Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
2 questions. 15:41 - Apr 21 with 3605 viewsbefxblue

1- Should the government be telling people to walk on the left pavement in the same way as traffic?

Being a conscientious jogger I've gone into the road to avoid oncoming pedestrians recently, and almost put myself in bother with a car earlier (I know, slow down, look properly. The question still stands).

2. How many people could you fit into PR with the current seating if everyone was spaced at 2M?

I reckon our current attendances wouldn't suffer too much.

My personal answer to Q1 would be yes, and if you can be bothered to find out the answer to Q2, you're a better man/woman/insert preferred identity here, than me.
2 questions. on 15:52 - Apr 21 with 3162 viewsfooters

People can't even sit at home on their arses properly, let alone anything more cerebral.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

2 questions. on 15:53 - Apr 21 with 3164 viewsPinewoodblue

Around half the people I have encountered in supermarkets still shop as they used to, the direction arrows on the floor mean nothing to them.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

2 questions. on 16:27 - Apr 21 with 3108 viewsNewcyBlue

I always walk on the outside of the pavement. It’s what a proper man does.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

2 questions. on 16:31 - Apr 21 with 3100 viewsGeoffSentence

'The Government' via the medium of the highway code tells people to walk on the right hand side of the road when there is no pavement so that they are facing the oncoming traffic. But roughly half of pedestrians don't get that so I wouldn't hold your breath and expect people to get it right if you told them to walk on one side of the pavement or the other.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

2 questions. on 16:36 - Apr 21 with 3085 viewsbluelagos

Second one is a complete non starter if we were to stick rigidly to the 2m rule.

Quick fag packet maths - you would need 2 empty seats front and back so you would have about 1/9 of the current capacity. (Around 3,300)

If you had 3 empty seats gap it would be about 1/16. (Under 2000)

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

2 questions. on 16:51 - Apr 21 with 3061 viewstonybied

2 questions. on 16:36 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

Second one is a complete non starter if we were to stick rigidly to the 2m rule.

Quick fag packet maths - you would need 2 empty seats front and back so you would have about 1/9 of the current capacity. (Around 3,300)

If you had 3 empty seats gap it would be about 1/16. (Under 2000)

Also policing the 2m rule for those attending when entering and leaving the stadium would be a nigh on impossible task.
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 16:52]
2 questions. on 16:54 - Apr 21 with 3048 viewsbluelagos

2 questions. on 16:51 - Apr 21 by tonybied

Also policing the 2m rule for those attending when entering and leaving the stadium would be a nigh on impossible task.

On the upside we might get a beer at half time without much of a queue.

2 questions. on 17:25 - Apr 21 with 3017 viewsPinewoodblue

2 questions. on 16:51 - Apr 21 by tonybied

If you have five empt seats in a row between fans you could have people in every row they would be staggered and not directly behind the people in the rows in front or behind. Would be a lot more than you suggest.

You would however have problems on the bench with subs and others sitting on chairs stretching some distance from the dugout,

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Login to get fewer ads

2 questions. on 17:28 - Apr 21 with 3010 viewsbaltimore_suey

apparently it doesn't spread outside atall, 99% of infections spread indoors like hospitals
2 questions. on 18:05 - Apr 21 with 2988 viewsBlueBadger

2 questions. on 15:53 - Apr 21 by Pinewoodblue

Around half the people I have encountered in supermarkets still shop as they used to, the direction arrows on the floor mean nothing to them.

My anecdotal experience suggests that the likelihood of someone respecting your personal space is inversely proportional to the amount of 'protective' items they've decided to wear to come out to do the shopping.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2 questions. on 18:15 - Apr 21 with 2967 viewsbluelagos

2 questions. on 17:25 - Apr 21 by Pinewoodblue

If you have five empt seats in a row between fans you could have people in every row they would be staggered and not directly behind the people in the rows in front or behind. Would be a lot more than you suggest.

You would however have problems on the bench with subs and others sitting on chairs stretching some distance from the dugout,

Fck me I'm bored....

That would give us 10k odd seats. But not convinced that is 2m apart tbh. So can't see it working unless we hire Wembley.

Pitch
S - E - E - S - E - E - S - E - E - S
E - S - E - E - S - E - E - S - E - E
E - E - S - E - E - S - E - E - S - E

(S - seat, E - Empty. Cotty must be able to solve this one if he's around)
[Post edited 21 Apr 2020 18:16]

2 questions. on 18:16 - Apr 21 with 2965 viewsfabian_illness

What about players if we’re enforcing the 2m rule?
They would need one of those litter picking things to pull each other’s shirts with.
2 questions. on 18:17 - Apr 21 with 2958 viewsbluelagos

2 questions. on 18:16 - Apr 21 by fabian_illness

They would need one of those litter picking things to pull each other’s shirts with.

Jamie Clapham might be able to make a come back.

2 questions. on 23:24 - Apr 21 with 2876 viewsbournemouthblue

2 questions. on 15:53 - Apr 21 by Pinewoodblue

It's funny you say that, there seems to be two classes of shopper nowadays

1) Those who know the guidance and take due care

2) And those blissfully oblivious to the impending apocalypse which has befallen us

I had a category 2's in Food Warehouse at Ransomes Europark, wearing surgical masks incorrectly and seeming to believe this meant they could ignore the 2 metre distancing. They certainly got a look of death from me, she then stood right in the middle of the meat section and began to do something on her mobile phone

Fun times!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

(No subject) (n/t) on 08:16 - Apr 22 with 2789 viewsGeoffSentence

2 questions. on 18:15 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

Fck me I'm bored....

That would give us 10k odd seats. But not convinced that is 2m apart tbh. So can't see it working unless we hire Wembley.

Pitch

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

2 questions. on 08:46 - Apr 22 with 2756 viewsStokieBlue

2 questions. on 17:28 - Apr 21 by baltimore_suey

apparently it doesn't spread outside atall, 99% of infections spread indoors like hospitals

Well if only 99% are indoors then clearly it does spread outside.

It's also wrong, if it were right there would be no need for outside social distancing.

It's really not helpful to post things that aren't true.

SB
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 8:46]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

2 questions. on 08:57 - Apr 22 with 2735 viewsStokieBlue

2 questions. on 18:15 - Apr 21 by bluelagos

Fck me I'm bored....

Pitch

It's not 2m apart diagonally.

You need 4 empty seats between to guarantee that so that should be 5 seats per block of 49 whereas you've got 17 seats per block of 49.

Not counting for strange shapes of stands and other inaccuracies the capacity in yours would be:

(30000 / 49) * 17 = 10851

If you space diagonally it would be:

(30000 / 49) * 5 = 3061

Pretty much pointless and also impossible to police as has been pointed out. Interesting to think about though.

SB

2 questions. on 10:15 - Apr 22 with 2699 viewsBlueBadger

2 questions. on 18:16 - Apr 21 by fabian_illness

Our lot will be fine, they've hardly gotten near another team since Mick McCarthy left.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

2 questions. on 10:28 - Apr 22 with 2686 viewslinhdi

2 questions. on 08:57 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

It's not 2m apart diagonally.

You need 4 empty seats between to guarantee that so that should be 5 seats per block of 49 whereas you've got 17 seats per block of 49.

Not counting for strange shapes of stands and other inaccuracies the capacity in yours would be:

(30000 / 49) * 17 = 10851

If you space diagonally it would be:

(30000 / 49) * 5 = 3061

Pretty much pointless and also impossible to police as has been pointed out. Interesting to think about though.

SB

It's a non-starter, as there would be pinch points at turnstiles, concourses, loos. It would mean no-one could move from their seat other than at ht or ft, and the stadium would have to be filled in a strict order to avoid people brushing past each other
2 questions. on 10:38 - Apr 22 with 2675 viewsStokieBlue

2 questions. on 10:28 - Apr 22 by linhdi

It's a non-starter, as there would be pinch points at turnstiles, concourses, loos. It would mean no-one could move from their seat other than at ht or ft, and the stadium would have to be filled in a strict order to avoid people brushing past each other

Indeed.

It's just a thought exercise at this point which can be fun when one isn't allowed to the pub.

SB

2 questions. on 10:51 - Apr 22 with 2664 viewsNthQldITFC

2 questions. on 10:15 - Apr 22 by BlueBadger

Our lot will be fine, they've hardly gotten near another team since Mick McCarthy left.

Have an up for the joke, and a down for the 'gotten'!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

2 questions. on 13:32 - Apr 22 with 2633 viewsElephantintheRoom

a conscientious jogger would puff and pant their viruses over innocent pedestrians in the first place.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

2 questions. on 13:39 - Apr 22 with 2624 viewsbefxblue

2 questions. on 13:32 - Apr 22 by ElephantintheRoom

a conscientious jogger would puff and pant their viruses over innocent pedestrians in the first place.

All of my current viruses are all contained in my blood thank you, at least that's what the clinic have told me.
2 questions. on 16:54 - Apr 22 with 2576 viewsbaltimore_suey

2 questions. on 08:46 - Apr 22 by StokieBlue

Well if only 99% are indoors then clearly it does spread outside.

It's also wrong, if it were right there would be no need for outside social distancing.

It's really not helpful to post things that aren't true.

SB
[Post edited 22 Apr 2020 8:46]

You have no idea...does social distancing outside work?? Who knows
2 questions. on 16:58 - Apr 22 with 2571 viewsStokieBlue

2 questions. on 16:54 - Apr 22 by baltimore_suey

You have no idea...does social distancing outside work?? Who knows

What?

You are all over the place. First you said that it couldn't be spread outside and now you are asking if social distancing outside works - why would it need to work if it can't be spread outside?

Your initial post was wrong and now is not the time to be spreading false information. Citing hospitals as the main vector of spread was also wrong.

Social distancing has been proven to work, look at any graph you can find on the subject over the last month.

SB

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024