Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? 12:24 - Jul 31 with 14135 viewsHerbivore

Just mumbling and bumbling, not much clarity. Awkwardly rifling through his papers because he's too lazy and feckless to actually prepare himself. Never have we had a PM so ill suited to the role.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:03 - Jul 31 with 5665 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:58 - Jul 31 by Darth_Koont

No. That someone like Johnson and his empty, self-serving politics can get to lead a major Western nation is the other side of the coin of having an opposition leader and politics mercilessly attacked by the media BECAUSE it was politics characterised by social justice and equality.

Enjoy!

In entirely unrelated news there will be 5.2 million children living in poverty by 2022.

Imagine a world where some people wanted a few people to be ridiculously wealthy and sod everyone else (A)

Imagine a world where some other people wanted things to be shared more equally and nobody to go without (B)

Now imagine that all of this was reported in the media, by the very people that were (A). Why it's almost like they'd have a reason to deliberately misrepresent (A) positively and (B) negatively wouldn't they?

And HALF this country and too thick to understand all this. Newspapers are like getting one side of the story from a completely deluded, bitter ex of the completely decent partner who is remaining silent and dignified.

It's depressing that people that grow up to be adults with working brains cannot fathom the simple concept of people having agendas.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 13:16]

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:04 - Jul 31 with 5662 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:56 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

It's not an impossible job, it's his job. It's a job other leaders elsewhere are doing and have been doing far more competently than him. We have the highest excess deaths in Europe. We came out of lockdown comparatively early with really poor and mixed messaging in place. Johnson and those close to him have continually undermined or contradicted their own advice.

Rather than blithely dismissing it as an impossible job and implying that as such it doesn't matter what he's doing, maybe you can tell us what he's actually done to make you think he's doing his job competently? What have I said about how he's presented and conducted himself that is incorrect? You've been sold a pup and backed a snake oil salesman. You'll realise it eventually, when you finally choose to open your eyes and ears.

Also, just for starters and off the top of my head:

- We went into lockdown late. The when challenged lied about when they implemented the lockdown.
- We had abandoned our pandemic preparation and stockpiling in the name of austerity
- We changed the regulations on minimum standard of protection for health workers, just so they could say they had enough PPE
- Government ministers and advisers have flaunted their own advice
- They've rather change advice on the basis of the their ministers behaviour, rather tackle the ministers who broke it
- They lied about the discharging infected people into care homes and the when challenged lied about the advice they'd given care homes
- They've invented figures to make themselves look better (reliability of data is sacrosanct if you're making life and death decisions based on it).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:06 - Jul 31 with 5650 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:03 - Jul 31 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Imagine a world where some people wanted a few people to be ridiculously wealthy and sod everyone else (A)

Imagine a world where some other people wanted things to be shared more equally and nobody to go without (B)

Now imagine that all of this was reported in the media, by the very people that were (A). Why it's almost like they'd have a reason to deliberately misrepresent (A) positively and (B) negatively wouldn't they?

And HALF this country and too thick to understand all this. Newspapers are like getting one side of the story from a completely deluded, bitter ex of the completely decent partner who is remaining silent and dignified.

It's depressing that people that grow up to be adults with working brains cannot fathom the simple concept of people having agendas.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 13:16]

Indeed.

The UK has become as politically illiterate and socially ignorant as the US. And that's utterly mirrored and reinforced by our traditional media and politicians.

Pronouns: He/Him

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:08 - Jul 31 with 5648 viewsHerbivore

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:01 - Jul 31 by GaryCooper

Never voted Tory, my mum was a labour councillor in Ipswich, but she was the wrong sort of Labour according to that dummkopf who filled TWTD with his Goebbeslesque propaganda.

The type of misguided dreamer that has to own this Tory government along with those who voted for it.

I'm sure that's how things seem(ed) in your head, Gary.

I'd be interested to hear your views on the OP without making any reference to Corbyn or Labour. For someone who has never voted Tory you do spend rather a lot of time trying to deflect any criticism of Johnson or the Tories on to Corbyn and Labour rather than just commenting on the competence of Johnson and the Tories.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:10 - Jul 31 with 5627 viewseireblue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:49 - Jul 31 by 26_Paz

Impossible situation to manage. It’s impossible to keep everyone happy. The variety of views and attitudes towards restrictions shown by people on here demonstrates that. I feel sorry for him. It’s an impossible and thankless job he’s got.

No it isn’t.

The strategy is wrong.

This is also a process that is determined by ministers. Listen to the answer of Prof Chris.

The Government strategy is to keep R below one.

A better strategy is to eliminate transmission, then do aggressive track and trace,

This is not an impossible situation to manage.

It is a situation that is beyond the capability of the PM and Government, to manage.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 13:11]
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:12 - Jul 31 with 5596 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:08 - Jul 31 by Herbivore

I'm sure that's how things seem(ed) in your head, Gary.

I'd be interested to hear your views on the OP without making any reference to Corbyn or Labour. For someone who has never voted Tory you do spend rather a lot of time trying to deflect any criticism of Johnson or the Tories on to Corbyn and Labour rather than just commenting on the competence of Johnson and the Tories.

Given Gazza's views on pretty much every given topic, not sure he's the type of fair-minded 'moderate' who belongs anywhere near the Labour Party.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:13 - Jul 31 with 5581 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:12 - Jul 31 by footers

Given Gazza's views on pretty much every given topic, not sure he's the type of fair-minded 'moderate' who belongs anywhere near the Labour Party.

Unfortunately I think he's exactly who New New Labour are going for. And on Gary's own terms rather than convince him that he's got it all @rse about face.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:22 - Jul 31 with 5515 viewsSwansea_Blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:10 - Jul 31 by eireblue

No it isn’t.

The strategy is wrong.

This is also a process that is determined by ministers. Listen to the answer of Prof Chris.

The Government strategy is to keep R below one.

A better strategy is to eliminate transmission, then do aggressive track and trace,

This is not an impossible situation to manage.

It is a situation that is beyond the capability of the PM and Government, to manage.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 13:11]

Nicely put

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:26 - Jul 31 with 5503 viewsFenboyBlue

Put it this way. There's not going to be a film called "Darkest Hour 2" with Gary Oldman playing Boris.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:27 - Jul 31 with 5485 viewsfooters

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:26 - Jul 31 by FenboyBlue

Put it this way. There's not going to be a film called "Darkest Hour 2" with Gary Oldman playing Boris.

Or there may be, but for very different reasons!

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:29 - Jul 31 with 5474 viewseireblue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:27 - Jul 31 by footers

Or there may be, but for very different reasons!

With Fozzie Bear in the lead role.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 13:32 - Jul 31 with 5465 viewsgiant_stow

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:26 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Chris Witty: 'We are at the outer edge of what we can do in terms of opening up society'. And this is before schools open up... hmm, interesting autumn ahead. By logical extension, that means some things may need to be closed down to allow the schools to open up.

Schools reopenning is definately coming back into question, what with the pattern established where we get what Europe gets a few weeks later. Gutted. Why couldn;t we teach kids while we had the fcking chance?! So many wated days of good weather early on and now they;re all just sitting at home while infecitons are low. No one seems to care either.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:26 - Jul 31 with 5400 viewsBlueBadger

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:42 - Jul 31 by GaryCooper

He is a complete Stumblebum, the years the supposed Labour supporters dedicated to the toxic Corbyn are a huge contributor to this ineptitude.

Choo choo! The Whatabouttery train to Hogwarts is now arriving at platform 4!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:27 - Jul 31 with 5395 viewstractordownsouth

Worst PM we've had by miles. Despite the arrogance of Cameron, I find it hard to believe he'd have disregarded the science and blamed the care homes to cover up his own failings.

Similarly, whilst I disagreed with the ideology of Thatcher, she was at least good at what she did. Johnson doesn't even have a clue what his objectives are, never mind how to achieve them.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:32 - Jul 31 with 5382 viewstractordownsouth

Impossible situation to manage. It’s impossible to keep everyone happy. The variety of views and attitudes towards restrictions shown by people on here demonstrates that. I feel sorry for him. It’s an impossible and thankless job he’s got.

Sick of hearing this "it's an impossible job" stuff in response to any criticism. Sure, it's difficult and there would inevitably be mistakes, but countless countries have done it way better than we have - France, Germany and New Zealand just to name a few. And when those mistakes have been questioned, the govt hasn't held it's hands up, they've blamed care homes, scientists and anyone else other than themselves. Hancock was even lying about when lockdown was implemented.

This whole situation has shown the limitations of populism and sloganeering . Once they encounter real problems that they can't just shout "Project Fear" or "Fake News" at, they're shown up for the irresponsible charlatans that they are.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:33 - Jul 31 with 5379 viewsBlueNomad

You should not feel sorry for him. He and his miserable crew wanted power at all costs. With power goes great responsibility and an expectation that they will meet enormous challenges, many unexpected. They have repeatedly shown how ideology does not equal competence. They are incompetent blame-shifters. They own it - if they do well they deserve praise, if they don’t they need criticism. They are a shambles and deserve all the stick they get.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:39 - Jul 31 with 5363 viewsfactual_blue

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:52 - Jul 31 by EastTownBlue

... and get a test.

...That's something boris has been reminded to do on numerous occasions one suspects.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:48 - Jul 31 with 5344 viewsMaySixth

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:42 - Jul 31 by GaryCooper

He is a complete Stumblebum, the years the supposed Labour supporters dedicated to the toxic Corbyn are a huge contributor to this ineptitude.

lol

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:51 - Jul 31 with 5332 viewsthebooks

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:45 - Jul 31 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I have met David Cameron twice.

I absolute despise the Tories. I would never vote for them. I had a significant dislike of Cameron and everything he stood for before meeting him.

But every single question he was asked (some staged) and some not - as two of my mates asked questions - were answered incredibly well. He spoke eloquently, in detail, with empathy and with incredible knowledge. He could have spent a year working on each response and they wouldn't have been better.

I don't believe for one moment he meant any of what he said but that's not the point. I couldn't help admire how incredibly professional and knowledgeable he was. That should be what it takes to be a President or Prime Minister.

We can't even get a thing that can brush it's own hair.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2020 12:48]

You're basically saying being a good PR bod is what makes a PM?
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:01 - Jul 31 with 5312 viewsPJH

It is no doubt a difficult situation but it is not helped by his obvious incompetence.

The only things that he would seem to be good at are telling lies and fathering children.
Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:02 - Jul 31 with 5304 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 14:51 - Jul 31 by thebooks

You're basically saying being a good PR bod is what makes a PM?

Not at all.

I am saying being exceptional from a PR perspective is part of one of the elements you should have to lead your country.

There are 65 million people and there will be a great many thousand that are highly intelligent and able to speak confidently and factually.

It's too much to expect a Tory PM to be genuinely interested in you or I, but in the past they have at least had to the good manner to prepare well enough to give the illusion they do.

Johnson reeks of someone who cares so little about us and doesn't care that we know this that he just rocks up and mumbles his way through nothing in particular.

David Cameron may have been many things but in the moment he spoke you believed, with confidence, what he was saying.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:07 - Jul 31 with 5282 viewsDarth_Koont

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:02 - Jul 31 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Not at all.

I am saying being exceptional from a PR perspective is part of one of the elements you should have to lead your country.

There are 65 million people and there will be a great many thousand that are highly intelligent and able to speak confidently and factually.

It's too much to expect a Tory PM to be genuinely interested in you or I, but in the past they have at least had to the good manner to prepare well enough to give the illusion they do.

Johnson reeks of someone who cares so little about us and doesn't care that we know this that he just rocks up and mumbles his way through nothing in particular.

David Cameron may have been many things but in the moment he spoke you believed, with confidence, what he was saying.

This is excellent on that score. It basically reveals that the very myth he created about himself and cashed in on over the years is exactly what we've got now and what makes him such an awful leader.

Keep reading until you get to the twist in the tale:

https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:24 - Jul 31 with 5243 viewsBlueBadger

But the football is better and the match day experience is much better. Plus, we'll have all the new grounds to visit. All aboard HMS piss the league!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:29 - Jul 31 with 5232 viewsBlueBadger

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 12:26 - Jul 31 by Swansea_Blue

Chris Witty: 'We are at the outer edge of what we can do in terms of opening up society'. And this is before schools open up... hmm, interesting autumn ahead. By logical extension, that means some things may need to be closed down to allow the schools to open up.

We are quietly planning for an absolute cluster*ck of a winter a [redacted] general.

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:41 - Jul 31 with 5219 viewsitfcjoe

Boris Johnson really is a shambles isn't he? on 15:02 - Jul 31 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Not at all.

I was listening to a commentator the other day, can't remember who, and was saying that the working class/Daily Mail older conservative don't like how scruffy both Johnson and Corbyn are/were. Not brushing his hair, or wearing a sh*t jacket to the Cenotaph.

They find these things disrespectful, they want someone who looks the part and dresses smartly.

I think it's quite an interesting point, and it's the sort of thing my Mum says to me - they don't care if it is 'their look', they want someone who dresses up for the ocassions and loosk smart

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024