Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but 15:59 - Jun 21 with 13535 viewsgtsb1966

Please give me something positive to cling to. My youngest daughter has just been rushed to Addenbrokes with a suspected brain tumour. Give me some positives. I'm in bits. Do you see people in intensive care who survive this. Shouldn't put it on here but I live on my own and just need reassurance? I thought I was strong.
[Post edited 21 Jun 2020 16:06]
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 10:57 - Jun 22 with 3021 viewsKeno

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 10:53 - Jun 22 by gtsb1966

Wish I could stop crying mate. Just randomly keep doing it. We got the dreaded news this morning that she definitely has a growth at he back of her brain. I spoke to her on the phone this morning and she was crying and telling me she is scared and wants me there. Nobody is allowed to see her though. That was the most gut wrenching thing I've ever experienced. I so want to be there holding her hand. Thanks again for the kind words all.

thinking of you and all your family

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 11:03 - Jun 22 with 3015 viewsnoggin

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 10:53 - Jun 22 by gtsb1966

Wish I could stop crying mate. Just randomly keep doing it. We got the dreaded news this morning that she definitely has a growth at he back of her brain. I spoke to her on the phone this morning and she was crying and telling me she is scared and wants me there. Nobody is allowed to see her though. That was the most gut wrenching thing I've ever experienced. I so want to be there holding her hand. Thanks again for the kind words all.

You need to get it all out and crying is a part of that process, nothing weak in crying mate. It must be awful not being able to be there to comfort her.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 11:06]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 11:11 - Jun 22 with 2992 viewsgtsb1966

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 11:03 - Jun 22 by noggin

You need to get it all out and crying is a part of that process, nothing weak in crying mate. It must be awful not being able to be there to comfort her.
[Post edited 22 Jun 2020 11:06]

It's beyond awful. Just spoke to her on the phone and providing there are no emergencies they will attempt to remove the tumour tomorrow. It's breaking my heart.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 11:22 - Jun 22 with 2956 viewsclive_baker

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 11:11 - Jun 22 by gtsb1966

It's beyond awful. Just spoke to her on the phone and providing there are no emergencies they will attempt to remove the tumour tomorrow. It's breaking my heart.

I'm not even going to pretend to understand. Your emotions seem perfectly normal and valid in your difficult circumstances and please know that everyone is thinking of you. Hang in there, you'll get through this.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 11:38 - Jun 22 with 2914 viewsMoriarty

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 11:11 - Jun 22 by gtsb1966

I’m very sorry to read about this and as one Father to another, I hope your daughter’s surgery is successful. I wish you both every strength in overcoming this.

fka omuircheartaigh

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 13:29 - Jun 22 with 2849 viewsjeera

Best wishes for tomorrow and for her recovery beyond that.

They know their stuff and we're fortunate to have those facilities so relatively close by.

Keep us informed; we're all rooting for her.

I know it's difficult, but try to look after yourself as much as you can too. Try to eat something, stay hydrated. Sleep can't be easy right now but as someone else said, do rest up if you can.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 13:38 - Jun 22 with 2831 viewsHerbivore

Sending you all best wishes. This would be such a hard thing to go through at the best of times but not being able to be there for her at the hospital must be heartbreaking for you. It's okay to cry as well, you don't have to put on a brave face. Try to stay positive though, they have located it and they are planning to remove it. These are really skilled people who know what they are doing. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 15:11 - Jun 22 with 2771 viewsLeBlue

I don't know you personally but I am so sorry to read your post.

As others have said, she is in the best hands and advances in medical care have been huge in recent years for this kind of condition.

Stay strong for her pal, but don't be afraid to shed a tear when you need to.

Thinking of you both and wishing your daughter a full and speedy recovery.
Login to get fewer ads

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:03 - Jun 22 with 2721 viewsgtsb1966

Not getting my hopes up here but the nurse has just told my daughter that she has seen the scans and the tumour is round surrounded by a cyst and is round . Apparently a round growth is good.. If there is a good. I'm straw clutching I know but it has made my daughter feel better.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:15 - Jun 22 with 2694 viewsjeera

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:03 - Jun 22 by gtsb1966

Not getting my hopes up here but the nurse has just told my daughter that she has seen the scans and the tumour is round surrounded by a cyst and is round . Apparently a round growth is good.. If there is a good. I'm straw clutching I know but it has made my daughter feel better.

It sounds as though that means it's more accessible?

Hey, any positive is good news.

Looking forward to hearing all about her impending recovery over the next few weeks.

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 22:50 - Jun 22 with 2610 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:03 - Jun 22 by gtsb1966

Thanks for the updates.

Will pray for the operation.

Look after yourself. You are doing the right thing facing up to your emotions. If you weren't randomly crying and scared you would be inhuman. Wish there was more I could say. Hope all goes well.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 08:06 - Jun 23 with 2518 viewsjeera

Everyone will be thinking of you, your daughter and your family today.

Really hope it all goes well for her.

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 16:50 - Jun 23 with 2378 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 08:06 - Jun 23 by jeera

Everyone will be thinking of you, your daughter and your family today.

Really hope it all goes well for her.

Been thinking of and praying for you all today. Continuing to do so.

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:02 - Jun 23 with 2354 viewsSwansea_Blue

I've got everything crossed here for you both.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:21 - Jun 23 with 2326 viewsgtsb1966

Thanks again all. She is having surgery as we speak. Has been since 2pm. I'll update you when I know. The waiting is so bloody stressful.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:22 - Jun 23 with 2320 viewsHerbivore

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:21 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

Thanks again all. She is having surgery as we speak. Has been since 2pm. I'll update you when I know. The waiting is so bloody stressful.

Sending good thoughts to you and your family. Fingers crossed for a good outcome and good news soon.

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:34 - Jun 23 with 2295 viewsGlasgowBlue

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:21 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

I hope everything goes well with the op mate.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:38 - Jun 23 with 2294 viewsKeno

Thinking of you

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 17:51 - Jun 23 with 2278 viewsNewcyBlue

Think of you all mate

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 18:28 - Jun 23 with 2239 viewsm14_blue

Keeping fingers crossed up here mate.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 19:01 - Jun 23 with 2206 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I can't imagine anything worse than that wait.

Look after yourself and so hope the news is good when it comes.

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 19:34 - Jun 23 with 2161 viewshoppy

Thinking of you. Hoping you're here soon bringing good news...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 19:53 - Jun 23 with 2144 viewsgtsb1966

My daughter is out of surgery. The surgeon has managed to get all the tumour out. He says the next 24 hours are crucial as a brain bleed can cause a stroke. In his opinion, and he is not 100%, he thinks it is benign. If she can get through the next 24 hours I'll take that all day long. Thanks to you for your support. It helped me so much and i can't thank you all enough. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hopefully in twenty four hours I'll have even better news... If that's even possible.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 19:58 - Jun 23 with 2124 viewsm14_blue

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 19:53 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

My daughter is out of surgery. The surgeon has managed to get all the tumour out. He says the next 24 hours are crucial as a brain bleed can cause a stroke. In his opinion, and he is not 100%, he thinks it is benign. If she can get through the next 24 hours I'll take that all day long. Thanks to you for your support. It helped me so much and i can't thank you all enough. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. Hopefully in twenty four hours I'll have even better news... If that's even possible.

Sounds like grounds for cautious optimism.

Keep going mate, she’s going to need you when this is all over.
Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 19:59 - Jun 23 with 2121 viewsHerbivore

Blue Badger...I know we've had our differences but on 19:53 - Jun 23 by gtsb1966

That's about as good news as possible at this stage, mate. Fingers crossed for an uneventful 24 hours and your daughter getting on the way to recovery.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024