have walked through the club and hope they pass on their expertise to the players.

whos doing it out of envy?

I asked what MM had achieved worth talking about.

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:06 - Jan 17 with 2097 viewstextbackup

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:50 - Jan 17 by SomethingBlue

Didn't really know it was a play-off between the two, both men had decent careers.

its not.

but I wondered if he'd won anything worth talking about

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:10 - Jan 17 with 2077 viewsHerbivore

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:06 - Jan 17 by textbackup

its not.

but I wondered if he'd won anything worth talking about

Think he won the Scottish league back when it wasn't a pub league. That's more than most players achieve in their careers.

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:18 - Jan 17 with 2064 viewshampstead_blue

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:58 - Jan 17 by eireblue

Not sure, we certainly don’t know if he is ex-forces or also works in a social enterprise, since he doesn’t mention it often.

Gimme 5!
Top post...........

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:29 - Jan 17 with 2045 viewsSeablu

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 16:44 - Jan 17 by textbackup

Shame his managerial nous doesn't come close to his on field achievements.
Bit like RK really.
Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 18:12 - Jan 17 with 1976 viewstextbackup

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:10 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

Think he won the Scottish league back when it wasn't a pub league. That's more than most players achieve in their careers.

from wiki

MM
He picked up his first silverware at the Scottish club as they won the league and cup double in his first season. The following season McCarthy again won a Scottish Cup winners medal.

PL
During his seven seasons with Celtic, he won four Scottish Premier League titles, two Scottish Cups, two Scottish League Cups and was Scottish Football Writer's Player of the Year (also nominated for the SPFA Players' Player award) in 2002

Both done alright up there

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 02:26 - Jan 18 with 1730 viewsZacak

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 17:10 - Jan 17 by Herbivore

So his team beat Rangers....
Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 10:36 - Jan 18 with 1529 viewsbournemouthblue

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 13:35 - Jan 17 by Coastalblue

It must be mind numbingly boring for managers to sit in front of the press two or three times a week answering the same questions over and over again. I would imagine they all end up having standard responses to stuff that gets ingrained possibly without even realising it.

I used to do the same in my job, people asking questions that are the same all the time, mentally switch off and trot out a standard answer, then tell about my career in germany before I hung up.

It's basically a go to way of saying he's been there and experienced it all as a player

It's probably just said to fill some air time and add a bit of authority to whatever he is saying

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 10:54 - Jan 18 with 1510 viewsstrikalite

Hey look at me I'm Paul Lambert... on 10:36 - Jan 18 by bournemouthblue

It's basically a go to way of saying he's been there and experienced it all as a player

It's probably just said to fill some air time and add a bit of authority to whatever he is saying

Don't agree with what he said about the u23 level and that it was miles off first team team football, don't think that does any of the u23's any favours mentally myself, big those lads up as much as possible imo....a bit too honest I think..
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024