Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burnley fans not apologising for plane... 12:13 - Jun 23 with 6559 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I think it is really important to state that 3 innocent people did die in Reading 3 days ago, again by an individual who is known to the authorities, but that has nothing to do with discrimination and inequality, that's purely incompetence to keep and control a safe country through governance.

I have serious doubt in my mind that this individual flew the banner in some sort of misguided recognition for the people in Reading.

This individual flew the flag because he feels threatened by the statement 'Black Lives Matter'. BLM isn't about Black lives, it is about all lives.

https://metro.co.uk/2020/06/23/burnley-fan-who-arranged-white-lives-matter-banne

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:17 - Jun 23 with 3658 viewsSwansea_Blue

If the twot wants to publically out himself s a white supremacist, I say let him get on with it. As has been mentioned many times before, I'd have expected more of someone claiming to be superior. They're always such a...disappointment.

Burnley have said he's not welcome at Turf Moor, which is a good result.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:19 - Jun 23 with 3634 viewsDarth_Koont

A picture and caption tells a thousand words:

"Jake Hepple (left) with Tommy Robinson, the former leader of the English Defence League"

Pronouns: He/Him

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:22 - Jun 23 with 3602 viewsfooters

No, don't punish him for doing it, it'll only make it worse. They should give him a free season ticket and tell him why he's wrong, then he'll definitely make a great ally to the BLM movement...

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:24 - Jun 23 with 3590 viewsblueprint

This was discussed on the Football away days Facebook page last night. A large amount were praising the people who instigated the fly past . When challenged they came out with the same lame arguments to justify it .

So many seem to think that “Black lives matters” means that nobody else’s does. They really don’t get it. One idiot said that because players took the knee that he will never set foot in a stadium again. Unbelievable.
Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:26 - Jun 23 with 3542 viewsSuperblue95

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:24 - Jun 23 by blueprint

This was discussed on the Football away days Facebook page last night. A large amount were praising the people who instigated the fly past . When challenged they came out with the same lame arguments to justify it .

So many seem to think that “Black lives matters” means that nobody else’s does. They really don’t get it. One idiot said that because players took the knee that he will never set foot in a stadium again. Unbelievable.

They get it, they just don’t want to listen.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:29 - Jun 23 with 3524 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:17 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

If the twot wants to publically out himself s a white supremacist, I say let him get on with it. As has been mentioned many times before, I'd have expected more of someone claiming to be superior. They're always such a...disappointment.

Burnley have said he's not welcome at Turf Moor, which is a good result.

I agree, if the moron wants to out himself, then so be it.

I don't feel comfortable him hiding being 3 deaths of innocent people in Reading 3 days ago as 'his reasons', because that isn't about discrimination or equality, thats about the people at the very top not protecting its public, again. I am sure the families of the victims in Reading would want nothing to do with this racist.

It is very clear he was not doing this in defence of victims of Reading in some misguided act, he is just a plain up front racist.

You can always judge a man by the company he keeps...

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:32 - Jun 23 with 3497 viewsDarth_Koont

Sadly, with all the dogwhistling that's been going on over the years, there are far too many angry white men who truly believe that BLM is an attack on them.

They think it's black lives mattering that has marginalised them. But it's not, what has marginalised them is the the populists who have co-opted their anger and lied to them.

If they had any insight into the root causes of their disillusionment and disenfranchisement then they'd see BLM and other progressive movements as their allies. Problem is that it's easier to hate and to blame than it is to think and perhaps accept some home truths.

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:35 - Jun 23 with 3484 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I thought last night when it originally flew over, 'ok what if this is some mark towards the victims of Reading, and this could be misguided but not malicious'.

Then I thought and read more and thought, Reading wasn't about discrimination or inequality, this banner wasn't about show supporting for them.

He is just racist, who feels threatened by the movement "black lives matter", isn't in the 21st century and needs to realise that this is for the greater good of all lives.

Login to get fewer ads

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:51 - Jun 23 with 3368 viewsPendejo

Given the usual stance of these folks... I wonder if they looked any deeper than the headlines

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53142464of

Jamie Wake, a friend of the victims, called the pub a "safe space" for members of the LGBT+ community.

That must be a conundrum for them as to who they hate most... I guess Johnny Foreigner "wins" in this ugly game of Top Trumps, and whoever thought that the top Trump would be called Trump, furthermore when I was at school a trump meant either something nasty and smelly or loud and without substance.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:57 - Jun 23 with 3343 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

That should probably read 'Burnley fan', rather than 'Burnley fans'.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 12:58]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:58 - Jun 23 with 3336 viewspointofblue

I know it’s obvious to sane people but the difference is those in Reading were murdered by a lone wolf terrorist whilst George Floyd was killed by those who were supposed to be serving to protect the public.

You do not expect respect or fairness from terrorists but it should be a right from the police - no matter race, religion, sexuality, age, gender etc.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 13:12 - Jun 23 with 3258 viewsBlueBadger

Accidental down there, many apologies.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 13:13]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 13:18 - Jun 23 with 3202 viewsSwansea_Blue

The best retort to those ignorant views I've seen is this.

'lone wolf terrorist' - or just a very ill person on 13:19 - Jun 23 with 3200 viewsunstableblue

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:58 - Jun 23 by pointofblue

I know it’s obvious to sane people but the difference is those in Reading were murdered by a lone wolf terrorist whilst George Floyd was killed by those who were supposed to be serving to protect the public.

You do not expect respect or fairness from terrorists but it should be a right from the police - no matter race, religion, sexuality, age, gender etc.

I think the guy who flew the banner wants it to be all binary, and that the Reading protagonist, was an organised terrorist, when in fact he was just a very very troubled man, who had been scarred by being in yet another middle eastern country falling apart

Nothing justifies his actions, but its not a binary view on this attack as the far right would have you think:

News article:
"The suspect in the Reading attack had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and an emotionally unstable personality disorder.

Khairi Saadallah, 25, who is being detained under terrorism powers after the stabbings on Saturday that left three people dead, was granted asylum in Britain after fleeing the Libyan civil war.

While the killings were declared a suspected terrorist incident, multiple sources, including intelligence agencies, have said mental health appeared to have been a significant factor. Official documents describe Saadallah’s “various mental health issues”, as well as struggles with debt, homelessness and alcohol misuse.

He was under the care of NHS mental health services at the time of the alleged terror attack, and had an extensive history of involvement with mental health services. He was previously detained under the Mental Health Act."

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 13:24 - Jun 23 with 3146 viewsBlueBadger

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 13:18 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

The best retort to those ignorant views I've seen is this.

This is the thing isn't it? These sad sacks have got LITERALLY nothing else in their lives other than the fact that they're white.

I'd say 'more to be pitied than scorned' if they weren't so easy to pour scorn on.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 13:30]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 14:08 - Jun 23 with 3028 viewsgernon

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:32 - Jun 23 by Darth_Koont

Sadly, with all the dogwhistling that's been going on over the years, there are far too many angry white men who truly believe that BLM is an attack on them.

They think it's black lives mattering that has marginalised them. But it's not, what has marginalised them is the the populists who have co-opted their anger and lied to them.

If they had any insight into the root causes of their disillusionment and disenfranchisement then they'd see BLM and other progressive movements as their allies. Problem is that it's easier to hate and to blame than it is to think and perhaps accept some home truths.

Great post, well put.

Only thing I wonder about is the part about it being easier to hate and blame. I agree, but in some ways is that not what we're in danger of doing to these people? If not hating and blaming, then certainly condemning and judging. As badger puts it below, either pitied or scorned. In my experience, that leads them to become more entrenched.

My hope is a truly progressive change will also include the end of polarising attitudes, and foster an attitude of understanding what's behind these kind of views.
Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 14:11 - Jun 23 with 3013 viewsSpruceMoose

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 13:24 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

This is the thing isn't it? These sad sacks have got LITERALLY nothing else in their lives other than the fact that they're white.

I'd say 'more to be pitied than scorned' if they weren't so easy to pour scorn on.

I've often thought that those who claim to have more pride in their country than others are frequently those that the country is most ashamed of.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

'lone wolf terrorist' - or just a very ill person on 14:17 - Jun 23 with 2983 viewspointofblue

'lone wolf terrorist' - or just a very ill person on 13:19 - Jun 23 by unstableblue

I think the guy who flew the banner wants it to be all binary, and that the Reading protagonist, was an organised terrorist, when in fact he was just a very very troubled man, who had been scarred by being in yet another middle eastern country falling apart

Nothing justifies his actions, but its not a binary view on this attack as the far right would have you think:

News article:
"The suspect in the Reading attack had been diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression and an emotionally unstable personality disorder.

Khairi Saadallah, 25, who is being detained under terrorism powers after the stabbings on Saturday that left three people dead, was granted asylum in Britain after fleeing the Libyan civil war.

While the killings were declared a suspected terrorist incident, multiple sources, including intelligence agencies, have said mental health appeared to have been a significant factor. Official documents describe Saadallah’s “various mental health issues”, as well as struggles with debt, homelessness and alcohol misuse.

He was under the care of NHS mental health services at the time of the alleged terror attack, and had an extensive history of involvement with mental health services. He was previously detained under the Mental Health Act."

Apologies, maybe I was a bit blunt in my OP. My intention was to emphasise that those who were sadly killed in Reading were not attacked by members of an organisation who are meant to protect the public.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 14:29 - Jun 23 with 2923 viewsDarth_Koont

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 14:08 - Jun 23 by gernon

Great post, well put.

Only thing I wonder about is the part about it being easier to hate and blame. I agree, but in some ways is that not what we're in danger of doing to these people? If not hating and blaming, then certainly condemning and judging. As badger puts it below, either pitied or scorned. In my experience, that leads them to become more entrenched.

My hope is a truly progressive change will also include the end of polarising attitudes, and foster an attitude of understanding what's behind these kind of views.

Yes, I know what you mean. I think the problem is that we as a country don't want to look at the root causes of disenfranchisement and disillusionment - it points the finger at our major political parties and media, and too much of what we as an electorate have passively or actively enabled in the name of a status quo that protects individual interests rather than protects all individuals.

The key cause is socio-economic inequality. But you'll find precious few politicians, newspapers or members of the public who will call out the system itself.

So I think this needs to be a broad front. Censuring racism and other discrimination as socially unacceptable while demanding more from the political and economic system.

On a related note, we've done the same over the environment and arguably seen a shift in recent years. It very much started as an individual choice and social standard to protect local environments, use fewer plastic bags, use more energy-efficient products etc. But deep down we always knew that was p!ssing in the wind compared to changing how we live, work and consume on a global scale. That's still a long way off but I don't think too many serious politicians, media and businesses can now disagree with or dismiss the basic systemic challenge we face. That's a massive step - and a step that we can take quicker for racial and social justice.

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 14:42 - Jun 23 with 2875 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:57 - Jun 23 by Marshalls_Mullet

That should probably read 'Burnley fan', rather than 'Burnley fans'.
[Post edited 23 Jun 2020 12:58]

I actually meant Burnley fan, not fans, just typo so thanks for picking that out.

I was listening to a young Burnley fan last night who was outraged by this, indicating the club has worked so hard to move away from this 'old faction supporter group' that once was prominent at Burnley.

I have to say I think 99% of Burnley fans will be outraged by this and I am certainly not categorising them all.

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 14:52 - Jun 23 with 2837 viewsBryanPlug

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 14:42 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I actually meant Burnley fan, not fans, just typo so thanks for picking that out.

I was listening to a young Burnley fan last night who was outraged by this, indicating the club has worked so hard to move away from this 'old faction supporter group' that once was prominent at Burnley.

I have to say I think 99% of Burnley fans will be outraged by this and I am certainly not categorising them all.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 15:35 - Jun 23 with 2709 viewsSwansea_Blue

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 13:24 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

Yes, if it wasn't for the fact they don't like people purely because of the colour of their skin or where they were born, I'd pity them.

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 15:47 - Jun 23 with 2685 viewsBlueBadger

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 15:35 - Jun 23 by Swansea_Blue

Yes, if it wasn't for the fact they don't like people purely because of the colour of their skin or where they were born, I'd pity them.

Ah now, they don't just hate people for that, they hate them for being LGBT and women as well.

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 15:54 - Jun 23 with 2661 viewsWubbleU

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 12:35 - Jun 23 by TheTrueBlue1878

I thought last night when it originally flew over, 'ok what if this is some mark towards the victims of Reading, and this could be misguided but not malicious'.

Then I thought and read more and thought, Reading wasn't about discrimination or inequality, this banner wasn't about show supporting for them.

He is just racist, who feels threatened by the movement "black lives matter", isn't in the 21st century and needs to realise that this is for the greater good of all lives.

Not defending the banner, clearly racist, but does feel like people draw the boundaries wherever fits their point of view.

So BLM is for the greater good of all lives but we mustn't call it 'all lives matter' because that's not the point...except when it is the point.
Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 15:58 - Jun 23 with 2636 viewsSwansea_Blue

Burnley fans not apologising for plane... on 15:47 - Jun 23 by BlueBadger

Ah now, they don't just hate people for that, they hate them for being LGBT and women as well.

They must have met my missus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024