Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Phil Ham 16:08 - Feb 14 with 6915 viewsblueysbackside

Well done for having the balls to ruffle the feathers of Lambert today. I got the sense that here’s a man very much in the comfort zone. He needs to understand this isn’t good enough. Well done, you.
FAO Phil Ham on 16:11 - Feb 14 with 5640 viewsPecker

Watch the video on the home page. He is clearly rattled. What a tool. No plausible answers for Phil's questions. This man should be botted out of this club as soon as possible. Poor excuse for a manager.
FAO Phil Ham on 17:26 - Feb 14 with 5493 viewsDeano69

Lamby clearly doesn't like Hammy

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:09 - Feb 14 with 5316 viewshampstead_blue

Having just watched the video I feel that Phil's questions got the answers they deserved.

Sorry, but PL was absolutely spot on.

He states that; Regardless of the size, wage bill, talent, of the players and club.....you have to earn the right.

He's telling us they need to go out there and play in League One. Maybe some are still elsewhere in their minds.

PL has this completely nailed on.
Get out there and beat them. If you're supposed to be better, rise to it. Unless you've got the balls to stand-up and earn it there are players who are at their max in this league who will smash you all day long.

Look at Man City. They are nowhere near Liverpool. Arsenal, Man Utd, Stoke, to name but a few.

Wages and talent mean nowt without heart and balls.
Pl - spot-on.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

FAO Phil Ham on 19:12 - Feb 14 with 5299 viewsHARRY10

FAO Phil Ham on 17:26 - Feb 14 by Deano69

Lamby clearly doesn't like Hammy

It was the questions, I'm afraid

Using unknown information to ask a question is never the best of ideas - as no one outside of the club knows those figures (wages bill).

Ask a question you know the answer to if you are trying to make a point, similarly don't try and pin someone down with speculative information either.

So I am not sure what Phil was trying to achieve.
FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:20 - Feb 14 with 5263 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:09 - Feb 14 by hampstead_blue

Having just watched the video I feel that Phil's questions got the answers they deserved.

He states that; Regardless of the size, wage bill, talent, of the players and club.....you have to earn the right.

He's telling us they need to go out there and play in League One. Maybe some are still elsewhere in their minds.

Get out there and beat them. If you're supposed to be better, rise to it. Unless you've got the balls to stand-up and earn it there are players who are at their max in this league who will smash you all day long.

Look at Man City. They are nowhere near Liverpool. Arsenal, Man Utd, Stoke, to name but a few.

Pl - spot-on.

except that isn't exactly what he said. He was being an tw@t as per

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:23 - Feb 14 with 5254 viewsPinewoodblue

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:09 - Feb 14 by hampstead_blue

Pl - spot-on.

In which case they shouldn’t be anywhere near the team sheet. Phil was right to ask and, if truth b4E known, suspect Phil got the answer he expected.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:55 - Feb 14 with 5138 viewshampstead_blue

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:23 - Feb 14 by Pinewoodblue

In which case they shouldn’t be anywhere near the team sheet. Phil was right to ask and, if truth b4E known, suspect Phil got the answer he expected.

PL is correct.

Regardless of who you are, what you earn and where you've come from, you have to earn the right to win a game.
The players haven't done that. For whatever reason.

PL's rotation tactic was incorrect, but that wasn't the question.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

FAO Phil Ham on 19:59 - Feb 14 with 5129 viewsSwansea_Blue

FAO Phil Ham on 19:12 - Feb 14 by HARRY10

It was the questions, I'm afraid

Using unknown information to ask a question is never the best of ideas - as no one outside of the club knows those figures (wages bill).

Ask a question you know the answer to if you are trying to make a point, similarly don't try and pin someone down with speculative information either.

So I am not sure what Phil was trying to achieve.

I thought it was common knowledge that we have one of, if not the, biggest wage bill in the league? Or have I got that wrong? I’m sure other managers have said they couldn’t match us when it’s come to some deals (Norwood for one).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

FAO Phil Ham on 20:03 - Feb 14 with 5106 viewsFixed_It

FAO Phil Ham on 19:59 - Feb 14 by Swansea_Blue

I thought it was common knowledge that we have one of, if not the, biggest wage bill in the league? Or have I got that wrong? I’m sure other managers have said they couldn’t match us when it’s come to some deals (Norwood for one).

I'm sure it's right - but the point stands that Phil couldn't back it up with facts which allowed PL to get away with demeaning the question.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 20:16 - Feb 14 with 5038 viewsbluefunk

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 19:55 - Feb 14 by hampstead_blue

PL is correct.

Regardless of who you are, what you earn and where you've come from, you have to earn the right to win a game.
The players haven't done that. For whatever reason.

PL's rotation tactic was incorrect, but that wasn't the question.

He is correct, but he’s the man tasked with ensuring they are both prepared as individuals and set out as a team to earn that right. He has failed to do so - he allowed players to get carried away with the start (that embarrassing line acknowledging fans at Gillingham for example), failed to arrest the slide when it began, failed to motivate his players to play with any intensity or tempo for large parts of the season, and now we have players giving 8nterviews which clearly show that they accept mediocrity.

He can f@ck off now as far as I’m concerned
FAO Phil Ham on 20:28 - Feb 14 with 4978 viewsOxford_Blue

Yes well done Phil. Some proper journalism as opposed to Radio Suffolk just going through the motions, being terrified of upsetting Lambert.
FAO Phil Ham on 20:50 - Feb 14 with 4875 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I’ll twelfth this, great work Phil

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 20:58 - Feb 14 with 4841 viewsTrequartista

Pl - spot-on.

Nobody disagreed with that, the question was about how we are performing in relation to wage bill. He answered a different question as he didn't like the one he was asked.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 21:01 - Feb 14 with 4817 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Pl - spot-on.

I don’t think anyone would doubt that, but that wasn’t what he was asked

Plus a more pertinent point would be who’s responsibility is it if we’re not earning the right to win games?

Clue: It’s Lamberts

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

FAO Phil Ham on 21:12 - Feb 14 with 4755 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil Ham on 20:50 - Feb 14 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’ll twelfth this, great work Phil

Thanks all!
FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 21:15 - Feb 14 with 4733 viewsOxford_Blue

Pl - spot-on.

Actually, Lambert was visibly riled which shows he is under a of pressure. There was no need for him to ridicule Phil, and it came across as petty.

Also, he didn’t answer Phil’s questions. Phil was really saying that is it reasonable to expect the club to be getting promoted this season, including because we have a strong squad including players who were brought in to play championship football. If this is true then Lambert is failing. Lambert’s only response was the vague “you have to earn the right”.

Well the obvious response to that is that we haven’t earned the right because we are outside the play offs. So is this good enough or not?
FAO Phil Ham on 21:16 - Feb 14 with 4740 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil Ham on 20:03 - Feb 14 by Fixed_It

I'm sure it's right - but the point stands that Phil couldn't back it up with facts which allowed PL to get away with demeaning the question.

Was actually surprised the point was contended as I think it's nailed on that our wage bill is one of the biggest in the division, I wasn't trying to discuss that.The crux of the question I was trying to get to was essentially the one he answered in terms of the club's history etc and not having any God-given right to a place in the top two.
FAO Phil Ham on 21:16 - Feb 14 with 4738 viewshype313

FAO Phil Ham on 21:12 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

Thanks all!

Well done, about time some serious probing questions were asked. Thought Lambert came out of that badly, and there wasn't really any need to be such an arse. That drinking comment was childish and disrespectful.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 21:19 - Feb 14 with 4713 viewsPhilTWTD

Pl - spot-on.

I agree with that answer re no God-given right, of course he's correct. Man United wouldn't deserve to win League One just because they're Man United and have the biggest wage bill.

The point I made was that given the club having one of the biggest wage bills the players were right to be talking about targeting automatic promotion when they were talking in those terms earlier in the season, following on from an earlier question along those lines.
FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 21:24 - Feb 14 with 4670 viewsjeera

FAO Phil Ham - Sirry Phil but I'm with PL on this one. on 21:19 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

I agree with that answer re no God-given right, of course he's correct. Man United wouldn't deserve to win League One just because they're Man United and have the biggest wage bill.

The point I made was that given the club having one of the biggest wage bills the players were right to be talking about targeting automatic promotion when they were talking in those terms earlier in the season, following on from an earlier question along those lines.

I'm struggling to see why this needs to be explained.

It's not complicated.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

FAO Phil Ham on 21:31 - Feb 14 with 4627 viewsPippin1970

PL wont get a decent job if he fails here after this. He knows that and he needs to get up this season whatever way possible. The three who drop down from the Championshio are far better than the ones from this season.
FAO Phil Ham on 21:33 - Feb 14 with 4605 viewsjeera

FAO Phil Ham on 21:31 - Feb 14 by Pippin1970

PL wont get a decent job if he fails here after this. He knows that and he needs to get up this season whatever way possible. The three who drop down from the Championshio are far better than the ones from this season.

When he goes he'll do what people like him always do, and blame everyone else.

FAO Phil Ham on 21:35 - Feb 14 with 4606 viewsPhilTWTD

FAO Phil Ham on 21:16 - Feb 14 by hype313

Well done, about time some serious probing questions were asked. Thought Lambert came out of that badly, and there wasn't really any need to be such an arse. That drinking comment was childish and disrespectful.

To be fair, the drinking comment was a joke, he's said the same in jest previously to questions he's not liked.

Actually, although PL evidently wasn't particularly pleased with the line of questioning, I've certainly had a far worse reaction to questions from certain other previous managers.
FAO Phil Ham on 21:44 - Feb 14 with 4542 viewsPJH

FAO Phil Ham on 21:35 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

To be fair, the drinking comment was a joke, he's said the same in jest previously to questions he's not liked.

Actually, although PL evidently wasn't particularly pleased with the line of questioning, I've certainly had a far worse reaction to questions from certain other previous managers.

It seems to me that we are just about at a critical time regarding Paul Lambert because he is close to losing a lot of the good will that he has built with the fan base and if and when he loses that he has got little left-well apart from his five year contract.

We are close to negativity and apathy, already got it on here but it is starting to crop up at games both home and away.

I don't think that he can afford to not win tomorrow's game.
FAO Phil Ham on 21:45 - Feb 14 with 4537 viewsjeera

FAO Phil Ham on 21:35 - Feb 14 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps he'd like to write out the questions he'd prefer, then have them printed as handouts for you guys.

In advance too so you all have time to learn them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024