Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The new home kit is just PR isn't it? 11:47 - Jul 1 with 1968 viewsJackSted

Hear me out: Firstly, why would you release a ceremonial kit 40 years after it happens? Surely it would've made sense to release it after 50?

Don't get me wrong, I like the kit, but I wonder if they would've released this kit if we had a solid season in League One finishing in the top 2? Makes me think they only released this kit as a bit of PR to loosen the tension between us and the club following our fantastic League One debut.

TWTD Supervillain
Poll: Is Lambert the right man for the job?

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 11:54 - Jul 1 with 1917 viewsbournemouthblue

It is an unusual anniversary without question

I know there has been some clamour on TWTD to return to the yellow badge as well so I wonder if they had spotted this and thought it was worth a crack given the issues with Corona

I haven't bought any of the new kits since they moved to one season only but I will get this one as a piece of nostalgia so it's worked on me

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 11:54 - Jul 1 with 1916 viewsGeoffSentence

Well it is a 10 year anniversary so it makes some kind of sense. What I want to know is what the 50th anniversary will be like. Can your future self enlighten us?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 11:56 - Jul 1 with 1890 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 11:54 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

Well it is a 10 year anniversary so it makes some kind of sense. What I want to know is what the 50th anniversary will be like. Can your future self enlighten us?

Yes, I don't think 40 years is THAT odd.

39 years would be odd.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 11:58 - Jul 1 with 1877 viewsnoggin

I've ordered one. First time in many years.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 12:02 - Jul 1 with 1870 viewsPhilTWTD

Will be plenty of stuff to celebrate the 40th anniversary, not just the kit, as was the case with 1978. There's a play, there are two dinners that I'm aware of. The kit would have been sorted to some degree before the season went downhill.

One reason why 40th anniversaries get celebrated is more of those involved are still around. We have already lost one of those who played a part in 1981.

This post has been edited by an administrator
The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 12:03 - Jul 1 with 1857 viewsFixed_It

Does it matter? Really?
It's a good kit. And in 10 years time maybe some of us who witnessed the win (or played in it) won't be around to celebrate it.
But moaners are going to moan...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 12:04 - Jul 1 with 1848 viewsFixed_It

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 12:02 - Jul 1 by PhilTWTD

Will be plenty of stuff to celebrate the 40th anniversary, not just the kit, as was the case with 1978. There's a play, there are two dinners that I'm aware of. The kit would have been sorted to some degree before the season went downhill.

One reason why 40th anniversaries get celebrated is more of those involved are still around. We have already lost one of those who played a part in 1981.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well quite. I made a similar point before I read your reply.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 12:19 - Jul 1 with 1769 viewsFutureJackSted

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 11:54 - Jul 1 by GeoffSentence

Well like I said all that time ago Marcus Evens never sells up even by the 2030/31 season. This affects the clubs financial status so much we actually liquidate that season 2 weeks before the 50th anniversary kit was meant to be released
Login to get fewer ads

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 12:24 - Jul 1 with 1743 viewsclive_baker

You say it like its a bad thing. Since when has improving public relations been a negative. Feels like the club is a little damned if they do, and damned if they don't to me. It's hardly surprising that a business would be opportunistic about recognising an anniversary of a notable achievement in order to generate more revenue. Ultimately we've got a half decent looking kit out of it, that I would wager will generate more into the coffers than previous attempts. I don't see what the problem is.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 12:24 - Jul 1 with 1741 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

I'll take any type go homage to our greatest ever team, in our greatest ever year, with greatest ever manager.

I'll have ceremonial kit on 41 years, 42 and 43 years anniversary.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 19:05 - Jul 1 with 1473 viewsEnigma_Blue

I would assume the reason for doing a 40 year anniversary one is because Adidas might not be supplying our kits in 10 years time. Makes sense to have an anniversary kit made by the same manufacturer who supplied the original.
The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 19:24 - Jul 1 with 1453 viewsPinewoodblue

Don't tell Jack it is a sales gimmick, they make money from selling the kits.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2020 20:22]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 19:40 - Jul 1 with 1423 viewsDubtractor

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 11:56 - Jul 1 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes, I don't think 40 years is THAT odd.

39 years would be odd.

Having a special event to celebrate getting to the third round would be odd.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 19:57 - Jul 1 with 1387 viewsglasso

Isn't every kit a PR move? I mean, PR is there to give you a talking point, get yourself out there amongst your customers and encourage them to interact with your company... releasing a kit is a commercial move, and releasing a kit that has some kind of 'extra reason' to buy it is good PR, which should lead to good commercial returns?
The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 20:02 - Jul 1 with 1369 viewsSwansea_Blue

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 19:57 - Jul 1 by glasso

Isn't every kit a PR move? I mean, PR is there to give you a talking point, get yourself out there amongst your customers and encourage them to interact with your company... releasing a kit is a commercial move, and releasing a kit that has some kind of 'extra reason' to buy it is good PR, which should lead to good commercial returns?

Of course it is. That's how they sell kits.

40 is fair enough. It's a 10 year anniversary. You have 40 year wedding anniversaries - they don't say 'hold on, yuou have to wait for the 50 year before commemorating it'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 20:13 - Jul 1 with 1335 viewsTerry_Nutkins

I just don't get this post. What point is it making and where is the problem?

Poll: Genuine answers please on what you would choose next season!

The new home kit is just PR isn't it? on 20:33 - Jul 1 with 1308 viewsParisBlue

It's because the 50th anniversary coincided with the 10 year anniversary of the record breaking League 1 championship season.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024