Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another 357 deaths today 19:37 - Jun 5 with 5561 viewsitfcjoe

Just crazy numbers still dying on a daily basis.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Another 357 deaths today on 09:24 - Jun 6 with 2316 viewsGlasgowBlue

Another 357 deaths today on 09:21 - Jun 6 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Reporting of hospital deaths is still delayed though, isn’t it?

Yes and it says that there will be a slight increase but hospital deaths aren't delayed too long by the very nature of where they occurred.

edit. Hospital deaths are pretty much up to date, hence we get a higher figure on a Monday because the weekend hospital deaths are not registered.

It's the care homes, people at home deaths that can take a long time to come through the system.

Regardless, it's clear that deaths, infections and additions are coming down and cherry picking one day's registered deaths is misleading for no other reason than to be negative.

edit. edit. Infection are definitely down but the way we collect the data fives two very different figures

[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:44]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Another 357 deaths today on 10:01 - Jun 6 with 2266 viewsmikeybloo88

Another 357 deaths today on 08:42 - Jun 6 by gordon

Not sure Karol Sikora is the best place to look if you're interesting in outing the facts....

Of course we shouldn't listen to doctors, TWTD is the place people should come to get the unbiased truth isn't it?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 10:05]
Another 357 deaths today on 10:21 - Jun 6 with 2233 viewstonybied

Another 357 deaths today on 09:24 - Jun 6 by GlasgowBlue

Yes and it says that there will be a slight increase but hospital deaths aren't delayed too long by the very nature of where they occurred.

edit. Hospital deaths are pretty much up to date, hence we get a higher figure on a Monday because the weekend hospital deaths are not registered.

It's the care homes, people at home deaths that can take a long time to come through the system.

Regardless, it's clear that deaths, infections and additions are coming down and cherry picking one day's registered deaths is misleading for no other reason than to be negative.

edit. edit. Infection are definitely down but the way we collect the data fives two very different figures

[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:44]

'Regardless, it's clear that deaths, infections and additions are coming down and cherry picking one day's registered deaths is misleading for no other reason than to be negative.'

You're cherry picking just hospital figures to make it look more positive though!

This all goes to prove the lack of clarity through all of the statistics. Has nobody knocked up a graph with all registered deaths, in all settings, shown on the day of death rather than the day of registration. I know this would probably be a month or so behind what we see now but it would show a much more realistic picture.
Another 357 deaths today on 10:23 - Jun 6 with 2232 viewsLankHenners

I have to say I find the constant arguments over how ‘bad’ the figures actually are and some accusing others of ‘looking for negatives’ pretty tasteless. Joe can speak for himself but I think the point of the OP was to show that regardless of when or how that number was taken, that’s still 357 people dead and 357 grieving families.

Yes, fewer people dying each week is a good sign for how the virus is being controlled but a horrible part of things like this is that it reduces human tragedy to numbers which some people seem quite happy to forget so they can split hairs over how many people have actually died in a given period. This comes from the government as well - Matt Hancock can’t be quick enough to give himself a pat on the back because ‘only’ 250 people have died or whatever it is. The attitude seems totally wrong.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Another 357 deaths today on 10:35 - Jun 6 with 2199 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

previous Fridays. 373, 351, 384, 626, 739, 1005, 935, 1152.

I think the averages are coming down albeit slow and steady.

All irrelevant now anyway, no one seems to be abiding by social distancing, protests up and down the country, an inevitable spike will occur soon.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Another 357 deaths today on 10:37 - Jun 6 with 2194 viewsShawsey

And with this lot in charge, bumbling their way through it, added to the far to many idiots in this country, that number is likely to increase in the coming weeks and months. God I hope I am wrong.
Another 357 deaths today on 10:47 - Jun 6 with 2166 viewsgordon

Another 357 deaths today on 10:01 - Jun 6 by mikeybloo88

Of course we shouldn't listen to doctors, TWTD is the place people should come to get the unbiased truth isn't it?
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 10:05]

The best place to get information is from experts in the relevant field, rather than from known frauds peddling a false narrative..
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 10:49]
Another 357 deaths today on 10:48 - Jun 6 with 2160 viewsfooters

Another 357 deaths today on 10:23 - Jun 6 by LankHenners

I have to say I find the constant arguments over how ‘bad’ the figures actually are and some accusing others of ‘looking for negatives’ pretty tasteless. Joe can speak for himself but I think the point of the OP was to show that regardless of when or how that number was taken, that’s still 357 people dead and 357 grieving families.

Yes, fewer people dying each week is a good sign for how the virus is being controlled but a horrible part of things like this is that it reduces human tragedy to numbers which some people seem quite happy to forget so they can split hairs over how many people have actually died in a given period. This comes from the government as well - Matt Hancock can’t be quick enough to give himself a pat on the back because ‘only’ 250 people have died or whatever it is. The attitude seems totally wrong.

The 'be positive' schtick is just one part of the economy first, people second narrative. They want the government to somehow be proven right despite all evidence to the contrary and for us to all unlock the lockdown.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Another 357 deaths today on 12:22 - Jun 6 with 2102 viewslongtimefan

Another 357 deaths today on 08:46 - Jun 6 by Mullet

Yeah I checked it against our world in data.com which is far better and the comparison and lack of highlighting on the last parts, shows he’s only doctoring it a bit.

That chart comes from
https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/06/COVID-1

It is not doctored in any way
Another 357 deaths today on 12:32 - Jun 6 with 2078 viewsMullet

Another 357 deaths today on 12:22 - Jun 6 by longtimefan

That chart comes from
https://www.england.nhs.uk/statistics/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2020/06/COVID-1

It is not doctored in any way

You’re right that’s not the best choice of words, I should have worded it better. I was referring to his use of it with that tweet as others have pointed out to make things look better than they are.

As I said to GB that’s quite a reasonable tweet by his standards.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Another 357 deaths today on 12:36 - Jun 6 with 2068 viewsjimmyvet

Another 357 deaths today on 10:47 - Jun 6 by gordon

The best place to get information is from experts in the relevant field, rather than from known frauds peddling a false narrative..
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 10:49]

You mean professors in the field of medicine or ‘Gordon’ one of the resident experts on TWTD.
Another 357 deaths today on 12:37 - Jun 6 with 2060 viewsMullet

Another 357 deaths today on 12:36 - Jun 6 by jimmyvet

You mean professors in the field of medicine or ‘Gordon’ one of the resident experts on TWTD.

You do understand who Sikora is and what his medical background is right?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Another 357 deaths today on 12:57 - Jun 6 with 2024 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I wonder how long it takes on average from point of infection to death.

Excess deaths over normal is the measure that should be being used (I think the FT uses it). That showed a slight upward trend a week or so ago and then back down again so is unclear at the moment which way it is heading.

With the degree of prevalence, the scientists insisting we are at risk level 2 and the Government having said we would not proceed to where we are until it was level 3 or below, something is not right.

I am expecting a second wave to kick in before too long. I hope I am wrong but I feel like if it doesn't it will be through good fortune and unforeseen factors more than good judgment. Perhaps that is compounded by my inherent distrust of this Government but I do not feel confident at the moment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Another 357 deaths today on 20:13 - Jun 6 with 1943 viewsSirBasilBrush

The way some relentlessly hounded Dominic Cummings for travelling cross country for his 4-year-old and are now cheering for protests with thousands of people is one of the most breathtaking examples of hypocrisy this year.
Another 357 deaths today on 20:14 - Jun 6 with 1936 viewsgordon

Another 357 deaths today on 20:13 - Jun 6 by SirBasilBrush

The way some relentlessly hounded Dominic Cummings for travelling cross country for his 4-year-old and are now cheering for protests with thousands of people is one of the most breathtaking examples of hypocrisy this year.

Who is that you're referring to?
Another 357 deaths today on 20:19 - Jun 6 with 1929 viewsgordon

Another 357 deaths today on 12:36 - Jun 6 by jimmyvet

Well, I've never taken a fee from the Libyan Government to help get a terrorist released, but on the other hand, I don't know anything about virology.

Sikora has taken a fee from the Libyan Government to help get a terrorist released, and he also doesn't know anything about virology.

Swings and roundabouts, really.
Another 357 deaths today on 20:35 - Jun 6 with 1902 viewsjontysnut

Another 357 deaths today on 21:29 - Jun 5 by vapour_trail

Well get fudge and cover up for a dullard electorate that will move happily on.

In the meantime, stay alert.

If you asked this government what is 2 +2 you would get about 5 different answers depending on what Cummings decides he wants the answer to be. I find it insulting that when someone asks how many people have died, the first word of the answer is 'well....'
Another 357 deaths today on 22:09 - Jun 6 with 1861 viewsm14_blue

Another 357 deaths today on 20:13 - Jun 6 by SirBasilBrush

“For his 4 year old”

😂😂

So there is one person in the country stupid enough to fall for the whole ‘family man’ line. I think that was a p1sstake mate, I’m not sure even they genuinely thought anyone would actually believe it.
Another 357 deaths today on 05:28 - Jun 7 with 1790 viewsBlue_Moses

Shielding until 30th June as it stands but there’s no way that won’t be extended after seeing the TV footage over the past 10 days. 92 days inside until last Monday and even since then I’ve only braved a total of 45 minutes outside. Before anyone comments I’m talking about people on beaches not protests. Appreciate the discussion but can’t see anything positive from this point of view.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2020 5:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024