Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... 17:10 - Apr 5 with 3985 viewsmonytowbray

” I’ve seen a bunch of people today saying things like ‘I went for a walk today and it was so busy. What is wrong with people?’ You are those people, dickhead. It’s the equivalent of saying ‘I’m stuck in traffic’. No, you are the traffic.”

Everyone is talking about these crowded places? But what can you do? If you’re in a city with limited green space it’s going to happen.

How do you deal with it? Allocated exercise times by postcode? Tracking devices? All things I’d fear the privacy consequences of.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:43 - Apr 5 with 1420 viewsBrixtonBlue

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:23 - Apr 5 by BrixtonBlue

I'd still go out for wine.

It was a joke Pecker.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:46 - Apr 5 with 1422 viewsJakeITFC

I’ve been walking an hour a day and haven’t had any problems - generally keeping my eyes open and crossing the road or going a longer way round if I see people approaching.

I really hope that they don’t clamp down on it further - I’ve personally been in lockdown since 11th March and I think it’s been really good for me to get out and about for an hour (just walking at a fair clip with headphones in, away from other people and beginning and ending at my house) and I worry we’re getting into the cure being worse than the disease if they start get more draconian than this.
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:48 - Apr 5 with 1408 viewsNewcyBlue

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:46 - Apr 5 by JakeITFC

I’ve been walking an hour a day and haven’t had any problems - generally keeping my eyes open and crossing the road or going a longer way round if I see people approaching.

I really hope that they don’t clamp down on it further - I’ve personally been in lockdown since 11th March and I think it’s been really good for me to get out and about for an hour (just walking at a fair clip with headphones in, away from other people and beginning and ending at my house) and I worry we’re getting into the cure being worse than the disease if they start get more draconian than this.

Walk to the supermarket and back if they bring in more draconian measures. Won’t be much they can say if you’re walking along with shopping. Ask for a lift if they try!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:52 - Apr 5 with 1410 viewsitfcjoe

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:46 - Apr 5 by JakeITFC

Yep, especially in Ipswich which is generally quiet as it is.

All starting to get a bit silly, people so keen to try and point out others disgressions, when the reality is they aren’t even bad, it’s a really funny culture

Seems some people want to live in a Nanny State, and too many people are happy to criticise those they nothing about with regards to living situation or mental health

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:59 - Apr 5 with 1381 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:52 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

All starting to get a bit silly, people so keen to try and point out others disgressions, when the reality is they aren’t even bad, it’s a really funny culture

Seems some people want to live in a Nanny State, and too many people are happy to criticise those they nothing about with regards to living situation or mental health

Facebook Stasi in waiting!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:11 - Apr 5 with 1359 viewsSwansea_Blue

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:15 - Apr 5 by J2BLUE

Agreed.

Same as those 'If you can read this you are a Covidiot' signs. Actually no, i'm taking a short walk on my own so you can fook off with your signs you judgemental cockwomble.

I’d give this more uppies (uppers?) if I could.

I’m lucky, I live in a semi-rural area with 90% of my neighbours locked down because they’re over 60, and with buckets of footpaths, commons (and beaches, but the less said about them the better) on my doorstep. I feel for the poor sods in cities desperately trying to find a small green space to have their responsible, allowable daily constitutional (or whatever form of exercise floats their boat). Sensible people are getting lumped in with those flouting the rules, and that’s not a good look for those doing the judging.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:14 - Apr 5 with 1363 viewsbluelagos

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:52 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Spot on Joe. I saw people commenting negatively about 2 older dog walkers sat on a bench. They know nothing at all about them, where they are from, why they stopped, why they were out....yet feel the need to make judgemental negative comments. The old couple were literally hurting no one and were in close proximity to no one.

But the exercise stazi feel the need to pass judgement. Is absurd some of the observations people are making...(including a fair few on here over this week)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:16 - Apr 5 with 1351 viewsSwansea_Blue

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:21 - Apr 5 by StokieBlue

The thing is surveillance at that level is exactly what was implemented in SK with what looks like excellent results.

http://theconversation.com/coronavirus-south-koreas-success-in-controlling-disea

I believe you've praised their response in the past.

SB

It’s probably happening here, but the government are less open. They refuse to respond to questions that that mobile phone data on movements played a large role in them deciding on a stricter lockdown.

On that subject, have you seen the graphics from the Chinese tracking of mobile phones? It’s fascinating stuff; once they know someone who was infected they can trace back others they came into contact with who became infected and then map it all out, showing how people moved around and then how the virus spread from them. All from mobile phone coordinates. Such an interesting tool.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:22 - Apr 5 with 1337 viewsbluelagos

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:16 - Apr 5 by Swansea_Blue

It’s probably happening here, but the government are less open. They refuse to respond to questions that that mobile phone data on movements played a large role in them deciding on a stricter lockdown.

On that subject, have you seen the graphics from the Chinese tracking of mobile phones? It’s fascinating stuff; once they know someone who was infected they can trace back others they came into contact with who became infected and then map it all out, showing how people moved around and then how the virus spread from them. All from mobile phone coordinates. Such an interesting tool.

The SK and China model are around (as I understand) using mobile phones to track people and enforce. The Uk govt may (i assume) be using mobile data to collect data about overall compliance.

Big difference in approach.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:27 - Apr 5 with 1330 viewsm14_blue

He sounds less annoying than J2’s Pompey mate anyway
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:38 - Apr 5 with 1310 viewsBloomBlue

Probably misleading if this is re people in Portsmouth as we know there is a problem with bus reliability in Portsmouth and that maybe resulting in more people walking
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 20:41 - Apr 5 with 1304 viewsReuser_is_God

Went for a bike road this afternoon & it was lovely on the roads, more bikes than cars infact.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 21:58 - Apr 5 with 1257 viewsBlueBadger

My mum's been really struggling with this. This afternoon she invited me and Mrs B over because 'we've got a big garden and we could all sit far apart'.

In the end, I bent the rules to breaking point and suggested that as I was taking the dog out, she might want to try 'accidentally' taking the same route and walking 'together at a distance'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 22:08 - Apr 5 with 1234 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 21:58 - Apr 5 by BlueBadger

My mum's been really struggling with this. This afternoon she invited me and Mrs B over because 'we've got a big garden and we could all sit far apart'.

In the end, I bent the rules to breaking point and suggested that as I was taking the dog out, she might want to try 'accidentally' taking the same route and walking 'together at a distance'.

Tsk.....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 22:16 - Apr 5 with 1228 viewsBlueBadger

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 22:08 - Apr 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Tsk.....

It was that or have her turn up at the bloody door 'to see if we need anything' AGAIN...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 08:04 - Apr 6 with 1157 viewssolemio

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:14 - Apr 5 by Pecker

Think of it as a mad gun man randomly going around killing people. Would you go out?

You'd be fine if you kept at least 2 metres away from him.

Oh, perhaps that's the difference.
A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 11:10 - Apr 6 with 1100 viewsGeoffSentence

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 17:46 - Apr 5 by bluelagos

Dont know the numbers involved, or the paths, so will take your word for it.

But in Suffolk the country paths are genuinely quieter than normal this weekend. Same for the lack of cyclists.

Real shame imho.

There were plenty of cyclists about round my way yesterday, I saw more cyclists than cars whilst out on my Boris Approved Exercise yesterday.

For those worried about congested lanes, the densest was still no more than 1 cycling encounter every half mile.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 11:27 - Apr 6 with 1083 viewsGeoffSentence

These things to tend to bring out the authoritarian in people, to the point that I have seen people on those 'neighbourhood' sites getting arsey because not enough people are clapping on a Thursday.

I predict clapping fascism will become a thing.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 15:06 - Apr 6 with 1039 viewsRyorry

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 19:35 - Apr 5 by BanksterDebtSlave

Maybe a sign saying..."hold your breath as you walk past" will do it.

That's exactly what I do! Really surprised such a simple way of coping hasn't been mentioned before (see also - keep one hand for opening gate fastenings etc & the other hand for dog lead etc; or even "last 2 fingers of each hand for gate catches etc, first two fingers and thumb for everything else "(yeah yeah, save yer breath, heard it all before! )

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 15:16 - Apr 6 with 1026 viewsBrixtonBlue

A Pompey mate of mine has summed up the exercise debate perfectly... on 15:06 - Apr 6 by Ryorry

That's exactly what I do! Really surprised such a simple way of coping hasn't been mentioned before (see also - keep one hand for opening gate fastenings etc & the other hand for dog lead etc; or even "last 2 fingers of each hand for gate catches etc, first two fingers and thumb for everything else "(yeah yeah, save yer breath, heard it all before! )

"Really surprised such a simple way of coping hasn't been mentioned before"

Because holding your breath isn't a viable method for stopping the spread of CV-19?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024