Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham in playoffs 01:59 - Jan 29 with 5367 viewsIpswichlove

If we end up getting Rotherham in either semi final or final of playoffs will be a massive mental barrier to us after getting beat twice. We can’t handle their style of football, Jackson said it in his interview.

However, good chance they will go up automatically.

Poll: Season ticket
Blog: The Next Three - Part Two

Rotherham in playoffs on 04:38 - Jan 29 with 4963 viewsgainsboroughblue

I think we are in trouble whoever we would get in a play-off scenario.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Rotherham in playoffs on 06:51 - Jan 29 with 4851 viewsElephantintheRoom

On current form the only way Town can go up via the play-offs is to win both ties on penalty shoot outs

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Rotherham in playoffs on 06:58 - Jan 29 with 4824 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham will go up automatically. I make it 50/50 whether we'll even make the play offs at the minute.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Rotherham in playoffs on 07:19 - Jan 29 with 4794 viewsBlueySwede

I don´t buy the " can’t handle their style of football" crap. Jackson said we weren´t at the races and I got the same feeling. That bothers me, how can you not be at the races against another team in the top and nearly a 1000 travelling fans? I am hoping that Lambert is more angry about that performance than he is letting on in his post game interview.
If you are good enough, other teams style of play is not that important in my opinion, quality will come through in the end. The question is: How good of a team are we?
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 7:19]
Rotherham in playoffs on 07:20 - Jan 29 with 4781 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham in playoffs on 07:19 - Jan 29 by BlueySwede

I don´t buy the " can’t handle their style of football" crap. Jackson said we weren´t at the races and I got the same feeling. That bothers me, how can you not be at the races against another team in the top and nearly a 1000 travelling fans? I am hoping that Lambert is more angry about that performance than he is letting on in his post game interview.
If you are good enough, other teams style of play is not that important in my opinion, quality will come through in the end. The question is: How good of a team are we?

I think we lack mental toughness to be honest. We don't show up for big games and when the going gets tough we are very easily cowed.

Rotherham in playoffs on 07:22 - Jan 29 with 4769 viewsTractorCam

Rotherham will win the league.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Rotherham in playoffs on 07:24 - Jan 29 with 4752 viewsJDB23

Rotherham in playoffs on 07:20 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

I think we lack mental toughness to be honest. We don't show up for big games and when the going gets tough we are very easily cowed.

Yeah, our players sh!t themselves playing Rotherham United ffs. Not quite sure they have the mental strength to be playing for a team our size, bottle it every time.
Rotherham in playoffs on 13:33 - Jan 29 with 4434 viewsDurovigutum

Yep. Like playing West Ham under BFJ. We can't adjust.
Login to get fewer ads

The play offs are live on Sky.... on 13:35 - Jan 29 with 4422 viewsBloots

....and they involve playing against a top 6 team.

Forget about it.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

The play offs are live on Sky.... on 13:43 - Jan 29 with 4382 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

The play offs are live on Sky.... on 13:35 - Jan 29 by Bloots

....and they involve playing against a top 6 team.

Forget about it.

I think all the players need to see physicists-they can’t go on to the pitch thinking they can’t win.

We also need to win a game on tv -at some point!
E=MC2 (n/t) on 13:46 - Jan 29 with 4363 viewsBloots

The play offs are live on Sky.... on 13:43 - Jan 29 by BtreeBlueBlood

I think all the players need to see physicists-they can’t go on to the pitch thinking they can’t win.

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Rotherham in playoffs on 13:48 - Jan 29 with 4352 viewsITFC_Forever

Rotherham in playoffs on 07:20 - Jan 29 by Herbivore

We've been like that for decades, with the odd (very) rare exception.

Don't see why it will change now....

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Rotherham in playoffs on 14:16 - Jan 29 with 4288 viewsDarth_Koont

Rotherham in playoffs on 07:19 - Jan 29 by BlueySwede

Hmmm. Maybe Huws and Downes weren't at the races but it seems that if they can't win the central midfield battle then we don't really have another way to win.

Luckily, I don't think that's a problem against almost all other teams as Crooks and Barlaser were fantastically good last night. But shows we have some work to do to get the team strong enough to get promoted with room to spare — and long-term able to deal with the Championship.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rotherham in playoffs on 17:34 - Jan 29 with 4117 viewsbluejacko

Rotherham in playoffs on 13:48 - Jan 29 by ITFC_Forever

We've been like that for decades, with the odd (very) rare exception.

Don't see why it will change now....

That’s right enough! Every time we get to a game that really matters they do bottle it big time. 😡
The play offs are live on Sky.... on 17:44 - Jan 29 with 4092 viewsTractorCam

The players did that in 2002 before Bolton away

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Rotherham in playoffs on 18:40 - Jan 29 with 3980 viewsgordon

Rotherham in playoffs on 04:38 - Jan 29 by gainsboroughblue

I think we are in trouble whoever we would get in a play-off scenario.

As long as we don't get drawn against a top 8 team we should be fine.
Rotherham in playoffs on 19:48 - Jan 29 with 3863 viewsquirkie

We would lose in the play offs no matter who else is there. We have for years totally dismissed cup football and wouldn't be able to compete effectively the play offs which is basically a cup KO competition.

Academic really as we will end up finishing outside the play offs, we are that bad to be honest.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

Rotherham in playoffs on 01:07 - Jan 30 with 3736 viewsgainsboroughblue

Rotherham in playoffs on 18:40 - Jan 29 by gordon

As long as we don't get drawn against a top 8 team we should be fine.

Fingers crossed eh

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Rotherham in playoffs on 06:06 - Jan 30 with 3648 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

For what it’s worth, I still think we will win the league.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

The play offs are live on Sky.... on 07:29 - Jan 30 with 3589 viewsDubtractor

I think they all need to be given a copy of Something inside so strong by labbe siffre.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Rotherham in playoffs on 09:45 - Jan 30 with 3483 viewsr2d2

More likely to get Wycombe in the playoffs. They play the same style, so thats us done for. Or Peterborough, and we wont live with their strike force.
Rotherham in playoffs on 09:54 - Jan 30 with 3469 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham in playoffs on 09:45 - Jan 30 by r2d2

More likely to get Wycombe in the playoffs. They play the same style, so thats us done for. Or Peterborough, and we wont live with their strike force.

We should really have beaten Wycombe both times we played them. I'd not be at all concerned about Wycombe.

Rotherham in playoffs on 10:17 - Jan 30 with 3446 viewsBluedandy

We are proper bottle jobs .... we have competed in 8 Championship playoff semis since 1987 and lost 7.

The one time we stumbled through (albeit in exceedingly dramatic fashion) it was only because Sheepy got the away goal rule ditched the preceding summer.

Our track record in League Cup semis is lamentable ... and to make matters worse we have lost to the budgerigars in both competitions.

That said once we get to Wembley (if you exclude the Charity Shield) we have a 100% win ratio ... and as we know our home record in all European competitions is quite extraordinary.
Rotherham in playoffs on 10:23 - Jan 30 with 3432 viewsHerbivore

Rotherham in playoffs on 10:17 - Jan 30 by Bluedandy

We are proper bottle jobs .... we have competed in 8 Championship playoff semis since 1987 and lost 7.

The one time we stumbled through (albeit in exceedingly dramatic fashion) it was only because Sheepy got the away goal rule ditched the preceding summer.

Our track record in League Cup semis is lamentable ... and to make matters worse we have lost to the budgerigars in both competitions.

That said once we get to Wembley (if you exclude the Charity Shield) we have a 100% win ratio ... and as we know our home record in all European competitions is quite extraordinary.

We didn't get through because of the change to the away goals rule. Away goals only kicked in after extra time, not after 90 minutes, and after extra time we'd won the tie 7-5 on aggregate.

Rotherham in playoffs on 11:01 - Jan 30 with 3398 viewsBluedandy

Rotherham in playoffs on 10:23 - Jan 30 by Herbivore

We didn't get through because of the change to the away goals rule. Away goals only kicked in after extra time, not after 90 minutes, and after extra time we'd won the tie 7-5 on aggregate.

You're right about 2000 ... it would not have mattered .... however, just in case, a piqued Sheepy did get the rule scrapped after Bolton beat us on away goals the previous season.

However main point stands .... out of 15 domestic semis (playoffs, league and fa cups) we have only made it through two .... that's fertile bottle job territory.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024