Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? 09:40 - Jul 6 with 5832 viewsbournemouthblue

inspired by the Budgies farcical claims of bring the best side ever to be relegated, who do we reckon is actually the best side to be relegated from the Premier League?

I imagine West Ham who were relegated with the highest points total will have a fair shout?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:47 - Jul 6 with 2366 viewsGarv

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:44 - Jul 6 by clive_baker

Are some people actually claiming that to be the case? Odd given they're rock bottom and can't beat an egg. They're not even the best side to be relegated this season.

Newcastle in 2016 are worthy of a mention. Their squad was far too good to go down but Rafa came in too late. Steve Mclaren, what a disaster he is.

Newcastle must have had a pretty good squad in 2008/09 when they went down as well. They walked the Championship in 2009/10.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:56 - Jul 6 with 2352 viewsclive_baker

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:19 - Jul 6 by Superblue95

I think the Newcastle squad of 2008 were better. Too many mercenaries though and a shambolic trail of managers.

No squad containing Owen, Nolan, Barton, Duff, Martins, Taylor, Butt, Collocini, Enrique, Smith and Viduka should have been anywhere near going down.

That's fair, that squad was arguably better than the 2016 one. I think in both cases had they had a proper manager for the most part they would've been OK. It was a complete farce with Shearer in charge. Owen sat on the bench refusing to play. Absolute circus of a club they were at that time.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:58 - Jul 6 with 2346 viewsThe_Major

I should think we need to look closer to home to be honest. Champions in 62 to down in 64? Was there much difference in personnel between the two, manager aside?
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:06 - Jul 6 with 2319 viewsBLUEBEAT

Have Norwich really said that?

They are such an embarrassment to East Anglia.

Poll: W or W

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:07 - Jul 6 with 2319 viewsBlueRaider

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 11:42 - Jul 6 by Clapham_Junction

Man City 1937/38 must be a decent shout.

Champions the previous season and the division's top scorers in the season they went down. I think possibly the only team ever relegated from the top division with a positive goal difference?

Just looked at that, what a bonkers season. Bottom had 36 points, top had 52. City won 14 of their 42 games, and if you apply their points to 3 for a win and a 38 game season they went down with 45 points.

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:20 - Jul 6 with 2297 viewshampstead_blue

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 09:45 - Jul 6 by Libero

Yep, that West Ham side with Sinclair, Joe Cole, Carrick, Kanoute, etc.

When you look through this thread one theme pops out...Highly paid players, and lots of them, not pulling their weight.

If those players had done their job to the best, or as close to as they could, of their abilities, those clubs would have had a chance.

I understand the manager is a big factor but the players could have revolted.

All taking their fat salaries and transfers soon after no doubt with sign-on fees.

The players should be barred from the prem for a few years for not pulling their weight.....

(I'm getting very left wing at the moment)

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:32 - Jul 6 with 2284 viewsIllinoisblue

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:06 - Jul 6 by BLUEBEAT

To be fair, don’t think they’ve said that. Just some delusional pundits

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:35 - Jul 6 with 2282 viewsLibero

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:20 - Jul 6 by hampstead_blue

When you look through this thread one theme pops out...Highly paid players, and lots of them, not pulling their weight.

If those players had done their job to the best, or as close to as they could, of their abilities, those clubs would have had a chance.

I understand the manager is a big factor but the players could have revolted.

All taking their fat salaries and transfers soon after no doubt with sign-on fees.

The players should be barred from the prem for a few years for not pulling their weight.....

(I'm getting very left wing at the moment)

Nice of you to respond to my post.

How about some engagement with me in the latter stages of this thread...

Appaulled by one's own. by hampstead_blue 4 Jul 2020 13:45
Am a member of a few veteran type fv groups. Mainly linked to my old units and Corps.

In one group, Ex-Army or something like that, someone posted a video of a black chap gobbing off to a group of white blokes. He got his head bashed about. Nothing particularly edifying for either party in the video.

What hurt me was the comments. I'm not going to repeat as I don't want to be any way linked but......
I did report it and left the group.

It's sad and shameful that a bunch of Phil Mitchell lookeelikeees, and that was pretty much the demographic, are out there and spouting off in the name of 'veterans'.

Happy to share good and bad and this is utterly shameful.

Context before someone disappears into the kuiper belt........These are only my 'own' in that they are veterans. Nowt else links me to those utter morons. Let's just make that clear. Sorry Herbivore to ruin that one for you.

Login to get fewer ads

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 14:16 - Jul 6 with 2249 viewsjaykay

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:35 - Jul 6 by Libero

Nice of you to respond to my post.

How about some engagement with me in the latter stages of this thread...

Appaulled by one's own. by hampstead_blue 4 Jul 2020 13:45
Am a member of a few veteran type fv groups. Mainly linked to my old units and Corps.

In one group, Ex-Army or something like that, someone posted a video of a black chap gobbing off to a group of white blokes. He got his head bashed about. Nothing particularly edifying for either party in the video.

What hurt me was the comments. I'm not going to repeat as I don't want to be any way linked but......
I did report it and left the group.

It's sad and shameful that a bunch of Phil Mitchell lookeelikeees, and that was pretty much the demographic, are out there and spouting off in the name of 'veterans'.

Happy to share good and bad and this is utterly shameful.

Context before someone disappears into the kuiper belt........These are only my 'own' in that they are veterans. Nowt else links me to those utter morons. Let's just make that clear. Sorry Herbivore to ruin that one for you.

i think a p.m. might be incoming

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 14:46 - Jul 6 with 2235 viewsLibero

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 14:16 - Jul 6 by jaykay

i think a p.m. might be incoming

Doesn't seem warranted on either side in my opinion, however I'll leave that up to our omnipotent overlord.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 15:23 - Jul 6 with 2217 viewsjaykay

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 14:46 - Jul 6 by Libero

Doesn't seem warranted on either side in my opinion, however I'll leave that up to our omnipotent overlord.

i think you misunderstood my post.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 15:29 - Jul 6 with 2214 viewsMullet

Probably that Juventus one when they got done for corruption. Buffon, Nedved, Zlatan etc.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 17:19 - Jul 6 with 2188 viewsbournemouthblue

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 12:19 - Jul 6 by Superblue95

I think the Newcastle squad of 2008 were better. Too many mercenaries though and a shambolic trail of managers.

No squad containing Owen, Nolan, Barton, Duff, Martins, Taylor, Butt, Collocini, Enrique, Smith and Viduka should have been anywhere near going down.

That's the one I'm thinking of

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 17:21 - Jul 6 with 2186 viewsbournemouthblue

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 13:06 - Jul 6 by BLUEBEAT

I'm not sure we are in a position to make that claim currently

But it's amusing all the same

I wonder if they can add it to their honours?

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 18:10 - Jul 6 with 2162 viewsAce_High1

Surely West Ham when they had Kanoute, Defoe, Di Canid, Carrick, Cole, Johnson etc?
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 18:11 - Jul 6 with 2162 viewsAce_High1

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 15:29 - Jul 6 by Mullet

Probably that Juventus one when they got done for corruption. Buffon, Nedved, Zlatan etc.

Ha good shout. What was interesting with that one was the likes of Buffon, Nedved, Del Piero who all stayed loyal for the year and got them back up.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 18:21 - Jul 6 with 2150 viewsPhilTWTD

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 15:29 - Jul 6 by Mullet

Marseille side similarly relegated in 1994.
Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 19:08 - Jul 6 with 2129 viewsWeWereZombies

Who are the best ever team to be relegated? on 18:21 - Jul 6 by PhilTWTD

Marseille side similarly relegated in 1994.

And Rangers leaving the SPL and having to join the fourth tier of Scottish football in 2012/13 with a squad including Neil Alexander, Carlos Bocanegra and Lee McCulloch.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024