Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday 12:36 - Apr 14 with 6489 viewsBlueBadger

1.Let off one of those bloody hot air ballon things
https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/18374217.dont-use-sky-lanterns-show-nhs-suppor

2. Vote Tory.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:58 - Apr 14 with 1084 viewsr2d2

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:54 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

But the Tories have been in charge for the past decade now. The Tories have been pursing a Brexit policy that's actively hamstrung nursing recruitment over the past 4 years, they've also abolished nursing student bursaries leading to a drop in domestic recruitment as well. On top of all this, real-arms funding has fallen significantly over the past decade and we've been saddled with a massive top-down reform that's made the service more disjointed and wastes upwards of £4BN a year on management and admin.

Saying 'they're both as bad as each other' is deflection and whatabouttery of the most pathetic nature when the past decade has been spent systematically undermining the service by one party exclusively.

Yes and the Tories will be in for another decade. Labour are so out of touch its ridiculous. So, we have to get on with it. Im not saying they are the answer, far from it, but l just dont see it changing.
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:01 - Apr 14 with 1080 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 13:04 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

So-so. I'll probably be writing more about this later, when I've lunched and started composing this week's update.

I was directly told by a critical care nurse earlier that if she were to provide herself with a filtered mask better than the tea bag style one she is provided with that she would be sent home with no pay!!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:01 - Apr 14 with 1078 viewsBlueBadger

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:58 - Apr 14 by r2d2

Yes and the Tories will be in for another decade. Labour are so out of touch its ridiculous. So, we have to get on with it. Im not saying they are the answer, far from it, but l just dont see it changing.

So keep defending and excusing it?
Because they promised you a blue passport?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:02 - Apr 14 with 1078 viewslongtimefan

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:48 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

Would they have also decided to refuse help from the EU and then lie about it? Would they be accusing NHS staff of wasting resources? Would have spent the past ten years undermining the service?

The simple fact is, we needed to start preparing, releasing funds for sticking up and seeking help much earlier and it hasn't been done. Sneering about 'what would Labour do' is largely irrelevant, because they're not in charge. The current shower are and there is so much they could and should be doing much, much better.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 17:51]

I understand the points made about not preparing. What are they not doing now that they should and what should they be doing better?
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:09 - Apr 14 with 1073 viewsronnyd

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:43 - Apr 14 by r2d2

I doubt Labour would have done much better. If the equipment isnt there because supplies arnt available l very much doubt it would have been available to a Labour government either. We all want it here, me included, but the whole world wants the same stuff. All countries are struggling to get the equipment needed. Corbyn and his party got battered at the elections. None of this will change that over night.

Not getting involved in the political dogfight. To me, the reason that we are short of many things these days, (not just PPE) is because many companies don't hold stock of their merchandise. They rely on a "canban" or "just in time" trading system that delivers stock at the last possible minute to keep the system going or the stock bins filled. This also means that the global movement of goods is needed and any disruption of that means shortages across the board.
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:27 - Apr 14 with 1054 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:38 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

Well, for starters, I'd have probably started stockpiling equipmwnt and making preparations for increased service demand back in early February rather than spunking the whole month telling people it wasn't anything to worry about as our government have been doing. For an encore, I probably wouldn't turn down help from our nearest neighbours in the EU and then persistently lie about my reasons for doing so. I'd have probably, when it was evident that lockdown wa the way to go, not allowed events LIKE THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL to go ahead.

Have the EU delivered PPE & ventilator's to France, Italy & Spain I may be wrong I think may be they are still be waiting .Cheltenham Festival should have been cancelled ,Was that within the governments power to do. When would you have started stockpiling equipment the whole world was competing for the same stock. Perhaps we should realise that we need to self sufficient where possible, in future
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:32 - Apr 14 with 1044 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:01 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

So keep defending and excusing it?
Because they promised you a blue passport?

What has blue passports got to with it are they a cure for covid 19
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:33 - Apr 14 with 1039 viewsbluelagos

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:55 - Apr 14 by r2d2

Thought you were out on your bike?

Trust me, there's only so much cycling my sore arse can take....

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Login to get fewer ads

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:34 - Apr 14 with 1037 viewspointofblue

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:27 - Apr 14 by Leaky

Have the EU delivered PPE & ventilator's to France, Italy & Spain I may be wrong I think may be they are still be waiting .Cheltenham Festival should have been cancelled ,Was that within the governments power to do. When would you have started stockpiling equipment the whole world was competing for the same stock. Perhaps we should realise that we need to self sufficient where possible, in future

The PPE is expected within the next couple of weeks which may be sooner than ours and, even if it isn’t, being involved in the scheme means we’ll have less than expected.

If the government instructed the organisers to cancel the festival then it would have been though the organisers would have no doubt asked for last minute reimbursement; I’m not sure how insurance would have covered that.

We needed to be more proactive early on - if we were limited in terms of PPE stock then a simple banning of major events and ensuring all those travelling from abroad went into 14-day quarantine would have surely helped manage the situation even more than a national lockdown?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:35 - Apr 14 with 1034 viewsbluelagos

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:56 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

I'm guessing he's back in now. It's not he's got a massive village green to cycle round.

Is R2D2 Benters? Explains a fair bit if that is the case.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:40 - Apr 14 with 1030 viewstractorshark

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:19 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

It's 'turned political' because incompetent, self-interested and borderline sociopathic politicians obsessed with blue passports, 'the market' and demonising foreigners have made our response to this much, much more dangerous and difficult due their actions now and over the past decade in particular.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 17:20]

But playing devil's advocate, how can you be 100 per cent sure that a Labour government would have fared any better in this crisis?
Please don't quote manifesto promises because we all know they count for nothing, whatever political side of the fence you are on. Corbyn may have had honourable intentions but he didn't possess a credible strategy or a magic wand to pay for them.
And that ultimately didn't convince the majority of the country otherwise he would have been elected.
I've seen Labour governments waste extraordinary money on the NHS and neglect it. I've seen Conservative governments do the same.
You're right to say the Conservatives are now under the spotlight for their actions over the past decade but I'm not convinced as a country we could, or more likely, would have prepared for this crisis any better over that length of time.
For starters, no one saw this coming, certainly not on this terrifying scale. You can say it was always a possibility but so is a nuclear war. But it seems unthinkable until, of course, it happens.
Whether the government could have acted differently in the past month or so, that is very much open to debate.
But so is whether or not a Labour government would have acted differently. The advice given by government experts may well have been the same.
My point is I don't think turning this crisis into political point scoring actually proves anything or solves anything. It just further divides an already divided nation.
But I do agree about the balloons.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 18:41]
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:43 - Apr 14 with 1023 viewsjeera

I'm trying to post a video I saw of a health worker exasperated at trying to get himself a test.

He performs respiratory triage testing and has been exposed many times and doesn't want to be spreading the virus to vulnerable patients.

[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 18:47]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:47 - Apr 14 with 1014 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:38 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

Well, for starters, I'd have probably started stockpiling equipmwnt and making preparations for increased service demand back in early February rather than spunking the whole month telling people it wasn't anything to worry about as our government have been doing. For an encore, I probably wouldn't turn down help from our nearest neighbours in the EU and then persistently lie about my reasons for doing so. I'd have probably, when it was evident that lockdown wa the way to go, not allowed events LIKE THE CHELTENHAM FESTIVAL to go ahead.

There's that BlueBadger I needed when I was being a flapping fanny 4 weeks ago!

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:53 - Apr 14 with 1006 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:58 - Apr 14 by r2d2

Here's a thought.

How about people wake up to the idea that part of a healthy democracy is holding the politicians they voted for to account when they don't deliver on their promises or straight up lie? This whole idea of "We won, you lost" shows a p1ss poor understanding of how governing should work. Getting elected should be going up 1-0 in the first 5 minutes but you've then got another 85 minutes to actually win the game though.

It gets a bit boring that the left have to take to the streets over NHS funding and protest the damage many voters have been happy to ignore/cause up until last month.

But Labour, but Labour, but Labour. No, making a case about what may be happening in an alternative reality right now is purely hypothetical. And lazy. It's also lazy.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 18:56]

TWTD never forgets…

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:54 - Apr 14 with 1003 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:27 - Apr 14 by Leaky

They've got a sh1t ton of PPE we desperately need coming soon though.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/uk-missed-three-chances-to-join-eu

TWTD never forgets…

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:56 - Apr 14 with 995 viewsLeaky

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:54 - Apr 14 by monytowbray

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/13/uk-missed-three-chances-to-join-eu

? what was that?
Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:01 - Apr 14 with 991 viewsStokieBlue

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 18:54 - Apr 14 by monytowbray

We should have joined the scheme.

However let's be precise about what that article says. They aren't getting it all coming through now, it's going to be over the next 18 weeks and the first assignment of 100,000 gowns had to be rejected as it was substandard.

The ventilators are nowhere to be seen from that article.

As I said though, we should have joined and it was stupid but it's still incredibly hard for any country to source PPE at the moment which is a horrible state of affairs for all countries including ours.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:17 - Apr 14 with 963 viewsLord_Lucan

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:01 - Apr 14 by StokieBlue

We should have joined the scheme.

However let's be precise about what that article says. They aren't getting it all coming through now, it's going to be over the next 18 weeks and the first assignment of 100,000 gowns had to be rejected as it was substandard.

The ventilators are nowhere to be seen from that article.

As I said though, we should have joined and it was stupid but it's still incredibly hard for any country to source PPE at the moment which is a horrible state of affairs for all countries including ours.

SB

This is the only sensible post on this whole three pages of absolute sh1te.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:26 - Apr 14 with 955 viewsMullet

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 16:19 - Apr 14 by Leaky

My partner works in a care home, she is on minimum wage, which is some where less than £10-00 an hour. I feel she should be on around £15 plus an hour. Along with a lot of manual worker's. The problem you have is, if you increase said worker's pay, to that level cost's will also rise. So if care staff earn the wage they deserve who pays for your elderly relatives care. People moan if there house is sold to pay for it, should the state pay for if so taxes have to go up so someone can inherit a house. Perhaps if relatives took responsibility too look after there own, as the Asian community do we wouldn't have a problem

My Mum worked in a Bupa care home until her back gave out on her. I'm not sure if your other half works for the private sector or not, but the pay and conditions were not good at all and the place cost a premium too from memory.

The whole sector is geared around profit first (which is fine in an objective sense) but when you're talking about care maybe it should be structured differently. I think most sensible people would welcome a more socially responsible government in exchange for higher taxes. However, now that austerity has been shown to be an unnecessary evil to allow their mates to cream it off the top instead, where does the government go?

Is it likely people will really want change once this over?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:31 - Apr 14 with 948 viewsMullet

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 17:54 - Apr 14 by BlueBadger

But the Tories have been in charge for the past decade now. The Tories have been pursing a Brexit policy that's actively hamstrung nursing recruitment over the past 4 years, they've also abolished nursing student bursaries leading to a drop in domestic recruitment as well. On top of all this, real-arms funding has fallen significantly over the past decade and we've been saddled with a massive top-down reform that's made the service more disjointed and wastes upwards of £4BN a year on management and admin.

Saying 'they're both as bad as each other' is deflection and whatabouttery of the most pathetic nature when the past decade has been spent systematically undermining the service by one party exclusively.

Notice these lot never show us what Boris/May/Dave have actually done or why they deserve praise? It's always Communist like blind support and coltishness.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:35 - Apr 14 with 941 viewsLord_Lucan

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:26 - Apr 14 by Mullet

My Mum worked in a Bupa care home until her back gave out on her. I'm not sure if your other half works for the private sector or not, but the pay and conditions were not good at all and the place cost a premium too from memory.

The whole sector is geared around profit first (which is fine in an objective sense) but when you're talking about care maybe it should be structured differently. I think most sensible people would welcome a more socially responsible government in exchange for higher taxes. However, now that austerity has been shown to be an unnecessary evil to allow their mates to cream it off the top instead, where does the government go?

Is it likely people will really want change once this over?

My daughter worked for Bupa and it was sh1te.

She now works for a smaller chain - and whilst it still is a chain it's absolutely brilliant.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 20:47 - Apr 14 with 892 viewsLord_Lucan

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:31 - Apr 14 by Mullet

Notice these lot never show us what Boris/May/Dave have actually done or why they deserve praise? It's always Communist like blind support and coltishness.

I take it you are having a pop at me Mullet, although I'm not sure why because I haven't voted Tory since Blair was in charge.

Well there may be a case of successive governments under funding the NHS or it may be that in it's present form it's unsustainable due to the fact that we are growing in population, people are living a whole lot longer and more things are treatable. It may also because it is isn't run properly and there are a mass of managers in relation to ground staff. It may be because of the amount of drunks, druggies and hypochondriacs it has to deal with. It may also be because people like to sue the NHS at the drop of a hat. It may also be none of these things and it is doing ok despite all of the points mentioned because rarely do people say they have had a bad experience - unless some low life wants to sue them of course.

In any case we are where we are and as a non Tory voter I'm sick of people running down the government at every single opportunity they get in this time of absolute global mayhem.

There are some mistakes they have / will make, Cheltenham and Anfield was stupid but I think people who look for and rejoice in failings are sad cases.

You can take that however you want.
[Post edited 14 Apr 2020 20:52]

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 20:57 - Apr 14 with 871 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:17 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

I said about this scheme last week and how it involved PPE.

I was told to shut up as usual.

TWTD never forgets…

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 20:59 - Apr 14 with 871 viewsmonytowbray

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:31 - Apr 14 by Mullet

It was pointed out in the election why the Tories have nothing to pin on their campaign about the good they've done over the last decade.

But why worry when shouting GET BREXIT DONE over and over works?

TWTD never forgets…

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 10:46 - Apr 15 with 773 viewsGeoffSentence

Two things NOT to do if you wish to show your support on Thursday on 19:17 - Apr 14 by Lord_Lucan

Well that's wrong. My post about helium balloons was the most sensible one.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024