Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid 18:41 - Jul 27 with 3656 viewsElderGrizzly

We are more at risk from the collective sighs often heard at Portman Road

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 18:49 - Jul 27 with 3222 viewsKeno

chanting ok

but what about Booing?

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 18:56 - Jul 27 with 3202 viewsElderGrizzly

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 18:49 - Jul 27 by Keno

chanting ok

but what about Booing?

Also collective head on hands etc etc
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 18:56 - Jul 27 with 3209 viewsAce_High1

This one is obvious. There will be next to no crowds at sporting events for the next 12 months. Appreciate why they are trying to do it, but when the lower leagues need it to survive a few hundred fans here and there makes no difference and until there is a vaccine it is just not worth the risk?
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 18:59 - Jul 27 with 3185 viewsmonty_radio

Will the midfield and the strikers have to stay in their same social bubbles that they were practising all this last season?
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 19:00]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 19:00 - Jul 27 with 3181 viewsKeno

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 18:56 - Jul 27 by ElderGrizzly

Also collective head on hands etc etc

resigned deep sighing?

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 19:35 - Jul 27 with 3067 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

...and in other news; night follows day.

[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 19:35]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 19:45 - Jul 27 with 3026 viewsistanblue

Does this mean clubs like Accrington and Fleetwood won't be able to complete the season?
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 19:50 - Jul 27 with 3007 viewsSwansea_Blue

Won’t affect us that much will it? Should be enough room for all ST holders as long as we open all stands. Didn’t we have a thread on this a few weeks ago?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 20:30 - Jul 27 with 2923 viewsbrogansnose

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 19:00 - Jul 27 by Keno

resigned deep sighing?

Will tutting be allowed ? I do like a good tut coupled with some eye rolling.
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 20:37 - Jul 27 with 2904 viewsDubtractor

I would imagine that shouting 'For Fooks Sake Town' would result in a fair bit of airborne particles.....

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 21:36 - Jul 27 with 2821 viewsBlueBadger

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 18:49 - Jul 27 by Keno

chanting ok

but what about Booing?

I think they're saying you have to wear a mask on all their planes, but I don't see how that's relevant here.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 21:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 07:58 - Jul 28 with 2617 viewsTractorWood

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 19:50 - Jul 27 by Swansea_Blue

Won’t affect us that much will it? Should be enough room for all ST holders as long as we open all stands. Didn’t we have a thread on this a few weeks ago?

This feels fanciful. Proper social distancing in a ground uses about one in 6 seats. When you exclude restricted view and other dross seats the salable capacity of FPR is about 27,000. So that's 4,500 spread over every 6th seat in the ground.

This is on the assumption the old, vulnerable etc are all ok to return.

Seems a risky and depressing compromise if there remains any risk of transmission.

It's why I didn't renew. It won't actually feel like a football game until (if) there is mass vaccination. Massive drops in revenue and general crisis coming when people realise very little is going to change in the next 6 months.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 07:59 - Jul 28 with 2616 viewsWeWereZombies

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 20:30 - Jul 27 by brogansnose

Will tutting be allowed ? I do like a good tut coupled with some eye rolling.

I imagine you will only be able to get away with the second part of that, but you might be able to combine it with a looking away in disbelief.

On the plus side, when the stewards move towards you and are about to open their mouths you can combine the roll of the eyes with a finger to the lips (but don't let that finger actually touch the lips).

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:15 - Jul 28 with 2566 viewsBlockJJ

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 07:58 - Jul 28 by TractorWood

This feels fanciful. Proper social distancing in a ground uses about one in 6 seats. When you exclude restricted view and other dross seats the salable capacity of FPR is about 27,000. So that's 4,500 spread over every 6th seat in the ground.

Seems a risky and depressing compromise if there remains any risk of transmission.

It's why I didn't renew. It won't actually feel like a football game until (if) there is mass vaccination. Massive drops in revenue and general crisis coming when people realise very little is going to change in the next 6 months.

You're maths is implying everyone is coming by themselves....

The number (4500) of available seats will increase dramatically once you start putting families and 'bubbles' together.
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:18 - Jul 28 with 2556 viewsDanny_G

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 07:58 - Jul 28 by TractorWood

The Sports Ground Safety Authority released some draft guidance recently on social distancing in stadiums. The capacity percentage depends on the seating allocation method used, but their examples ranged up to a 33% capacity in seating areas.
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:25 - Jul 28 with 2532 viewsStokieBlue

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:15 - Jul 28 by BlockJJ

You're maths is implying everyone is coming by themselves....

The number (4500) of available seats will increase dramatically once you start putting families and 'bubbles' together.

It might not increase as much as you think as there still needs to be distancing between the bubbles. It also increases the number of people travelling to grounds which for ITFC might not be an issue with many driving but in London for instance, it would hugely increase the number of people on public transport.

It's not an Ipswich-centric issue.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:26 - Jul 28 with 2525 viewsStokieBlue

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:18 - Jul 28 by Danny_G

The Sports Ground Safety Authority released some draft guidance recently on social distancing in stadiums. The capacity percentage depends on the seating allocation method used, but their examples ranged up to a 33% capacity in seating areas.

You have the link?

Because whilst that might be fine in the actual seating I don't see how it works in the much smaller concourses, toilets, bars and stairwells in stadiums.

Is it that important to get back to watching matches in person? It's would be great of course but is it right up the priority list?

SB

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:30 - Jul 28 with 2508 viewsDanny_G

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:18 - Jul 28 by Danny_G

These are the two 33% examples:
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:32 - Jul 28 with 2499 viewsDanny_G

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:26 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue

You have the link?

Because whilst that might be fine in the actual seating I don't see how it works in the much smaller concourses, toilets, bars and stairwells in stadiums.

Is it that important to get back to watching matches in person? It's would be great of course but is it right up the priority list?

SB

I definitely think concourses, as they are at the moment, are the bigger issue. I was at the Oval yesterday and everyone was totally separated in the seats but, at lunch, people were congregating in groups in the concourse. One solution might be just to shut the bars at half time but allow you to drink in the seats during the game.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 8:33]
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:37 - Jul 28 with 2473 viewsStokieBlue

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:32 - Jul 28 by Danny_G

I definitely think concourses, as they are at the moment, are the bigger issue. I was at the Oval yesterday and everyone was totally separated in the seats but, at lunch, people were congregating in groups in the concourse. One solution might be just to shut the bars at half time but allow you to drink in the seats during the game.
[Post edited 28 Jul 2020 8:33]

Isn't that a not-to-subtle way of trying to overturn the drinking laws at football?

Interesting about the Oval - I think you are right that the same would happen in concourses at grounds - at half time people go there even if not buying refreshments.

SB

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:45 - Jul 28 with 2449 viewsKeno

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 21:36 - Jul 27 by BlueBadger

I think they're saying you have to wear a mask on all their planes, but I don't see how that's relevant here.
[Post edited 27 Jul 2020 21:41]

Let’s hope people Lockheed the advice

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:54 - Jul 28 with 2419 viewsBlockJJ

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:25 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue

It might not increase as much as you think as there still needs to be distancing between the bubbles. It also increases the number of people travelling to grounds which for ITFC might not be an issue with many driving but in London for instance, it would hugely increase the number of people on public transport.

It's not an Ipswich-centric issue.

SB

The distancing between a family/bubble will be the same as between two individual people who come alone as far as I am aware?
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:56 - Jul 28 with 2409 viewsStokieBlue

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:54 - Jul 28 by BlockJJ

The distancing between a family/bubble will be the same as between two individual people who come alone as far as I am aware?

Yes but it's not going to increase things hugely unless these bubbles are all groups of 8+ or something. I would think most people come in much smaller groups than that.

It also doesn't get around the issues with concourses, toilets, bars and public transport. It's not just about cramming as many people into the seats as possible with adequate distancing.

SB

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 09:22 - Jul 28 with 2358 viewsPhilTWTD

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:37 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue

Isn't that a not-to-subtle way of trying to overturn the drinking laws at football?

Interesting about the Oval - I think you are right that the same would happen in concourses at grounds - at half time people go there even if not buying refreshments.

SB

That has been proposed, no concourse bars and refreshments, including alcoholic drinks, brought to seats.
Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 09:26 - Jul 28 with 2341 viewsPinewoodblue

Reduced crowds all season and further reductions if chanting spreads Covid on 08:56 - Jul 28 by StokieBlue

Yes but it's not going to increase things hugely unless these bubbles are all groups of 8+ or something. I would think most people come in much smaller groups than that.

It also doesn't get around the issues with concourses, toilets, bars and public transport. It's not just about cramming as many people into the seats as possible with adequate distancing.

SB

Going to depend how you decide what constitutes a bubble, for example doubt there will be many same household family groups in SBRL but the majority in family areas will be larger bubbles, no singles.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024