Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now 15:24 - Jan 19 with 11017 viewswarkthisway

Tranmere free kick was “wonderful “apparently- and the Town fans on the pitch were “idiots”- no unlike you Brenner they are THE fans . You should have been sacked after the “unwashed” comments - no wonder Lambert can’t stand you -
Has this idiot got a job for life?

bentnkuqi

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 21:28 - Jan 19 with 3840 viewsbazgammon

Agree. He is certainly no Bryan Knights, I WANT my local radio station to be biased and partisan. Let the national broadcasters do impartiality. I think Graham Mac is a good broadcaster but Radio Suffolk seems full of 'Alan Patridge' types like Foster and Murphy who seem bulletproof on the station. Look forward to the BBC licence being abolished and ending the 'gravy train' for these big fish in small pond types.

Poll: Lambert

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 21:45 - Jan 19 with 3814 viewsOxford_Blue

Any adult who runs on a pitch is an idiot for that action.

It’s clearly not on and for good reason.
Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 21:46 - Jan 19 with 3807 viewsjeera

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 17:50 - Jan 19 by Tractorgirlforever

Are u serious!.. i live in derby and the local commentary here is cringe worthy!.. so biased its unbelievable, i think they might have dropped craig ramage this season but is there anyone more annoying than him on radio anywhere in the world?. I like brenner and mick mills, altho they do give too much credit to the opposition at times and there is the odd derogatory comment about the team and the odd yawn here and there but when we are doing well the passion and enthusiasm are there to see

I was living that way around 3 years ago so whoever that was at the time.

Yes, it was better.

You maybe don't remember Baxter and Beattie. They were biased as hell and good fun to listen to. Very entertaining.

I didn't say I "didn't like" Brenner nor Mills, nor did I mention their bias either way.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:48]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 22:42 - Jan 19 with 3771 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I like him.

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 01:01 - Jan 20 with 3725 viewsIPS_wich

He was much more enthusiastic about both of our goals.

I don't mind him acknowledging the quality of the Tranmere free-kick. The defending for the header was average (although the guy was a mountain), but the delivery was Beckhamesque.

As for the fans, it does my head in when there are those on here defending running on the pitch. It's not difficult is it - go bananas in the stand but the pitch has to be left to the players. It's only 30 years since we were caged into stands like animals because we couldn't be trusted to stay in the stands. I personally hope those who went on the pitch face a reasonable ban from Portman Rd and away games.
Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 01:44 - Jan 20 with 3712 viewsbraveblue

Can’t really see where he got anything wrong.
Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 01:53 - Jan 20 with 3709 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 15:38 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

I don't really care. I just think it's a bit odd to plan to go on the pitch and risk a ban when there could be much more exciting moments this season. I'd be surprised if anyone spontaneously went mad enough to end up on the pitch without planning it. Each to their own though.

It wouldn’t have been planned.

A good bunch of our fans went to the front for the second half to give some Tranmere fans who were trying to give it to every away fan there some back.

And then there was some scenes when we scored and they just went on. It’s embarrassing that it’s seen as such a big thing by so many on here ffs (not you btw).

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 07:59 - Jan 20 with 3629 viewsSouperJim

I watched the Oxford game on ifollow, first one I've watched, and I found the radio Suffolk commentary to be extremely negative compared to what I was watching. They kept banging on and on about how there had been no shots on target (when in fact there had been 2) and completely whitewashed two teams trying their best to play some football in shocking conditions. They also repeatedly wittered on about the possibility of further rain ending the game, like they were actually willing it to happen just so they could be even more negative. It was a bit of an eye opener being able to see what was happening and compare it to the (far more negative) picture painted by the commentary.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Login to get fewer ads

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 08:18 - Jan 20 with 3611 viewsWeWereZombies

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 21:46 - Jan 19 by jeera

I was living that way around 3 years ago so whoever that was at the time.

Yes, it was better.

You maybe don't remember Baxter and Beattie. They were biased as hell and good fun to listen to. Very entertaining.

I didn't say I "didn't like" Brenner nor Mills, nor did I mention their bias either way.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2020 21:48]

When Radio Suffolk turned off as usual but Radio Shropshire was available throughout the United Kingdom for the Shrewsbury game the improvement in detailed commentary and entertaining conversation was very noticeable - and they leaned a little in favour of the home side whilst still being able to say a few approving things about us.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 09:36 - Jan 20 with 3582 viewsmonty_radio

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 16:59 - Jan 19 by BanksterDebtSlave

Like student grants and affordable homes this is something only to be enjoyed by those of a certain generation.

I got the grant, but running on the pitch at the Town was reserved for winning the league as far as I recall, unless you're recalling those grainy MotD memories of John Motson and Ronnie Radford at Hereford.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 09:57 - Jan 20 with 3571 viewsGeoffSentence

Unusually I find myself defending Brenner, with the caveat that I have only heard the bits of his commentary from the ITFC highlights for this game as I was out enjoying myself with Wife Sentence on Saturday.

I actually though his commentary when Tranmere were attacking in those highlights was relatively toned down compared to how he sometimes is. Maybe he has listened to some of the criticism and taken it on board.

The whole 'great unwashed' fuss was totally over the top, he shouldn't have had to issue any sort of apology for that. It is a general term for the public at large, nothing offensive about it. The poor old fella was a victim of modern day social media hysteria.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 10:26 - Jan 20 with 3550 viewsjeera

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 07:59 - Jan 20 by SouperJim

I watched the Oxford game on ifollow, first one I've watched, and I found the radio Suffolk commentary to be extremely negative compared to what I was watching. They kept banging on and on about how there had been no shots on target (when in fact there had been 2) and completely whitewashed two teams trying their best to play some football in shocking conditions. They also repeatedly wittered on about the possibility of further rain ending the game, like they were actually willing it to happen just so they could be even more negative. It was a bit of an eye opener being able to see what was happening and compare it to the (far more negative) picture painted by the commentary.

Exactly, it's supposed to sound exciting, like you're there, getting worked up at every opportunity, sensing every possibility.

5 Live have generally been pretty good at that. I've often turned off the TV commentary in the past when England have played and stuck 5 live on instead.

It shouldn't sound like a golf tournament.

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 10:28 - Jan 20 with 3544 viewsjeera

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 08:18 - Jan 20 by WeWereZombies

When Radio Suffolk turned off as usual but Radio Shropshire was available throughout the United Kingdom for the Shrewsbury game the improvement in detailed commentary and entertaining conversation was very noticeable - and they leaned a little in favour of the home side whilst still being able to say a few approving things about us.

Quite.

It's not like I expect them to go quiet and not mention it when the opposition has the ball.

I do however, want them to will a ball wide when they get a shot at the Town goal!

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 10:32 - Jan 20 with 3541 viewsSamWhiteUK

Half the people who ran on the pitch looked about 45. They were embarrassing, I mean what the hell do they think they're doing? You know they think they're big and clever and so cool, but they're well into adulthood and they still can't follow basic rules? Yeah, cool innit
Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 10:33 - Jan 20 with 3538 viewsMrTown

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 15:30 - Jan 19 by J2BLUE

Can we not show appreciation for opposition play?

As for the fans on the pitch I don't get risking a ban by going on the pitch but each to their own. Does seem slightly tinpot to do it after scoring a winner at league one Tranmere. Just my opinion...

I personally had no issue with them running on after a winner, emotions were obviously high, it is very rare that anything like that tends to happen at Town. No one was hurt, was clearly all love and passion!

In regards to Brenner, not as massive fan personally, does seem to get really excited for opposition play.

I have noticed in recent times though, he keeps yawning during commentary which I found really strange

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 14:18 - Jan 20 with 3453 viewsBluearmy71

I loathe giving an answer to trolls like yourself but here we go...

If any football supporter from any club can not stand up and say that "that passing from such and such a team was wonderful to the eye" or "that goal that Rashford banged in was amazing" or even still marvel at how brilliant Beckham's free kicks were, then they have no true appreciation for the game itself, Brenner was just pointing out how good the free kick was and he was right it was a wonderful delivery into the box!

And if you are still taking is "great unwashed" comment to heart then go buy some soap, clean yaself up and get over it!

Regarding fans on the pitch is it not a rule that the club can also be fined for their idiotic actions??
Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 14:25 - Jan 20 with 3443 viewsMrTown

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 14:18 - Jan 20 by Bluearmy71

I loathe giving an answer to trolls like yourself but here we go...

If any football supporter from any club can not stand up and say that "that passing from such and such a team was wonderful to the eye" or "that goal that Rashford banged in was amazing" or even still marvel at how brilliant Beckham's free kicks were, then they have no true appreciation for the game itself, Brenner was just pointing out how good the free kick was and he was right it was a wonderful delivery into the box!

And if you are still taking is "great unwashed" comment to heart then go buy some soap, clean yaself up and get over it!

Regarding fans on the pitch is it not a rule that the club can also be fined for their idiotic actions??

Didn't hear Brenner's comments this time round as was actually at the game and haven't seen the highlights back, live I thought it was a great delivery so he's certainly not wrong.

There have been times where I thought he does get overly excited at an opposition attack.

Think it is harsh to label it as idiotic actions, just pure emotion and passion more than anything else.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 14:29 - Jan 20 with 3430 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 10:33 - Jan 20 by MrTown

I personally had no issue with them running on after a winner, emotions were obviously high, it is very rare that anything like that tends to happen at Town. No one was hurt, was clearly all love and passion!

In regards to Brenner, not as massive fan personally, does seem to get really excited for opposition play.

I have noticed in recent times though, he keeps yawning during commentary which I found really strange

I don't find it strange. Some of us have been yawning, during games, for years.

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Obviously you're talking crap..... on 14:34 - Jan 20 with 3433 viewsBloots

.....and I rarely get to hear Brenner until I see the highlights online with the audio added.

It's a trend among the kids these days to moan about commentators and try and pick holes in their attitude.

It's odd really because when I was a kid the commentators were held in high regard and to a certain degree untouchable.

(That said Brenner does have an annoying habit of shouting "Surely he must score......" and then when you see the chance it was 50/50 at best.)
[Post edited 20 Jan 2020 14:34]

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 17:17 - Jan 20 with 3340 viewsJ2BLUE

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 21:28 - Jan 19 by bazgammon

Agree. He is certainly no Bryan Knights, I WANT my local radio station to be biased and partisan. Let the national broadcasters do impartiality. I think Graham Mac is a good broadcaster but Radio Suffolk seems full of 'Alan Patridge' types like Foster and Murphy who seem bulletproof on the station. Look forward to the BBC licence being abolished and ending the 'gravy train' for these big fish in small pond types.

Biased and partisan? Like the guest Brenner has with him every week?

It's not uncommon to have a play by play commentator and a colour commentator. Do people really think he has some sort of Ipswich bias? Don't you think he would rather be commentating on Ipswich vs Liverpool in the Premier League than Ipswich vs Blackpool in league one?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 19:12 - Jan 20 with 3285 viewsBerkshire_Blue

What’s embarrassing is when you hear one-eyed radio commentators acting as cheerleaders for a team. Reporters/commentators in any form of media should be balanced and fair. Pitch invaders are idiots and where’s the harm in acknowledging good play by anyone?
Brenner Woolley - embarrassing now on 09:07 - Jan 21 with 3187 viewsChrisd

I don't mind him personally.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024