Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country 20:48 - Mar 9 with 13924 viewsElderGrizzly

F*cking hell

Plus Israelis about to quarantine everyone entering the country from Thursday

[Post edited 9 Mar 2020 20:49]
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 00:56 - Mar 10 with 2781 viewsElderGrizzly

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 00:39 - Mar 10 by BlueBadger

All those countries were listening EXPERTS though. If you Get Behind Your Country, all will be well.

This is sobering, if patterns continue to follow

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 06:59 - Mar 10 with 2706 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 00:56 - Mar 10 by ElderGrizzly

This is sobering, if patterns continue to follow

Not surprising at all, I've tried to point out that we are where Italy was a few weeks ago previously.

The numbers are also laggy for various reasons. The cases everywhere are likely higher than the official numbers.

I believe Japan closed schools for two months?

Edit: Just listening to radio 4 and it seems ridiculous that a multi day event with people coming and going each day from around the country like the Cheltenham Festival is being allowed to go ahead.

SB
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 7:30]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:39 - Mar 10 with 2679 viewsDanTheMan

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:06 - Mar 9 by DanTheMan

I have a feeling I may not be going to Italy ins a couple of weeks.

Dumb question here.

Foreign office has said only essential travel. Do I have to cancel the holiday now myself? I take it I'm entitled to a full refund. I've got travel insurance as well, do I have to go through that?

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:41 - Mar 10 with 2674 viewsGlasgowBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:39 - Mar 10 by DanTheMan

Dumb question here.

Foreign office has said only essential travel. Do I have to cancel the holiday now myself? I take it I'm entitled to a full refund. I've got travel insurance as well, do I have to go through that?

Package? Should be ABTA protected.

DIY? Did you pay by credit card? If so you should get your money back.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 7:42]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:43 - Mar 10 with 2671 viewsDanTheMan

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:41 - Mar 10 by GlasgowBlue

ATOL but not ABTA as far as I can tell, it was a Hotel + Flight through lastminute (who I will never use again, truly awful customer service).

Stupidly did not do it through the credit card, lesson learned there.

Not like I'm going to on the breadline if I don't get the money back immediately so time isn't an issue if it takes a month or so to get the refund.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:43 - Mar 10 with 2670 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:39 - Mar 10 by DanTheMan

Dumb question here.

I think you'll get it all back as it's the Italian government preventing access. I just don't think the FO advice has been updated for the events last night yet.

SB

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:45 - Mar 10 with 2668 viewsDanTheMan

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:43 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

I think you'll get it all back as it's the Italian government preventing access. I just don't think the FO advice has been updated for the events last night yet.

SB

They have actually been surprisingly quick on this and have updated.

"The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to Italy, due to an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (Covid-19) and in line with various controls and restrictions imposed by the Italian authorities on 9 March."

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:58 - Mar 10 with 2656 viewsBlue_Order

This is an interesting/alarming read.

Login to get fewer ads

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 08:00 - Mar 10 with 2653 viewsBloomBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:41 - Mar 10 by GlasgowBlue

Depends did you buy it from a travel agent in the UK, if yes then you will be protected.
If you purchased via the internet then that is causing a lot of problems as a lot of companies on the internet are registered in foreign countries and then different rules however if you used a credit card then you'll have protection there
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 08:24 - Mar 10 with 2622 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:45 - Mar 10 by DanTheMan

They have actually been surprisingly quick on this and have updated.

"The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to Italy, due to an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (Covid-19) and in line with various controls and restrictions imposed by the Italian authorities on 9 March."

I think that meant the morning advice. Either way their advice is you should be in line with the Italian controls which are countrywide now.

I'd take that to mean you can claim your money back.

SB

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 08:29 - Mar 10 with 2616 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:58 - Mar 10 by Blue_Order

That sounds horrendous if true.

SB

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:00 - Mar 10 with 2582 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 08:29 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

That sounds horrendous if true.

SB

Indeed and I suspect not too much emphasis on the 'if.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:04 - Mar 10 with 2578 viewsPinewoodblue

Celebrity Cruises have tightened their restriction on boarding. Now barred from boarding if you have been to places like Italy within the last 20 days.

If you have been to France, Germany or Spain in the 20 days prior to boarding a more detailed mandatory medical check will be carried out. Same applies if you have had any contact with anyone who visited those Countries in last 20 days. This last restriction applies to Caribbean cruises only.

17 days to boarding.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:05 - Mar 10 with 2575 viewsStokieBlue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:04 - Mar 10 by Pinewoodblue

Celebrity Cruises have tightened their restriction on boarding. Now barred from boarding if you have been to places like Italy within the last 20 days.

If you have been to France, Germany or Spain in the 20 days prior to boarding a more detailed mandatory medical check will be carried out. Same applies if you have had any contact with anyone who visited those Countries in last 20 days. This last restriction applies to Caribbean cruises only.

17 days to boarding.

Very sensible.

Cruise ships are a sealed ecosystem and easy pickings for a virus.

SB

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:15 - Mar 10 with 2568 viewsPinewoodblue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:05 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

Very sensible.

Cruise ships are a sealed ecosystem and easy pickings for a virus.

SB

The unexpected part was increasing the period from 14 to 20 days.

Staying in Hotrl couple of nights before sailing and know a German couple on the same cruise.

By the time we get there these restrictions will most likely apply to UK as well.

2023 year of destiny

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:21 - Mar 10 with 2553 viewsitfcjoe

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:15 - Mar 10 by Pinewoodblue

The unexpected part was increasing the period from 14 to 20 days.

Staying in Hotrl couple of nights before sailing and know a German couple on the same cruise.

By the time we get there these restrictions will most likely apply to UK as well.

And cruises are full of old people which makes them especially dangerous.

My parents are due to go one one in early April from Miami to New York via the Carribbean but who knows what will be happening by then - 2 days later departure date and they would be entitled to a full refund which they'd probably take truth be told

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:44 - Mar 10 with 2539 viewsRyorry

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 07:58 - Mar 10 by Blue_Order

It is, but actually all too predictable unfortunately, if you do the exponential maths. Maybe some peoples' mental health defence mechanism is to prefer not to think about it, but given that the NHS is working to full capacity in normal circumstances most of the time anyway ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 11:03 - Mar 10 with 2504 viewsPinewoodblue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 09:21 - Mar 10 by itfcjoe

And cruises are full of old people which makes them especially dangerous.

My parents are due to go one one in early April from Miami to New York via the Carribbean but who knows what will be happening by then - 2 days later departure date and they would be entitled to a full refund which they'd probably take truth be told

We are going on a cruise where a company has chartered the boat, while Celebrity have offered to reschedule any cruise for anyone who is concerned the charter company are saying no refund for cancellation and no transfer to alternative date.

Had to book flight separately so that isn’t refundable unless the UK government advises citizens not to travel to USA then insurance would cover it.

2023 year of destiny

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 11:37 - Mar 10 with 2469 viewsSwansea_Blue

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 21:08 - Mar 9 by sparks

Indeed- you follow the scientific advice.

Though if other countries have diffferent advice, its fair to question. its also fair to question whether this Government actually follows the advice, and whether it would be honest about whether it is doing so or not.

Plus the other complication is that the government has deliberately broken that link of trust, so it should come as no surprise if they or their experts are not trusted.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 11:52 - Mar 10 with 2452 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting to see someone with a bit of nouse talk about the effectiveness of Chinese measures. US slant, but it makes you wonder whether we need to be doing more and to hell with the economic impacts.

[Post edited 10 Mar 2020 11:52]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 15:55 - Mar 10 with 2388 viewsStokieBlue

Greece have gone early - all schools closed for 2 weeks with only 89 cases.

SB

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 16:03 - Mar 10 with 2374 viewsgordon

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 15:55 - Mar 10 by StokieBlue

Greece have gone early - all schools closed for 2 weeks with only 89 cases.

SB

Meanwhile the French have just broken a record for the largest ever gathering of people dressed as smurfs (3,500). 'We must not stop living … it was the chance to say that we are alive,' said the Mayor in charge of the event.
Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 16:04 - Mar 10 with 2369 viewsfooters

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 16:03 - Mar 10 by gordon

Meanwhile the French have just broken a record for the largest ever gathering of people dressed as smurfs (3,500). 'We must not stop living … it was the chance to say that we are alive,' said the Mayor in charge of the event.

I just saw that. The most French answer ever. God I love that country.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 16:05 - Mar 10 with 2369 viewsJ2BLUE

Holt sh1t.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 16:28 - Mar 10 with 2319 viewsFreddies_Ears

Italian PM just extended Coronavirus restriction zone to ENTIRE country on 11:37 - Mar 10 by Swansea_Blue

Plus the other complication is that the government has deliberately broken that link of trust, so it should come as no surprise if they or their experts are not trusted.

Agree. UK govt seems way out of line with others.

I was just talking on the phone to a friend who is coming back from Italy several days early due to the lockdown. Supposed to self-help. Their attitude? "We'll avoid our usual pubs and just go to places that don't know us for two weeks". Utterly irresponsible.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024