Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) 18:47 - Jun 17 with 2277 viewsgainsboroughblue

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 17 with 2105 viewsEwan_Oozami

Looked well over

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 18:49 - Jun 17 with 2096 viewsbluelagos

Someone forgot to turn the goal line technology back on.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 18:51 - Jun 17 with 2068 viewsIllinoisblue

A blatant goal. VAR, goal line tech, a ref, a Lino.... not given. Shambles

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

A hilariously wrong decision.... on 18:52 - Jun 17 with 2057 viewsBloots

….it's great to have football back.

Lambert out.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

On furlough, innit. (n/t) on 18:52 - Jun 17 with 2045 viewsBloots

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 18:49 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Someone forgot to turn the goal line technology back on.

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 17 with 2022 viewsMercian

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 18:48 - Jun 17 by Ewan_Oozami

Looked well over

Downes and Woolfy will be sold for a pittance. Dobra will get no playtime, No player will play more than 3 straight games before being rotated. Got to get back in the mood.
Erm.... on 19:08 - Jun 17 with 1975 viewsBloots

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:01 - Jun 17 by Mercian

Downes and Woolfy will be sold for a pittance. Dobra will get no playtime, No player will play more than 3 straight games before being rotated. Got to get back in the mood.

….Lambert out.

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:09 - Jun 17 with 1992 viewsRegencyBlue

VAR and goal line technology failed incredibly badly there!

Shows what happens when common sense goes out of the window and the officials completely rely on technology.
Login to get fewer ads

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:24 - Jun 17 with 1934 viewsBluebell

Sheffield United must be fuming about that.

I can’t believe I want Villa to win but only because I want them to get more points than Norwich!
VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:48 - Jun 17 with 1885 viewssparks

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:09 - Jun 17 by RegencyBlue

VAR and goal line technology failed incredibly badly there!

Shows what happens when common sense goes out of the window and the officials completely rely on technology.

Bizarre. Only one game on. Even if it didnt buzz, surely the VAR folks could spot that and deal with it in a matter of seconds.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:54 - Jun 17 with 1852 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:48 - Jun 17 by sparks

Bizarre. Only one game on. Even if it didnt buzz, surely the VAR folks could spot that and deal with it in a matter of seconds.

Can’t help but feel the assumption that goal line technology would kick in means the officials on the pitch are less inclined to give a marginal decision, and similarly the VAR bods may have thought similarly and not kicked in a review

If indeed the goal line tech did fail then it was probably only realised too late to go back. That’s probably one of the drawbacks of relying on technology - although personally I think that is the one area it does (usually) work well and has got more correct decisions given than it has wrong

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:55 - Jun 17 with 1863 viewsbluelagos

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:48 - Jun 17 by sparks

Thought similar. They can review independently of the ref and inform him he has missed a pen, guess it may not be the protocol to review goal line decisions?

My commentary said the goal line tech didnt work as the goalie's body blocked it.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 20:19 - Jun 17 with 1793 viewsSwansea_Blue

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:55 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Thought similar. They can review independently of the ref and inform him he has missed a pen, guess it may not be the protocol to review goal line decisions?

My commentary said the goal line tech didnt work as the goalie's body blocked it.

Yeah I don't think they're allowed. I can't see what's easier than having a couple of people looking at replays and thinking 'that doesn't look right, we'll take a closer look at that'. Apparently that would be too simple though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 20:24 - Jun 17 with 1783 viewsSwansea_Blue

If the picture in this article shows the the furthest the ball went into the goal, there's every chance a tiny sliver of that is still on the line. It's not directly behind the post here.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51595065

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 20:27 - Jun 17 with 1755 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 20:19 - Jun 17 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah I don't think they're allowed. I can't see what's easier than having a couple of people looking at replays and thinking 'that doesn't look right, we'll take a closer look at that'. Apparently that would be too simple though.

See above - either that or the natural human instinct was to just assume it wasn’t in as the technology would have indicated it, and it being too late once the possibility of a technology failure was realised

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 20:41 - Jun 17 with 1704 viewssparks

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 20:19 - Jun 17 by Swansea_Blue

Arbitrary rules make a mockery of VAR.

But VAR makes a mockery of VAR regularly. Needs to go.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:26 - Jun 17 with 1643 viewssparks

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 20:41 - Jun 17 by sparks

Arbitrary rules make a mockery of VAR.

But VAR makes a mockery of VAR regularly. Needs to go.

Thats a penalty even with VAR? Really? And why a red card?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:40 - Jun 17 with 1619 viewsPablokuqi

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:26 - Jun 17 by sparks

Thats a penalty even with VAR? Really? And why a red card?

Are you talking about the city game? Stopped a clear scoring opportunity and was a deliberate foul. Double jeopardy rule only plays to genuine attempts to win the ball.
VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:43 - Jun 17 with 1612 viewssparks

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:40 - Jun 17 by Pablokuqi

Are you talking about the city game? Stopped a clear scoring opportunity and was a deliberate foul. Double jeopardy rule only plays to genuine attempts to win the ball.

It was extraordinarily soft and the city player threw himself over.

Anywhere else on the pitch, its nothing.

Pathetic PL as usual.

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:45 - Jun 17 with 1607 viewsTrequartista

lol

6:00pm - a break from watching old football for three months
6:01pm - 6:41pm ffs
6:42pm - back to watching old football

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:47 - Jun 17 with 1594 viewsEly_Blue

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:40 - Jun 17 by Pablokuqi

It was a very soft foul if it was a foul at all to be honest, I was surprised as well at the colour of the card too.
On the flip side 2 mins after the goal Sterling does a 2 footed scissor move on Mustafi which should be a red and he gets away with it

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 17 with 1584 viewssparks

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:47 - Jun 17 by Ely_Blue

It was a very soft foul if it was a foul at all to be honest, I was surprised as well at the colour of the card too.
On the flip side 2 mins after the goal Sterling does a 2 footed scissor move on Mustafi which should be a red and he gets away with it

Nothing much in that tackle. Was a genuine attempt and low.

Maybe a yellow for being late.

But to get a red and a pen, for fingers on a shoulder is absurd.

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:54 - Jun 17 with 1575 viewsEly_Blue

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 21:50 - Jun 17 by sparks

Nothing much in that tackle. Was a genuine attempt and low.

Maybe a yellow for being late.

But to get a red and a pen, for fingers on a shoulder is absurd.

Got to agree with the red, never in a million years is it a red, at full speed the Sterling challenge was a little reckless given that his team were 2-0 up

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 16:02 - Jun 18 with 1323 viewsSamWhiteUK

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:54 - Jun 17 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Can’t help but feel the assumption that goal line technology would kick in means the officials on the pitch are less inclined to give a marginal decision, and similarly the VAR bods may have thought similarly and not kicked in a review

If indeed the goal line tech did fail then it was probably only realised too late to go back. That’s probably one of the drawbacks of relying on technology - although personally I think that is the one area it does (usually) work well and has got more correct decisions given than it has wrong

The ref's watch allegedly (accroding to the Sky commentators, who apparently heard it from the ref himself) vibrated in the dressing room at half-time to signal the goal
VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 16:21 - Jun 18 with 1305 viewsRyorry

VAR farce already by the sounds of it. (n/t) on 19:55 - Jun 17 by bluelagos

Only saw the 10pm TV news clip, but that looked as tho the SheffU player pushed the keeper (who was holding the ball at the time) back across the line & into the goal, so a foul, not a goal?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024