Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. 11:36 - Jun 24 with 5716 viewsCoco

This current situation is perfect for them imho. Burley’s coaching ability to instil a style of play and bring on young players coupled with Dyer’s enthusiasm and contacts in the modern game. No guarantee it would work of course but I would be fully behind it. Evans just isn’t a progressive thinker sadly.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 11:43 - Jun 24 with 4120 viewsOldsmoker

I agree with you to some degree Coco but I really don't want to stand in front of a firing squad with you.
You should expect some flak.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 11:54 - Jun 24 with 4082 viewsBloomBlue

I would prefer Dyer and MM. Burley has been out of the game too long and was a failure here at the end with relegation and some bad transfer decisions. MM has a great ability to get good players for a little money and instill loyalty as shown with some players leaving who would have stayed if MM stayed, if he can help Dyer with that knowledge and it would be better for the Town & Dyer short and long-term
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 11:54 - Jun 24 with 4080 viewsMullet

You were calling for Dyer in 2016 and wondered why you got shot down? Really?

There's progressive and there's replacing the best manager he's had with a rookie and a bloke with years out of the game. Had he done that Evans would be even more of a laughing stock and the football world would have erupted most likely.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 12:05 - Jun 24 with 4062 viewshampstead_blue

I fully agree with your sentiment but we need a very large broom to get rid of a few players first.

I will start with Chambers. Now, like you I get shot down by this but I feel he is a blockage to progress.

An experienced coach with a vibrant young #2 is a great idea. GB and KD, why not. WHat else do we have to lose?
Our dignity was shrunk in the wash years ago. We're pretty naked tbh.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 12:05 - Jun 24 with 4060 viewsCoco

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 11:54 - Jun 24 by Mullet

You were calling for Dyer in 2016 and wondered why you got shot down? Really?

There's progressive and there's replacing the best manager he's had with a rookie and a bloke with years out of the game. Had he done that Evans would be even more of a laughing stock and the football world would have erupted most likely.

Back then it was as assistant to Burley. Just felt it was the time for a club reset like when Liverpool went back to Dalglish briefly. Only my opinion bor, wouldn’t worked out any worse in hindsight eh

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 12:10 - Jun 24 with 4047 viewsBlueBadger

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 11:54 - Jun 24 by BloomBlue

I would prefer Dyer and MM. Burley has been out of the game too long and was a failure here at the end with relegation and some bad transfer decisions. MM has a great ability to get good players for a little money and instill loyalty as shown with some players leaving who would have stayed if MM stayed, if he can help Dyer with that knowledge and it would be better for the Town & Dyer short and long-term

I'll take Burley's failures over Lameberts 'successes' any day.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 16:11]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 12:21 - Jun 24 with 3988 viewsMullet

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 12:05 - Jun 24 by Coco

Back then it was as assistant to Burley. Just felt it was the time for a club reset like when Liverpool went back to Dalglish briefly. Only my opinion bor, wouldn’t worked out any worse in hindsight eh

Why did we need a reset in 2016? Now it makes sense, but getting rid of Mick never has in that sense.

I get a lot of people have rewritten history out of embarrassment, but finishing 7th only saw real enmity from the most impatient and deluded.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:05 - Jun 24 with 3904 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I need full written evidence that you were calling for Dyer in 2016.

I have to say Burley / Dyer is a much better option and certainly could work, rather than just Dyer.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 13:05]

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:06 - Jun 24 with 3888 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 12:05 - Jun 24 by hampstead_blue

I fully agree with your sentiment but we need a very large broom to get rid of a few players first.

I will start with Chambers. Now, like you I get shot down by this but I feel he is a blockage to progress.

An experienced coach with a vibrant young #2 is a great idea. GB and KD, why not. WHat else do we have to lose?
Our dignity was shrunk in the wash years ago. We're pretty naked tbh.

I agree with this, club needs an overhaul, done correctly. So much dead wood at this club.

Chambers
Nolan
Nsiala
Donacien
Sears
Judge

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:07 - Jun 24 with 3887 viewstractorboy1978

Dyer isn't overly glowing of George in his book.
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:10 - Jun 24 with 3871 viewsLibero

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 11:54 - Jun 24 by BloomBlue

Gareth Bale,
Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain,
Theo Walcott,
Adam Lallana,
Wilf Zaha,
Nathanial Clyne,
Darren Ambrose,
Titus Bramble,
Darren Bent,
Kieron Dyer,
Craig Gordon,

All players Burley cultivated and improved, most of those are still playing today.

I can't subscribe to this idea that Burley's been away from the game "too long" - do you think he's not watching football? Manager's like Burley never stop learning and studying the game is second nature to them.

What is it you think he's going to be woefully out of touch with that he's missed between 2012 - 2020?
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:10 - Jun 24 with 3870 viewsTJS

I'd take any combination of Dyer/Burley/Magilton now without even bothering with an interview.
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:11 - Jun 24 with 3866 viewsLibero

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:07 - Jun 24 by tractorboy1978

Dyer isn't overly glowing of George in his book.

I'm not saying you're wrong as it's been a while but I've read the book and can't say I remember picking that up from it, is there a passage in particular that gave you that impression?
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:18 - Jun 24 with 3841 viewsHerbivore

4 years ago it would have been madness. Now we don't have an awful lot to lose so getting a couple of club legends in, one experienced and one just starting out, makes sense. I'd see Dyer leading more on the coaching than Burley though, given how long it's been since Burley stepped on to a training ground. Dyer has been doing coaching, albeit at youth level, and getting his badges. I'd see Burley being more of a guiding hand and doing some of the more management stuff, like overseeing scouting and recruitment and working on the links between the academy and first team.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:41 - Jun 24 with 3765 viewsjeera

I'm not against it in principle, but isn't that sort of assuming they'd want it as a partnership or even get along?

I think we have this vision of the older, wiser experienced head of George watching over the dynamic younger Kieran and it all seems a bit romantic to me.

I wonder if the reality would be the same.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:46 - Jun 24 with 3758 viewsCheltenham_Blue

We all thought he was being progressive when appointing a young up and coming manager from the lower leagues though.

Look how well that turned out.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 15:12 - Jun 24 with 3648 views26_Paz

One has been out of the game for too long and one has zero experience. Has Dyer even expressed any interest in becoming a manager? I’d be looking more at John Mcgreal
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 15:13]

The Paz Man

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 15:16 - Jun 24 with 3641 viewsDanTheMan

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 15:12 - Jun 24 by 26_Paz

One has been out of the game for too long and one has zero experience. Has Dyer even expressed any interest in becoming a manager? I’d be looking more at John Mcgreal
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 15:13]

I'm fairly certain Dyer has said he wants to move into management.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 15:25 - Jun 24 with 3618 viewsChrisd

Regardless of how long GB has been out of the game, he knows football and he understands how to get a team playing, that never changes. More importantly, he knows the club. Someone young working alongside him willing to learn, like Dyer, with his successful Town career makes total sense. This type of appointment probably would have the right impact with many of us disgruntled Town fans currently. Sadly, we've got 5 years of PL to look forward to.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 15:51 - Jun 24 with 3577 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:10 - Jun 24 by Libero

Gareth Bale,
Alex Oxlaide-Chamberlain,
Theo Walcott,
Adam Lallana,
Wilf Zaha,
Nathanial Clyne,
Darren Ambrose,
Titus Bramble,
Darren Bent,
Kieron Dyer,
Craig Gordon,

All players Burley cultivated and improved, most of those are still playing today.

I can't subscribe to this idea that Burley's been away from the game "too long" - do you think he's not watching football? Manager's like Burley never stop learning and studying the game is second nature to them.

What is it you think he's going to be woefully out of touch with that he's missed between 2012 - 2020?

To be fair to Burley, professionals talk so highly of him in regards to help their development as young pro.

I remember reading an Ambrose / Bent article where they really shone him a very good light in that regards.

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 16:22 - Jun 24 with 3529 viewsLibero

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 15:51 - Jun 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

To be fair to Burley, professionals talk so highly of him in regards to help their development as young pro.

I remember reading an Ambrose / Bent article where they really shone him a very good light in that regards.

It’s clear that Burnley’s first and foremost a great coach, not many managers were as hands on in player development back when Burley was at the helm.
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 16:52 - Jun 24 with 3478 viewstractorboy1978

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:11 - Jun 24 by Libero

I'm not saying you're wrong as it's been a while but I've read the book and can't say I remember picking that up from it, is there a passage in particular that gave you that impression?

It's been a while since I read it too but I certainly got the vibe he could take or leave Burley. There was an issue about a loyalty bonus after he left too IIRC and he felt like Burley/Sheepy shafted him.
Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 17:20 - Jun 24 with 3439 viewsRadlett_blue

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 16:52 - Jun 24 by tractorboy1978

It's been a while since I read it too but I certainly got the vibe he could take or leave Burley. There was an issue about a loyalty bonus after he left too IIRC and he felt like Burley/Sheepy shafted him.

Was that one of those issues when a player leaves for a bigger club, but demands to be paid his "loyalty bonus" because he didn't make a written transfer request? Hmm...
Not surprised some fans want us to revert to the populist plan of a former hero/player in charge of the team. All this does is buy a bit of short term goodwill. I don't particularly want us to employ a rookie manager. While I have little confidence in Lambert & thought he was a bad appointment at the time, I don't think the club wants yet another re-set.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 18:08 - Jun 24 with 3381 viewsBlueBadger

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 13:05 - Jun 24 by TheTrueBlue1878

I need full written evidence that you were calling for Dyer in 2016.

I have to say Burley / Dyer is a much better option and certainly could work, rather than just Dyer.
[Post edited 24 Jun 2020 13:05]

'Dear Mr TheTrueBlue1878,

I can honestlyy, totally legit say that Coco was calling for Dyer to be made Town manager in 2016.

Yourse Sincerely,

Coco's Mum.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 18:28 - Jun 24 with 3353 viewsTractorWood

Have said Dyer and Burley for 4 years now and been shot down. on 17:20 - Jun 24 by Radlett_blue

Was that one of those issues when a player leaves for a bigger club, but demands to be paid his "loyalty bonus" because he didn't make a written transfer request? Hmm...
Not surprised some fans want us to revert to the populist plan of a former hero/player in charge of the team. All this does is buy a bit of short term goodwill. I don't particularly want us to employ a rookie manager. While I have little confidence in Lambert & thought he was a bad appointment at the time, I don't think the club wants yet another re-set.

I understand Lambert has been a shambles but hiring someone who's not managed at a decent level in ten years can't be the answer.

Hiring on nostalgia is fine but rarely does it go well. The problem here is Evans' structure. No DoF, no CEO, it's impossible a poison chalice.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024