Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West 21:34 - Jul 30 with 27428 viewsElderGrizzly

And one that will be ignored by those it is imposed on
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:37 - Jul 30 with 3648 viewsLibero

Aye, but what about me holiday tut Spain?!
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:44 - Jul 30 with 3605 viewsKievthegreat

Massively frustrating as someone living in the Leicester lockdown area that it appears the announcement of the review into our lockdown, that we were told was happening today, appears to consist of 10 words at the bottom of a picture of an iPhone note. Leicester's lockdown has now been going on for effectively 19 weeks.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:52 - Jul 30 with 3581 viewsKievthegreat

The local paper sums up the government's appalling communications.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:54 - Jul 30 with 3557 views26_Paz

Why do you think it will be ignored?

The Paz Man

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:59 - Jul 30 with 3535 viewsSpruceMoose

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:54 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Because people can't be trusted to do the right thing - like not jet off to Spain the second it's feasible to do so.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:01 - Jul 30 with 3510 viewsElderGrizzly

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:59 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

Because people can't be trusted to do the right thing - like not jet off to Spain the second it's feasible to do so.

Now extended to all indoor spaces, not just private homes

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:02 - Jul 30 with 3497 viewsElderGrizzly

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:54 - Jul 30 by 26_Paz

Because that is the reason they are back in lockdown
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:02 - Jul 30 with 3495 viewsStokieBlue

Why do you think it will be obeyed?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Login to get fewer ads

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:03 - Jul 30 with 3490 viewsfooters

Erm, if any of you didn't notice the 4th of July was Independence Day. We can do what we like now.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:10 - Jul 30 with 3446 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 21:59 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

As I said yesterday, the situation is a lot more tenuous than a lot of the Great British public appear willing to accept.

Maybe this will put a stop to the “we’re over the worst of it” narrative and encourage people to keep their social circles and movements small.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:11 - Jul 30 with 3450 viewsm14_blue

I wonder if the rather sudden announcement is at least in part because they’re worried about large family gatherings for Eid tomorrow.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:13 - Jul 30 with 3427 viewsStokieBlue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:11 - Jul 30 by m14_blue

I wonder if the rather sudden announcement is at least in part because they’re worried about large family gatherings for Eid tomorrow.

I'd say if that was the motivation they have left it far too late and those are going to go ahead regardless in many cases.

People will internally justify that they and their group don't have it so it's fine. It's human nature.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:14 - Jul 30 with 3418 viewsSpruceMoose

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:10 - Jul 30 by Libero

As I said yesterday, the situation is a lot more tenuous than a lot of the Great British public appear willing to accept.

Maybe this will put a stop to the “we’re over the worst of it” narrative and encourage people to keep their social circles and movements small.

It seems to me that wherever lockdown is being carried out, you can either do it once correctly, or multiple times incorrectly.

I'd prefer to opt for the first option, but I do have sympathy for those who will struggle economically because of that. That's the government's job to assist them though.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:16 - Jul 30 with 3401 viewsSpruceMoose

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:13 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

I'd say if that was the motivation they have left it far too late and those are going to go ahead regardless in many cases.

People will internally justify that they and their group don't have it so it's fine. It's human nature.

SB

Exactly this. My in laws have taken to inventing doctors appointments so that they can take grandma out on day trips from her assisted living community. It's fine apparently, as they don't have the virus.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:20 - Jul 30 with 3374 viewsm14_blue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:13 - Jul 30 by StokieBlue

SB

Totally agree.

It’s so unlike this government to make an ineffective, reactive and poorly communicated decision too.
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:22 - Jul 30 with 3366 viewsLibero

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:14 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

It seems to me that wherever lockdown is being carried out, you can either do it once correctly, or multiple times incorrectly.

I'd prefer to opt for the first option, but I do have sympathy for those who will struggle economically because of that. That's the government's job to assist them though.

I’m so thankful that I live in the relative safe haven that is mid Suffolk.

Most people I see out and about are wearing masks and observing good social distance, if we can keep that up we will hopefully maintain the relative levels of safety and freedoms thar we currently enjoy.
[Post edited 30 Jul 2020 22:25]
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:28 - Jul 30 with 3343 viewsSpruceMoose

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:22 - Jul 30 by Libero

Most people I see out and about are wearing masks and observing good social distance, if we can keep that up we will hopefully maintain the relative levels of safety and freedoms thar we currently enjoy.

Believe me I'm glad I live in New York and not North Carolina! It's comparatively sane here right now, even if the rest of the country is going down in flames.

Unfortunately being a tourist hub, people from elsewhere keep wanting to come here from their plague ridden Republican hell holes on holiday. Feck knows why, everything is closed.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:36 - Jul 30 with 3300 viewsEastTownBlue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:01 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

Now extended to all indoor spaces, not just private homes

Or maybe not

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:40 - Jul 30 with 3283 viewsSpruceMoose

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:36 - Jul 30 by EastTownBlue

Or maybe not

Reading Tweets about the UK government like this makes me think 'Huh, not my circus, not my monkeys, thank the lord!'

But then I remember my American monkeys have set fire to their big top and are currently flinging poo at me.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:43 - Jul 30 with 3267 viewsPinewoodblue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:22 - Jul 30 by Libero

Colchester are coming up on the rails and could soon be in contention, as could a few other areas in Yorkshire.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:44 - Jul 30 with 3262 viewsElderGrizzly

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:20 - Jul 30 by m14_blue

Totally agree.

It’s so unlike this government to make an ineffective, reactive and poorly communicated decision too.

Indeed. They’ve now reversed their decision and you can meet in a pub with hundreds of other people, but not in your home with 2 others

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:45 - Jul 30 with 3252 viewsElderGrizzly

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:40 - Jul 30 by SpruceMoose

Reading Tweets about the UK government like this makes me think 'Huh, not my circus, not my monkeys, thank the lord!'

But then I remember my American monkeys have set fire to their big top and are currently flinging poo at me.

Lets hope our vigilance is better than the common sense.

Seriously though, they let people meet hundreds of others in pubs etc and probably use public transport to get there, but don’t meet 2 people in your house
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:55 - Jul 30 with 3220 viewsEastTownBlue

Clarity from the mayor ? No, just "our understanding is".

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:58 - Jul 30 with 3216 viewsElderGrizzly

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:55 - Jul 30 by EastTownBlue

Clarity from the mayor ? No, just "our understanding is".

Eid starts tomorrow. This will be one of the main reasons for the announcement tonight
New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 23:05 - Jul 30 with 3175 viewsMach_foreignBlue

New lockdown restrictions in Greater Manchester and North West on 22:45 - Jul 30 by ElderGrizzly

Lets hope our vigilance is better than the common sense.

Seriously though, they let people meet hundreds of others in pubs etc and probably use public transport to get there, but don’t meet 2 people in your house

Because all of that makes no sense whatsoever. Schooling people keeps going on and on.

Equally stupid or even worse 'restrictions' in the other countries.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024