Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No FA Cup chat? 19:16 - Aug 1 with 4568 viewsFixed_It

Sad sign of the times...

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

No FA Cup chat? on 19:22 - Aug 1 with 3901 viewsjeera

I put it on a little while ago and look up at it every now and then.

But truthfully for me it's 2 teams I don't care about so it's difficult as far as enthusiasm goes.

I'm sure there's others watching who are more interested who might be willing to indulge you.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

No FA Cup chat? on 19:25 - Aug 1 with 3881 viewsThe_Major

To be fair, at least with Maitland-Niles playing we have a very minor interest in it.

And it must be said, he's done pretty well.
No FA Cup chat? on 19:25 - Aug 1 with 3878 viewsFixed_It

No FA Cup chat? on 19:22 - Aug 1 by jeera

I put it on a little while ago and look up at it every now and then.

But truthfully for me it's 2 teams I don't care about so it's difficult as far as enthusiasm goes.

I'm sure there's others watching who are more interested who might be willing to indulge you.

I'm with you jeera - not interested at all for the same reasons. Just sad that what used to be such a great occasion has come to this.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

No FA Cup chat? on 19:28 - Aug 1 with 3868 viewsjeera

No FA Cup chat? on 19:25 - Aug 1 by Fixed_It

I'm with you jeera - not interested at all for the same reasons. Just sad that what used to be such a great occasion has come to this.

There was a time I would follow FA Cup final day with the build-up from 9 in the morning.

We all did didn't we?

It really was an all day affair, no matter the teams.

No FA Cup chat? on 19:31 - Aug 1 with 3849 viewsNthQldITFC

"Osborne, one-nil!"

(that any good?)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

No FA Cup chat? on 19:32 - Aug 1 with 3840 viewsFixed_It

No FA Cup chat? on 19:31 - Aug 1 by NthQldITFC

"Osborne, one-nil!"

(that any good?)

That'll do nicely thanks!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

No FA Cup chat? on 19:33 - Aug 1 with 3831 viewsFixed_It

No FA Cup chat? on 19:28 - Aug 1 by jeera

There was a time I would follow FA Cup final day with the build-up from 9 in the morning.

We all did didn't we?

TW indeed TD.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

No FA Cup chat? on 19:38 - Aug 1 with 3807 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not Chelsea's afternoon. 3 serious injuries and a player wrongly sent of. There's a possibility the Arsenal keeper handled outside the box too, but we never got a replay.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

No FA Cup chat? on 19:42 - Aug 1 with 3789 viewsgtsb1966

I wish i could watch it simply because im babysitting my grandson and I've just had to watch an hour and a half of "The rubbish world of Dave Spud". Oh the joy.
No FA Cup chat? on 19:46 - Aug 1 with 3766 viewsJ2BLUE

Do you mean because it's devalued or because of covid?

If the former I disagree. If the latter, agree entirely. A big Wembley final without the fans is just such an anticlimax. I can't imagine the Champions League final without fans.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

No FA Cup chat? on 19:49 - Aug 1 with 3752 viewsShawsey

Arsenal deserved to win it. Dodgy sending off mind.
No FA Cup chat? on 19:49 - Aug 1 with 3756 viewsjeera

No FA Cup chat? on 19:46 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

If the former I disagree. If the latter, agree entirely. A big Wembley final without the fans is just such an anticlimax. I can't imagine the Champions League final without fans.

In some quarters apparently it's been devalued because of Dave Spud.

If that doesn't ring a few alarm bells then nothing will.

No FA Cup chat? on 20:18 - Aug 1 with 3679 viewsFixed_It

No FA Cup chat? on 19:46 - Aug 1 by J2BLUE

A bit of both tbh. The FA Cup has lost some of it's magic in recent years - Wembley semi-finals, strange KO times, lack of build-up on TV, over exposure, big teams not taking it seriously in the early rounds, etc. But to then add no fans - makes it almost unwatchable.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

No FA Cup chat? on 20:27 - Aug 1 with 3648 viewsSpruceMoose

No FA Cup chat? on 19:28 - Aug 1 by jeera

We all did didn't we?

I remember it being like that as kid and teenager. A real stand out day in the calendar.

I think it changed for me around the time old Wembley stadium was demolished and they started using the new Wembley for semi finals.

A semi final should always be played somewhere like Villa Park to my mind.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

No FA Cup chat? on 21:01 - Aug 1 with 3598 viewsquirkie

1st time I've not watching the FA Cup final since 1978.

Sign of the times.

Poll: How long will we be in League One/League Two from next season?

No FA Cup chat? on 21:55 - Aug 1 with 3545 viewsronnyd

Watched some of it but got bored of players screaming and writhing on the ground at the lightest of touches. Also, there were instances when Arteta and some of his players were waving imaginary cards to the ref, who had a shocker to be fair. That said, think the best team won. Just don't like either of them. Oh, my son in law is a Chelsea fan.
No FA Cup chat? on 22:06 - Aug 1 with 3529 viewsjaykay

it died a long time ago, 1999 2000 season to be precise

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

No FA Cup chat? on 22:31 - Aug 1 with 3493 viewspointofblue

No FA Cup chat? on 19:49 - Aug 1 by Shawsey

Arsenal deserved to win it. Dodgy sending off mind.

Let's be honest, if it had been Aubameyang who had pulled his hamstring instead of Pulisic then Chelsea would have won it.

That was one of the worst refereeing performances I have ever seen too.
[Post edited 1 Aug 2020 22:32]

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

No FA Cup chat? on 23:10 - Aug 1 with 3447 viewsMelford

The FA Cup deserves better treatment. It's a tournament that pretty much every football team in the country plays in. 735 teams across the country started the competition, so that's 643 non-league. This season's FA Cup started last August 10th with the Extra Preliminary Round. It's the one competition that literally every football club in this country is part of, from Long Melford FC to Arsenal.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

No FA Cup chat? on 12:30 - Aug 2 with 3299 viewsRyorry

No FA Cup chat? on 19:38 - Aug 1 by Swansea_Blue

Not Chelsea's afternoon. 3 serious injuries and a player wrongly sent of. There's a possibility the Arsenal keeper handled outside the box too, but we never got a replay.

Replay on MOTD showed that whilst the keeper's *body* was outside the box, his hands and the ball were clearly on the other side of the line *in* the box as he arced back. Quite something!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No FA Cup chat? on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 3288 viewsWeWereZombies

No FA Cup chat? on 20:18 - Aug 1 by Fixed_It

A bit of both tbh. The FA Cup has lost some of it's magic in recent years - Wembley semi-finals, strange KO times, lack of build-up on TV, over exposure, big teams not taking it seriously in the early rounds, etc. But to then add no fans - makes it almost unwatchable.

I felt that in view of the circumstances it was a decent cup final - and that extends to Emeli Sandé singing 'Abide With Me' (was she really on the roof or was that computer graphics? Whichever it was I thought it was an extraordinary performance.) That being said I was late in last night so watched the first half, realised I was falling asleep at the end of it, so left the second half until this morning. That meant I cut out all of the punditry, although I did listen to all of the half time Romesh and only bothered with Aubameyang not managing to pick up all of the cup and then dropping it when he did, also our Ainsley looking lost when a team mate started handing out the medals and seemed to be ignoring him. Great build up to the winning goal though and netted with some aplomb too.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No FA Cup chat? on 12:53 - Aug 2 with 3278 viewsRyorry

No FA Cup chat? on 12:49 - Aug 2 by WeWereZombies

I felt that in view of the circumstances it was a decent cup final - and that extends to Emeli Sandé singing 'Abide With Me' (was she really on the roof or was that computer graphics? Whichever it was I thought it was an extraordinary performance.) That being said I was late in last night so watched the first half, realised I was falling asleep at the end of it, so left the second half until this morning. That meant I cut out all of the punditry, although I did listen to all of the half time Romesh and only bothered with Aubameyang not managing to pick up all of the cup and then dropping it when he did, also our Ainsley looking lost when a team mate started handing out the medals and seemed to be ignoring him. Great build up to the winning goal though and netted with some aplomb too.

Emili Sande didn't get a look in on MOTD highlights of the game! Is she on the full replay in iPlayer?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

No FA Cup chat? on 13:02 - Aug 2 with 3271 viewsWeWereZombies

No FA Cup chat? on 12:53 - Aug 2 by Ryorry

Emili Sande didn't get a look in on MOTD highlights of the game! Is she on the full replay in iPlayer?

Yes, err just before the beginning of the match (at least they haven't mucked about the format of things so much that 'Abide With Me' is red button only - although the red button for 'no crowd noise' does not seem to have any effect watching on iPlayer through a Chromebook.)

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

No FA Cup chat? on 13:19 - Aug 2 with 3262 viewsTrequartista

Despite some entertaining football it was horrible to watch. No fans obviously, but all the horrors of modern football were on display. Players screaming like they've been shot, Giroud's giant redwood tumbling was laughable. The tackle that got Kovacic sent off was cheating by the opponent, but seemingly no-one cares. The horrors of var lurking in the background ready to turn matters of opinion into matters of opinion, but couldn't be used for the red card it seems as it was a second yellow. How can you have a game with rules set so arbitrarily? Either officiate with humans or computers but not a half-and-half monster.

How is this football?

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

No FA Cup chat? on 13:25 - Aug 2 with 3243 viewsN2_Blue

Football without fans isn't great to watch and I've hardly watched a game of Prem football since the restart...however I watched the cup final and thought it was a very enjoyable good game of football. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think it would have been quite an occasion had times been normal and with 90,000 London fans there.

Plus it may have been the last chance to watch Aubameyang and appreciate his skill in English football, a fantastic player and far too good for the current Arsenal team.

People who chose not to watch missed one of the better games of football since it returned but each to their own.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024