Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Colchester have started to release..... 15:35 - Apr 27 with 3266 viewsBloots

….players due to their financial situation.

"Big Frank" among them.

I can see many squads in the 3rd and 4th divisions being predominantly made up of youth team players for the foreseeable future.

…..if they exist at all.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Colchester have started to release..... on 15:40 - Apr 27 with 3223 viewsWeWereZombies

That last bit sounds very ominous, surely they could just release them from their contracts...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Colchester have started to release..... on 16:38 - Apr 27 with 3070 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Ryan Jackson, RB, take him in as back up to KVY. Very similar, quick, powerful, strong, not quite the technique to match KVY but a very credible option.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Colchester have started to release..... on 16:51 - Apr 27 with 3034 viewsFifeITFC

Colchester have started to release..... on 16:38 - Apr 27 by TheTrueBlue1878

Ryan Jackson, RB, take him in as back up to KVY. Very similar, quick, powerful, strong, not quite the technique to match KVY but a very credible option.

Should we (or any club) talking of signing players when they have furloughed staff, whether on field or backroom staff?

Poll: Lambert goes, would you prefer an ex-Town connection replacement or not?

Colchester have started to release..... on 17:57 - Apr 27 with 2921 viewsWD19

Colchester have started to release..... on 16:51 - Apr 27 by FifeITFC

Should we (or any club) talking of signing players when they have furloughed staff, whether on field or backroom staff?

The purpose of 'furlough' is to project jobs. The CJRS is a job retention scheme. It is designed to encourage employers to hold on to staff they otherwise would not to the benefit of the employee (and longer term benefit of the economy). It is not a 'bailout' for companies short of money.
Colchester have started to release..... on 18:33 - Apr 27 with 2856 viewsfactual_blue

Did Nouble make any of the Players XIs?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Colchester have started to release..... on 18:37 - Apr 27 with 2842 viewsEwan_Oozami

Colchester have started to release..... on 18:33 - Apr 27 by factual_blue

Did Nouble make any of the Players XIs?

No, but didn't President Trump mention him at the weekend?

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Colchester have started to release..... on 20:39 - Apr 27 with 2629 viewsPablokuqi

Be interesting what sort of contracts we offer to the players who are expiring or who we have an option on. Heard a rumour that Skuse has been offered only £1k a week was told currently on £5k. I imagine player sales and reduced wage budget will be on the horizon for us.
Colchester have started to release..... on 21:20 - Apr 27 with 2526 viewslongtimefan

Colchester have started to release..... on 20:39 - Apr 27 by Pablokuqi

Be interesting what sort of contracts we offer to the players who are expiring or who we have an option on. Heard a rumour that Skuse has been offered only £1k a week was told currently on £5k. I imagine player sales and reduced wage budget will be on the horizon for us.

Surely any player we have an option on and want to retain would need to be offered their existing terms or will otherwise be a free agent.
Login to get fewer ads

Colchester have started to release..... on 21:30 - Apr 27 with 2504 viewsPablokuqi

Colchester have started to release..... on 21:20 - Apr 27 by longtimefan

Surely any player we have an option on and want to retain would need to be offered their existing terms or will otherwise be a free agent.

Yeah exactly. He wouldn't be made to sign it at that amount. There is going to a lot less money about for players though. But it suggests an idea of where the negotiation point is and also where our budget might be. Another year in league one means cuts will have to be made.
Colchester have started to release..... on 21:41 - Apr 27 with 2488 viewsElderGrizzly

Much wider than Colchester too. Its why the season will be cancelled below Championship level

Colchester have started to release..... on 21:51 - Apr 27 with 2447 viewsmos

Colchester have started to release..... on 17:57 - Apr 27 by WD19

The purpose of 'furlough' is to project jobs. The CJRS is a job retention scheme. It is designed to encourage employers to hold on to staff they otherwise would not to the benefit of the employee (and longer term benefit of the economy). It is not a 'bailout' for companies short of money.

Think Fife was getting at the more moral issue at hand, as it is indeed vulgar discussing purchasing players at the moment.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

Colchester have started to release..... on 21:51 - Apr 27 with 2446 viewsSwansea_Blue

Colchester have started to release..... on 16:51 - Apr 27 by FifeITFC

I think this is all about what happens in the summer. When these players are released they’ll be snapped up by someone. May as well be us if any are suitable.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Colchester have started to release..... on 22:41 - Apr 27 with 2353 viewsFifeITFC

Colchester have started to release..... on 21:51 - Apr 27 by Swansea_Blue

I think this is all about what happens in the summer. When these players are released they’ll be snapped up by someone. May as well be us if any are suitable.

By the same token, this is what Norwich were doing about talking about signing someone in the summer and certain people on this board were slating them for it.

Surely no different?

Colchester have started to release..... on 09:27 - Apr 28 with 2098 viewsRadlett_blue

Colchester have started to release..... on 21:30 - Apr 27 by Pablokuqi

Yeah exactly. He wouldn't be made to sign it at that amount. There is going to a lot less money about for players though. But it suggests an idea of where the negotiation point is and also where our budget might be. Another year in league one means cuts will have to be made.

Indeed, all football clubs are going to lose a meaningful portion of their income permanently & some will struggle to survive, especially with the uncertainty about when football might start again with crowds. Who's going to cough up for a season ticket right now?
But everyone will be cash strapped. Footballers need to realise that they must take a substantial part of the financial pain; wage deferrals won't replace lost income.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Colchester have started to release..... on 10:40 - Apr 28 with 2010 viewsuefacup81

Colchester have started to release..... on 21:51 - Apr 27 by mos

Think Fife was getting at the more moral issue at hand, as it is indeed vulgar discussing purchasing players at the moment.

If the club had furloughed staff on 80% of salary and not made up the difference, I'd agree with you.

However, the club are topping salaries up to 100%, so I don't see that there's too much of an issue here.

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Colchester have started to release..... on 20:03 - Apr 29 with 1800 viewsFifeITFC

Colchester have started to release..... on 10:40 - Apr 28 by uefacup81

If the club had furloughed staff on 80% of salary and not made up the difference, I'd agree with you.

However, the club are topping salaries up to 100%, so I don't see that there's too much of an issue here.

But, forgive me if I'm wrong, ITFC aren't the ones paying 100% of the salary while the government/tax payers are paying the wages. Sure, it's good the people are still getting paid in full, but if you're an outsider looking in, would you not be irked that the government are paying the bulk of a businesses' wages but they are still going out seeking to recruit more staff?

Colchester have started to release..... on 09:36 - Apr 30 with 1583 viewsHarlestonblue

Colchester have started to release..... on 20:39 - Apr 27 by Pablokuqi

Someone posted on TWTD that Skuse's house in Cotswold Avenue is on the market (for more than £500k)
He could be headed back to Bristol City for a coaching role. I thought we might have offered him a post coaching in the Academy (to be joined by his good firend Luke Chambers in a year's time)
Colchester have started to release..... on 09:41 - Apr 30 with 1580 viewsitfcjoe

Colchester have started to release..... on 09:36 - Apr 30 by Harlestonblue

Someone posted on TWTD that Skuse's house in Cotswold Avenue is on the market (for more than £500k)
He could be headed back to Bristol City for a coaching role. I thought we might have offered him a post coaching in the Academy (to be joined by his good firend Luke Chambers in a year's time)

He doesn't live on Cotswold Avenue? If it's for sale there he's moved from it long ago to another house in the area and it must be one he is still renting out or similar

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Colchester have started to release..... on 10:12 - Apr 30 with 1544 viewsgazzer1999

Colchester have started to release..... on 09:36 - Apr 30 by Harlestonblue

That was sold more than year ago, keep up. Nice house though, nice road and area.
Colchester have started to release..... on 10:27 - Apr 30 with 1532 viewsLeaky

Colchester have started to release..... on 22:41 - Apr 27 by FifeITFC

By the same token, this is what Norwich were doing about talking about signing someone in the summer and certain people on this board were slating them for it.

Surely no different?

I feel they maybe a difference between a league 1 side furloughing staff and a premier league side doing the same. Although I do take your point.
Colchester have started to release..... on 10:30 - Apr 30 with 1527 viewstractorboy1978

It's interesting that Colchester haven't asked fans for money in the form of season ticket renewals and they are in a far direr state than us.
Colchester have started to release..... on 10:30 - Apr 30 with 1525 viewsPhilTWTD

Colchester have started to release..... on 10:12 - Apr 30 by gazzer1999

That was sold more than year ago, keep up. Nice house though, nice road and area.

An old thread which mentioned his house being on the market was revived a week or so ago.
Colchester have started to release..... on 10:53 - Apr 30 with 1489 viewsSharkey

Colchester have started to release..... on 10:30 - Apr 30 by tractorboy1978

It's interesting that Colchester haven't asked fans for money in the form of season ticket renewals and they are in a far direr state than us.

I'm a Colchester fan and would happily part with cash for a season ticket now, even without knowing what lies ahead. ut I guess even if 1000 people bought a season ticket now, it's not huge in the big scheme of keeping the club afloat.

Personally I think Robbie Cowling, the chairman, has done the only sensible thing he could. He's released the four senior players that were out of contract. (And they will have been offered contracts in the last year, so they can only curse their own decisions to see what else was on offer.) But it's all been very dignified, with compliments all round, and I think it's quite possible some of those players will play again for Colchester, if and when the league gets up and running again. I think the chairman just thinks the PFA, or someone else can take the hit in these fallow months.

At the same time, I do think there are going to be an awful lot of seasoned pro's showing up at places like Braintree and Chelmsford and Needham Market - out of contract league players needing to keep themselves in the shop window.
Colchester have started to release..... on 11:02 - Apr 30 with 1476 viewsSwansea_Blue

Colchester have started to release..... on 22:41 - Apr 27 by FifeITFC

Surely no different?

Agree, there is no difference. Despite the lockdown, life goes on and clubs (as well as other businesses) will be making plans for what comes after the current phase.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024