Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This will upset some.... 10:57 - Jul 16 with 18994 viewsHerbivore

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-53427197

Clearly the right decision for me though, and if she has committed crimes she should be tried under UK law when she returns.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This will upset some.... on 13:14 - Jul 16 with 1282 viewsHerbivore

This will upset some.... on 13:07 - Jul 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Not particularly, you have your opinion, and I have mine.

What is your opinion? I can't see that you've offered one.

This will upset some.... on 13:15 - Jul 16 with 1281 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This will upset some.... on 13:11 - Jul 16 by SpruceMoose

Your opinion stinks though.

In your opinion...
This will upset some.... on 13:17 - Jul 16 with 1263 viewstractordownsouth

This will upset some.... on 11:12 - Jul 16 by Herbivore

If the government hadn't made an illegal decision based on pure populism to appeal to its base none of this would have been necessary. Be angry at them for wasting tax payers' money once again.

Well quite... I respect Sajid Javid for standing up to Cummings but this Begum situation is his doing as he was Home Sec when the original decision was made. He was also the one doing the media rounds supporting those deportation flights. Can’t have it two ways... I suspect he knew that but the party has spent so much time trying to appeal to the hard/far right, he felt it was the right course of action to keep them onside

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

This will upset some.... on 13:18 - Jul 16 with 1259 viewsGaryCooper

Impressionable youngsters groomed for ideological and political means.
This will upset some.... on 13:22 - Jul 16 with 1234 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This will upset some.... on 13:14 - Jul 16 by Herbivore

What is your opinion? I can't see that you've offered one.

I am pleased she will face justice.
This will upset some.... on 13:28 - Jul 16 with 1203 viewsHerbivore

This will upset some.... on 13:22 - Jul 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I am pleased she will face justice.

I'm glad you agree this is the right decision.

This will upset some.... on 13:31 - Jul 16 with 1188 viewshampstead_blue

This will upset some.... on 11:02 - Jul 16 by Darth_Koont

The UK government effectively broke international law to make a political statement.

It's just business as normal for this lot.

out of interest what would you do with her and her kind?

If you can guarantee that 'life means life' then bring them back and lock them up in a highly segregated prison where she can do no more damage to this country.

Please do also understand that she and her like are terrorists who happily bring death upon innocent people in this country.

I understand the need to respect International law but I also want to live in a secure and safe country.

To ensure security you really need to have a prison system where the radicals are totally segregated and cannot infect others. Life meaning life as well.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

This will upset some.... on 13:36 - Jul 16 with 1166 viewsHerbivore

This will upset some.... on 13:31 - Jul 16 by hampstead_blue

If you can guarantee that 'life means life' then bring them back and lock them up in a highly segregated prison where she can do no more damage to this country.

Please do also understand that she and her like are terrorists who happily bring death upon innocent people in this country.

I understand the need to respect International law but I also want to live in a secure and safe country.

To ensure security you really need to have a prison system where the radicals are totally segregated and cannot infect others. Life meaning life as well.

So someone who left the country at 15 and who, as far as we know, hasn't actually killed anyone should be locked up and segregated for the rest of her life?

Login to get fewer ads

This will upset some.... on 13:39 - Jul 16 with 1160 viewsSouthBucksBlue

I have very little sympathy for this person.
I appreciate that she may have been/probably was groomed at a young age but:

Wasn’t the government stance that they weren’t making her stateless as she had a claim to Bangladesh citizenships?
If she is allowed back in the country you can guarantee that her case will drag on for years and that lawyers will argue she won’t be able to have a fair trial for offensives related to ISIS membership.
There are a significant number of examples of potential terror offenders on UK security force watch lists that offend or reoffend.
Above all, she hasn’t renounced her sympathy with ISIS an organisation that has indiscriminately ended and ruined lives of UK citizens on UK soil.
This will upset some.... on 13:45 - Jul 16 with 1141 viewsMeadowlark

This will upset some.... on 12:57 - Jul 16 by GeoffSentence

Oh gosh! Queue my facebook page being filled up with outraged people.

Q: Cue a queue?
Coo!
Could be a coup.
This will upset some.... on 13:49 - Jul 16 with 1127 viewshampstead_blue

This will upset some.... on 13:36 - Jul 16 by Herbivore

So someone who left the country at 15 and who, as far as we know, hasn't actually killed anyone should be locked up and segregated for the rest of her life?

Yep. You've nailed it.

She and a group of other young girls, left this country to support ISIS.

Did she pull a trigger? Probably not.
Was her goal to support ISIS and do everything in her power to improve the life of those pulling triggers? Yes.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.

This will upset some.... on 13:52 - Jul 16 with 1119 viewsjeera

Why is this so hard?

You want to live in a safe country at the expense of another innocent person who also wants to live in a safe country, namely their own.

She's not some poor Syrian's problem.

This is really, really straight forward.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

This will upset some.... on 13:52 - Jul 16 with 1119 viewsHerbivore

This will upset some.... on 13:39 - Jul 16 by SouthBucksBlue

Wasn’t the government stance that they weren’t making her stateless as she had a claim to Bangladesh citizenships?
If she is allowed back in the country you can guarantee that her case will drag on for years and that lawyers will argue she won’t be able to have a fair trial for offensives related to ISIS membership.
There are a significant number of examples of potential terror offenders on UK security force watch lists that offend or reoffend.
Above all, she hasn’t renounced her sympathy with ISIS an organisation that has indiscriminately ended and ruined lives of UK citizens on UK soil.

She has never lived in Bangladesh, her mother is from there but the Bangladeshi authorities were clear that she would not be eligible for citizenship there. You cannot make someone stateless. She is a UK citizen and the UK's responsibility. There need to be repercussions for her of course, but we also need to ask ourselves some searching questions about why a 15 year old girl who was born here felt so little sense of belonging that she chose to go a live in war torn Syria to do little more than bear children.

This will upset some.... on 13:53 - Jul 16 with 1106 viewsSpruceMoose

This will upset some.... on 13:49 - Jul 16 by hampstead_blue

Yep. You've nailed it.

Was her goal to support ISIS and do everything in her power to improve the life of those pulling triggers? Yes.

Military 'intelligence'.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This will upset some.... on 13:54 - Jul 16 with 1098 viewsjeera

This will upset some.... on 13:39 - Jul 16 by SouthBucksBlue

How the flying f*** is that Bangladesh's problem?

They didn't want to know, understandably as it's nothing to do with them.

She also has a claim here, what with being British n' all.

This will upset some.... on 13:56 - Jul 16 with 1088 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This will upset some.... on 13:53 - Jul 16 by SpruceMoose

Military 'intelligence'.

Yeah...she was probably just on holiday.
This will upset some.... on 13:57 - Jul 16 with 1078 viewsGlasgowBlue

At 15 years of age when she left you would hope that she could be rehabilitated.

A long sentence as a punishment? Yes. But certainly not throw away the key.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

This will upset some.... on 13:58 - Jul 16 with 1076 viewsSpruceMoose

This will upset some.... on 13:56 - Jul 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Yeah...she was probably just on holiday.

We know where she was, what she was doing and why. It remains the UK's problem to fix. There's nothing hard to understand about that.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

This will upset some.... on 13:58 - Jul 16 with 1075 viewsfooters

This will upset some.... on 13:54 - Jul 16 by jeera

How the flying f*** is that Bangladesh's problem?

They didn't want to know, understandably as it's nothing to do with them.

She also has a claim here, what with being British n' all.

She's also far more likely to be radicalised further/again living unsupervised in Bangladesh, instead of being rehabilitated here.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

This will upset some.... on 14:02 - Jul 16 with 1052 viewsjeera

This will upset some.... on 13:58 - Jul 16 by footers

She's also far more likely to be radicalised further/again living unsupervised in Bangladesh, instead of being rehabilitated here.

She came out with some disgusting stuff and condoned some vile, murderous acts on innocent people.

I have no problem with saying that first and foremost it's important to not lose sight that they were the victims over her. But it's up to the authorities to deal with here.

My main sympathies are with the Syrian people who have enough to contend with without us shoving our responsibilities onto them as well.

This will upset some.... on 14:04 - Jul 16 with 1042 viewsHerbivore

This will upset some.... on 13:49 - Jul 16 by hampstead_blue

Yep. You've nailed it.

Sounds like the kind of ideology around justice that the likes of ISIS would support. Not really the actions of a civilised country to be locking up 15 year olds for the rest of their life.

This will upset some.... on 14:04 - Jul 16 with 1041 viewsGeoffSentence

This will upset some.... on 13:45 - Jul 16 by Meadowlark

Q: Cue a queue?
Coo!
Could be a coup.

I cant even blame that on predictive text. Mea Culpa wrong cue/queue/coup.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

This will upset some.... on 14:09 - Jul 16 with 1027 viewshampstead_blue

This will upset some.... on 13:53 - Jul 16 by SpruceMoose

Military 'intelligence'.

What is your point?

She is guilty and bang to rights. Sorry, but I've been toe to toe with terrorists and can tell you they deserve nothing. Cowards who hide behind the law when they get their backsides handed to them.

If they, like us, fought under International Law then they could rightfully ask to be treated under the Geneva Convention. However, they are cowards and the most vile murderers.

She gave sucker to those carrying out crimes against humanity. She is equally culpable as those who murdered women and children.

This will upset some.... on 14:13 - Jul 16 with 1010 viewsm14_blue

This will upset some.... on 14:09 - Jul 16 by hampstead_blue

What is your point?

She is guilty and bang to rights. Sorry, but I've been toe to toe with terrorists and can tell you they deserve nothing. Cowards who hide behind the law when they get their backsides handed to them.

If they, like us, fought under International Law then they could rightfully ask to be treated under the Geneva Convention. However, they are cowards and the most vile murderers.

She gave sucker to those carrying out crimes against humanity. She is equally culpable as those who murdered women and children.

She gave them sucker?

Surely what these terrorists get up to between the sheets is down to them.....?
This will upset some.... on 14:14 - Jul 16 with 1006 viewsSpruceMoose

This will upset some.... on 14:09 - Jul 16 by hampstead_blue

What is your point?

My point is that I can not believe how monumentally stupid you are.

She is a UK citizen. She is a UK problem to deal with. I don't give two shïts about your military service because you now seem to spend your days doing everything you can to tarnish it. Whatever good you think may have done in your past is now being trashed by you, every single day, by your displays of dangerous lunacy.

Honestly, blokes like you are why so many ex-service people have the reputation they do, which is a damn tragedy for the decent ones.
[Post edited 16 Jul 2020 14:26]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024