Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country 20:48 - Mar 9 with 13923 viewsElderGrizzly

F*cking hell

Plus Israelis about to quarantine everyone entering the country from Thursday

[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 20:49]
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:16 - Mar 9 with 4069 viewsDanTheMan

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:09 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

Why would a vaccine be over a year away? They're not going to go through the whole extended process of clinical trials with this.

Not sure that is entirely true. Need to thoroughly test vaccines to make sure you don't make the spread even worse.

Last I heard it was at least a year away. Don't think we've even got to human trials yet.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:17 - Mar 9 with 4061 viewsbluelagos

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

How will airport checks help detect a virus with a 14 day incubation period?

No one is suggesting they are fool proof. But those who have a temperature can be immediately tested and if necessary quarantined. Which I guess is why lots of airports seem to be doing this.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:18 - Mar 9 with 4059 viewsDripFedFred

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:13 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

The sensible and responsible thing to do would be watch the games at home until this has blown over.

IPTV. Every game home and away live as it happens. Although for the home games you have to endure BBC RS commentary.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:18 - Mar 9 with 4053 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:09 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

Why would a vaccine be over a year away? They're not going to go through the whole extended process of clinical trials with this.

Pretty much all companies and health services have said it will be at least a year to test and then produce in the massive quantities needed.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:19 - Mar 9 with 4052 viewsGuthrum

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:16 - Mar 9 by DanTheMan

Not sure that is entirely true. Need to thoroughly test vaccines to make sure you don't make the spread even worse.

Last I heard it was at least a year away. Don't think we've even got to human trials yet.

I don't believe we've even got to the effective vaccine stage yet (tho haven't spoken to my main informant for a couple of days).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:19 - Mar 9 with 4049 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:11 - Mar 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Presumably they have closed the borders then and banned private jets for taking off?

Why have you down voted a question Stokie...?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:19 - Mar 9 with 4044 viewsbluelagos

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:10 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

In the first scenario, at least you're in the open air, not a tightly-packed room.

That was the gist of what they were saying.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:22 - Mar 9 with 4024 viewsDanTheMan

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:19 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

I don't believe we've even got to the effective vaccine stage yet (tho haven't spoken to my main informant for a couple of days).

Last I read, some places have reached animal testing.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:22 - Mar 9 with 4021 viewshype313

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:19 - Mar 9 by Guthrum

https://www.pharmaceutical-technology.com/news/german-researchers-covid-19-drug/

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:22 - Mar 9 with 4021 viewsElderGrizzly

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 by GlasgowBlue

How will airport checks help detect a virus with a 14 day incubation period?

They won’t with everyone, as it of course depends on each individual. Average incubation is 5 to 6 days.

Its why we should be taking more precautions with our advice to those returning, not just carrying on as normal
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:24 - Mar 9 with 4014 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Fortunately they can still go to work....not sure if this includes bars and restaurants....some things are more important than stopping the virus spread it seems...this for me falls into the 'things that don't quite add up' category.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:26 - Mar 9 with 3997 viewsDripFedFred

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:19 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

That was the gist of what they were saying.

Does it really make much difference for a virus such as this which can transmit airborne and not die quickly?

People might not be coughing or sneezing but football crowds tend to be very vocal. Shouting, singing, screaming at the ref emits just as much as a sneeze or cough.

I have to admit I am in a more vulnerable group due to age, you young 20s and 30s bucks might not have as much to worry about. Personally, i'm taking as many precautions as I can.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:26 - Mar 9 with 3998 viewsElderGrizzly

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:18 - Mar 9 by StokieBlue

Pretty much all companies and health services have said it will be at least a year to test and then produce in the massive quantities needed.

SB

1 company in China has said it will start human trials next month.

That will be fun for those prisoners with it
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:27 - Mar 9 with 3999 viewsJ2BLUE

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:24 - Mar 9 by BanksterDebtSlave

Fortunately they can still go to work....not sure if this includes bars and restaurants....some things are more important than stopping the virus spread it seems...this for me falls into the 'things that don't quite add up' category.

t's a bit odd that big sporting events are going ahead. One person at Cheltenham could kick start a major spread surely?

There is also the possibility that I haven't got a clue what i'm talking about.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:29 - Mar 9 with 3983 viewsBloomBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:05 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

On the radio earlier, they gave the scenario were you go the footie, and you are at risk from the persons next to you.

Behind closed doors footie, we go to the pub to watch it and probably interact with a dozen or so potential virus carriers.

So not as simple as it seems.

Which is why some people are saying behind closed doors equals no fans and NO live tv, if not loads will simply stand in a pub beside each other watching it.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:29 - Mar 9 with 3978 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:26 - Mar 9 by ElderGrizzly

1 company in China has said it will start human trials next month.

That will be fun for those prisoners with it

Indeed.

That doesn't go against what I said though, the time to test, assess and produce is about a year at the minimum.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:32 - Mar 9 with 3966 viewsBloomBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:27 - Mar 9 by J2BLUE

t's a bit odd that big sporting events are going ahead. One person at Cheltenham could kick start a major spread surely?

There is also the possibility that I haven't got a clue what i'm talking about.

Or one of those people panic buying in Tesco could be spreading it, locking down isnt as easy as it sounds
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:34 - Mar 9 with 3951 viewsJ2BLUE

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:32 - Mar 9 by BloomBlue

Or one of those people panic buying in Tesco could be spreading it, locking down isnt as easy as it sounds

Agreed.

Truly impaired.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:36 - Mar 9 with 3944 viewsfooters

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:34 - Mar 9 by J2BLUE

Agreed.

How much quinoa have you got, exactly?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:38 - Mar 9 with 3921 viewsJ2BLUE

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:36 - Mar 9 by footers

How much quinoa have you got, exactly?

NOT ENOUGH.

I might go and panic buy the sh1t out of quinoa and pearl barley tomorrow.

Truly impaired.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:40 - Mar 9 with 3911 viewsfooters

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:38 - Mar 9 by J2BLUE

NOT ENOUGH.

I might go and panic buy the sh1t out of quinoa and pearl barley tomorrow.

You buy it, I'll cook it. Sounds the safest bet to me. Will buy tickets down tomorrow.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 22:42 - Mar 9 with 3829 viewsjaykay

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:52 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

Still dont understand how other countries temp test arrivals from overseas yet we dont...

but we were told on here handcock was doing everything a good government should be doing

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 23:11 - Mar 9 with 3801 viewsRyorry

This looks like an amazing tool for tracking the virus & how it's spread tho - well done Liverpool Uni scientists - could be a breakthrough in controlling the outbreak -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51804294

"Scientists are analysing the unique genetic code of individual samples from infected patients to track how the coronavirus is spreading across the UK.

Each sample of its genetic material, RNA, reveals another step in the chain of infections - who infected whom.

University of Liverpool scientists can also identify other viruses and bacteria in patients' throat swabs.

And this may help explain why some patients with no known underlying health conditions become seriously ill.

"The aim is to find out who is getting sick, what kind of illness they have and why - is it the virus that is causing it, is their immune system over-responding or do they have some kind of super-infection?" chief investigator Prof Calum Semple told BBC News."
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 23:12]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 00:38 - Mar 10 with 3749 viewsBlueBadger

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 23:11 - Mar 9 by Ryorry

This looks like an amazing tool for tracking the virus & how it's spread tho - well done Liverpool Uni scientists - could be a breakthrough in controlling the outbreak -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51804294

"Scientists are analysing the unique genetic code of individual samples from infected patients to track how the coronavirus is spreading across the UK.

Each sample of its genetic material, RNA, reveals another step in the chain of infections - who infected whom.

University of Liverpool scientists can also identify other viruses and bacteria in patients' throat swabs.

And this may help explain why some patients with no known underlying health conditions become seriously ill.

"The aim is to find out who is getting sick, what kind of illness they have and why - is it the virus that is causing it, is their immune system over-responding or do they have some kind of super-infection?" chief investigator Prof Calum Semple told BBC News."
[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 23:12]

Yes, but *some deliberate misrepresentation of the data here* means that it's not actually real.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 00:39 - Mar 10 with 3747 viewsBlueBadger

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 20:54 - Mar 9 by bluelagos

Yet 2 weeks ago, Nigeria was screening all arrivals and even internal flights too.

We do seem to be behind in this respect.

All those countries were listening EXPERTS though. If you Get Behind Your Country, all will be well.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024