Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? 12:24 - Jul 31 with 14139 viewsHerbivore

Just mumbling and bumbling, not much clarity. Awkwardly rifling through his papers because he's too lazy and feckless to actually prepare himself. Never have we had a PM so ill suited to the role.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 21:42 - Jul 31 with 1706 viewsRyorry

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:07 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

This is excellent on that score. It basically reveals that the very myth he created about himself and cashed in on over the years is exactly what we've got now and what makes him such an awful leader.

Keep reading until you get to the twist in the tale:

https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

That's a very good one, I heard him relating it in a radio feature just before the Dec 19 GE.

Either not many people heard it or they didn't care and voted for him anyway. I stil think the reason the world got lumbered with him & Trump is in no small part due to the culture of charisma & having blond hair.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 21:45 - Jul 31 with 1695 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 21:09 - Jul 31 by vapour_trail

He couldn’t even be arsed to attend five consecutive cobra meetings as the crisis was developing.

He wanted the job for the lols. He’s completely unsuited to crisis management. Teresa May would have been infinitely better.

He is a fcking car crash, to our collective cost, and if you’re still backing him, you are mental.

I'm not sure Teresea May would've, but Theresa might've been.

Though I'm not sure how much crisis planning is required on an adult movie set. Quite a lot, possibly.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 22:26 - Jul 31 with 1651 viewsPlums

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:49 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

Impossible situation to manage. It’s impossible to keep everyone happy. The variety of views and attitudes towards restrictions shown by people on here demonstrates that. I feel sorry for him. It’s an impossible and thankless job he’s got.

He wanted the top job, he’s got it and he’s made a total balls of it in under a year - as many predicted he would. How on earth can you feel sorry for him?

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 22:40 - Jul 31 with 1637 viewsvapour_trail

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 22:26 - Jul 31 by Plums

He wanted the top job, he’s got it and he’s made a total balls of it in under a year - as many predicted he would. How on earth can you feel sorry for him?

He’d have winged it under normal circumstances. He’d have been a liability and an expensive mistake, but he would have got away with it.

It’s tragic for the uk that the pandemic arrived at the same time as Johnson though.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 00:17 - Aug 1 with 1599 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 22:40 - Jul 31 by vapour_trail

He’d have winged it under normal circumstances. He’d have been a liability and an expensive mistake, but he would have got away with it.

It’s tragic for the uk that the pandemic arrived at the same time as Johnson though.

Yep. And what's more tragic is that most of those who backed him would rather pretend he's not been a disaster than admit they might have got it wrong.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 00:25 - Aug 1 with 1592 viewsRyorry

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:49 - Jul 31 by BlueBadger

Boris Johnson has even made me feel slightly sorry for Matt Hancock, given how he's been clearly set up as the fall guy for all this.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/initial-gp-consultations-now-happen-112100453.html

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 07:59 - Aug 1 with 1543 views26_Paz

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 19:37 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

I don't think we're special enough that ours is particulalrly tricky. There are plenty of countries with an older population than ours - aging populations is a global problem for developed countries ( https://www.prb.org/countries-with-the-oldest-populations/).

There's more of a case with average health. We don't do that well and a lot of the countries higher ranked for health have done better with covid. New Zealand are the same as us though, average health wise and they've bossed us. Health itself is also a reflection of how a country manages itself. We've probably got poor average health ratings for many of the same reasons we've coped badly with covid.

New Zealand has nowhere near the population density that we have ... we pretty much have the perfect storm for Covid ...

The Paz Man

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 08:10 - Aug 1 with 1527 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 07:59 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

New Zealand has nowhere near the population density that we have ... we pretty much have the perfect storm for Covid ...

No they don't, but but you were making a point about health not population density. There are countries with much higher population densities, with open borders who've done much better than us. We have the highest excess death rate in Europe, despite being Europe's only island nation.

The only reason we have the perfect storm is because we had abandoned preparations, reacted too late in a confused manner and then undermined all authority by fecking off to Barnard Castle.

If you can't see that they've got this wrong, there's no hope.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 08:58 - Aug 1 with 1503 views26_Paz

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 08:10 - Aug 1 by Swansea_Blue

No they don't, but but you were making a point about health not population density. There are countries with much higher population densities, with open borders who've done much better than us. We have the highest excess death rate in Europe, despite being Europe's only island nation.

The only reason we have the perfect storm is because we had abandoned preparations, reacted too late in a confused manner and then undermined all authority by fecking off to Barnard Castle.

If you can't see that they've got this wrong, there's no hope.

I’m not saying they haven’t got things wrong, of course they have. I was saying I have some sympathy with those tasked with managing such a difficult situation

The Paz Man

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:01 - Aug 1 with 1495 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 08:58 - Aug 1 by 26_Paz

I’m not saying they haven’t got things wrong, of course they have. I was saying I have some sympathy with those tasked with managing such a difficult situation

If you caught 'boris' with his johnson in Mrs Paz, you'd ask if he'd like a cuppa.

Never wrong. Ever.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:06 - Aug 1 with 1488 viewspointofblue

The point is up to now we have been reactive rather than proactive. Rather than looking to head things off at the pass we let them proceed then ended up scrambling trying to change direction. The WHO were asking for widespread lockdowns and social distancing long before we implemented it. The government allowed fans of a Spanish football team, from a key outbreak area, to travel and interact in one of our biggest cities. The government permitted a large audience at the Cheltenham Gold Cup as figures from other nations were showing what was to come. The government decided to change basic rules to keep the likes of Dominic Cummings and Michael Gove onside rather than risk losing them due to their blatant disregard for public safety. This is not being wise after the event, this is ignoring all the signs until it was too late then trying to ease potentially too much before everything was under control. The irony is one of the key Brexit pledges was to control our borders yet, when we could have done to try and manage the virus entering the country from abroad, we failed miserably to do so.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:21 - Aug 1 with 1475 viewsHerbivore

You've yet to provide any good reason to disagree with my OP. At least you now admit they've got things wrong, what you haven't done is provided any evidence of things that speak to Johnson actually being competent as a PM. You haven't done so because you can't. You support him in the way a kid supports a football team: with great enthusiasm and a delusional belief that they really are the greatest team in the world despite them playing in the Conference South.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:24 - Aug 1 with 1460 viewsbracknell_blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:45 - Jul 31 by Illinoisblue

You could easily argue he’s worse, much worse, than Trump as a leader. Given Johnson’s upbringing and education and supposed intellect, he’s a giant f**king fraud. Surely the worst Prime Minister there’s ever been.

Don't conflate intellect with education.

Poll: Should Thatcher have a state funeral

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:25 - Aug 1 with 1457 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:21 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

You've yet to provide any good reason to disagree with my OP. At least you now admit they've got things wrong, what you haven't done is provided any evidence of things that speak to Johnson actually being competent as a PM. You haven't done so because you can't. You support him in the way a kid supports a football team: with great enthusiasm and a delusional belief that they really are the greatest team in the world despite them playing in the Conference South.

Are you trying to say Dagenham and Redbridge aren't a good team?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:27 - Aug 1 with 1443 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:25 - Aug 1 by footers

Are you trying to say Dagenham and Redbridge aren't a good team?

They are better at football than Boris Johnson is at being Prime Minister.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 10:05 - Aug 1 with 1410 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:21 - Aug 1 by Herbivore

Come on gazzer, join the debate and explain to me why you think Johnson is competent. Don't just down arrow from the sidelines.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:31 - Aug 1 with 1357 viewseireblue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 09:01 - Aug 1 by footers

If you caught 'boris' with his johnson in Mrs Paz, you'd ask if he'd like a cuppa.

Never wrong. Ever.

I would also imagine, in this scenario, if Mrs Paz suggested that Boris wasn’t quite getting the job done, Paz would explain to his Mrs, what she was doing wrong.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:40 - Aug 1 with 1339 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:31 - Aug 1 by eireblue

I would also imagine, in this scenario, if Mrs Paz suggested that Boris wasn’t quite getting the job done, Paz would explain to his Mrs, what she was doing wrong.

I imagine in this scenario that if Johnson was struggling to get to full mast and was fumbling about trying to thumb in a semi, Pazzer would be on the sidelines lauding him for doing a fantastic job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024